Sherman Associates, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great People that are NOT Corprate
ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 19, 2017
I enjoy working at Sherman Associates with the people on site. The corporate office seem to be so far away and above everyone else. They seem to need to be in everyone business and how things should be handled on site when they are not even close to being on site or working with customers. The support you get from the corporate office is non existent. The regional and director of property management have been off the front lines for so long that they do not remember what it is like trying to uphold the policies and procedures of the company. The fact that a resident can act any way they wish and disrespect everyone on site then call corporate and be given whatever they want makes for a hostile work environment. I hope this changes for this company so it can continue to grow.
September 20, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We consider our reviews an important outlet to gain insight about our company. We are surprised to hear of your experience and want you to know that your sentiments have been noted. Sherman Associates is committed to creating a comfortable, supportive, productive and collaborative environment.If you would like to discuss any of your concerns further, please call 612.332.3000 and ask to speak with Human Resources.

Horrible company to work for
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 13, 2017
Constantly lied to by upper management and placed in impossible situations in which you are set up for complete failure. As a Property Manager, you have no real authority in your position to do much for your tenants which makes it impossible to keep good tenants around. High pressure to work 50-60 hours per week in a salary position and to take an on-call phone which must be on at all times. No extra compensation for required work performed off site. No room for advancement. If you have a high moral standard and an expectation to be treated as a human, do not seek employment with this company.
Pros
Decent health care
Cons
Unethical behavior in management, heavy workload, poor support
September 20, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are surprised to hear of your experience as a property manager and want you to know that your sentiments have been shared with our senior leadership team.

Horrible company
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 11, 2017
When I worked for this company about 6 months ago everything was a mess. Regional manager would tell property staff one thing but then we would go to company meetings and hear something else. No support from corporate staff. The company hires basically anyone just to fill a position even if they aren't qualified.
Pros
Good vacation benefits
September 22, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We appreciate the feedback. We’re proud to provide great vacation benefits and training for our employees.

Great benefits
Server (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNMay 8, 2017
As a server in the restaurant located in the Sheraton Hotel, we get benefits with half off food and discounted hotel rooms all around the world. Management is very great as they work with students on their schedules.
September 22, 2017

We appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear you enjoy working at Sheraton Duluth Hotel. We’re proud to provide flexible scheduling for students and great benefits. Thank you for the review.

Wonderful Company to Work For
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 3, 2017
I love working at Sherman Associates!
- Great opportunities for advancement
- Committed to values and mission
- Senior Management is well respected and knowledgeable
- The people are so friendly
- Growing company with much to look forward to
- Competitive compensation
- Culture is fun (holiday parties, happy hours, etc.)
- George Sherman is a humble and strong leader
- Typical benefits
- Free parking, on-site gym, education reimbursements, etc.
September 22, 2017

Thank you for your 5-star review. We are happy to hear you enjoy working at Sherman Associates. We have shared your feedback with our upper management.

Sherman
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 23, 2017
If you are not an employee of the corporate office, you are not valued as an employee. They do offer PTO and a relaxed dress code. However, the security for their section 8 properties are very limited.
Small company with great culture
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 9, 2016
I had a wonderful manager who helped me advance my skills. I enjoyed the small company culture and Niche aspect of affordable housing
Awesome
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 22, 2016
I used to work morning shift from 8am to 4:30pm. there were two weeks slow but Other two weeks were very tough. We used to work moving tenants to a new locations until their house were remodeled.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
dust
Great to their employees
Property Manager and Regional Trainer (Former Employee) –  Indpendence, MOMarch 30, 2016
I love Sherman Associates and the entire culture of their company. They value their employees and work hard to train their staff and keep them happy. Upper Management is very approachable and knowledgeable.
Pros
If you work hard you are respected and treated well
Cons
Growing rapidly in other states but not MO currently.
PR & Marketing Intern
Public Relations & Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 16, 2016
Great company and even better employees. Everyone here is hardworking and the company culture is great. They offer some really great properties to those looking for a place to live in Minnesota.
Was a lease up specialist for serveral properies throughout the company.
Senior Roving Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 26, 2015
Worked very close with marketing and the management on leasing and marketing. Was able to keep each site at 98% to 100%. Was involved with 2 property sale.
Pros
Great company events
Cons
need more traing
Great Place to work
2ND SHIFT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 24, 2015
Great place to work and your always leaning something new. You are exposed to many different cultures and food. the best part about my job is working with a diverse group of people from various backgrounds.
Exciting Culture with Respectful Management
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 1, 2014
As an employee of Sherman Associates for just over a year now, I can say that the company is full of career growth opportunities in all departments and at all levels. Not only do they do a great job of hiring entry-levels roles and interns to develop them into full-time permanent roles, but they have brought on several top management / executive level roles to manage their growth in recent years.

A bi-monthly meeting for all employees is held at corporate and many of the regional offices and individual properties will join in via telephone to hear about the current and upcoming projects the company is focusing on, as well as share departmental updates and changes.

Volunteer events and potlucks are common (monthly) occurrence at Sherman, not just for corporate employees in Minneapolis, but at the portfolio sites as well.

Health & dental benefits aren't too glamorous, but they do offer free parking at corporate in Minneapolis with a on-site gym and personal trainer. They also reimburse for educational conferences and certification exams.
Pros
PTO roll-over, Volunteerism, Free Parking in Downtown Minneapolis, Continuing Education Reimbursement and Company Provided Training, Onsite Gym Available with Free Personal Training
Maintenance Department
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 15, 2014
Documented processes
Like co-workers
Fast paced
Need to work more than 40 hours a week to do a good job
Pros
Personal trainer
Cons
Heath benefits
productive fun place to work with great employees
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNMay 22, 2013
I clean lobby, vacuum hallways, clean & ready units for new tenants, clean grounds, wash windows, clean elevators, deliver notices, etc.
Being a Property Manager is a very exciting career.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 1, 2012
A typical day at work was to walk the property inside and out, check and return emails, daily meeting with the staff, taking care of residents issues/conflicts, schedule resident events or parties, answer and return phone calls, conference calls, get mail, pay bills, collect rent, send out late notices, Certifications/Recertification, create and follow budget, buy all property supplies, process applications, credit & criminal check, communicate and schedule vendors, send out infraction letters, eviction letters, move in and move out residents, schedule turnovers, Meet deadlines.

I learned more about the Tax Credit/HOME/Bond programs.

I had a very supportive Management staff to turn to when ever I needed.

I also had great co-workers to work with everyday, especially the Service Manager. Everybody welcomed me and helped me become familiar with all the different programs.

The hardest part was trying to get the residents to trust another manager. I was the 4th manager in a year.

The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to meet all the new people and learning who all the current residents were.
Pros
had a wonderful staff to work with
Cons
working 6 days a week for 8 months straight
Very busy workload
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 8, 2012
Overall, a good company to work for, with a very diverse environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sherman Associates, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.