Sheraton Employee Reviews in United States

Sheraton
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 21, 2016
Routine work day
Expectations moderately clear
Welcoming environment that allows easy adaption
Love being a valuable member and allowed opportunity in position of interest
Pros
Lunch room on sight
Cons
Love working with company
I thoroughly enjoy my job
Sales Reporting Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KansasJune 20, 2016
Sheraton Overland Park has been a great place to work for the past 11 years. I have been provided a great deal of training I can use in other industries.
Pros
Free lunches, good benefits, excellant management
On-call position as a busser
Busser (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 14, 2016
The Sheraton Hotel was an average company to work for. Their was no management only captains. My work begins by calling to see if I can work for a function and if I get a call back, I show up with provided uniform and prepare water and coffee and bus the dishes from tables. After the shift, team cleans up linen and dirty dishes from tables. My co-workers were team player and friendly which made it the most enjoyable part of the job. Calling in to work was the most challenging part of the job because there was not enough hours.
Pros
free meals
Cons
no hours
Great work environment
Club Lounge (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 12, 2016
this was a great work environment, amazing people to work with, but it didn't work with my school schedule which is a very important thing.
Must have tough skin
Barista and Server (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 12, 2016
I worked at the Sheraton Hotel for quite a while. I built many relationships with employees and customers alike, even earning myself a few "regulars!" The job itself was fun and I loved being the person everybody looked forward to seeing in the morning! I love a cheerful environment where I can be cheerful and silly back, while still maintaining a professional manner. I can basically make drinks with my eyes closed so even with an overwhelming amount of business I can't recall having a hard day. This job brought in the money I needed along with the satisfaction that I've made one's day better, and that is definitely hard to beat. The hospitality business has high turnover rates; I went through 8 GM's in my two years there, along with countless managers, supervisors, and HR directors. There were multiple times the Food and Beverage department had no manager or supervisor at all. Many times my coworkers and I had to pull together and make decisions on what was best for the department because we had no other guidance, and if that is not building good communication and teamwork I do not know what is! As positive as the job was is about as negative as the management was my last 6 months there. I am a firm believer in positive reinforcement, It wasn't common to hear "good job" or "keep up the good work" even when I was personally named on Tripadvisor for providing such excellent customer service. I thought managers were to praise good things while constructively fixing bad. My expectations however were not reached. From my observations, the current managers like to make you feel like  more... you are skating on very thin ice, I guess to keep you on your toes and prevent you from getting comfortable. This job is great as long as you do not expect to hear anything positive from your manager or GM. Not a good place to work if you cannot handle harsh criticism from your boss and "leaders." Not a good place to work if you expect constructive criticism; Poor job security as well.  less
Pros
Guests!
Cons
No short break, no lunchbreak, poor job security, MANAGERS!!!!
there no review
Cook (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 11, 2016
I do not have nothing to say about this job because they do not pay well at all so I am looking for a better job that all I have to said about that okay
fun, hot, cold but most fun
Banquet Houseman (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 10, 2016
get to meet a lot of people, how to make sure the streets is clean, and the hardest part about this job is working in the snow that's the hardest part,
Nice place to work
RESERVASTION (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 3, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the guest and helping them with anything they needed. And meeting new people from different parts of the world.
great experience
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 1, 2016
property was recently updated, was having some budgetary issues but with new management in place it was turned around. Good working environment, good support, corporate was very involved with restructure plan which was nice
Pros
staff
Cons
location
Re[utable company
LAUNDRY ATTENDENT/HOUSE PERSON (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 31, 2016
Really liked working here but then management was changed and the work enviroment changed with it not very knowledgeable managers at this location
Great exposure to start working with a chain like Sheraton
Agent/Night (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 27, 2016
Learned about different operating systems, interacting with guest. Anticipating guest needs and fulfilling them. Performing daily routing like smooth check in and check outs.
Pros
Free Lunch and Dinner while on duty
Cons
Union Medical Benefits and Discount Travel accomodations.
It was a fun place to work We were a team family
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida- Banquet Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 27, 2016
I enjoy working with the company for soul many year, The sad part is the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport Is closing after so many years.
Enjoyable people to work with.
Food and Beverage Director (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 19, 2016
One of the only things that keep me going to work was my co workers.
I sure will miss them. I also enjoyed meeting different people from around the world.
Pros
Had fun at work, yes its possible.
Cons
Owners that did not or could not invest in proper equipment.
Current
HVAC, Plumbing, electrical, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 19, 2016
Like daily work. Learn things for PM work in this environment. Some management problems. Like coworkers .Really no hard part for me. like doing rooms, facility maintenance.
Corporate and Property management changes routine.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Rumers, critisizem
Productive and fun place to work.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 18, 2016
This place had so many opportunities to work in, and meet people. You must have had the ability to talk to people and maneuver in an environment to provide the service they needed. Also you were to be expected to be prepared to come out of your comfort zone.
I was challenged in this fast paced environment.
Deli Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 16, 2016
I was a working supervisor who preformed my job, set standards and ensuring customer satisfaction. I was encouraged to think outside the box and the only limitations were the ones I set.
have no review
Laundry Specialist/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMay 16, 2016
its a horrible place to work at period. bosses do not treat their employers good at all. I worked there for six years never had a problem there in my whole time I been there for six years and all of sudden this year in 2016 they came up with a lie to get me fired. I was heartbroken, angry, and hurt. I put all my time and energy into this place and into the customers and bosses there and they end up firing me like that. I looked at it like this after I got done crying that God has something better for me in life.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks, talk to you any type of way
Fun work environment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15219May 8, 2016
I check guests in and out. I handle the cash and credit cards. I also answer the phones and handle guest complaints. We also worked with a lot of brides-to-be come summer time. My coworkers were just amazing people and so fun to be around. The hardest part of the job was when the government stayed with us. The most enjoyable part was definitely the wedding season.
Pros
Free lunches and excellent pay
Cons
Midshifts
Job itself was nice aand rewarding
Houseman (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 7, 2016
I loved the job because it allowed me time to meet the clients staying at the hotels. Also the days to work are very flexible.
Pros
can arrive later due to emergencies
Cons
the pay was below industry standards
Great company with good opportunities for advancement
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 6, 2016
Worked in the banquet kitchen. Prepared food for
100-1000 guests per day. Able to learn alot about
food, preparation, cooking methods, holding methods and plate presentation. The hardest part is having to manage multiple functions all at once.
The most enjoyable is the satisfaction you get
from guests about the food and service
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Long Weekends