Sheraton

Sheraton Employer Reviews

Excellent Work Enviroment with Great Employees
Director of Engineering (Facilities Manager) (Former Employee), Mars, PAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: free lunches, great people
Spent 16 years working for the Four Points Pittsburgh North, although not always easy, I always looked forward to going to work.
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee), Tarrytown, NYJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: no pressure, enjoyable atmosphere, benefits
Cons: the forced responsibilities of non productive management
A day at work consisted of a morning meeting to coordinate the daily allocations of assignments to each employee and to have a morning greet and time to express suggestions for more comforts in the workplace. I assisted my staff in all of their duties when requested. I learned to respect my employees and accept each one as who they are and how to better get along with each one. Management was very supportive of my role as supervisor and encouraged to always be the best. My co-workers were all very kind and friendly as I were to them. The hardest part of my job was to set strict protocol across the board and have to suspend or terminate an employee due to higher managements decisions. The most enjoyable part of my job was to earn the respect and admiration of all the staff as well as our guests for a job well done.
Logistix at its best
Jr. building engineer (Former Employee), atlanta, gaDecember 27, 2014
I cant say enough about this place everyone is great and hard workers. They are committed to customers. I wouldn't change nothing about them.
life at Sheraton
Laundry and Housekeeping (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches and good events
Cons: short breaks
The job i had wasn't hard and the employees for cool well most of them. I like Sheraton because they show love to their employees they just don't say it they mean it.
Hotels
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), sheratonDecember 23, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: bad management
Great hotel brand, privatly owned, owners changed and made it difficult for progression and hours with staff.
managers under alot of stress
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCDecember 22, 2014
lack of staff no housekeeping small hotel budget cut front desk had to do room checks.
Individually owned hotel and catering facility
F/B Department (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PADecember 19, 2014
Company has changed to a new hotel name.
Nice banquet facility offering many option for the customer
Varey Bad managment.
Bell Attendant (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CADecember 17, 2014
Pros: free rooms.
Cons: short brake's no healtcare.
It was harable not varey good management over task for the job at hand.
Good Benefits
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 15, 2014
Pros: discounted nights at starwood hotels
Cons: horiible pay
The company provides good benefits for the employees, discounted rates but also great health insurance.
As for pay it is horrible, this is a timeshare property so it has to do with that but if you work for a hotel the pay is significantly higher.
nice comfortable
Banquet Setup Associate (Former Employee), Meriden,CTDecember 12, 2014
I love working at the Four Point Sheraton.Meeting new people and having fun with my co-workers. Learning new things and how a hotel works
Real cool place to work got to meet a lot of celebrities
banquet waiter/ bartender (Former Employee), New Orleans, LADecember 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch, benefits, the discounts of rooms
Cons: had to wear a uniform, short breaks sometimes none at all
A day at the Sheraton sign in get your b.e.o that's to let u know where u will be working an what u will be doing for the day or night. The reason why I worked there for so long was because of the culture of the hotel very laidback, cool no one really bothered u to much as for as management long as u were doing your job, an my co-workers were the best we helped eachother out to make everything easy for everyone .I learned a lot working at the sheraton I can work in banquets, the restaurant, an room service because I have done them all by working there so long when they needed help.
Great Learning Experience
Banquet Houseman (Former Employee), Towson, MDDecember 10, 2014
Pros: free food and rooms
Cons: didnt know when i would be getting off
I set up floor plans for Weddings, Proms, Meetings, Parties of all sort. Which includes rearranging of furniture to best fit the needs for the event planned for the day.
Solid hotel chain
Hotel Ambassador/Club Lounge Concierge/IT Dept (Current Employee), San Diego, CADecember 3, 2014
Pros: fun and friendly co-workers.
Cons: not the highest of pay though compared to other hotels in the area
Each property is different and can change a lot based off of weather a hotel is managed by a 3rd party company or not. StarWood is a very good company to work for. Typical benefits. Loyal customer base.

Fun and friendly co-workers, but not the highest of pay though compared to other hotels in the area
Older property with many challenges
Guest Services Manager and Bellcaptain (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 1, 2014
Pros: energetic and fun staff
A recently remodeled property, this property has its charms and its challenges. A diverse clientele stay at this property, from airline crews on layovers, visiting tour groups and sports teams, and a large amount of repeat business travelers with Starwood loyalties stayed here. The shuttle service to and from Salt Lake International Airport was a large selling point of the hotel.
great working environment and growth opportunities
Service Promise Agent (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2014
Pros: great working environment and coworkers
Cons: had to pay for parking daily
I would come in to the Service Promise department. Say hello to all my co workers and ask if they needed any assistance before I started taking phone calls. This position was all about customer service and making sure the guests at the Sheraton was satisfied and happy. If for any reason the guest was not satisfied, we would compensate the guest with a free continental breakfast or more. Management made you feel like family and always willing to accommodate employees and guests.
The sheraton is good and confortable place to work
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Miami, FLNovember 22, 2014
Pros: freen luch
Cons: half hour of lunch break
Keep the guest' rooms organized and cleaned meeting a required deep cleaning of the company.
Fast Paced
Rooms Division Director/Revenue Manager (Former Employee), Virginia BeachNovember 13, 2014
Sheraton provided the tools to become an effective Hotelier.
Great hotel, great management, good job.
Convention set-up crew (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VANovember 12, 2014
Pros: great management, great co-workers, little supervision for tasks.
Cons: hours depend on business.
Lifting and setting up rooms. Individual work mostly and helping out co-workers. I've learned several skill-sets and ways to set up conventions, u-shape, ballroom, classroom, weddings, theater.
Great management, friendly and humble. Great co-workers, well experienced and knowledgeable. Some temp. workers not so much. Hardest part of the job is breaking down dishes from 300-500 person banquets. Most enjoyable part of the job for me is the satisfaction of doing a great job by myself and being appreciated for it.
Great Workplace
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CANovember 5, 2014
Pros: free food, free parking, training, insurance
Cons: rate of pay
This was a great property. It was very laid back with great staff. The most stress was a group checking in. I moved to Bakersfield, CA because of hurricane Katrina and realized we would be here for a while. I was welcomed with opened arms. My general manager was one of the nicest people I had ever met. The hardest part about this job was, nothing. This was a smaller property, so everyone did everything, not just working the front desk or sales, housekeeping, etc. Because of the location, the biggest events were wedding, which weren't big. We were able to eat from the restaurant everyday. It was just great, great workplace, great people.
Unorganized
Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 3, 2014
I found to work for this company to be overwhelming. The organization was not at all up to most companies standards. The management did not handle issues that offered better service. I felt overworked an unappreciated. I would not recommend this company for employment.

About Sheraton

For more than 70 years Sheraton has enjoyed a history as vibrant and spirited as the travelers we welcome. The world has changed, – Read more