Sherwin-Williams

Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews

Great Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Clovis, CAAugust 27, 2015
I love my job. The group I am working with are all approximately the same age as myself, and each and every co-worker/manager has the desire to not only be successful, but also enjoy themselves as they do. After painting for 2 years prior to working here, I already had a base value of the use of many different materials, and the fact that all of my coworkers embraced my knowledge and bounced ideas off of me was very uplifting and created a sense of fondness for my associates and the company I work for. Work is tough, there are some days where I am asked to unload pallets full of 70lb buckets of paint, and others where I am asked to politely deal with a customer who requires patience, however this is a very enjoyable place to work.
Hardworking, productive days with dependable coworkers
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Marietta, GAAugust 26, 2015
Hardworking place that require drive and motivation. Everyday you learn something new and useful to help further my experience. The days are also well spent with management that trust in you to do what's right in the store. There are times that customers start to flood the store but my helpful coworkers and I always stay cool and approach the situation accordingly.
Store Manager
Store Manager (Current Employee), Glenview, ILAugust 26, 2015
Long Hours. Nights and Weekends. If your store is understaffed which most likely is you can find yourself working 13 hour days and not getting paid for it. Bonus structure is soft. Only great thing about the company is its benefits.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Gulfport, MSAugust 25, 2015
Great place to work. The work is not very hard and the training you receive helps you along the way. The only issue is that if you dont know the right people or brown nose enough than the advancement opportunities are limited.
It's an okay job
part time sales (Current Employee), txAugust 25, 2015
They don't really care about the part timers. I work my butt off. Run my boss errands. And all I get is a blank stare. Whenever I try to make sales, a manager swoops in and takes it. I don't even get to finish the transaction. They won't teach me and they rush me.
Fast Pace Place to Work
Lead responsibility (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 24, 2015
As a Part-Time Key Holder, I was given a note worthy amount of responsibility which has expounded upon my training as a manager. Given the responsibility and authority to make decisions based on the store future needs such as: Inventory Levels, Scheduling, Lead Generation Call/Follow- Ups, and etc.
SW
Third-Key Associate (Former Employee), Depew, NYAugust 24, 2015
This was a part-time paint sales job which was a stepping stone into management. I left Sherwin Williams in 2010 because of the lack of available advancement.
Great advancement opportunities
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), Kansas City, MoAugust 24, 2015
Great company to work for if you are single. A lot of opportunity for advancement, if goals are met and exceeded. Very close knit and somewhat family oriented.
Interesting Company
Third Key Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 20, 2015
Was a great company till I got in my accident. They continued to try and find ways to fire me. I was in my crash while on the job didn't get compensation for the 4 weeks I was out. They tried to rush me to return to work even without a doctors note stating I could return. Loved my coworkers Would not go back.
Great on-going training
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALAugust 19, 2015
Management is very supportive and the company provides great yearly training. It is a great work environment with great people.
Boring Product, Great company
Marketing/Management Intern (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIAugust 18, 2015
Paint is not a sexy product, but you can make a very healthy living for yourself a a company that is at the forefront of it's industry.
Great company to work for
Market Manager (Current Employee), New Hudson, MIAugust 17, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: work life balance
Great company to work for but work life balance is horrible. Upper manangement does care about their employees but your peers make the job worth while.
nice place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Charleston, SCAugust 15, 2015
very nice place to work. very good people willing to teach you anything you need to know about the business and culture around the business.
Sherwin-Williams is a world wide company. Upward mobility is hard.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Columbus , OhioAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Listening to the radio while driving.
Cons: Much Heavy Lifting
Co-workers are fine. A typical day is to to load up the previous days left-over runs . Then go from there .I made delivery's in all kinds of weather , and learned the city very well. Driving was the enjoyable part of the job , loading and unloading the difficult part .
great place to work
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Peachtree City, GAAugust 13, 2015
Pros: great 401k
you really get to know the customers because of the frequent visits to they favorite Sherwin-williams store. having a strong team makes it a easy place to work
Management ruined it for me
Driver (Former Employee), Oak Lawn, ILAugust 13, 2015
My boss made my time there very unpleasent other then him I was on my own most of the day and was able to communicate with other workers or straight with customers.
Great place to work for and good staff
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Southaven, MSAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Good salary, flexible hours, president club for store managers and rep
Cons: Sometimes you may end up working under a lazy store manager as an assistant
It is a great company to work for, the hours are flexible. The company is like a close nit family, you ended up knowing mostly everyone in your district or network fast. The customers can be a little bit overwhelming sometimes, they seem to always get there way with the company.
Flexible and relaxed
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Columbus, IndianaAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: Starting pay as a sales associate
Just run the sales floor, as a sales associate sometimes have to do some deliveries to local painters. Overall nice working job. Can get a little overwhelming once you get slammed with huge orders and people come in at the same time but not too bad.
Fast Pace work with advancement opportunity. Lots of Stress
Branch Manager (Current Employee), MidwestAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Pay, Advancement, Resources
Cons: Work/Life, stores are understaffed, large work loads
Great Company with lots of opportunity. Hard work and organization will be recognized. Expect alot to be put on your plate. Customer base is very demanding and unprofessional. Although, it is nice to help small businesses and there are some great customers out there.
Great hours and benefits
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 10, 2015
Busy at all times but always a good work environment! Shipping and receiving was fast paced but safety always came first.
Headquarters