Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews

Found 1,326 reviews matching the search
Great benefits adequate compensation
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 28, 2017
Disconnected upper mgmt not for people that want a home life too lean with employees will beg u to stay in busy season and broom you when it is slow. K
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No work life balance/expect loyalty but dont be loyal
Temp Job
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 28, 2017
I worked at Sherwin Williams as a temp. I enjoyed my time at work there. I was stuck doing the jobs that not many people would enjoy doing, but again, I was a temp so it was expected.
Good Company
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 28, 2017
it's the greatest place to work and I regret the decision I made to leave this company. I know for sure, I will never find a company like this ever agian.
I loved working here. Every day was something new
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wasilla, AKMarch 28, 2017
I enjoyed working at Sherwin Williams and learning about the fundamentals of the construction and residential world of indoor and ourdoor painting and remodeling !
Pros
An hour long lunch
Cons
There was no maternity leave available for me
Great folks to work with.
Color Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCMarch 28, 2017
Nice group of people that care about their work. Managers tend to micro manage us which is frustrating.
Clients are great and appreciative of my skills in selecting colors for them.
Cons
Low wage
Great Company
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORMarch 27, 2017
Great Company but had to move on for personal reasons. They have excellent career opportunities and many locations worldwide. It can be a very high paced job at times
How it is
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INMarch 27, 2017
It is a good job overall. The main problems are with the management. There are several discrepancies in scheduling and micromanagement is an issue. I also feel that we don't always hire the best people. Some orders and tasks get confused often as well.
Good money; no life balance for manufacturing employees
Area Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MDMarch 27, 2017
Sherwin Williams was a good place to work until recent continuous management changes. Work environment change from being a team to every department and every shift looking out for theirselves.
Pros
Money, some perks
Cons
No job/life balance, management staff constant turnover the last two years
Paint Company
Shipping and Receiving Processor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 27, 2017
The company itself is great. There is constant turn over in Management. This particular location is filled with primarily seasoned individuals. At times they thrust inexperienced individuals in a management position, overlooking qualified experienced individuals. Basically, it's not "what you know, but who you know". Doesn't motivate a person to concept of "reaching for the stars". Not a lot of room for advancement unless you move out of state. Very stringent in some cases.

The benefits are fantastic!
Pros
Not a lot of room for advancement unless you move out of state.
Cons
It's not what you know but who you know. Not equal pay amongst women vs. men.
Productive workplace
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMarch 26, 2017
A fun job working with a wide array of customers from homeowners to professional contractors. Every day is a new day with a huge array of products to learn about, it keeps you engaged and hungry for learning new things.
Sherwin Williams
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 24, 2017
Sherwin Willams is an outstanding company to work for, but unfortunetley I feel like like the company doesn't treat the part-timers as well as the full-timers.
audit
Internal Field Auditor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2017
Report internal control issues to management and supply comprehensive recommendations to mitigate the associated risks.
Articulate audit finding, risks and detailed recommendations to upper management.
Support management through risk identification, control testing and process improvement procedures.
Evaluate store performance by analyzing the Profit and Loss (P&L) Report, Balance Sheet, and Inventory Analysis assessing sales, margins, and operating profits.
Utilize internal inventory reports to review and evaluate potential inventory variances that cause pickup and/or shrink in stores.
The management and team were great
Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hiram, GAMarch 23, 2017
My time here was well worth it. The management here was always friendly and would go above and beyond to help customers and even employees out. The warehouse was kept up and the front part of the store was kept clean daily.
i really enjoyed working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXMarch 23, 2017
the management was always fair. calm workplace, mixing the paint is what i enjoyed the most. the hardest part is making sure you get the paint mixture rite.
Fun, laid back environment where there is always work to be done
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 23, 2017
Sherwin-Williams is an awesome company to work for. The atmosphere is laid back and fun, but there is always something to do. We sell A LOT of paint in a day.
Fun People made each day enjoyable.
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 21, 2017
The customers were nice and always appreciated it when I offered to help. Management did a good job on keeping me educated on the products we used. I learned all about the wonders of paint and maintenance. I also got to meet many new people who came in as customers. The hardest part was making sure I gave the right advice.
Pros
Relaxed and peaceful
Cons
Weren't allowed to have our phones out ever
decent job for a man
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Marion, VAMarch 21, 2017
This company is good. Advancement opportunity if you relocate. Heavy lifting and knowledge of the products inside and out is a must. Not easy for a female that doesn't weight lift to do. I liked driving the work van and taking deliveries. People at this company are good people. Never met a bad employee
A very fast-paced, fun, and goal oriented workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 21, 2017
It's amazing to work at Sherwin Williams. It's an experience that I will never forget. I highly recommend anyone who is goal oriented and is very determined to succeed to apply at Sherwin-Williams.
Just an overall good place to be employed!
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Little Canada, MNMarch 20, 2017
Always good busy work and good management. Good opportunity for in-company advancement. Relaxed fun atmosphere to work in. Good hard working co-workers working everyday towards the same objectives and goals.
Great People
Head Warehouser (Former Employee) –  Moonachie, NJMarch 20, 2017
I loved my managers at the Sherwin Williams in Moonachie, NJ. They kept the store running smoothly. As the floorcovering store there was a lot of expansion in that area.
Pros
Every now and then a rep would come and buy eveyone lunch.
Cons
The way we handled the torn up carpet return wasn't the easiest.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sherwin-Williams. Our community is ready to answer.