Sheraton Employee Reviews

While working at the Sheraton Suites I grow more then I even had expected.
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 25, 2017
In the years I spent in the Sheraton Suites were some of growth and learning. I went from a front desk agent to start to housekeeping supervisor towards the end. While working as a housekeeping supervisor I would make sure that all the housekeepers has equal rooms to clean and offer if anyone wanted to clean any extra rooms if any, make sure that all staff members had fully stocked carts to at least start their day, give all the housemen their list of floors and what they have to do if there is anything extra that needs to be done, attend the morning managers/supervisors meetings and any other meets that require a department head to attend, make sure that the room inspector list is current and accurate before the end of their shift, inspect room each day to make sure that they housekeepers are up to standards, check to see if all the check out are completely check out to inform the front desk supervisor/manager, input all the rooms in as the housekeepers turn in their boards so that the rooms would come up available or unavailable to the front desk, answer any and all e-mails, and run all reports that need to be ran before I depart for the day.
Pros
While working at the hotel my department head became my business mentor.
Cons
Was always being called even though there was a second supervisor.
It was a great place to work
Reservation Manager/Revenue Manager (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALFebruary 23, 2017
The General Manager that we had he was great to work for, he cared about our needs and kept us well trained with any and all changed the occurred with in the hotel industry.
Pros
We were close in management
Cons
sometimes long hours
Meet new people everyday, answer phones and check people in
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIFebruary 21, 2017
For Four Points by Sheraton (Not The Sheraton
Typical day at work could be anywhere from relaxing to stressful depending on how busy it is when you get there. There were a lot of times we would sell out. So there would be 60 people almost at one time lined up for check in due to cancelled flights. Which can be very stressful because they walk in angry. You check guests in upon arrival and give them rooms to fit their needs. Make sure everything is met before giving room key. Management was good until a new manager took over. You don't have the necessities that you need to do your job at the time you're supposed to do it. Example: We have two people working at two computers for a fast check in. We only had one working card reader for credit cards, one functional key maker for hotel room doors, and one actual computer that worked to the T. But about 2 times a work day it would Freeze up. So even though there are two computers guests had to wait for a very slow computer to restart as the other was ancient and didn't do nearly half the things the useful computer did. It became very stressful at times. But it was nice meeting new people from around the world and getting 50% off market items. Restaurant items you only have a selection of 5 things for employee discounts off the large menu.
Pros
Half off store items, meeting new people from around the world
Cons
some days there would be no breaks, management doesnt listen to complaints upon other managers
Good manager in Candi Gaines
Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 21, 2017
A day at work was accepting arrivals and handling departures, solving customer complaints, taking on other duties the managers needed. I learned how to work with computer systems to handle reservations, charging rooms, refunds and credit card deposits. I handled the night audit so I handled all monies for the company on a nightly basis. Culture was decent. The hardest part was handling insults from angry customers, such as "I hope you die in a car crash tonight-I wanted a room with two beds, not one."
I enjoyed working with customers and team members.
Pros
Discounts on meals
Cons
some time there were no breaks from being so busy
Always changing
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOFebruary 21, 2017
Good job with good people. High volume place. No real benefits unless full time. But all employees do get discounts at other Sheraton hotels. Also, good management
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Run
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 20, 2017
This hotel is old and run down, guests constantly complain to you about everything. Management is fake and will screw you over in a heartbeat. don't waste your time.
Pros
free meal
Cons
the job, the hotel
Crazy
Dietary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 16, 2017
It was a job. A typical day at work was some time good and some time bad. What l learn was to do everything it takes to do in the kitchen. Management was OK.
Family Environment
Sales/ Professional (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 10, 2017
Be prepared to study, and to meet GREAT people! the work life is a lifestyle, this is a career. life will be surrounded with motivational exerts, and mental stimulations, witch leads to rewards.
Pros
Family
Cons
you if this isnt ment for you!
Christmas parties, department pot lucks
Reservation agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2017
Book reservations for people interested in staying at property. I have learned how to work with Geac and Light Speed. The hardest part was creating group blocks. the enjoyable part was working with my co-workers it felt like a family. Management was fair.
Pros
Employee rewards, annual raises and healthcare
Cons
Paying for parking
Productive place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brazil, INFebruary 7, 2017
Nice place to work, great denefits, working hours flexible.
Solid company and structure. We can learn a lot about hospitality.
Pros
Great
Cons
a very productive place to work.
JUNIOR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  addis ababaFebruary 7, 2017
The company has a motivating environment and very friendly staff to work with.
the management was respecrful,caring, encourging and helpful to make anyone productive and efficient.
Laid back work place
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNFebruary 7, 2017
I would complete preventive maintenance in vacant rooms to prevent future problems. Fix problems in guest rooms on call they the guest needed a problem fixed. Balance chemicals in pool, and clean pool area.
Pros
Great engineering staff
Cons
Hotel was huge
Great work environment
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 6, 2017
Great team of employees and pleasant work environment. Employees work as a team to provide exceptional guest experiences.
Best place i ever worked
EXECUTIVE CHEF (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 3, 2017
I have never had a better job. there was so much balance and creativity. i miss it alot. the view and the staff were amazing and they treated me right.
Pros
everything
Cons
2008 recession
Good opportunity
Receptionist/ Front Office (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 2, 2017
This a good opportunity if you enjoy working with people and making a difference. Meals and uniforms are provided which is a plus and the hours are flexible; also a factor to consider when making a decision about being on the Sheraton team.

I enjoyed my experience there and received great feedback about my job performance as well as commendations from staff and guests.
good workers
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 30, 2017
this was more a jump start cant really write a review they have good housekeepers that how i started and they are very welcoming
Productive fun place to work
Guest Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 27, 2017
This is a very productive fun place to work. Everybody gets along well with one another we work together as a team. There is also room for advancement with in the company.
productive place to work
Executive Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  KoreaaJanuary 26, 2017
I was pre-opening executive sous chef and had a lot of funs doing opening 7 restaurants with 7 sous chefs who were very much helpful to set up high standard. working hours are flexible with executive chef and sous chefs
n/a
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 25, 2017
terrible place to work. false promises. Adjust maintenance issues and perfect any building obstructions that may appear. Use of general tools and some landscaping equipment is essential within daily obligations. Testing of PH - acid levels is also a requirement for proper pool regulations and safety. Following guideline and procedure is the basic work ethic of a maintenance career with the Sheraton Hotel.
restaurant had inconsistent business
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 20, 2017
I worked as a server/bartender and the business was pretty inconsistent I know they were in the process of revamping their menu right before I left and remodeling so it might be better
Pros
discounted food
Cons
inconsistent business

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sheraton. Our community is ready to answer.