Sherpa LLC Employee Reviews

Not much training involved
Technical Recruiting Manager/Full Desk Focused (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 2, 2017
Sherpa is an ok company to work for, but the management doesnt take much time with you to train or work with folks that are newer or may not have the experience in that particular technology or skill set. Also the bonus structure is impossible to understand.
Pros
No micro management
Cons
Bonus structure, no training
Great company.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 13, 2015
This company is a great company to work for. I really enjoyed the company and the other employees that work there as well. Very caring people and very helpful when you need them.
Customer Service
Vendor Maintenance Coordinator/ Date Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  CharlotteNovember 3, 2014
Customer Service daily fullfil request via (SMR) system and keyed data into (SAP) Wonderful Company amazing people
GREAT company to work for!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  CharlotteSeptember 26, 2014
Sherpa is awesome! I have worked at Sherpa for over 3 years and everyone is very professional, friendly and passionate about helping others. Sherpa treats its employees and candidates with respect, unlike other agencies I've worked at. The management is awesome and motivates employees to succeed. My co-workers are like family. We work hard, but also have fun doing it. Sherpa offers better work-life balance than any other staffing agency in Charlotte. Overall, it's a great place to work!
Pros
great management team, team environment, awesome work life balance
Cons
growth (due to it being a small company)
I really enjoyed working for this company
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 26, 2014
This company really kept in touch on assignments throughout and placed me with a company family oriented.
Excellent care of their clients
Business Analyst II - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte NCNovember 7, 2013
Excellent firm to work for.
Located in Charlotte NC.
Truly take the time to match each individual with the appropriate role based not only on skill set but also personality.
Fast paced corporate environment, very goal oriented
Temporary Assignment - Duke Energy (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 29, 2013
The first half of the day was always easier to get the majority of work done. The afternoon was spent more on the phone trying to follow up with paperwork and get it ready to be processed. The hardest part of the job was the volume of invoices to be done. Anywhere from 800 to 1200 invoices had to be processed every couple of days by one person. The most enjoyable part of the job was the actual keying and being in the program working
great compensation but unprofessionalism
Patient account Rep (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 25, 2013
I worked a temp position with sherpa for 6 months. I was able to transition into several job responsibilities within that time. The management of the position they placed me in at Carolina Medical Center was horrible. I was able to process more work than my permanent peers. My coworkers were grouped off individually. They were able to shop online and do personal calls all day. The hardest part of the job was just not being comfortable because you did not know how they were grading you outside of performance. The most enjoyable part of the job was some permanent employees included temps in all of their office activities.
Pros
learning different job roles
Cons
Not listening and communicating with their hired staff.
I really enjoyed working at Sherpa for so many reasons
Stock and Derivatives trader (Former Employee) –  Springfield, NJJuly 14, 2013
I researched companies in depth by analyzing their financial statements, following stocks,stock derivatives, their current products and future products coupled with their competitors. I followed stock trend patterns , charting and fundamental issues within the company and general economy within the US and around the globe. I kept up with pertinent financial information using the Wall Street Journal, The Financial Times , New York Times and internet, plus any other sources of news information that would affect the stock market in general.
I followed certain sectors, technology companies in particular. The environment was fast paced and challenging and exciting and the hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was making money and protecting the money of clients.
Pros
Lucrative, Intense and challenging, always learning
Cons
I took my job home with me with pleasure.
Great Consulting Firm to work for
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 7, 2013
I enjoyed working for Sherpa, would love to work for them again. They only contact you with positions that pay well and that match your experience level.
Pros
Contract company that finds positions that pay well and meet my expectations
Cons
some of the contracts are short term
Placement Firm working in Finance related positions
Project Finance Analyst - Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 7, 2013
Sherpa did a great job placing me in a contract position with Bank of America. But there seems to be little opportunity for full time employment on the projects they help manage.
Pros
timely placement
Cons
no benefits
They were very good at getting prepared for assignments and interviews.
Temp / Contract (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 12, 2012
They keep me in the know of what the client thought of my performance and I learned various new and up to date skills. I met a lot of new people, but I moved around quit a bit. I found out a lot about myself and my ability to adapt to change and staying motivated...
Pros
they treat you like family
Cons
distance of the assignments at times.
Serious Work Environment
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILMay 4, 2012
A small company environment, employees sometimes wear different hats as a result. Very intelligent work force overall, as we serve a niche market for media monitoring.