Sherwin-Williams Employee Review

View all Sherwin-Williams reviews

Not Bad for an Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Menifee, CAAugust 14, 2014
This internship can provide the path to advance if you work hard.
As an intern you learn the whole aspect of the business, including the labor portion. Not glamorous, but there are pros and cons to any organization. Pros: $12 an hour, professionalism, great people. Cons: Not glamorous, sometimes bad management, lots of product knowledge. This internship had a project at the end of the 7-10 weeks and I suggest trying hard to gather resources and information to give the best presentation you can. Travel to Dallas, TX is sometimes a plus for this internship. Would recommend.

Other Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews

Great working environment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Bryant, ARDecember 8, 2017
Solid working environment relaxed collaborative efforts by all employees will train you on how to do the work the right and safe way from the start
Good company but loses talent early
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 8, 2017
If you're looking to stick with a company until retirement, this is one of the best ones to consider. The benefits are quite healthy as they match your 401k plus provide a pension on the side. If you dedicate your life to them you will have a very comfortable retirement.

But what do you have to give up for that retirement? First off, if you're on the store management track, good luck working less than 50 hours a week. And if you're a fully fledged store manager, you'll be working at least that amount. Second, because the stores are operated almost like a franchise, your store is basically your own business, and work will follow you home. Even on your days off you'll be working on reports, and getting calls from your store and customers. This dedication doesn't end when you get into upper management such as a district manager. I don't think I met a DM that worked less than 60 hours a week. Third, you won't get paid enough for the responsibility you carry. You don't just run the operations of the store, you maintain delivery vehicles, order inventory every week, manage your warehouse, hire/fire people, run daily/weekly/monthly reports, call on dozens of contractors to try and grow your business, and the list goes on and on.

I grew tremendously as a person and as a manager during my time with Sherwin, but at the end of the day it just wasn't for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sherwin-Williams. Our community is ready to answer.