Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews

Found 1,604 reviews matching the search
Great learning enviornment for foundation into management
Operational Manager (Current Employee) –  The Colony, TXAugust 20, 2017
I enjoyed my time there learning about new aspects into managing a store, operations, and developing a several different marketing segments from helping first time customers to multi million dollar large volume customers
Education in Paint and etc is great for side learning, loved my manager
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAAugust 20, 2017
My manager was professional but fun. We all loved working there. He was dismissed on a false accusation by the assistant manager at the time, caused some store drama. Everyone quit afterwards, store basically re-set itself. The Paint training and online training from Sherwin about home care and paint actually helps me figure out what's best for me and my future home. Good resources to know and have, good advice for friends and customers. Great job to have while I was in college, flexible but fixed during the summer so you could count on your hours with the occasional opportunity to take over an empty shift.
Pros
Knowledge and Training benefits
Cons
New Management
Great Company, Great Benefits
Marketing Specialist - Performance Coatings Group (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 20, 2017
I enjoy working for this company, and I love my job. I have a lot of autonomy with what I do, and I'm faced with a new challenge every day. Great benefits package (401, pension).
Good Place for College Students
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MIAugust 20, 2017
No experience needed and can explain knowledge and network by being proficient in the company. Compensation isn't the greatest for what is expected when needed, but the down time at most stores compensates for the lack of.
Learning and Growth are the Beginning
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAAugust 19, 2017
I firmly believe this is a great company to work for if you're looking for your first job. You'll learn a lot not only about the company and its products, but also information you can easily carry over to another company and job. If you set yourself apart and work hard, you'll climb easily. With this company you won't be treated as a mere number or print. You'll have direct impacts on a lot of variables you won't realize at first but if given time, the fruits of your labor will amaze you. I definitely recommond you start here.
Pros
Great training, discounts, work that pays off
Cons
It's Customer Service so you'll know what's coming
Great place to work for a corporate job, paid well
Custom Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 19, 2017
I love working for Sherwin Williams corporate at Head Quarters. This is a 830-5 job with an hour lunch. Low stress in Customer Service, a ton of opportunities for advancement and an environment that encourages you to move up. About 3,000 employees commute downtown to work here.

It pays pretty well for a customer service rep. And you're given a good about of responsibility. I started at 42,500 and moved up to the next pay grade after a year to 47,500
fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIAugust 17, 2017
Managers are very understanding and helpful. its a face paced work place and easy going everyone is friendly. they just need more full time position at Sherwin Williams.
Pros
very friendly
Cons
n\a
Overall a good experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 16, 2017
Ability to move up in the company. Management and co-workers are great. Pay could be a lot better for Full-Time employees. A lot of product knowledge needed, and customers usually don't like to deal with new employees.
Pros
Ability to move up in the company.
Cons
Not enough compensation.
look for a better place
3rd Key (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 16, 2017
upper management is a joke. They harass, demise, condescend, part timers, not so much managers of the store but most of upper management in headquarters, at least for the district I was located at.
Typical day
Title - Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 16, 2017
The typical day involved selling people paint and not being forced to write a review just to post a resume on this site. Its very annoying and I don't like it.
Productive and Educational Work Environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 16, 2017
Sherwin Williams is a place that makes you realize how much communication is a vital factor in the customer service industry. Working here, one has to always ask themselves, "Did I get enough information from the client?" With something as permanent as paint, 1 gallon to 5 gallons can mean the difference of a job well done or a job that needs a repaint.
Pros
Great Coworkers
awsome company
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 16, 2017
I was forced to resign , I had social and medical reasons for low performance and resulting in losing my job,there were family matters that I should have brought to there attention,
Good Work Life Balance Sales Position
Sales Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 16, 2017
The great thing about this job is that you can make your own schedule. You are able to start your day and end your day when you please as long as you work 8 hours. There's a lot of driving involved and your drive time is included in your 8 hour day. I usually started my day around 9 am and I would visit one Lowe's store, check in with management, fill and order new color chips, train employees, mix paint and help customers and then move on to the next store. I'd spend about 3 hours at each store, taking my lunch in between stops.

While a lot of freedom was definitely a perk to this job, it was also a job of constant demands from both customers and management. Constant phone calls, emails, and projects with tasks to be completed at each of your stores was a constant. I managed about 10 stores in the beginning and would go to 2 per day, all 10 within the week. After the company hired more employees, I went to 8 stores and only went to my slower stores once every other week and my face paced stores multiple times per week.

Every year there's a national sales meeting that you are able to attend and there is occasional travel for regional meetings.

Overall I would say working for Sherwin-Williams has been a good experience. It's a good position for someone who likes sales.

Not sure what to say about job security. Within the stores I would say it's good. For this particular position, it's within a different business unit of the company and there was just a major lay off since the company acquired another. 200 people lost their jobs.
Pros
Good work/life balance, decent pay, good benefits with stock options, make your own schedule, travel, company credit card, some meals expensed when travelling
Cons
Lots of tasks to do with little time to complete, constant misfirings between Lowe's & SW management, no office to work from, Lowe's understaffed & rep expected to cover
Good company
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 15, 2017
An average day at work is hard, but if you have the right employees it could be fun. I learned a lot of managerial experience by working with company, however this company doesn't recognize their employees on merit.
Pros
Fun and friendly environment
Cons
Lack of advancement
Easy going but at times stressful.
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Bel Aire, KSAugust 15, 2017
The store I work in is very well managed. Both my bosses are very friendly and care about your general well-being. In downtime when there isn't much to do they like you to clean and organize the store. When the store gets busy with customers the staff helps each other out the best they can.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no overtime
Decorative Paint Specialist
Decorative Paint Specialist (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORAugust 15, 2017
I do some in-home consultations as well as work with residential home owners and commercial contractors. The work place is friendly and very laid back.
Pros
Good client experience
Cons
slow paced
good
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WAAugust 15, 2017
great place to work as a person that likes working if you like working than work for sw because they sell lots of paint to people that need paint alot
Coatings manufacturer with over a century of innovative product development and company growth in the global market.
Market Manager (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORAugust 14, 2017
Sherwin Williams has sustained well over a century of strong sales growth driven by a dedication to being an industry leader in product development and a keen sense of what is expected by the end consumer.
Pros
Salary, Benefits
Cons
Difficult to move up without ability to relocate.
Productive day
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 14, 2017
Helping out customers with their paint projects. Making sure inventory is controlled to be able to provide enough paint for contractors. Also providing paint knowledge and advice to DIY customers. Also making sales calls, to check up on contractors who haven't stopped by recently.
Pros
Great vibe with co workers, contractors are friendly.
Cons
fast paced, dealing with multiple orders at the same time
fun
R&D Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHAugust 14, 2017
great management, work environment great staff fun environment to work in great owners amazing fun atmosphere i would love to work there again and aways enjoyed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sherwin-Williams. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval