Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work with others and get things done in a timely manner
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAMay 1, 2016
Every day at Sherwin I sell paint to customers, restock inventory, unload shipment truck, and make about 5 sales calls a day. I sometimes work open to close on weekends, and I usually close every night on the weekdays that include banks drops. Work environment is great, and my manager's do a very good job at keeping the store in shape.
Pros
Learn a lot about sales and paint. Hard work pays off
Cons
Too difficult to land a full-time position
fun and easy going envorment
Sale associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Stevens, WAApril 30, 2016
A typical day involves moving and tinting paint as well as taking and writing order over the phone and in person. i learned a lot about sales and direct customer facing and how a customers attitude must not affect mine. The management was great and polite and i enjoyed working with them and with the contractors that bought paint from us on a regular bases. the only negative i can say about my time was it was part time and not full time. but that was nothing they could control.
Pros
lots of downtime and schedule done well in advanced
Cons
not enough hours
relaxed work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 29, 2016
The work environment is great, all the staff is really friendly and helpful with any information. always working together, there is no competition. at times it gets overwhelming because not enough staff, but overall manageable.also Flexible schedule, manager is really understanding.
Fun place to work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Crofton, MDApril 27, 2016
Great work environment and career opportunity. The company hires from within and offers great benefits the higher up you go.
Fun place to work
Sale and customer service (Current Employee) –  Athens, TNApril 26, 2016
This is a great company to work for if you are looking for something part time, People are great, benefits are great also.
Pros
Fun place, learn alot
Cons
Only part time
Great Opportunity to challenge one's skill supervisory skill set. However, long hours on off-shift hours.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 25, 2016
Sherwin offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. A great opportunity for a person entering the supervisory field. Long shift hours on off-shift hours can be difficult to balance family life.
Pros
excellent pay/benefits
Cons
Great environment for moving up to store management
Management and Sales Intern-DC District (Former Employee) –  Connecticut Avenue NW, DCApril 23, 2016
Great managanemt and dedicated staff. The internship I had within the Connetecute Ave NW store was excellent. I had the resposibility of knowing how to run a store and the responsibilities within doing so.
Pros
Store Management experience
Cons
Pay could have been higher for job requirements
Not a bad place
Intern-LEAD Generation (Former Employee) –  Putnam, CTApril 19, 2016
I did not mind my time at Sherwin Williams. I did not like sales and wanted to move to a different department. There seemed to be no opportunities that did not involve working retail.
a job thats good for summer work
associate (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIApril 18, 2016
This is a good summer job only, there is little to no advancement and no real hours during the winter with no one painting. there is no more to tell i dont know why you people want a papragraph one nothing but i will keep putting nothing
Pros
its work
Cons
not enough hours, employer doesnt care about there employees much
Exicting Company with a lot of potential for growth
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 18, 2016
My 4 years at Sherwin Williams were amazing. I learned almost everything from dealing with customers to hiring new staff. The management team was always eager and willing to help when help was needed. I would recommend Sherwin Williams to anyone looking to get into a retail level management position.
Pros
Work Environment, Work/Life Balance, Colleagues, Flexibility
Cons
No Commission on sales, Store open too late
A great paint store that provides excellent customer service
Sales Specialist/Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 17, 2016
Great company that provides excellent training to it's employees and managerial staff alike. I liked the job because it gave the opportunity to develop my managerial skill even further. The hardest part of the job was learning all of its product lines and its purposes. I love the job but they need to provide better advancement opportunities for all employed there.
Pros
Great training as a third key/ assistant manager trainee
Cons
Company doesn't provide advancement without a college dagree
Hard work and hard to move up
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXApril 14, 2016
Its an ok paying job. A lot of labor but still fun to do. If working with a good group of people your job will go by quick. Very good benefits
productive and fun place to work
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 13, 2016
clock in, get the packing slips to give to the installers, cut any orders of carpet that wasnt done the day before. file the packing slips in the installer folders. get the installers loaded and have them sign the slip and send them on their way. when finished with the installers, continue cutting carpet for the next day, and getting orders together.
Pros
its a job
Cons
no full time, no benifits, bi-weekly pay.
Awesome
Commercial Driver (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 12, 2016
Good job. Great co-workers, and a lot of opportunity to work up within the company. They tend to no have enough people on staff at times though.
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
Staffing
Great company to grow with
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 11, 2016
Moved up through promotion as I gained experince.They do this with most new empoyees and it seems to help maintain lower turnover.
Pros
Nice salary
Cons
HR does not help train well enough.
Great experience to broaden my work horizon
Color Associate (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 11, 2016
Sherwin Williams was a great learning experience, I enjoyed learning about paint and other home improvement topics. It helped me broaden my work horizon and quicken my learning skills.
Incredible
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDApril 8, 2016
I have nothing but good things to say about my employment at sherwin williams. I enjoy the things that i learn as well as the people and the customers that come in.
sherwin william review
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLApril 8, 2016
Sherwin Williams was a great company to work for the only thing bad about the company is its hard to get in . also the company has new equiptment which makes life easier.
Pros
everything
Cons
hard to get in
Enjoyed 27 years of Paint Sales
Technical Chemical Coatings Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 6, 2016
I love the Fox Valley area and am looking forward to working with another company in the same or different field.I am immediate availible for interviews and hire if the opportunities are available.
A good place for advancement
Decorative Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAApril 5, 2016
Great communication between coworkers. Excellent intelligent management. Fast paced work environment. Providing customers with exceptional service and educating them in product knowledge.