Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews

Found 1,654 reviews matching the search
Extremely Productive and Busy
Williams, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 18, 2017
Sherwin is a well run company that gets very hectic at times. When I worked for them there had been some pretty rough weather and lots of people needed paint for their homes. Throughout the day you are making orders and helping customers. At times it can be overwhelming but at the end of the day its pretty rewarding. I loved my coworkers and management and I was always treated fairly.
Pros
Busy, Rewarding, Chance of Advancement
Cons
Some physical labor, pushy customers
Good Company
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 17, 2017
Great place to just do your job and leave. They pay well and provide many different career opportunities. I still receive stocks from them even though I have not worked there for years.
Excellent Management and great customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Derry, NHSeptember 16, 2017
Management was very personable, the work was very easy and at times it was fast paced. Great customers relations. Customers would ask me for advice on all sorts of different projects.The hours were great the management worked around my home life schedule. Handled big accounts for painting companies. Twice a week I would unload pallets off a truck with a fork lift that was very fun. The hardest part of my job was unloading products off the pellets and onto the sales floor.
Very productive place to work.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ashland, KYSeptember 16, 2017
Working here was very interesting. You had always have to be on your toes and ready for what's coming next. Everyday is different. You never know what is going to happen.
Sherwin Williams
Manager (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOSeptember 16, 2017
A good place to work: quick advancement and compensates employees well. Jobs can be stressful, but you are rewarded directly/ immediately for your hard work.
Interesting and fun place to work
3rd Key Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Derby, KSSeptember 15, 2017
Interesting and fun place to work. Go through 6 months of training and chances to move up to getting a third key to open and close the store other than the manager and assistant manager. Fun people to work with, can't move up to manager position without degree.
Great and excellent company
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  La Porte, INSeptember 14, 2017
Would recommend to anyone who is interested in a sales career. It is a 5 star compony with 5 star employees. Enjoyed every minute if my job and only wished they offered more hours.
Pros
Great worling environtment
Cons
Not a lot of hours for non managers
Physically Challenging but fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 14, 2017
Sherwin Williams is the best company I have worked for. I have had the opportunity to transfer to different locations depending on where I was going to school. A small staff helps give working at the store a family feel.
Pros
small staff
Cons
heavy lifting
What I learned
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 14, 2017
With the help of my manager and field representatives I leaned how to organize myself. I also learned how to prioritize what's important from what I could do later.
sherwin williams
Paint Technician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 14, 2017
go to work and mix paint i would work 12-6 everyday after class to make extra money on the side because i needed to pay rent and pay for bills and diesel
The managers at Sherwin Williams are great
ASSISTANT SALESMAN (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INSeptember 13, 2017
I enjoyed working at Sherwin Williams. My manager was quite understanding of my busy college schedule. Just about every manager that I worked under was a joy to work with.
Pros
Great leadership
Productive and fun working environment with friendly staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WASeptember 12, 2017
I enjoyed working for Sherwin Williams. It was nice working with regular customers and maintaining a rapport with them. Managers made sure I got the experience and training needed to do my job successfully. The staff was fun easy-going group of people to work with. Overall I had a pleasant working experience with Sherwin Williams. Its a wonderful company to be apart of as a customer or employee.
Terrible Corporate culture.
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Santee, CASeptember 12, 2017
They don't offer raises or advancement to anybody who's isn't already in a management position. They reward poor managers who have terrible numbers while failing to retain exemplary talent. Their wages are very poor in a management track, especially for a company that requires a business degree. Their favored tactic is to take someone fresh out of college and barely retain them for 2 years at a very low wage.
Pros
paid vacation and a 401k
Cons
poor culture and terrible management.
N/a
Global Indirect Sourcing Buyer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 11, 2017
The Sherwin-Williams Company recently went through an acquisition phase. I do enjoy working with the company but things have been chaotic for a time (as expected). I would recommend this company to others as I enjoy the culture and the management. It is a very hierarchal corporation, top-down.
cool work place
Lead Driver (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CASeptember 8, 2017
you get to drive everywhere, contractors are mostly cool, little no girls though(that sucks) occasionally run into know it all's that have no clue, some slow days, some fast days, depends on your store
Pros
good enviroment
Cons
weak hours
Good place to work, can be difficult to move up the ladder but not impossible, fast paced, and plenty of work to do.
Full Time Sales (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHSeptember 7, 2017
Overall a good place to work. They give you room to grow but might take longer than expected. Sherwin Williams gives you the tools to figure out the products and teach you to be better at your job.
Currently employed
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 6, 2017
Great place to work and learn all aspects of business. You are able to make a ton of money if you put the work in. Work-life balance is compromised when you are going after big bonuses.
Pros
potential money and job stability, growing company
Cons
can be very 'corporate' at times, potential higher salary elsewhere.
Training
Williams, Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 5, 2017
The Management Training Program is excellent for someone who has just graduated or looking to change careers. It is very challenging and you will learn a lot!
Pros
Automomy
Cons
Must work Saturdays and long hours
Great environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2017
Great company just not really any room to advance after management. The managers and the CFO are very kind and even the regional and sales managers are great
Great company to start working with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 4, 2017
Started out after I graduated high school. I didn't get full time when I first joined, but it was a great experience for me. I overall enjoyed the company and staff.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not enough hours when I first started

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sherwin-Williams. Our community is ready to answer.