Sheraton

Sheraton Employee Reviews

Night Audit
Night Audit (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAMarch 10, 2015
Pros: dynamic and never boring
Cons: it was a grave time job with its implications
Running daily reports, collecting guests folios, checking financial accuracy, gathering clients paperwork, checking in and checking out clients, managing the required computer apps, dealing with all the accounting for the audit, solving all kind of clients’ problems.
They help me want my mother was very Illness
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMarch 6, 2015
Pros: Love and goodness.
Cons: None
I just stared working again and would called home . And the Sheraton Hotel help me. I call them and them the I moth be come back and they care.
Great company! Great people!
Front Office Training Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 3, 2015
Pros: many opportunity to excel and move around withing the company
Great hotel that strives to provide great service to guests and training to employees to help them reach the next level. Strongly believes in promoting within.
A good place to work.
Houseman (Former Employee), Mars PAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
I took care of guests and housekeepers. The hardest part of my job was when the front desk would call me and want me to do six to seven things all at the same time. The most enjoyable part of my of was meeting new people.
Overall a great place to work
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 1, 2015
Pros: free lunch. excellent benefits and perks.
Cons: long greuling days.
Working for the Sheraton Dallas isn't for the faint at work. One must be truly dedicated to providing quality service even when tried and tested.

Work days can be long and grueling.

Management is all about self growth.

Most enjoyable part about the job is being able to interact with people from all walks of life from all different parts of the world.
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 21, 2015
This company has has its ups and downs but recently its been all good and I am proud of its improvements. I wish nothing but the best in its future.
Excellent Employer
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee), Florida, USAFebruary 17, 2015
Learned about the cleaning duties, customer service, among other tasks consistent with the maintenance area . good interpersonal communication with other employees.
horrible company
Steward (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 14, 2015
Left this company for poor communication, poor compensation, lack of direction, and the Union was horrible. No chance to move within company.
this was my first job
Dish Washer (Former Employee), Greensburg, PAFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: having my first job
Cons: not knowing if i could do a good job
learning how to do the job using micrometers getting to know their employees meeting new people not knowing what micrometers are
Great place to work!
Food & Beverage Manager (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLFebruary 12, 2015
A typical day at Sheraton is packed with meetings, talking to purveyors, training classes, and paperwork. The day flies by.
Old and tired place, with no real interest in food or dining. Many people that work there are just collecting paycheck.
Breakfast Chef (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: proximity to home, m-f schedule
Cons: low wage, poor health insurance
Typical day starts at 5am and begins with setting up breakfast buffet of 6 hot items, 4 proteins, 2 starches. Also offered hot cereal i.e., oatmeal, grits, or farina from scratch each morning. Also prepare and present fresh seasonal fruit each day. I would normally do 35-40 covers a day, with some a la carte and room service occasionally. After breakfast I would prepare a staff meal hotel employees each day.
what i did during my internship
INTERN (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: a good learning experience
Cons: n/a
while in my last two years of high school spent a few weeks in the food and beverage departments learning to do each department at the end of It I received the general managers award for excellence
Overall average experience with a chance to meet a variety of new people
Valet (Former Employee), BIrmingham, ALFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no benefits
It's an okay job. Does not pay well, but the tip money sometimes compensates. I've learned how to engage people and how to interact with different guests on a whole new level and what goes on behind the scenes in actually running a big hotel
Secure Emlpoyment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Cocoa Beach, FLFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: bonuses, customers, fellow employees
Cons: destructive management, odd hours
The Four Points by Sheraton was a great opportunity to widen my skills as a Front Desk Agent, as the peak seasons were much busier due to Spring Break and an abundance of tourists. However, it was very difficult to move up within the company. The Management was friendly, yet inexperienced in my opinion for how long they had been in said position. The company overall made simple tasks a lot more difficult than they should be. Simplification in my own opinion would have made this company grow immensely.

With that being said, I loved working the front desk at the Four Points as I got to interact with a wide array of customers. The fast paced atmosphere made for a quick and enjoyable day.
Hotel that specified in business meetings and tour groups.
Sales and catering administrative assistant (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAJanuary 29, 2015
This was a 9 to 5 job at the Sheraton hotel. I was the administrative assistant in the sales and catering office. I performed various duties such as filing, faxing, organizing the office, answering phones, and scheduling meetings.
Concern with the comment about thier performance
Supervisor (Former Employee), Birmingham.AlJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: the chance to move around within company
Cons: health care too costly
Its a ok company to work for very detailed with all of the work that they do
Not a good place for employment
Houseman (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Does not recognize employers or reward there efforts. Very low pay. No good benefits
productive
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: benefits
A typical day at work is like a walk in the park. I just love the idea of having the area that you would call home for a couple days to really feel like home and for it to feel comfortable it all depends on me. Management and co-workers were wonderful and a fun crew to be apart of it. We all believed in team work. I found nothing to be hard about this job but I did find it to be very enjoyable because at the end of the day it all depends on me to put a smile on my customers face.
Fast passed work environment
Group Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAJanuary 27, 2015
I have enjoyed working at the Sheraton Hotel in Palo Alto, it has been a very pleasant job and i have learned a great deal. My job here is very fast passed with lots of emails, call and details to pass on to all departments. i have kept very close relationships with all coworkers from all different departments and definitely made some friends. I have learned to deal with difficult work related situations and manage my time to solve all issues on time. I look forward to working at a company that will present professional growth, while allowing me to demonstrate my capabilities and full working potential.
Fun place to work but low wages, and alot of turn over.
Line Cook (Former Employee), Kansas City Country club PlazaJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: low wages, and some poor management
Watched three of my supervisors leave, and I was given a lot of extra responsibilities. When new management was brought in 6 weeks later felt a lack of appreciation, and rose more questions than seem to solve problems.