Sheraton

Sheraton Employer Reviews

Fun Job
Customer Service Specialist / PT (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 9, 2014
Pros: discounts on hotels
Cons: early mornings
Early mornings, knowledge about the city's events. Nice and friendly people. Great management, excellent food.
employer with an unfair pay rate
housekeeper (Former Employee), long island city, new yorkJune 4, 2014
the most enjoyable part of the job was the nice co-workers surrounding us.
productive workplace
Guest Services (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 3, 2014
Pros: learning skills
Cons: heavy lifting
Great experience overall educational to cleanliness, and guest satisfactory.
good and intressting
recreation assistant (Former Employee), Lagos, GUJune 3, 2014
how wonderful it is to meet people from all over the world even the far, far east Asia. it the happiest moment I have in this job.
the more u meet people the more u see their culture and believes.
the hard part is the being unrecognized for the best that u put in.
Good
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSJune 1, 2014
It was a very friendly environment with great people there.
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 21, 2014
Great place for growth opportunity willing to give full 40 hours a week work schedule
Commercial Custodian, 2012-Present
Banquet Chef (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJMay 20, 2014
Collects and bags all garbage from the center, placing the tied bags in a closed dumpster.
Disinfects and cleans garbage and trashcans, and changes bags daily.
Washes and sanitizes bathrooms fixtures daily with germicidal solution.
Using germicidal solution, wet mops all washable floors daily including kitchen, bathroom and office.
Clean windows (inside and outside) and walls using germicidal solution as scheduled or needed.
Vacuums all carpeting daily.
Sweeps and clears entrance spaces, daily.
Dusts, washes and sanitizes other surfaces as specified in schedule.
Performs other cleaning duties as specified in schedule.
Refills paper towel, tissue, toilet paper and hand soap in all dispensers.
Changes light bulbs, as needed.
Reports the following to the Director, or designated staff person.
Performs other duties as specified in job description addendum or as assigned.
Glad I had this opportunity
Sheraton (Current Employee), Silver Spring, MDMay 20, 2014
Pros: prepared lunches
Cons: slow days
Working with the people at Sheraton made me feel at home and stress free. Everyone knew everyone and they were all so nice and loving to one another.
Exciting
Sales and Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 19, 2014
The people are great. Enjoy the challenges and fast pace environment.
I love my job
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee), Albuquerque New MexicoMay 18, 2014
Pros: my co-workers are a pro they are awesome, i hate to have to leave them they are like another family to me.
Cons: the hours are definetly a con.
A typical day at work for me is I come in on time because I like to lead by example, I come in and greet everyone make sure that my staff members do not need anything from me. I have a pre-shift meeting once all my employees come in we address things positive and negative that need to change and also duties that need to be done that night or day. I have never been in a leadership position until now so I have learned quite a bit. I have learned how to approach my staff and also customers about problems or any other concerns they might have. Also how to hold meetings and trainings and direct them. The hardest part of my job right now is the hours, not seeing my family and things like that which is the only reason I am currently searching for another job. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I satisfy my customers and also my staff because without them i wouldnt be where I am.
Fast-paced and challenging.
FRONT DESK AGENT/NIGHT AUDITOR (Former Employee), Midwest City, OKMay 17, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers and predictable schedule.
Cons: no opportunity for advancement and management plays favorites.
If you don't like dealing with people, this job is not for you. You have to deal with all types of guests ranging from polite and courteous to angry and belligerent. The hotel manager is nice and I actually loved working here for quite some time until, they hired a new assistant manager. The co-workers are great people, the management just needs to take notice of hard-working employees.
Fun
NIGHT AUDIT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMay 14, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: parking
One of the best place to work for. The people love people, the management is great and supportive of you learning more and are willing to promote to a new level.
Job/Life
Night Auditor (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 10, 2014
Pros: good pay.
Cons: nights, sleeping all day.
The hours are not good, but i took these hours because of the pay rate. I sleep all day because i work nights and never have time to do anything.
Account Executive Sales
Executive Account Representative/Sales (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 3, 2014
Pros: working in the hospitality industry was exciting and every day was different.
Cons: base salary was not satisfactory but the commission during peak season was great.
Sheraton Hotel located on Long Island was a fabulous fun job. I was thrust into the position at the peak season but quickly adapted to the hotel environment. My responsibilities were dealing with corporate sales for meeting rooms. trade shows, and various social functions.
Weekly meetings with the various departments gave me a greater understanding of the team effort it takes to make a hotel run smoothly. Multi-tasking and working with co-workers in many areas of the hotel was exciting and fulfilling. My only reason for leaving was pregnancy and child rearing.
Mix culture, Family environment, Ever night was something different
Waitress (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 3, 2014
Check patrons' identification in order to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages. Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems. Escort customers to their tables. Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods. Inform customers of daily specials. Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes. Present menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request. Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, and take them to kitchen for cleaning
Unorganized
Server (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMay 2, 2014
Pros: hotel discounts
Cons: teamwork was lacking
Management and staff had a huge turn around, very unpredictable and unstable.
Interesting and Challenging work place
Operating Engineer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 25, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks during busy moments
A typical day is like putting out fire. always something happening and needs attention.
I learnt that, there is never a dull moment.
Management is continuously checking and providing employees with information and resources to better perform the given task.
My co-workers are continuously on the go.
My hardest part of the job are those days when we couldn't locate specific part to perform a repair and have to improvise in order to satisfy the customer.
The most enjoyable are those days when you satisfy the customer and got recognize for it.
Nice workplace good company culture
Front Office (Former Employee), C26April 22, 2014
Pros: free meals two meals per shift
Cons: have meeting at the day off
3 shift AM PM and night shift
Sheraton culture
good management
young and active co-workers
hardest part of the job was the night shift
the most enjoyable part of the job was communicate with the guests
Amazing place to work
Credit Manager (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKApril 21, 2014
I did all the invoicing and collections. Most enjoyable part of my job was establishing a relationship with all gusts.
ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL
PBX Agent (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 8, 2014
Best employment I ever had!! I wish they would have never went out of business

About Sheraton

For more than 70 years Sheraton has enjoyed a history as vibrant and spirited as the travelers we welcome. The world has changed, – Read more