Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,019 reviews matching the search
Demanding but can be rewarding
Manager (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTJune 28, 2016
Sherwin-Williams does do a good job recruiting talent. Most of my peers were professional and truly cared about their jobs.

Must be willing to put in long hours and multi-task in a environment that can be overwhelming. Hardest part of the job can dealing with the demands of upper management, especially if sales at any point start to go off plan.
Average company among corporate giants
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXJune 26, 2016
Few advancement opportunities, which can take years to acquire. The core of full time and management doesn't move much, but when they do the change is dramatic.
Pros
As wage jobs go, not bad.
Cons
No advancement opportunities. Changing leadership.
Assistant Manager
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 25, 2016
If you like working with a tight-knit small team do achieve your own business goals, this is for you. The store is guided by the district manager and city manager but it is up to you and the manager to complete all the daily fuctions as well as build relationships with customers to promote repeat transactions.
See comments
Store color consultant/ Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJune 25, 2016
This is a good company for someone with a degree who wants to move up to a management position quickly. There is good training for those who are interested. I am not interested in management, and they don't offer any room for me as far as advancement, hours, and benefits are concerned. I have enjoyed my work experience with this company, but my current situation requires me to pursue full time work with a reputable company with room to advance. I would like a base pay and commission.
Pros
Flexible work schedule and friendly co-workers with a team spirit. 401K options available.
Cons
No time and a half for Sundays. No sick time or medical benefits for part timers.
sherwin Williams
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJune 24, 2016
opener manager will come in at 6:45am and get the store ready for the day by counting the drawers. The sales associate will come in at 7am and will usually work a 4 hour shift or possibly a full 8 hour shift. Us as sales associate will aid our customers to the right paint for there color and taste and there creativity side for what they are about to paint. Then we will grab that paint and make it to their desired color they chose. Mix it in the back and then proceed to sell them the paint. If contractors usually will call ahead and give us direct orders of specific paint color and product. We will then put it in the computer so we can make it and have it ready for when they get there to pick it up.
Learning Experience
Sales Accociate (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJune 23, 2016
Sherwin Williams is a good company for part time employees as a stepping stone to better things. I is nice dealing with all kinds of customers and contractors; you develop a good working attitude helping people accomplish their goals.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
No chance of significant advancement
Sherwin
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJune 22, 2016
Sherwin has a awesome program for any graduate. The MTP program has given me a great start today. I truly enjoyed my job and the people I worked with.
Coworker Support and Teamwork
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJune 21, 2016
Opportunistic atmosphere for skills achievement in a globally owned and operated corporation that is provisional on a permanent or temporary basis initially via temporary agency only for an undetermined number of years by global and corporate management worldwide in order to facilitate adequate employee-job matches terminable at any given time via collective managerial opinion polls.
Pros
Skill advancement in customer service
Cons
Somewhat physically demanding at times
Workplace Review
LEAD MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXJune 21, 2016
Sherwin Williams offers competitive wages for the work required of their mechanics. They also offer a variety of courses for continued education that can provide opportunities for upward mobility.
Pros
Overtime opportunities
Cons
unionized
Helpful and Comfortable Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, PAJune 20, 2016
A typical day at work i'll have to say it varies but fun place to work

How to deal with customers & theirs concerns

Very Helpful

Fun to work with

Putting away stock

Dealing with customers & help them in anyway
Great place to work until you become a store manager!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockingham, NCJune 20, 2016
Worked for Sherwin-Williams for 10 years. I started off as a part-time employee at 8.00 per hour and worked my way up to Full time to 10.00 per hour in just a few months. Then after 2 years I was promoted to assistant manager. It really depends on your store manager going to bat for you to get promotions in the company and a willingness to move to other stores in the district. After 5 years as an assistant I got my own store as a Store Manager. I loved the time I was an assistant manager. But as a store manager it became very stressful due to district expectations. But I still enjoyed it. As store Manager you are salary and expected to work 48 hours per week as a minimum. but ended up working on a good week working 50-54 hours per week with no overtime pay. and if your store is understaffed good luck moving quickly to replace them and be prepared to work 60-70 hours per week.
But other wise I enjoyed my time there and it had great benefits and retirement options with 3 to 4 weeks of vacation time and countless hours building up for sick time.
I am no longer there due to my own fault with a small policy violation, and I am now eligible for rehire but due to personal injuries I could not lift the 5 gallon buckets of paint anymore.
benefits atmosphere
Pros
Ok pay, Great benefits, hardware store kind of atmosphere.
Cons
Continuious Heavy lifting, long hours at times, staffing issues hard to resolve.
Corporate world
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 20, 2016
It's only easy to move up if you have a bachelor's degree. My advice? Stay an assistant manager as long as you can. Managers work endless hours without getting a new ASM for months sometimes. And those endless hours are not compensated as you are salaried. Also, this company is not for the brutally honest. It's a corporate world, you have to be willing to compromise your morals if you hope to move up! Other than that, loved my customers and still have good friendships with them, and learned a lot about paint...
Pros
Customer relationships, knowledge of P&L, discount on paint
Cons
Salaried and long hours (70+ per week), honesty doesn't go far in the corporate world
Great Environment
Human resource administrative coordinator (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 17, 2016
Great People and great environment, not much flexibility on schedules and no room to advance in office positions. Management isn't always easy to work with and office work is tedious, but the hourly pay is nice.
Pros
good pay, easy job
Cons
no flexibility
Store of paint and coating for home and industry
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cabo Rojo Municipio, PRJune 14, 2016
•In charge of Safety Polices, Daily Reports, Training, Management, Supervision, Payroll and other.
•Certified; Hazard Waste Management, OSHA Adopts, Global Privacy Policies, Code of Conduct, Safety Procedures and other.
•Travel various times in EU for Assistant Manager Training, Sales Meeting Training and Store Manager Training.
•Develop and implement creative marketing strategies designed to increase market share.
Wonderful Customers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDJune 10, 2016
I absolutely love working for Sherwin Williams. The customers that come in are amazing and I easily created new relationships with them. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers pick different color combinations for their homes. My coworkers are amazing to me. The direct store management definitely needed some work but Sherwin Williams Corporate office listens to their workers and tries their best to make everyones experience a wonderful one.
It is was a great opportunity
Set Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 9, 2016
Was a summer job, sort of internship. I had a great time, was under great supervision and learned a great deal about The Home Depot
Great Place to Work
Mangement Intern (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 8, 2016
- Everyone was very nice and fun, especially the management. Everyone was always willing to help and the company had a great atmosphere.
Kind of fun environment
Warehouse Staff (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2016
the warehouse staff I worked with was pretty cool, however, the task of carrying hundreds of gallons of paint everyday was harsh. I would not work there again unless Im in the office.
Pros
Cons
heavy lifting all day
No chance of promotion
Decorator (Current Employee) –  New HampshireJune 7, 2016
been working for the company for five years, haven't been promoted once. Constantly training new employees, doing daily asst managers work because lack of good leadership. Usually companies promote employees based on experience and performance.....definitely not the case with Sherwin-williams.
Pros
Good starting pay
Cons
Forget about promotions.
Great company
Management and Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 7, 2016
Sherwin Williams is a great company with an amazing culture. Staff members are professional, efficient and enjoyable to work with. There is opportunity to grow within the company.
Pros
Training, teamwork, work culture
Cons
non

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sherwin-Williams. Our community is ready to answer.