Sheraton

Sheraton Employer Reviews

What I learned as Hotel Resaturant Manager
Hotel Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Lebanon, NHJuly 20, 2014
Pros: the guest and their stories
Cons: my devious gm
I had experience with restaurant management within hotel include more and I learned a great deal. I oversaw the restaurants, handled administrative duties, as well as managing the kitchen and dining service. I learned about the catering aspects and the conference room set-ups for the staff to follow I learned a firm understanding of accounting, budgeting, – more... forecasting, credit policies and banking methods, and completed all paperwork including invoices and human resource duties. Handled all human resource functions in the kitchen and on the restaurant floor. Recruited and trained new employees, as well as monitored their performance. Responsible for buying food and beverages following the hotel's budget. Able to forecast the dining room in accordance with the hotel general manager and operations manager. Handled guest complaints in compliance with company policies. – less
Busy, Under staffed
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDJuly 16, 2014
Pros: events
Cons: not well staffed
It was an experience. Some days better than others. Under staffed
Great places to work
Banquet Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Fairview Heights, ILJuly 15, 2014
long hour, fun place to work, team work was one of the biggest thing that came for working here. Nice money made if your up for the long hours.
A great place to learn from a lot of great people
Restaurant Supervisor (Former Employee), Langhorne, PAJuly 12, 2014
Pros: lunch was cooked for me every day bye a great chef .
Cons: no healthcare
I was able to give my days off i needed in advance always. I learned that not all employes where comfortable with a younger boss too them. That being said every one who was a server veryed in age. I would have still bin there, unfortunately the restaurant supervisor job was a seasonal position, and i wanted a little more stable job.
no games for the housekeepers too play
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 8, 2014
Pros: we had luncheons which allowed us too win prizes if our numbers was picked this happened every month
Cons: yes we had a 30 mins lunch breaks as well as healthcare benefits
A typical day at the sheraton is cleaning for guest and always finding a way too improve standards of the hotel. co-workers were great as well as management. the hardest part of the day is sunday and monday check out time and the rooms are trashed. and the enjoyable part of the day is going home.
New experience
Director of Operations (Former Employee), Meriden, CTJuly 8, 2014
Pros: great people - lifelong friends
Cons: franchise run - no money - small budgets
As a director of operations I oversaw the entire operations of the establishment. Operations included human resources, housekeeping, security, public relations, food service, sales and finances. It was my duty to deal effectively with customers, bosses and staff workers while keeping the hotel running smoothly.
I help stand up meeting every morning – more... with department heads to help manage the hotel and make sure that we had a smooth liaison between all departments and upper management. Weekly meeting to ensure go over all events/groups and special VIP’s coming in the hotel as well as utilize managers ideas and make sure they are on top of their departments. Other duties of my job included: Creating a work schedule, hiring new employees and training staff while maintaining the company’s high standards. Being in close with the sales department to make sure that we always push revenue and sales to the highest and best available while keeping an eye on occupancy and the competition. – less
Learning and Culture experience
F&B Manager (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLJuly 8, 2014
Managing and up keeping the restaurant, ordering liquor and managing 30 employees.
Great place Great people
Bartender / Restaurant Server (Former Employee), Needham, MAJuly 7, 2014
Great place Great people fun place to work looking for advancement
Hard Work
Club Lounge Assistant (Current Employee), Springfield, MAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: management position
Cons: extremity hot
Hands on with the projects as well as the workers. Hot hard day of work that is exciting and new every-time.
Busy hotel in downtown San Diego
Front Office Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 30, 2014
220 room hotel with over 100 in and 100 guests out everyday. The hardest part of the job were the weekends because I was the only Manager on Duty and it was very busy. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my employees learn from their mistakes and grow. Mentoring my supervisors and pushing them to produce their best work was also very rewarding – more... as a manager. – less
Good company
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJune 25, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: not enough hours
I worked here while going to college. The hotel was torn down a number of years ago and a warehouse was put up in its place.
this site was helpful
Bellman/Shuttle Driver (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 25, 2014
Pros: everything is a plus at my job
Cons: i can't getto know each and every individual in meet
I love my job, coworkers, and the most enjoyable part is the interaction between the guess and me.
fun work place
Events Agent (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 23, 2014
flexible hours. Very fun . always catering for partying or meetings.
great pay. long hours, long commute, poor management
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Lahaina, HIJune 12, 2014
Pros: employee christmas parties
Cons: short staffed, had to pay for lunches and parking, poor management
nobody wanted to answer the telephone, management short staffed the front desk, tedious, co workers some were friendly, checked people in & out of hotel, made cash change, programmed keys, printed reports, room moves, foreign exchange.
Fun work environment
Group Reservation Coordinator (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch, benefits, bonuses even to front desk agents
Cons: lunch is ok-but its free so cant complain too much. hours sometimes can be long at the front desk.
Now we have a new general manager that is doing great things for his employees. Awesome managers and staff all around. Fun place to work. We have guests that stay with us every week and are very nice!
Fun Job
Customer Service Specialist / PT (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 9, 2014
Pros: discounts on hotels
Cons: early mornings
Early mornings, knowledge about the city's events. Nice and friendly people. Great management, excellent food.
employer with an unfair pay rate
housekeeper (Former Employee), long island city, new yorkJune 4, 2014
the most enjoyable part of the job was the nice co-workers surrounding us.
productive workplace
Guest Services (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 3, 2014
Pros: learning skills
Cons: heavy lifting
Great experience overall educational to cleanliness, and guest satisfactory.
good and intressting
recreation assistant (Former Employee), Lagos, GUJune 3, 2014
how wonderful it is to meet people from all over the world even the far, far east Asia. it the happiest moment I have in this job.
the more u meet people the more u see their culture and believes.
the hard part is the being unrecognized for the best that u put in.
Good
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSJune 1, 2014
It was a very friendly environment with great people there.

About Sheraton

For more than 70 years Sheraton has enjoyed a history as vibrant and spirited as the travelers we welcome. The world has changed, – Read more