Sheraton

Sheraton Employer Reviews

a happy place for working
receptionist - front desk (Former Employee), Ho Chi MinhApril 4, 2014
From monday to friday
Know the booking process of hotel
Accounting basic in working
Fun place to work
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Iowa City, IAApril 2, 2014
Fun place to work, many great employees but high turnover. During my tenure there it was fun.
I went from a 96 room to a 174 full service hotel. Many experiences with a chance for growth.
Executive Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAApril 2, 2014
Pros: insurance, paid vacations, chance for growth
Cons: large turnover, lack of appreciation, no guaranteed annual performance reviews
Maintained hotel cleanliness and laundry on a daily basis. I worked with the staff in job training, guest relations, and team play. I had to put the guest first but, at the same time, made the employees feel appreciated. I feel that the hardest part of the job was my own growth in being a full service hotel manager. While I was still learning, I had – more... to overcome many obstacles and still put out a good product for both the guests and staff. As I had three different GMs while working here, I had to learn that there is not just "1" way of managing a hotel.
What I liked the most is finding out that I can do what I set my mind to. – less
Various job posistions
Hostess, customer services, bells person (Former Employee), Morehead City, NCApril 2, 2014
Now Closed

I did have a lot of work and hours available to me plus overtime. Yet the work environment was unpleasant and there was a clear line between the service staff such as housekeepers, waiters, hostesses, maintenance, and management. There was a lot of turnover due to the lack of respect from management.
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Night Auditor/Manager on duty (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 25, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: ony 30 min braks
THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK. ANYONE LOOKING TO HAVE FUN AND WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE THIS WILL BE YOUR PLACE
keeps you busy
House Keeper (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 21, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: short breaks, scheduling
very busy days. learn how to clean rooms in a fast pace. management and co workers are great. the hardest part of the job is having to clean 18-21 rooms in 8hrs. the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing celebrities and getting tips.
Quiet, steady
Room Service Attendant/Waitress (Former Employee), Romulus, MIMarch 18, 2014
Pros: working indepently, daily tips, friendly enviroment
Cons: much needed help at times
Working at the airport location was a huge perk. I worked 3pm-11pm I was the only room service attendant/waitress. I worked with 2 chefs, 1-2 bartenders and 1 bus boy. Working with such a small group of people helped me to become a team player. The hotel was sold out almost every night especially in winter. The hotel had a contract with the airlines, – more... so about 50% of the occupancy was pilots and flight attendants. I enjoyed learning about their travels and stories of home and family. I learned a lot about the culinary profession. – less
Sheraton is great place to work
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 18, 2014
The typical day at work is. That we have a standup in morning basic telling use whats going for today. The girls get they boards and head upstairs and start working in they room.
Fun work environment
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IAMarch 15, 2014
Pros: discounted lunch
Cons: better training and management team
Answered phones, make room keys and reservations. Greet guests and welcomed to hotel. Drove Shuttle Bus taking guest to and from Airport or locations within 5 miles of hotel.
Assistant Executive Housekeeping Manager
Assistant Executive Housekeeping (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLMarch 14, 2014
Daily operational housekeeping responsibilities in a 216 room property
Responsible for daily job performance of housekeeping employees (average) among room attendants, houseman, public areas, and laundry staff.
Accountable for training supervisors in opening and night shifts
Excellent on setting next day shift, based on analyzing the forecast showed – more... by the system.
Accountable for training room attendant employees with great skills and qualifications to became housekeeping supervisors
Cooperate with other hotel’s departments (front desk, Maintenance) to provide an excellent member services and a pleasant stay for all the customers.
Provide in a timely manner, requirements from customers with courtesy and respect.
Solve or find the immediately solution to problems or complaint from customers.
Develop special cleaning projects /general inventory / cleaning improvements. – less
Fun workplace, meeting new people
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 14, 2014
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: healthcare
Had to fix problems in hotel rooms. Outside skills and tasks accomplished were enjoyable. The management and employers were nice. I also liked the environment.
Great
Assistant General Manager/Manager on Duty (Former Employee), Durham, NCMarch 13, 2014
Pros: people
Great company with wonderful people to work with. My co-workers are family for live. You can learn so much with this company.
liked fellow employees
Concierge (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 8, 2014
Pros: free or discounted hotel stays at other starwood properties
Cons: low pay, and not guaranteed fourty hours a week
A typical day at work was checking to see how many check ins and check outs we had, Making dinner reservations, giving directions to guests, booking trolley tours, Storing luggage, answering questions about the city and surrounding area, telling people what the hotel had to offer in way of restaurants or health club.
Four Points by Sheraton is okay
Night Audit Agent (Former Employee), Pineville, NCMarch 2, 2014
Four Points is a great opportunity to earn some extra money.
fun, very people friendly enviroment
Doorman/Bellman (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 1, 2014
I love working for the sheraton hotel but management was not envolved enough
perfect
Butcher (Former Employee), Ciudad de México, DIFMarch 1, 2014
turning large pieces of meat into retail-ready portions that can be purchased by consumers and restaurants
fun place to work with people
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Destin, FLFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches every months
Cons: christmas gifts from mgm.
Everybody was nice and helping each other. We had very busy days but always had time for breaks.
Nice job with full benefits and fun co workers.
Waiter/Barista (Current Employee), Stamford, CTFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: free lunches, good benefits, half hour breaks and room for growth.
Cons: depending on the season, there may be less traffic in the hotel.
The Sheraton is an awesome job if you're looking for a simple yet professional work environment. I've been there for a few months and my co workers are absoultely fun to work with. They are inviting and very concerned about your well being. The benefits are a bonus, we are fully covered and recieve tuition reimbursement. I have fun being around different – more... people that stay for the weekend or the night. This has been an exceptional oppurtunity that has broadened my horizons. – less
Very productive and stable environment
Hotel Operator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: discounted roomrates
Cons: short business days
Loving Co-workers, family orientated, Supervisor was best. Guest who are never satisfied make the job most enjoyable. Incoming and in-house calls from guest who are foreign to Texas are the best to recommend for restuarants and entertainment
Productive and fun place to work
Managers Assistant (Former Employee), Peoria, ILFebruary 19, 2014
Be at work by 630, setup breakfast, attend to customers, clean up breakfast, prepare for lunch, attend to room service, and anything the manager needed help with.

About Sheraton

For more than 70 years Sheraton has enjoyed a history as vibrant and spirited as the travelers we welcome. The world has changed, – Read more