Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews in United States

A great paint store that provides excellent customer service
Sales Specialist/Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 17, 2016
Great company that provides excellent training to it's employees and managerial staff alike. I liked the job because it gave the opportunity to develop my managerial skill even further. The hardest part of the job was learning all of its product lines and its purposes. I love the job but they need to provide better advancement opportunities for all employed there.
Pros
Great training as a third key/ assistant manager trainee
Cons
Company doesn't provide advancement without a college dagree
fun and easy going envorment
Sale associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Stevens, WAApril 30, 2016
A typical day involves moving and tinting paint as well as taking and writing order over the phone and in person. i learned a lot about sales and direct customer facing and how a customers attitude must not affect mine. The management was great and polite and i enjoyed working with them and with the contractors that bought paint from us on a regular bases. the only negative i can say about my time was it was part time and not full time. but that was nothing they could control.
Pros
lots of downtime and schedule done well in advanced
Cons
not enough hours
Fun place to work with others and get things done in a timely manner
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAMay 1, 2016
Every day at Sherwin I sell paint to customers, restock inventory, unload shipment truck, and make about 5 sales calls a day. I sometimes work open to close on weekends, and I usually close every night on the weekdays that include banks drops. Work environment is great, and my manager's do a very good job at keeping the store in shape.
Pros
Learn a lot about sales and paint. Hard work pays off
Cons
Too difficult to land a full-time position
Exicting Company with a lot of potential for growth
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 18, 2016
My 4 years at Sherwin Williams were amazing. I learned almost everything from dealing with customers to hiring new staff. The management team was always eager and willing to help when help was needed. I would recommend Sherwin Williams to anyone looking to get into a retail level management position.
Pros
Work Environment, Work/Life Balance, Colleagues, Flexibility
Cons
No Commission on sales, Store open too late
Great place to work, if you're FULL TIME
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lacey, WAMarch 28, 2016
Wish a store that had over 1 million dollars in sales would have at least 1 full time employee (not including manager, asst manager.) Because of the lack thereof, after 1 year I still am a part-time employee. All year I was told a full-time spot will be open when the new year starts, but didn't happen. Plus since I was worked so much at the start of my employment, I averaged 8-9 hours a week for the final 2 months of my first 1 year term of employment.
Other than that, I like the people I work with, and my superiors. There is always something to do in the store, in which, for me it's a plus.
Pros
Benefits, job familiarity, nice co-workers
Cons
lazy co-workers, open to close shifts
small team, so easy to work with and get along with everyone
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 26, 2016
easy job, every day is about the same, help customers, tint and match paint, put away stock. you don't have to have much experience as you start off, but over time you will learn everything you need to know to basically run the store yourself. since the work crew is generally small, about 10 people max, you get to know everyone and its easy to get along with any crew. the hardest part of the job would probably be putting away heavy things, and most enjoyable would be about the last hour before the store closes, pretty much get to just chill and relax, maybe do a little bit of end day cleaning.
Pros
fairly easy job
Cons
small crew, so work often
Apply at your own risk.
LIFT TRUCK/PALLETIZER OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAMarch 25, 2016
Sherwin Williams can care less about their employees. It's all about how much paint they can get out in a matter of minutes. Employees nor family values are look upon nor valued. Racism is prevalent.
You only get two 20 minutes breaks choose which one is your lunch. Also once you inside there is no going to your car out to lunch is not an option.
Pros
Occasionally they cater lunch.
Cons
No general concern for employees well being. Just a job
productive and fun place to work
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 13, 2016
clock in, get the packing slips to give to the installers, cut any orders of carpet that wasnt done the day before. file the packing slips in the installer folders. get the installers loaded and have them sign the slip and send them on their way. when finished with the installers, continue cutting carpet for the next day, and getting orders together.
Pros
its a job
Cons
no full time, no benifits, bi-weekly pay.
Great Part Time Job
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Waldo, MOMarch 10, 2016
I have enjoyed working for the company for four years now as it has being a very enriching experience. I have picked many skill like working with point of sales systems for example that I feel will help me exceed in the future. I also have had the chance to work with the public and know how to satisfy the needs of many.
Pros
flexible schedules, nice store manager, get to listen to music while I work, and close to home
Cons
Have to work every weekend, disgruntled customers, and not getting a raise in two years for preforming well
Pretty good place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MSFebruary 29, 2016
I just help customers everyday, I learn about products everyday, on tuesdays we get trucks that have our product in them and it usually takes a few day to put up. My coworkers are pretty good, very nice. The hardest part would probably have to be when a customer calls in like 50 or 60 gallon order over the phone and then 4 customers come in and you have to help them first.
Pros
Pay wage over minimum wage, good hours, typically slow during the day
Cons
Management doesn't help with anything other than customer, sometimes extremely busy and you can't take a break til they are all gone.
Fun yet serious environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 24, 2016
At Sherwin Williams the day starts out very busy with a large work load forcing you to stay focused in order to get the job done. With constant customer interaction it becomes tough and can sometimes be overwhelming. However, with help from your co workers, management and by communicating with customers it makes getting the job done much easier. The part I enjoyed most working with Sherwin Williams is when the job is finished, seeing the outcome and the happiness within the customer.
Moving forward towards management bittersweet
Customer Service Representative/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2016
great company. It has its ups and downs.MOVING FORWARD TOWARDS MANAGEMENT BITTERSWEET. They over look employees that have been there for years for young college students that come in with only looking at the salary and eventually end up quitting because they don't want to work or either do a horrible job and end up running the stores into the grown for horrible customer service which brings up more and more unnecessary rules.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
Overlooked for upcoming management positions for no experienced new hire
Interesting, challenging, competitive and fulfilling
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 23, 2016
This competitive, rewarding and thrilling company provides each individual a platform to learn what it takes to be a fierce sales representative. The chase is on for new business while continually thwarting competitors of existing accounts.
Pros
Great leadership, fantastic colleagues, proper tools to perform your job, flexible schedule.
Cons
Industry consolidation, potential for advancement
Good experience, couldn't do it again
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHFebruary 18, 2016
I enjoyed working at sherwin. I learned a lot about paint, learned about inventory and stock. My manager wasn't the best, she tended to schedule me on days I asked for off but she was very nice and did go the extra mile for all her employees. Learned how to deal with some fairly irate customers.
Pros
flexible hours, light hearted environment, learned a lot about paint and similar products
Cons
Long weekend hours due to single shift saturdays and sundays, had to work some holiday
Great place to work and meet interesting people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAFebruary 14, 2016
clock in then see if any customers or team members needed help ,take paint orders ,stock the sales floor , make sales , unload new merchandise from pallets

Learned info about different types of paints and stains and application techniques

Great coworkers

hardest but nit bad part was Unloading new stock

Most enjoyable part was learning new information about a different trade
Pros
Management very helpful
productive, hard working, great enviorment.
Pant Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Frisco, COFebruary 12, 2016
I work with professionals that I enjoy learning from, and pushing myself to take on new and challenging opportunities and jobs in the workplace. I'm encouraged to come up with my own ideas and to provide input to the team. I enjoy solving customer’s issues smoothly and leaving them satisfied or even happier than when then originally called, or was face to face. I learned and continue to learn how to communicate and connect with people. I enjoy learning new computer programs as i vary from different positions and companies. I am a fast learner and enjoy being driven to be better and better at what i a can contribute to my job and help the people i work with.
Hard labor but awesome co-workers
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Stanley, KSFebruary 10, 2016
Typical day at work: Taking orders, mixing paint, cashiering, stocking shelves.
What i have learned: How to mix paint, what certain paints/epoxies/enamels are used for, how to use a electric pallet jack.
Management: Could use some improving.
Co-workers: They are awesome.
Hardest part of the job: Lifting/standing/truck.
Most enjoyable part of the job: Co-workers.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No set breaks so its possible not to get one, VERY BUSY IN SUMMER.
An excellent resource for painters and home oweners
Third Key/Assistant manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 31, 2016
The most enjoyable pat of this job was the learning of the products and the operational side of the business. This is where, I really polished my talent for managing a team. The co-workers were always fun to work with and ready to take on any tasks. In All, It was a great company to work at!
Pros
Excellent Training
Cons
Slow compensations
Not really fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 20, 2016
I worked at SW for 15 years. When I started it was great then over the course they stated giving us 12 percent sales increase demands even during the recession. They took hours away from part time associates from 28 hours down to 15-20 per week and told store managers to work the additional hours. It got to be a joke.
Pros
Fun staff at store and great customers
Cons
Hours, Pay, Ridicoulous demands
Great company benefits, but hard to move up
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodland Park, COJanuary 29, 2016
Great environment, help a lot of issues with customers who appreciate your advice. Had a lot of broken promises though. Promised promotions and raises, never got either. I've been working for Sherwin for almost 3 years, not one raise, i have my bachelor's now and was promised a promotion when i would obtain it, never got it, worked very hard and got lied to.
Pros
great benefits and great learning experience
Cons
Hard to move up, alot of competition