YOU MUST APPLY ONLINE AT THE LINK PROVIDED OR IN PERSON FOR CONSIDERATION https://re21.ultipro.com/CON1029/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=5008
View all openings at www.concordhotels.com/careers.
Requisition Number 14-1161
Post Date 8/1/2014
Property Sheraton Oklahoma City
City Oklahoma City
Salary Range: Low $66,061.00
Salary Range: High $79,273.00
Salary Type: Yearly Salary
Administers, directs, and controls the operations of the Accounting/Night Audit Department. Also assists the General Manager through a dotted line reporting function in running the hotel by providing information, assuring ownership of proper control and prudent management through direct reporting responsibility.
1. Experience as an Accountant and/or Controller.
2. Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
3. Ability to provide legible communication.
4. Ability to do basic arithmetic.
5. Ability to read and interpret various forms and reports.
1. Any managerial experience.
1. Communicate with different types of people to comprehend what they want and to provide them with information.
2. Operate a calculator and computer.
3. Ability to enforce hotels standards, policies and procedures with assigned staff.
4. Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments delegate work.
5. Ability to direct performance of assigned staff and follow up with corrective where needed.
6. Ability to motivate assigned staff and maintain a cohesive team.
7. Ability to ascertain staff training needs and provide such training.
8. Ability to be a clear thinker in pressure situations and exercise good judgments.
9. Ability to focus attention on details, speed and accuracy.
10. Ability to maintain confidentiality of hotel guests and pertinent hotel information.
11. Ability to ensure security of guest room access and hotel property.
Responsibilities Other duties may be assigned
-Protects the assets of the hotel.
-Provides the General Manager with timely and accurate data on which to make management decisions. Provides accurate and meaningful financial statements to owners and management.
-Ensures proper controls are in place and monitors such controls.
-Ensures the various areas under the responsibility of the Controller are operating effectively and efficiently.
-Ensures the controls are minimizing losses and maximizing profits by retaining revenues, reducing expenses, and safeguarding hotel assets.
-The Controller coordinates budget preparation and the full involvement of Department Heads is obtained.
-Prints daily statements, copies all related back up and mails with statements as necessary.
-Post Ledger payments daily.
-Process returned checks through Ledger and complete check requisition to reimburse bank. Send all returned checks that do not have valid credit card approval to collections immediately.
-Clear Exec Off account daily. Verify division numbers on all departments.
-Print weekly reports.
-Sign for, set up account for, and log advance deposits.
-Answer any guest questions/research.
-Post all charges, rebates, etc.
-Administer 10-30 day calls on outstanding accounts.
-Direct bill and maintain records for UPS, FED-EX, AirBorne, etc.
-Handle credit card inquiries and charge backs. Reconcile credit card accounts.
-Prepare and run write-off meetings at end of month.
-Weekly status reports to sales and catering.
-Formulate and execute a strategy to keep the Days Sales Credit Outstanding under 32 days.
-Responsible for general office duties.
-Record all cashier overages and shortages. Publish cashier over/short daily to department heads and appropriate Leadership Team Members.
-Submits payroll every other week on the Monday before Pay Days.
-Keeps open communication between subordinates, peers, and associates.
-If available, trains all associates in the Accounting department how to perform their job duties to the best of their abilities while in accordance with established objectives, policies, and procedures.
-Provides disciplinary action when, and if, necessary.
-Participates in the following
a. weekly Leadership Team meetings
b. property MOD program
c. weekly staff meetings
d. monthly department and safety meetings
-Administers and maintains accurate records of necessary federal, state, and local reports as required by the applicable laws, franchise SOPs, and Concord/local SOPs.
-Deviations of hotel policies, procedures, legal requirements, and contractual obligations, which come to attention, are reported to the General Manager.
-Responsible for generating annual department budget and monitors period profit and loss statement.
-Interviews and hires new personnel as needed.
-Evaluates staff performance on a forty-five day, ninety-day, 6 month, and annual basis.
-Conducts self to reflect the high standards of professionalism within the Concord Hospitality organization.
-Learns, understands, and refers to the Standard Operating Procedures.
-Knows department fire prevention and emergency procedures.
-Follows safety and security procedures and rules.
-Assist other Leadership Team members and/or managers when needed.
-Each associate will be required to follow the rules as found in the Concord Hospitality Associate Handbook.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
Requirements: This is an Area Controller position responsible for the Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel (70%) and the Doubletree Albuquerque Hotel (30%). Previous experience as an Accountant and/or Controller in the hotel industry preferred.