Sherwin-Williams

Sherwin-Williams United States Employee Reviews

Loss Prevention, Safety, Investigations, training.
Regional Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAApril 17, 2015
Pros: Travel, great leadership, diversity, training, partnership with operations and Human Resources.
Cons: Position was relocated to Southern CA. My goal was to retire with Sherwin Williams.
Within the Loss Prevention Department, I conducted internal investigations and interviews. Worked with local law enforcement, conducted safety training classes, etc. I covered six states, and helped support the operations department, built relationships, and ensured stores were properly secured.
Wonderful place to begin a career in management
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Ellicott City, MDApril 14, 2015
The sales training at Sherwin-Williams is top of the line. However, I would benefit more from employee/professional development training in addition to the sales training we receive. For the most part, upper management is very engaged and supportive of employees in the retail stores. Amazing company to work for. Their support and training gives employees confidence, and teaches them transferable skills that will make them an asset to any company.
sherwin williams is a great place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VAApril 13, 2015
Pros: stock purchase plan
Cons: working weekends
Sherwin Williams is a great place to work, It is challenging and can be very rewarding as a manager financially and mentally. The only drawback is working weekends, but that's retail.
Great Job
Assistant Manager Trainee (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 12, 2015
It's a great job. Lots of room for growth and competitive pay. They teach you everything you need to know to succeed. As long as you take every opportunity to learn seriously you will definitely succeed in the company.
Great Company
Project Manager (Current Employee), cleveland, ohApril 12, 2015
Established global leader in it's market, which continues to grow and increase profits.

Healthy work environment, supportive management and executive team.
Great Company to work for
Assistant Manager of Operations (Current Employee), Cincinnati OhioApril 7, 2015
They are a great company that pays very well when you are first starting out. The job can be demanding at tine but, you take it one day at a time.
Fast paced job .
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLApril 7, 2015
Pros: Covering everything in the world with color
Cons: lack of advancement without a degree
Fast paced job with emphasis on getting product to contractors to complete their jobs in a timely fashion. The great focus of the team to get the product matched to color specs and the hard work that goes into bringing it all together made the time fly .
stable large firm with some nice benefits
Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 6, 2015
It is a decent place to work and most of the people there are pleasant and OK to be around 8 hours a day. You can work somewhat independently but have to be able to fold into the team when needed. Management for the most part is fine and do not micro manage.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Columbus, INApril 4, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers
Cons: Learning everything that was needed for the job
A typical day was going in and helping as many customers as possible with any questions they had about anything we offered. I learned a lot about being able to help customers as well as patience. The hardest part of the job was learning everything I needed to to be able to ensure I could help customers as they needed.
Productive and fun work environment free coffee
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAApril 4, 2015
Pros: Free coffee and breaks whenever you needed them
Cons: No benefits for part timers
I enjoyed working for this company. The clientele was good, the managers knew the store and products, and my co workers were always friendly and energetic as was I.
Good Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pueblo, COApril 3, 2015
Sherwin is a great company to work for if your looking for part time work but once yo need a full time job their hands are tied and there's no opportunities to get full time unless you apply for a management position.
Very Productive place to work where you learn how to manage your time.
Third Key Manager & Driver (Current Employee), Newton, NJApril 2, 2015
Overall its a great company to work for, but its a little difficult to advance as they don't have many job openings to apply for within.
Sherwin Williams' Lifestyle
Receiving Warehouse Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Deshler, OHApril 1, 2015
Pros: Clean facility that operated with integrity and a conscious mind on delivering quality products.
Cons: Working with employees who no longer had a passion for their work.
I began as a production Worker. SW training was hands-on. Expectation was that daily/hourly rate would be met or exceeded. Essential to understand all operations and be proficient at same. Always be alert to how the process could be streamlined to either provide for increased productivity or improved safety.
As the first female machine operator I learned an understanding of how the machine(s) worked and was responsible for basic maintenance as well as daily/hourly production rate.
As Group leader I had to be proficient on all operations within my sphere of responsibility. Must be able to order necessary supplies for the production areas, operate tow motor and utilize wrap machinery as well as operate each piece of machinery. I was responsible for my team making production initiatives.
As warehouse rep and later warehouse assistant supervisor I had to check in and store all receivables and provide said materials to production lines as needed. I also assisted with order picking and loading as necessary. I had knowledge of all inventory and it's location.
Automovtive paints
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Monrovia, CAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: good people to work for.
Cons: far drive
Work for 7 1/2 years started as driver and moved up to color mixer then a warehouse supervisor. Was in charge of 15 people, did ordering of supplies and routing of drivers.
Productive place to work
Branch Coordinator - Sales (Current Employee), Brooklyn Park, MNMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Flexiable hours
Cons: Not enough hours
A typical work day for me would be like assist customers by determining needs and presenting appropriate products and services, Handle customer inquiries via the telephone by providing accurate information regarding products and taking care of orders by customers, and ensure sales transactions are completed accurately. My co-workers are very helpful. They understand how to run a good company and they helped me along when I didn't know what to do at a particular moment. The hardest part of the job was getting comfortable with using the phone to take down orders from customers. I have been improving daily with that. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I'm not alone. I love to work with others when I'm working.
Good company
Sales Representative, Greater Chicagoland Area (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Good benefits and people
Cons: Retail end was not enjoyable environment
The 1st company I worked for after college. Enjoyed job and felt I was treated fairly. Had aspirations of working for family business so left SW.
Good and sturdy company
Oracle Database Administration PA (Current Employee), clevelandMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Fair compencation
Cons: Average health insurance
It is a good company to work for. It is doing very well financially and respects its employees. Management does not push too hard. Coworkers are friendly and wish to help you and advance company. Hardest part of the job is to get used to its size, but on other hand it has nice, professional culture and attitude.
upper management has no new vision
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), FloridaMarch 22, 2015
Great place to work but management needs to grow with emerging business times. Definitely a good company right after college but if you do not buy into their philosophy you will hit a ceiling
Work Environment
Customer Service Paint Specialist (Former Employee), Carolina, PRMarch 21, 2015
A typical day always depends on the job title. Sometimes it can be slow and sometimes it can be busy. I would recommend you read the job description before you accept the job.
productive
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Crisfield, MDMarch 20, 2015
Pros: great involvement by co-workers
Cons: hot environment during summer months
It's a fast productive job,but your learning how to work as a team with other co-workers. Management is ok but are always willing to help find a solution. The hardest part about the job is that during the summer months it can get hot within the building due to high temperatures.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sherwin-Williams

No matter how you coat it, Sherwin-Williams is one of the largest paint manufacturers in the US and worldwide (along with Akzo-Nobel, – Read more

Sherwin-Williams Salaries