Sheraton Employee Reviews in United States

Fun with food in the kitchen
Restaurant Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 3, 2016
As a Server my main responsibility was to provide great quality customer service. My daily duties included to greet customers and communicate with staff to ensure all orders were taken and delivered efficiently in a timely manner. I exercised professional verbal communication skills incorporating personal creativity in a resourceful manner. I challenged myself by adapting to extreme high heat temperatures in the kitchen.
Pros
fun and creative working environment
Cons
extreme temperatures in the kitchen
very short time intern
Intern, Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  C30January 27, 2016
large and great hotel, fantastic decoration
culture/pay/advancement are all subject to specific property
each property might have different standard, world wide.
Sheraton Hotel
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 1, 2015
I love my job and the people I work with every day.
The location is beautiful and my supervisors are very nice.
My coworkers are very friendly and helpful
Pros
Location, and supervisors
Cons
salary
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYJanuary 11, 2015
A day at work consisted of a morning meeting to coordinate the daily allocations of assignments to each employee and to have a morning greet and time to express suggestions for more comforts in the workplace. I assisted my staff in all of their duties when requested. I learned to respect my employees and accept each one as who they are and how to better get along with each one. Management was very supportive of my role as supervisor and encouraged to always be the best. My co-workers were all very kind and friendly as I were to them. The hardest part of my job was to set strict protocol across the board and have to suspend or terminate an employee due to higher managements decisions. The most enjoyable part of my job was to earn the respect and admiration of all the staff as well as our guests for a job well done.
Pros
no pressure, enjoyable atmosphere, benefits
Cons
the forced responsibilities of non productive management
Great Co Workers.
Bellman/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 26, 2015
Co workers were very involved and very hands on caring about the customer and their needs. Staff was very friendly and we all had a good work relationship. Customers always came first and were always taken care of. Management was always involved if need be and were very accommodating for guests and customers. Training wasn't very thorough but was not needed for every new employee. Low wages for staff members, but quality of work never lacked.
Pros
Great employees, good management.
Cons
Wouldn't work around your availability, low wages.
Great benefits and good pay
club lounge attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 15, 2016
working here as a freshman in college was a little rewarding and time consuming, my pay checks were very rewarding, as a college student not many of us are blessed with good paying jobs. on the other side the hours were exhausting but the money was worth it.
Not the best place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 18, 2016
The time I was working there this hotel needed to be renovated. This was the worse of the worse hotel I ever worked at. I hope they fired those people who work at the Restaurant, they are evil.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Disaster hotel
Interesting place to work, exposure to different cultures. Sometimes co-workers had difficulties getting along
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  richmond, vaOctober 24, 2015
The job had its moments of fun and times of difficulties. My only complaint is that the wages weren't commensurate with your duties.
Pros
employee functions, discounted food
Cons
Real cool place to work got to meet a lot of celebrities
banquet waiter/ bartender (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 10, 2014
A day at the Sheraton sign in get your b.e.o that's to let u know where u will be working an what u will be doing for the day or night. The reason why I worked there for so long was because of the culture of the hotel very laidback, cool no one really bothered u to much as for as management long as u were doing your job, an my co-workers were the best we helped eachother out to make everything easy for everyone .I learned a lot working at the sheraton I can work in banquets, the restaurant, an room service because I have done them all by working there so long when they needed help.
Pros
free lunch, benefits, the discounts of rooms
Cons
had to wear a uniform, short breaks sometimes none at all
Excellent Company
Catering Coordinator/Concierge (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 14, 2016
Booked Wedding events, scheduled Banquet Event order, handled all the customers inquiries, helped set up events and arrangement of all furniture and flowers needed for the event. My concierge responsibilities were to book local events for the VIP customers, have the VIP Lounge clean and refilled with complimentary drinks and appetizers and deal with customers questions and complaints.
Sheraton Music City
EXECUTIVE CHEF (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 4, 2016
THe Sheraton Music City is operated by HEI hotels. THey are very budget driven. Which is a great learning experience. They train and help everyone understand P&Ls
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Work life balance isnt good
Great Customer Service/5 Star Service
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJanuary 27, 2016
Staff was very appreciated in all aspects of the Sheraton. Compensated for going over and above for the Sheraton. Worked 40 hours a week for good management.
Pros
everything
National Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 19, 2016
I worked at the Sheraton Atlanta for 7 years, for the majority of the time, it was a great place to be - fun group of people, decent bonus structure, competitive salaries, all the perks of being a major convention hotel in downtown Atlanta. Not so supportive when economies and markets change, however,
Pros
Competitive salaries and fun group of co-workers
Cons
Hotel was tired and in need of renovations
Relaxed and comfortable environment
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 23, 2015
I really enjoy working at the Four Points by Sheraton, where I am able to meet and work with different people, from all over the world.
Pros
Meeting new guests every day.
Cons
No job advancement opportunities.
Overall a great place to work
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 1, 2015
Working for the Sheraton Dallas isn't for the faint at work. One must be truly dedicated to providing quality service even when tried and tested.

Work days can be long and grueling.

Management is all about self growth.

Most enjoyable part about the job is being able to interact with people from all walks of life from all different parts of the world.
Pros
free lunch. excellent benefits and perks.
Cons
long greuling days.
Its needs major improvement
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LA / French QuartersFebruary 22, 2016
A typical day at work is making my rounds checking all the equipment & guest service...............

I have learned troubleshooting the Plant equipment.....

I really enjoyed working with my co workers....

The hardest part of the job was maintain heat in the building...

The most enjoyable part of my joy is making the guests happy & satisfied.......
Pros
Learning new things about the job
Cons
Fairness
Great property
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 1, 2016
Extremely busy property with a tremendous location within the city of Boston. The employees have long tenure and a great deal of pride in the work they perform. There is a true partnership between the mid level managers and the associates. The hardest part is there is never a quiet period. So if you enjoy to be busy this is the place to be.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Older building
productive
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2015
A typical day at work is like a walk in the park. I just love the idea of having the area that you would call home for a couple days to really feel like home and for it to feel comfortable it all depends on me. Management and co-workers were wonderful and a fun crew to be apart of it. We all believed in team work. I found nothing to be hard about this job but I did find it to be very enjoyable because at the end of the day it all depends on me to put a smile on my customers face.
Pros
free lunches
benefits
Housekeeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIOctober 8, 2015
Working for the Four Points by Sheraton was an interesting experience to say the least. I cleaned rooms and corridors and cross trained when I could. Other colleagues did not take passion in their work and would work poorly without following rules, guidelines, and regulations. I worked to my limit of hours when others would call in or no-show for a shift. The hardest part of this job was keeping up with the manual labor without being supplied the proper material to maintain a healthy days work, such as knee pads, face masks, full sized brooms (handles would break and not get replaced), we even ran out of gloves, OFTEN.
Pros
I like to clean, monthly meetings, recognition for my hard work.
Cons
short, if any breaks, poorly managed housekeeping team, sub-standard work material, lack of rules and lack discipline when the rules were broken.
Productive, fast pace
Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLApril 18, 2016
The staff was great. Teamwork and responsibilities were shared. Great benefits, flexible scheduling. Work was consistent and procedures steady. Management was always helpful and attentive. The most enjoyable part was meeting guests and making sure they were accommodated.
Pros
teamwork, lunch
Cons
computer issues