Sheraton Employee Reviews

Great training hub for all areas
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 30, 2016
This hotel encompasses a vast variety of skill sets that can be utilized in future employment areas.

You can start at entry level or management roles.
Pros
Great staff!
Cons
Hard to leave and move on to new endeavors.
overall descent temporary job.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 29, 2016
Started as preventative maintenance and worked my way up, working two departments. Enjoyed helping and seeing the returning satisfied customers.
Pros
Fair pay, freindly interaction with customers.
Cons
hours drastically fluctuate, high management turnover.
Great place to work, very energetic and driven by sucess
Banquet Chef (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 28, 2016
Most recent tasks include but not limited to the oversight of the entire banquet operation. Responsible for the training and development of all banquet staff. Oversee the banquet operation that is responsible for catering of 125,000 square feet of banquet space. Responsible for a staff of 35 cooks. Reported directly to Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef.
Inconsistent Environment With No Structured Processes or Support
Assistant Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 27, 2016
SPECIFICALLY on The Koury Convention Center. The Sheraton Hotel Group should remove it's affiliation
Pros
Cons
No Organization Effectiveness in place.
Fun work space
Management training (Former Employee) –  Four Points, Shenzhen ChinaJune 24, 2016
Despite being the only expat working in the front desk they treated me like I was part of the team/family on day 1 of my internship and it helped me feel comfortable adjusting to the new culture.
Pros
Food and Housing provided
Cons
Short breaks
Sheraton Hotels
Guest Service Agent/Bell person (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJune 24, 2016
Sheraton Hotels was a great experience in customer service, hospitaliy is a great place to fine tune your customer service skills
Fun place but couldn't ever get time off
Bartender - Main Bar (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 23, 2016
Another great job but I could never get a weekend off to spend time with family. Also had to work every holiday . The benefits were great but I also wanted to further my career than just bartending.
Sheraton
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 21, 2016
Routine work day
Expectations moderately clear
Welcoming environment that allows easy adaption
Love being a valuable member and allowed opportunity in position of interest
Pros
Lunch room on sight
Cons
Love working with company
I thoroughly enjoy my job
Sales Reporting Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KansasJune 20, 2016
Sheraton Overland Park has been a great place to work for the past 11 years. I have been provided a great deal of training I can use in other industries.
Pros
Free lunches, good benefits, excellant management
productime and fun workplace
Leahi Club Lounge Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waikīkī, HIJune 15, 2016
Customer service, talking with guest and making guests happy. Days are good and relatively fun. Hawaiian history, what it means to work in a major hotel. relatively good co-workers. working weekends. Talking with guests.
On-call position as a busser
Busser (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 14, 2016
The Sheraton Hotel was an average company to work for. Their was no management only captains. My work begins by calling to see if I can work for a function and if I get a call back, I show up with provided uniform and prepare water and coffee and bus the dishes from tables. After the shift, team cleans up linen and dirty dishes from tables. My co-workers were team player and friendly which made it the most enjoyable part of the job. Calling in to work was the most challenging part of the job because there was not enough hours.
Pros
free meals
Cons
no hours
Great work environment
Club Lounge (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 12, 2016
this was a great work environment, amazing people to work with, but it didn't work with my school schedule which is a very important thing.
Must have tough skin
Barista and Server (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 12, 2016
I worked at the Sheraton Hotel for quite a while. I built many relationships with employees and customers alike, even earning myself a few "regulars!" The job itself was fun and I loved being the person everybody looked forward to seeing in the morning! I love a cheerful environment where I can be cheerful and silly back, while still maintaining a professional manner. I can basically make drinks with my eyes closed so even with an overwhelming amount of business I can't recall having a hard day. This job brought in the money I needed along with the satisfaction that I've made one's day better, and that is definitely hard to beat. The hospitality business has high turnover rates; I went through 8 GM's in my two years there, along with countless managers, supervisors, and HR directors. There were multiple times the Food and Beverage department had no manager or supervisor at all. Many times my coworkers and I had to pull together and make decisions on what was best for the department because we had no other guidance, and if that is not building good communication and teamwork I do not know what is! As positive as the job was is about as negative as the management was my last 6 months there. I am a firm believer in positive reinforcement, It wasn't common to hear "good job" or "keep up the good work" even when I was personally named on Tripadvisor for providing such excellent customer service. I thought managers were to praise good things while constructively fixing bad. My expectations however were not reached. From my observations, the current managers like to make you feel like  more... you are skating on very thin ice, I guess to keep you on your toes and prevent you from getting comfortable. This job is great as long as you do not expect to hear anything positive from your manager or GM. Not a good place to work if you cannot handle harsh criticism from your boss and "leaders." Not a good place to work if you expect constructive criticism; Poor job security as well.  less
Pros
Guests!
Cons
No short break, no lunchbreak, poor job security, MANAGERS!!!!
there no review
Cook (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 11, 2016
I do not have nothing to say about this job because they do not pay well at all so I am looking for a better job that all I have to said about that okay
fun, hot, cold but most fun
Banquet Houseman (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 10, 2016
get to meet a lot of people, how to make sure the streets is clean, and the hardest part about this job is working in the snow that's the hardest part,
Nice place to work
RESERVASTION (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 3, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the guest and helping them with anything they needed. And meeting new people from different parts of the world.
great experience
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 1, 2016
property was recently updated, was having some budgetary issues but with new management in place it was turned around. Good working environment, good support, corporate was very involved with restructure plan which was nice
Pros
staff
Cons
location
Re[utable company
LAUNDRY ATTENDENT/HOUSE PERSON (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 31, 2016
Really liked working here but then management was changed and the work enviroment changed with it not very knowledgeable managers at this location
Great exposure to start working with a chain like Sheraton
Agent/Night (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 27, 2016
Learned about different operating systems, interacting with guest. Anticipating guest needs and fulfilling them. Performing daily routing like smooth check in and check outs.
Pros
Free Lunch and Dinner while on duty
Cons
Union Medical Benefits and Discount Travel accomodations.
It was a fun place to work We were a team family
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida- Banquet Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 27, 2016
I enjoy working with the company for soul many year, The sad part is the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport Is closing after so many years.