Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews

Found 1,265 reviews matching the search
productive and great place to work. great benefits and pay
Picker (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 24, 2017
Day starts off with a meeting of the daily workload, assign areas, and other important information for the day. You stay busy working all day, but not bearing or too much on one person. The whole job experience was amazing from the moment I had the interview, to orientation, to training, to working. The best warehouse job in Waco.
manager trainee program is really entry level work" beware"
Store Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 23, 2017
working in busy understaffed paint store with unrealistic expectations from upper management. only given part time associates that are unmotivated and lazy. not a lot of incentive other than your pay check which is underpaid by every indicator . No support and my observation and experience showed me that they only want to get warm bodies in the paint stores and after that they have no incentive nor concern for you as an employee.
Pros
Cons
more cons than pros make it your very last option to accept employment here
Great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSFebruary 23, 2017
Loved the work and clients and the hours were great. The pay was very manage able with the liVing expenses for that area.

M
Productive job w/ great benefits
BRANCH SALES COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLFebruary 22, 2017
Dealing with multiple customers in a fast-paced environment. Answering a multi-line telephone and documenting customer orders and transactions. Processing multiple payments and handling cash. There is an extensive amount of knowledge to gain from this job. There are multiple tiers of management and that an entry-level employee has access to with proper requirements met. The job is incredibly labor-intensive, but the job security and full-time benefits are above average.
Pros
benefits, above minimum wage, 401k
Exciting work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILFebruary 22, 2017
Management is a driving force in this company's ability to grow in the future. Fun work place as you never knew what you were going to get next.
Terrible place to work
High Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 22, 2017
The night manager picks on employees if he doesn't like them he gives them a lot of robot tags to make it hard for them to make their numbers at the end of the night! He's a bully and it's not fair to others who have a family to support and lose their job because of him
Pros
Nothing nothing
Cons
All management
High Stress Environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 22, 2017
Management is more involved with Politics then actual work load. Always understaffed no matter what store you are at. The worst part of the job is dealing with upper management they care nothing for the employees only sales. The most enjoyable part is the people that work in store with you they are generally good people under the same stress as everyone else.
Productive working workplace, with very good co-workers.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Patchogue, NYFebruary 22, 2017
A typical workday is me customer servicing, providing quality information for customers, and making sales calls. I also make deliveries to customer job sites/establishments.
Not my cup of tea
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  East Islip, NYFebruary 21, 2017
The job was great if you wanted to be micromanaged and have more non sales related work to do then generate sales. The opportunity for growth depended on the territory. Sr. reps who have been there longer have control over the top painters in the industry. Those top painters also affect the smaller guys who always get outbid.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Micromanagement
Part Time Sales Associate
Part Time Sales Associate/Key holder (Former Employee) –  Clark Summit, PAFebruary 21, 2017
What a wonderful company to work for and the pay for PT could be better but they do give you vacation time/sick time and 401k as a part time employee.
Flexible with the scheduling and is a great job for college student or retiree looking to make some extra money.
Typical day is waiting on customers, mixing paint and stocking shelves. Management is terrific and the workplace environment is easy going and relaxed.
Hardest part of the job is the unloading of the truck.
Pros
Scheduling time/family mix
Cons
No cons to speak of.
Great company
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 19, 2017
great atmosphere, fair pay, excellent management. Relaxed environment, easy on boarding, tons of opportunities. Never had a bad day or anything here. Highly recommended!
Fun, organized and on point
Part Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Keizer, ORFebruary 17, 2017
I love this company it is a way to grow as a person. Although I'm applying for other jobs sherwin Williams will always be family. Sherwin Williams is a worldwide company which in my eyes is the best paint company ever
Great Company
District Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 17, 2017
The company has great product lines that are superb in quality and have a worldwide presence. Work life balance is exhibited. In three years I had three different bosses with three different philosophies so, I had to adjust to change. That was not the hardest part of the job. The hardest part of the job was coming in to the office knowing you wanted more of a career based on your prior experience and there was no where to go besides being a store manager or moving. I had set personal goals when I hired to grow myself in the third year.
Pros
offers great work life balance
Cons
Healthcare..advancement outside of just moving to run a store
Productive, fun atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Willowick, OHFebruary 16, 2017
The managers treat you with respect and in a very professional way even from the first day I started there. I learned customer service skills and how to multi task while still full-filling customer needs. The most enjoyable part was the relaxed and fun atmosphere all of the employees created there.
Pros
Employee Discount
Not recommended
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAFebruary 16, 2017
Sherwin Williams is a stressful company. They have really good products for all their paint but working for the company is not ideal. Management is not very reliable and it is very difficult to move up in the company even with a degree.
Pros
product knowledge
Cons
stressful
Great, stable company, excellent benefits!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAFebruary 15, 2017
Great opportunities for growth
Excellent benefits
Good management training program
Developed long lasting relationship-building skills
Dedicated team members
Nice Work Place
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 12, 2017
Sherwin Williams is a great company to work for. The work environment is great, management is great. Its an easy fast paste job. It doe require a lot of heavy lifting but all in all it is a very great job.
Productive and Enjoyable.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 12, 2017
I love my job and my work crew we have a lot of fun! A typical summer day is fast-paced always slammed. You rarely have a minute to use the restroom or grab a drink of water. This view point is working at a commercial location, not at a residential location. You have to learn how to take orders, work the out-dated computer system, tint and match paint colors, place calls, proper customer service care, unloading a truck with 16+ pallets four days a week, and establish rapport with the customer base. I do enjoy working there and it does pay okay. We are all normally in a good mood for the day, the fast paced work environment makes for a quick day. I have never woken up with the attitude of dreading going into work, so that's a plus. I have been there for over a year. The only downside to the company is they only let you work a maximum of 28 hours a week in the winter time, which this winter we have still been slammed because of all the nice weather. In the summer time we are allowed to work a little more. I think they should allow more Full time employees at a store, and so do the people I work with. I do not see that happening. There is advancement opportunities with Sherwin if you have a degree....it doesn't matter what your degree is in if you have it, chances are you'll be hired. They also hire a lot of college students as part-time. Overall I do like working for them, your work crew is family.
Fun place to work and something different everyday.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hope, ARFebruary 12, 2017
Typical day involved waiting on wholesale and retail customers and doing paperwork, managing employees and inventory. Things changed everyday which made things interesting.
Challenging and structured
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COFebruary 11, 2017
A good starting postion and led to advancement later, taught me to be prompt and enjoyable after many months of learning and practice
I delivered and shipped paint and supplies - product knowledge was instructed. Co manager was pleasant to be around, manager was slightly stern, did enjoy the experience overall.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sherwin-Williams. Our community is ready to answer.