Sheridan Healthcare Employee Reviews

Best place to work
Anesthesia Coding Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLJune 10, 2017
Best place to work, excellent training time, trainer is not friendly.
I learned a lot about Anesthesia Coding.
I learned ASA-400 system.
Safe environment.
Billing Coordinator
Site Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 22, 2017
Was hired as contractor to perm. Hiring manager was supportive and favorable to my work. Was told position was near conversion to full-time when different manager took over department and I was released from my assignment after 9 months of being an excellent employee (on-time, good work product, etc.).
Pros
Good work location
Cons
Current management
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLMay 11, 2017
All departments are not the same. It basically depends on who your manager is. Overall the company has many perks and has many days that you will leave early. It's a fun environment.
Easy job but very repetitive.
ANESTHESIA UNIT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLApril 26, 2017
Workflow is ALWAYS backed up. Doing different tasks everyday to try and catch up instead of our daily routine tasks. Management doesnt stay on top of employees until the work is so backed up thatthey need the deadlines reached.
Pros
free meals, free overtime, good morale
Cons
need a longer lunch, always backed up, not much advancement oppurtunity
Nice working environment
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAApril 23, 2017
Working for this company was great. They are indeed considerate of there staff and alsomake sure that thing run smoothly within patients home and health
Company is growning with many opportunities
Director, Provider Enrollment & Billing Operations (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHApril 21, 2017
This is a great company to work at they are growing and have many opportunities. They have amazing management team with a great amount of healthcare knowledge and experience.
Productive when there is work to be easily spread
Medical Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLApril 17, 2017
Easy going workplace. A lot of paperwork at times to be entered into system. Data entry is very easy once trained on different facilities. Management sometimes can be hard to communicate with if not at computers to receive emails, which is mainly how we communicate.
Pros
Friendly Co-workers, Good Pace, Two 15 min paid breaks
Cons
Slow on work at times which effects productivity
Run
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 4, 2017
This company will back stab you any moment they get. They never do what they say they are going to do. The people that work there get away with everything. No one is appreciated. They expect you to do so much work for little pay. If you complain, they put a target on your back. They are sneaky and under handed.
data Entry/ account creation
Clinical Data Abstractor (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLFebruary 13, 2017
Account Creating, Data Entry, A very comb and quite company to work for, amazing team leads and great benefits. Typical day at work is account creation, Bar coding and helping with verification before it gets codded. two 15 minute breaks, and 30 minutes for lunch. I work 730 to 5.30 everyday.
Pros
working for a 14 billion dollar company
Cons
20 minutes from my house
That is Sheridan
Sr. Reimbursement Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLDecember 22, 2016
I worked for this company since 2009. My previous review says it all. I wished I did not leave however, life pushed me to another direction.

I learned the different laws with different carrier throughout the U.S.A. I learned how to compose an appeal causing unpaid claims to be paid; at times in a massive back payments. I learned to look out for trends that would cause the claims not being paid.

My co-workers were exceptional. The hardest part was keeping my quota at times since I am detailed.

I enjoyed it all.
Pros
The team challenges, holiday were respected and celebrated, bonus were awesome
Cons
Short breaks and not enough bathrooms for such a large company.
Front Desk Medical Assist
front desk medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLDecember 3, 2016
Great benefit but MGMT in jupiter area are unprofessional. They hire medical assistants to do both front and back and they over work you and under pay you. they send you to all offices cause there under staffed but during the interview tell you otherwise. company would be nice place to work if there jupiter mgmt would be replaced
Cons
over worked and under paid
If you want longevity this is your place
Coder (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLNovember 25, 2016
I've been at there for 5 years and it's all in the department you work in pass your audits meet your number and you will make it. Again I started as a collector in neo and became a coder again it depends on your Manger it's who you know not what you know don't complain and you will be find
Pros
You don't have to worry about layoffs
Cons
Short breaks, its who you know not what you know
Training needed
Clinical Quality/Data Reporting Team Lead (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLSeptember 19, 2016
A better training department for Managers and Supervisors is needed. There is a great potential to be able to balance work and life if one is able to perform in a selfish way vs. working together as a team.
Company works off of production and quotes.
Temp (Former Employee) –  Sunrise FlJune 30, 2016
Sheridan is a very fast pace, organization that requires speed and accuracy to be a productive employee with the company.
Fast paced environment
Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLJune 23, 2016
Very busy company and the atmosphere is relaxed and inviting. Iv'e learned how to review medical information. The drive is 40 minutes away and that is the hardest thing to do thus far.
Pros
Free food and overtime offered
Team Atmosphere that encourages indiviual success
Business Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 19, 2016
My focus in my current Business Development position is building relationships with targeted hospital partners daily by either telephonic communication or and face to face interaction. I've learned from my Vice President and Manager that my strength lies in my face to face interactions. I've previously developed the understanding of the hospital leadership teams, and their roles from my tenure as a healthcare Executive Assistant. My manager and co-workers motivate each other to be the best and focus on not only individual goals but Team goals. Bonuses are given at different levels when goals are met. It is fulfilling to be in an office with such powerful positive vibes.
Pros
Bonuses when goals are met; some travel
Corporate Enviornment
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLMarch 20, 2016
Enjoyed working with Sheridan healthcare. Company very competitive with pay and benefits became effective day one. Never worked for a company that was so organized
Pros
Benefits superb
Cons
Mail the first two checks
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLFebruary 5, 2016
Sheridan is a big company with all specialist of coders. My coworker excellent. The training is up to you to study hard and understand the job you were hired for.

I work on CodeRyte System and Smart self friend programs.
peaceful yet fast pace
Coder/Biller (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLFebruary 3, 2016
Time seems to fluctuate weekly, a non micro management environment, knowing the chain of command is respected and leadership quality is a must,working well with others is a bonus
Very fast paced.
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJanuary 8, 2016
I was responsible for the attorney requests including supplying them with medical records and billing for the fastest processing of their cases, Also the bankruptcy notices from both patients and attorneys, Also maintained an insurance collection queue. They had wonderful Halloween events with prizes for all employees.
Pros
Met some really nice people that I enjoyed working with.
Cons
Too many managers, Micromanagers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sheridan Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.