SHERATON SUITES Employee Reviews in United States

Great place, Management company changed - somethings changes as well
Accounts Receivable/Payables (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 13, 2016
Typical day consisted of running reports that would be needed that day Posting of deposits and any checks of wires that may have come in during the evening, Get ready for mailing of any invoices for direct bill clients\
Pros
Great place, co workers super nice and firendly
Cons
Having to work sometimes 7 days a week
A very productive and great start of a hospitality job
VIP & Club Services Leader (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 19, 2015
A fun work enviroment with tons of open doors for chances for you to grow. If your looking for a chance at hospitality but dont have the expirance this is a great start due to the fact that the hotel is not that large but good enough to start and learn alot
Pros
great hotel discounts, $2 meals, great oppurtunities to grow
Cons
high management turnovers
It was a a high school job.
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHMay 31, 2015
Worked 70-80 plus a week. Bad managers Horrible people. Worked there to save up to go to school. Managers would leave early. They didn't care about their people.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Bad management
Good
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2015
Good work environment, leadership and communications between employer and employees. Good lunch meal plan, and paid holidays.
good
Cons
great place to be a part oif
Lead bartender (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 13, 2015
Excellent medical plan, dental, eye care, PTO, vacation time, sick leave, quarterly bonus, awards for employee of the month $100 and luncheon, awards for employee of the year $500 + other perks. Management was just all right, but I learned so much in a term of structure discipline
Pros
free lunches, 30 min mandatory brakes
Cons
managment was always unprofecioonal, underqualified and not interested in helping employees when was needed
the most enjoyable part of the day
Cook (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia,Pa.December 15, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the day was to see the preparation of my plating being served to our guest,working with my co-workers hand to hand in a comfortable environment and to see all food request prepared in a professional timely manner.
Pros
good benfits
Cons
not enough hours
Poor management
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 5, 2014
Management company is dreadful and cheap. Management team at hotel is weak and overworked.
Pros
some of the staff
Cons
mis-managed
Awesome guest! Interesting workplace
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHJune 1, 2014
a typical day at work consists of talking with the previous shift agents and passing on any information relevant to the shift. I learned how to use their property management system and thats about it. Coming from a management position to the hotel I was caught off guard but the management team. Upon interviewing it was made clear that my degree would be a great benefit to the property. When I asked about opportunities to advanced they told me I could cross train and thats it. The coworkers can be two faced and are not very sincere with each other making it a hostile environment sometimes. None of the agents are really held accountable for their actions. The hardest part of the job is to have to attempt to communicate to other coworkers. Some are so set in their ways that they don't care about fresh perspective or other approaches to things. I find our regular guests the most enjoyable part of the jobs. seeing them on a weekly basis and building that relationship with them is priceless.
Pros
the experience
Cons
not always feeling like part of the team
Positive People Great work place
Food Prep, Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 23, 2014
I enjoyed going to work at the Sheraton Suites. The people were nice and friendly to work with, it was fast paste but I adapted quickly and enjoyed to working experience.
Pros
long lunch breakes
Cons
kitchen was under staffed
Enjoyable
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  ohioApril 2, 2014
This is a great job, just not for me. For what you go through, you dont get paid enough
Pros
free lunch, meeting great people
Cons
the pay, standing for 8 hours in one spot
Productive and a great place to learn
Hotel Engineer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 2, 2014
A great job to start off at after graduating a trade school. Dealing with angry guests and rude housekeeping co workers is horrible but you manage to deal with it. A great place to work but not a great place to have a career at. This is just a job to build up your resume.
Pros
free lunches and dinner
Engineering Technician/ HVAC/R (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 13, 2014
come in, get job tickets and get to work service, changing filters on small 1-1.5 ton water cooled heat pumps.
Na
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHDecember 3, 2013
I learned a lot about the Sheraton Brand and from the previous Management Company, GF.
Bartender
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 2, 2013
Wonderful job. Meet all kinds of people. Mixed and served drinks. Took payment; closed out register at the end of night
Great people, Great environment
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Key West, FLAugust 9, 2013
A wonderful job, everyday is different as the guests are always changing. A lot at time it is stressful it is always enjoyable. The management is well defined and we always know what is expected of us, as employees. There are always interesting people to meet at a hotel. It is a rewarding experience to be a part of things like weddings, family vacations, and fun get-a-ways. We are able to make their vacation everything they could dream of.
Pros
lunch, benefits, and connections
Cons
short breaks, hours
Learning about travel
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2013
Check ins/out
Accounting work
Good Staff
Dealing with issues you can prevent
Travel
Pros
travel deals
Cons
old product
Environment where your constantly on your feet
Hotel Concierge/Bellman (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 21, 2013
Typical day would be me clocking in and grab my uniform jacket with my name tag. I would have to stand out in the front lobby and out the front doors to welcome and escort the incoming guest to the service desk as well as offer help with the guest luggage and directing them to the self-park garage. After the guest have been checked in i would see them up to there room while doing so it was my job to inform them of the hotel emergency procedures and key card usage's. Upon entering the guest suite i would have to see to it that they are familiarized with the many services offered during their hotel stay the surrounding sights, attractions, and locations. It was also my duty to manage guest travels whether it be cab or limousine and see to it they rides arrived at a reasonable time. From time to time i helped out with the checking in of guest, hotel maintenance, housekeeping, taking calls, as well as room service. The management of the hotel was good until the first manager there had quite after the replacing managers where greedy didn't pay much mine to the employees needs and were just mean rarely we had a good manager. Tho co-workers typically had there own circles front desk, the kitchen, house keeping and so on. I got along well with most of them since i was always helping out but if i had not been so helpful i could only wonder how friendly they would have been. The hardest part of the job was being timely about tending to each guest so that there wasn't a line of people waiting to be seen to there room. I most enjoyed the slow nights where i would treat my co-workers to  more... a late night pizza from Papa Johns in the break room. I did learn basic customer service and how to wait and tend to guest without anger or fustration  less
Pros
during hotel events any left over snacks were free for the taking
Cons
short breaks, needed to do things in departments that isn't in your job description
Fun place to work
Room Service Attendant/Server (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHMay 13, 2013
Take orders over phone
Provide excellent customer service
Keep restuarant clean
Deliver food to customers

The managment was strict. The hardest part of the job was to deliver food on time during peak hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly co-workers.
Must love people
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, Mo.April 29, 2013
There are no typical days in the hotel industry. Each day came wtih new challenges.
Pros
excellent room discounts
Cons
poor workplace morale
Typical
BANQUET CHEF / LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHApril 4, 2013
Hotel cooking at it best at the time. Always entertaing and something to do

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SHERATON SUITES. Our community is ready to answer.