Sherman Dodge Employee Reviews

I would not recommend Sherman to a friend
Technician/level 1 (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILJanuary 2, 2018
Typical day at work could be described as a mass chaos. Poor work culture and customers from worst neighborhoods around. Management changes too often to establish any good work relationship and communication,
Human Resources Director (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILNovember 8, 2017
This is great place to learn and enhance your skill set within any department. Great management in place to make that happen. The environment is fast paced but everyone is very helpful.
sales and finance
Finance/Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILSeptember 26, 2017
I was one of the finance managers who assisted with completing a customers vehicle purchase. I setup financing options and offered products to protect their investment, Fast paced and high volume store. The hardest part of the job was to keep up with the work load on time and working the very long hours.
A day at work.
Car Salesman (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILSeptember 7, 2017
Dealership opens at 9am and is generally pretty slow until around 12:30pm. people are scheduled to 3 12 hours shifts a week as well as 2 9 hour shifts. The floor is flooded with salesmen and hard to get incoming customers because most salesmen stand outside and wait for people to show up. All in all hard place to work.
Pros
lunch on saturdays
Wouldn't recommend
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2016
Very unorganized, over staffed with tasks falling on the bottom feeders of the company. Those in the managers favor rarely do any work. Little pay for a lot of work. This place is Constantly changing management. The pay and hours are not good.
Cars
Business Development Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILOctober 29, 2015
I love learning new things and working here always kept me on my toes. I've learned so much more about cars and the structure of a car buisness. I work with a great team and If you want to advance you have to work for it.
Pros
free lunches and good commision
Cons
short breaks, and no days off
Friendly people
Sales person (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILApril 18, 2015
I receive my leads, Make phone calls and set up my appointments for the day. Sale car and run quotes. Talk to clients and put them in the car that best fits there needs.
Pros
bonus and commission
Cons
Long commute
horrible management
Apprentice Technician (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILMarch 27, 2013
I started out as an apprentice and was treated unfairly by a service manager who no longer works there. Haven't been back and don't recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
good pay
Cons
horrible service managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sherman Dodge. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9