Sheraton Employee Reviews

Great company
General Manager/DOSM LAM GROUP REIT (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 9, 2016
Starwood is a very dynamic company and I enjoy working for them. It's like working with Family! I have been a General Manager for over 15 years and this company is the best in the business!
renovated hotel with nice rooms
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Robinson Township, PANovember 5, 2016
I thought the hotel was nice and provided everything that a customer may need. Had great potential and employees are very nice.
Not what it seems
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IANovember 5, 2016
Human Resource person needs to be let go. Flat out lies about the position and the expectations. At the time I was their it was the worst managed hotel ever. New Gm is getting it turned around.
Very good benefits and flexibility.
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 3, 2016
The Sheraton University City hotel is a decent place to work. The scheduling is flexible and the benefits are good. Management is very accommodating to personal needs.
Easy Going
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 3, 2016
It was alright. Coworkers were fun. Fast paced!!! It was all general knowledge. Management on the other hand needs improving. But overall it was a delightful job.
Hotel
Director of Front Office (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 2, 2016
Hotel was great. Loved working with the employees there. Friendly staff members. Team focused. Everyone chipped in where needed. We crossed trained a lot within different departments to help improve hotel knowledge and customer satisfaction.
productive and fun.
Training New Hires / Catering supervisor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 25, 2016
place where you can learn how to be a leader ,quick discussion maker . resist the all type of problems,and how to solve it .
Good workers
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 21, 2016
Good location, good education, good culture, good equipment to work, good ambience and workers very helpful. The time that I spend that I had learned a lot.
Four Points By Sheraton
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILOctober 18, 2016
Many shortcoming on employees benefits within the company. But the positive side of this company is that I met great people and learned about many things within the field. Great way for those needing to emerge into the field of banquet serving.
Sheraton New Orleans
Director of Catering and Event Management (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 18, 2016
Worked with superb sales and convention service team.
Great city and clients from all over the world.
Developed relationships with clients with whom I worked in other convention hotels. Had the ability to take advantage of the culture and food of the city and share with guests.
Great reward programs
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 15, 2016
I learned a lot with Starwood, great customer service programs and HUB's yearly. There rewards program drives Front desk agents to push on to customers.
Pros
great atmospher
organized
Room Service Server and as banquet server (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 12, 2016
My work place is as my second home. i enjoy working with the employees as my family. i am very open and eager to learn new things. i love to communicate with my managers about my job.i am very quick learner, respect and love my job more than anything.
Pros
free food
Cons
pto
Great team, tough property
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 9, 2016
As to be expected, the position includes lots of face-time with the guests. It is our job to solve problems and attend to needs as quickly as possible with as little "wake" as possible. Hours can be difficult as they are ever changing to fit the needs of the property. A physical lack of management at the time being only adds to the situation. It's a 365 room hotel so strongly micromanaged, that it makes risk taking hard if not impossible. It's a property that is fun to work for, but incredibly draining. Co-workers are great to be around but due to the nature of the property, no one sticks around for long, if even a year.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Expensive benefits, long hours, poor work-life balance
Good opportunity
Security Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 7, 2016
It's a great experience working for the Sheraton Hotel it allows you to get to meet and work with different people and be interactive with the guests. The Sheraton also has great perks as well
Fun atmosphere
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAOctober 2, 2016
Love working here the managers are very friendly and I love coming to work. All the co workers are very nice too. Working for Marriott has many benefits that you can use both at home and at work.
Verbal only
Banquet Director (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 28, 2016
.A great experience post Katrina. with 120.000 square feel of convention space. Mardi Gras Balls,Superbowl etc.

Very professional management and a steady staff with little turn over..
Never turned down for working supplies or Capex
Pros
A very professionally run hotel
Cons
Lacked sufficient parking facilities
Nice plce
Night Auditor for Valet Parking (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CASeptember 28, 2016
Just off the Hollywood Freeway, this modern hotel is 8 minutes' walk from Universal Studios Hollywood.

Airy rooms (some with views of the Hollywood Hills) have WiFi (fee), flat-screen TVs and desks with ergonomic chairs. Upgraded rooms offer balconies or terraces. Club rooms provide access to a lounge with free WiFi, continental breakfast and all-day snacks. Suites add living areas.

A relaxed restaurant offers contemporary cuisine. There's also an exercise room and an outdoor pool with a sundeck, as well as meeting rooms and a business center.
Pros
tips
Fun and Loving workplace.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 28, 2016
I enjoyed my time at the Sheraton. The best part about the job is the staff and how well knit they are. Each individual embraces you and wants you to succeed.
It was my first house keeping job so i didnt know what to expect. So it was hard at times and then easy other times.
House keeping (Former Employee) –  Cocoa BeachSeptember 27, 2016
It was an great experience. I got along with everyone. But I wouldn't do hotel work unless I really needed it. I was put on as fulltime, but most of the time i didn't make full time hours.
Would work there all over again!
Front Desk Office/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 24, 2016
All I can say is that I wish I still worked for this amazing company. It is unfortunate that in 2014 they ran out of business and all employees were laid off.
Pros
Amazing Company
Cons
Laid-off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sheraton. Our community is ready to answer.