Sheraton Employee Reviews

Found 1,431 reviews matching the search
Great company to work for.
Bellman/Front Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 26, 2017
I appreciate the company's way of doing things. I've felt overworked or mishandled at other companies, but Sheraton makes sure its employees are happy. I've enjoyed and learned a lot in my time working in the hotel industry, especially about hospitality and customer service.
good maintenace position
HVAC Mechanic (Former Employee) –  stamford CTJune 25, 2017
working in the pipe trades is a great job for a man or woman who is willing to get there hands dirty ,,one who like learning about building systems ,,one who wants to learn how to weld ,,put pipes together ,,fuel systems , etc.....
A Job
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 22, 2017
General Manager has his favorite employees. If you are not one of them you feel really uncomfortable as the room gets quiet when you walk in. Low employee moral as half of the housekeeping staff learned how to take advantage of workman's compensation.
Pros
big lunch room
Cons
time clock use
wonderful company culture
Catering Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 21, 2017
they take time to ask their employees for feedback, and make changes when needed. They also have a lot of appreciation days for their employees, and upper management takes the time to get to know everyone at the hotel. Great atmosphere
fun place to work
Reservations Supervisor/Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 21, 2017
great teamwork
great training programs
very long hours
management worked well together
exciting was to be able to work for many of the hotels inside the franchised group
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Really nice place to work
Banquet Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 21, 2017
The Sheraton thought me a lot in how to grow in life. I started from the lowest position to open a property for them in Worcester Ma Hilton Garden Inn. I work as a set-up guy to a server all the way to become the Banquet Manager. I have train staff from my set- up guys /supervisor/ managers. I work there for 10yrs plus but only left trying to find some where I could grow.
Pros
employees bonus, employees xmas partys
Tiene buen ambiente de trabajo
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 20, 2017
Tiene buenos beneficios para los trabajadores y el ambiente laboral es bueno.
extra income
PBX Operator/ Dispatch (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2017
I work part time. look for some extra income working ok for now but look to working one job. not enough money to support my family. over all nice company
Review Summary
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 19, 2017
The work I do is something I have always enjoyed to do in my life, because I am able to preform a job that gives hotel guest's a good experience, with a clean and comfortable room. That is the best part of the job, to know I did a good job by seeing if a guest enjoyed their experience.
Pros
50% discount for hotel's restaurant, Marriott hotel room discounts at other properties
Cons
No insurance, no yearly performance reviews
It was a job.
Server (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 17, 2017
I definitely didn't see myself staying here as long as I did but I needed a job. It was a lot of work for not a lot of money. Cross training was a must if you worked in the morning. With no bartending experience I was expected to learn the bar from 10-4 till someone came in. Overall I was not very satisfied with the job but it paid the bills.
Needs improvement but has potential
Sales & Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 16, 2017
There has been alot of upheaval with previous management that let the staff run the hotel and become lax thus a huge turnover recently. It has potential
Pros
free lunch
Cons
slow to promote
nice place to work
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 16, 2017
I worked at this place for over 25 yrs and is a very nice place to be in Hawaii. I enjoyed being there with all my colleagues together over 10-20 yrs.
I was the only Chinese person to received (front office of the year)competing with 500 people at 2009
Pros
free lunch and breakfast/discount in rooms every where
Cons
nothing in cons
good atmosphere
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 16, 2017
I enjoyed going to work I became family with my co workers we did our job and enjoyed it. I had very good bosses that I would love to work with again. I did my job very well.
A quick review.
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHJune 14, 2017
This is a job that requires attention and motivation. If you work you will get a paycheck and continue forward to the next day. People work together to make the job function.
decent place
Assistant Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Petaluma, CAJune 14, 2017
this is a decent place to work that is it. management is okay. hr is horrible. pay is below average for what you expect. they do try to be considerate and helpful to their employees.
Not happy
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 14, 2017
Manger was horrible & also rude. Was very uncomfortable. They work u too hard for the pay that they was offering & the manger wasn't cooperative at all even tho he go fired after i quit.
Pros
Cons
Horrible
Long term Goals of the Marrriot-Sheraton merger
Shuttle Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 13, 2017
Good Company going thru a transition period as they(Sheraton) become acclimated to the Marriott culture & terminology but wonder IF they'll keep shuttle bus drivers as Employees since many of the Guests/Customers who have dealt exclusively with the Marriott culture feel We (shuttle bus drivers) are Contract or Outside Employees!!
Pros
Full Medical/Dental/ Vision benifits
Cons
Having Supervisors who Aren't/ Haven't been Shuttle Bus Drives
Sheraton Atlanta Airport
Director Human Resources (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAJune 12, 2017
Great place to work despite the hotel closing for airport expansion. The hotel is franchised out of New Orleans, LA. They tend to care about the associates. The GM and the Executive team have done a great job in assisting employees to find other employment opportunities.

Free parking, complimentary lunch with great salad bar. Co-workers are extremely friendly and helpful.
Pros
Free Parking and Employee meals
Cons
Healthcare cost expensive
Job was fun people don't get along
Houseman/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 10, 2017
I think it could have been better. If people was treated better .it was a very very stressful job and sometimes they rush tmtiy to complete one task when you are helping a guess
Pros
Good food
Cons
People
comepletely understaffed
cook (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 9, 2017
I really learned a lot working here but that was about the only reward. the hours were ridiculously long simply because the kitchen stayed understaffed and management did not care for it's employees.
Pros
excellent learning experience
Cons
ridiculously long hours. ex. 5:00am to 11:00 pm

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sheraton. Our community is ready to answer.