Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews

Found 1,543 reviews matching the search
Great Company
Intern (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 19, 2017
I loved working here, besides carrying the heavy 10 gallon paint tubs. they have great pay, great benefits, and the opportunity for growth is great. I would work here if again if i could.
Fast-paced, good customer service
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lincoln NEJuly 19, 2017
The job has a lot of variety, teamwork, and opportunities to learn. I help a lot of customers and also do things like stock shelves and unload shipments. I have become familiar with colors and types of paints
Pros
Good teamwork
Cons
No benefits
A recent employee
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Helena, ARJuly 18, 2017
A typical day at Sherwin Williams was unpredictable. You sometimes didn't know from what day to the next on how sales were going to be. Somedays we had 20 customers other days we would see 3 customers. I leaned a lot about paint and how to match paint colors. My DM was not understanding at all. He gave goals that were not realistic for the area I was in. I hired diversity at my store. The hardest part of the job was keeping management over me happy. The most enjoyable part of the job was flexibility. I was able to have a life outside of store hours.
Pros
store manager, flexible, vacation time off
Cons
unrealistic goals
Good place to start a career
Financial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 18, 2017
I was fortunate to have an opportunity to have worked so long at a place that gave me a chance to advance and be educated on how a corporation works. They also took time to reward you when your work is above standard, but is nearly impossible to meet.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
HIgh work volume with under staffing
As a warehouse associated I was required to do a lot of physically demanding work.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 18, 2017
Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
Receive and count stock items and record data manually or by using a computer.
Cons
Didn't pay enough for the work that was done.
Great Place To work
Printer Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 18, 2017
I would print papers print books adjust the printer to settings for different uses of the printer copy papers fam email any paper work I would handle.
Caribbean Export District Coordinator
Caribbean District Export Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 17, 2017
• Volume – 15 million in Annual Sales
• General office work which includes general Human Resource responsibility such as process new hire paperwork, background check, Gems system entry and payroll.
• Involved in the stores and personnel corporate training program.
• Coordinate sales events and presentations and all district meetings.
• Work with Caribbean customers with their sales needs and process all export documentation for all orders leaving the United States.
Great place to learn sales and business tactics
3rd key holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLJuly 17, 2017
Good place to learn the basics if your new to retail and sales. They offer really good benefits and they are willing to pay for further education. Managers are willing to teach you what they know
Pros
easy to work for if you pay attention
Cons
pay could be a little bit better
Money and ROI are prioritized over employees
SALES AND SERVICE REPRESENTITIVE (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH & Detroit, MIJuly 16, 2017
Tasks and responsibilities are endless and require more personal time that what is included in the salary. Although the pay is well and the position taught me numerous things regarding sales and marketing, it is soul sucking.
Fast Paced, Good Work Culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXJuly 16, 2017
Having never had in depth education regarding paint myself, the company did well to properly train new employees in products sold. The limited number of employees allowed for better development of cooperation between colleagues and increased productivity.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Lack of defined break periods
Company is too set on making more money
Paint Mixer/sales associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2017
The people I worked with were alright, but the company as a whole is ridiculous. They focus on mainly just making more sales and money as a whole and don't worry much about their employees. We are just a number to them!
Pros
Cons
healthcare, compensation
Customer Services, sales, stocking,
Customer Service and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, ILJuly 12, 2017
Sherwin Williams is an outstanding company with excellent products. I work with contractors and retail customers. I enjoy helping people and meeting their needs.
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
Very physical, low starting wage
Productive and interesting work place
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Round Lake, ILJuly 12, 2017
I get to work with some good people as far as the staff goes. I have very flexible hours which helps with the home life. I have some customer that I enjoy seeing on a daily basis and have great conversations and learn a lot about their craft from them.
A great starter position right out of college
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAJuly 12, 2017
I couldn't have asked for a better position out of college. It offered me structure and their training program was amazing. The on the job training was second to none.
Sales Oriented
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FLJuly 11, 2017
Working for SW for a few short years since they bought out the company I was originally working for. Allowed over time, made 40 plus hours as an assistant manager. Sales oriented.
fun up beat
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 11, 2017
I had a great experience i just was not there that long as an employee because of it being a temporary job.
the company is a great company to work for if you have the time to work for them
Pros
free lunch somtimes
Cons
lifting a lot of boxes
Limited work hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Redmond, ORJuly 11, 2017
They hire a lot of people but then do not have enough hours for everyone. The people that get scheduled a lot of hours do not go to work and the people that get get scheduled little hours are always working longer than scheduled. everyone works part time even if they are hired full time
management
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Bedford Heights, OHJuly 11, 2017
doesn't tell you anything and they have a lot of lay offs. management doesn't approve of the union and does everything to under mind them. employees have no sense of job security
Decent place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJuly 10, 2017
mix paint, help customers. I honed my efficiency, working faster with minimal amount of work. Good managers, 1 bad assistant, other assistant is good.
Pros
school schedule priorities
Cons
no benefits for part-time
meeting customer needs
Application Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 10, 2017
Inbound calls in a call center setting. Resolving analytical problems.
Generating reports and working as a team to solve critical warehouse related issues.
Pros
Fun co-workers, team environment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sherwin-Williams. Our community is ready to answer.