Sheraton Employee Reviews in United States

management
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDAugust 31, 2015
Would never work the owners again awful. they were cheap and the guests did not get what they needed most of the times, and made people double pay.
Excellent Team
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 31, 2015
I enjoyed working at Four Point Sheraton. My co-worker was awesome. As a team we were able to turn the check outs around in no time.
Pros
free meals
Cons
part time hours
Summer Every day
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  South Padre Island, TXAugust 30, 2015
When you think you have seen it all, a guest proves you wrong. From a good experience to a bad experience, but always remember that a smile could lift anybody's bad day.
a disaster in the works
hostess/club lounge attendant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 25, 2015
i loved it at first but then management changed. things became way out of control and no structure. Too much gossiping and not enough TEAM WORK. They had people scheduled to close and open the following morning at 5 am. Only the food and beverage department didn't have it together.
Pros
free lunches, free dry cleaning for uniforms.
Cons
lack of communication with employees and managers
Amazing Employees
Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLAugust 24, 2015
Working at the Four Points by Sheraton was a very good learning experience . it was a very welcoming environment. The most enjoyable part of the job would be being able to see how the managerial work is done.
professional,no stress work place, respectful associates
Executive Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 23, 2015
80% in kitchen 20%in office , check e-mails,resumes, review banquet event orders, pre-shift meeting with cooks and dishwashers ensuring that all product is fresh and everyone is aware of daily agenda,making sure that all food temperature logs,refrigeration logs,and sanitation logs are up to date and completed on a daily basis,check in produce and hotel order to ensure freshness,communicate with vendors on product orders,
Pros
free lunches, associate functions
Cons
no bonus
not a bad place to work
Banquet Captain (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTAugust 22, 2015
they worked me very hard and i had 11 banquet rooms to clean and re-do from 2-10. sometimes i would have someone helping me only if there was a ballroom that needed to be done. i was only getting paid 9.10
Prime Hotel Real Estate
Group Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 22, 2015
High energy work place, with not enough supply for the demand. It's not what you know, but who you know. There are a lot of politics, which has caused 8 people to leave in 1 month. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my colleagues.
Pros
no uniform, flexible time off requests for vacation/appointments, gingerbread village
Cons
stressful work enviornment, management support, HR support
the pace was fast and the work was varied
food and beverage clerk (Former Employee) –  new orleans, laAugust 18, 2015
in the deep south making over 12 dollars an hour is considered a good job but its not enough to live on in new Orleans so I also worked at various temporary agencies to stay afloat
Pros
the employee cafeteria
Cons
no chance for advancement
To obtain a position in which I can contribute my skills, experience, passion for excellence, and to deliver value in a way that promotes the overall
Sales Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 12, 2015
I enjoy learning new skills in the Sales Administrative position. Understanding of the sale of events, how they are invoiced and billed. The planning that goes into preparing a function. Management team worked together to run a smooth day.
Pros
I learned something new and gained exposure.
Cons
It was a temporary position.
Great Place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDAugust 11, 2015
Sheraton Baltimore North hotel is a great place to work and stay. Workers re really nice and will give you anything you need to be happy.
Pros
Free lunch, and get discounts.
Cons
Hard work, and sometimes the room are left a mess
Overall good
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 10, 2015
Cleaned floors, set up for banquets, and worked closely with management, and supervisors. The hardest part of the job was continuous lifting.
Enjoyed working for Sheraton
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 9, 2015
Pretty nice place to work. Over the years the Sheraton always took good care of me. I would gladly work for another Sheraton.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Slight lack of advancement.
Review Summary
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FlAugust 9, 2015
A typical day is a general hard working day, that oneself can learn and grow from on an everday basis. Despite not offering competitive wages, its a great place to learn.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no competitive wages
Not a Bad Job
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOAugust 9, 2015
Ok so the starting pay isn't the greatest but for unskilled labor it's pretty good (nine to eleven dollars per hour). Stability and the work to life ratio here isn't the greatest. In banquets if it's the slow season or the sales team just wasn't getting business there's not as many events to work, while during the busy season you have a crazy schedule where you may work until 1am and come in the next day at 4-9am! Managers here are good at managing the hotels (the hotel I worked for) but terrible attitudes.
Pros
Good paying unskilled labor job
Cons
Work/life balance and management
Friendly co-workers, extensive work
Server (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYAugust 7, 2015
I was a breakfast server. It was extremely busy at times so we depended on lots of teamwork. I did get experience doing room service and serving tours. The tours were the hardest part of this job. Large groups of thirty or more would come in at the same time and expect to be served before their buses departed. The hotel is in Niagara Falls, so there would be many tours, sometimes two at a time.
able to get my free lunch frienly enviroment
Kitchen Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CAAugust 5, 2015
a very busy non stop paste I learn to be a better cook management was kind of friendly co-worker's where friendly to some extend hardest part of the job the schedule
Great place to gain customer oriented skills!
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 27, 2015
one of the friendliest and best places to work. Everyone is genuine! Great location, and they even provide lunch and breakfast for employees on Friday mornings. Can't forget about the Starwood hot and friend rates at some of the most amazing hotels in the world!
Pros
free lunch, and friendly staff
Cons
Good job, terrible management.
Waiter, Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAJuly 19, 2015
Good job, terrible management. They are huge on favoritism, and not skill or knowledge of work. Beyond that I like where I work.
Pros
Free Food, flexible work schedule.
Cons
Management is terrible, huge on favoritism.
very prodective.
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Revere, MAJuly 16, 2015
A typical work day consist of all of and only the best customer service. Very fast paced environment and friendly co workers.
Pros
Flexible Schdule.
Cons
No Scheduled breaks