Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews

Found 1,169 reviews matching the search
Management is terrible
Mixer Operator (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GADecember 1, 2016
This used to be a good place to work, but over the last few years it has declined rapidly. Management does not care about employees, too much overtime, we can never do enough, constantly told how bad we are performing. Managers lay all the blame on supervision, but they are spread too thin. Management is not present amongst the work force. Constantly being told how broke the plant is, yet management has no problem feeding theselves lunch with company money.
If you do a good job you are given more work. If you don't do a good job you are ignored and allowed to sit around. Advancement is based on the good ole boy network, not ability or qualifications. Good workers are leaving rapidly, while the bad workers are still hanging around.
Also, expect that managers will share your personal information with others. There is no such thing as confidentiality. Retirement plan for hourly workers is basically non existent.
Pros
Compensation is ok.
Cons
Best place I ever had the privilege to work at
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXDecember 1, 2016
I loved this job. Production/machine operation was not only exciting, but attention to detail was the most important thing. 11/10 would work there again
Fast pace workplace and fun
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 30, 2016
A typical day includes daily store operations, mixing paint for DIY customers and contractors. Assist in determining staffing needs, recruit store employees accordingly with proper approval and establish work schedule as appreciate. You have to remain knowledgeable on products offered and discuss available optionsIt's very sales driven! You have to make sales calls and accomplish sales goals.
good place to work
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZNovember 29, 2016
Fun and challenging work place. Great customers, good pace and great experiences in management. I would recommend this as a place for anyone who wants both a physical and mental challenge daily.
Pros
great customers
Cons
strict policies
Easy lay back job at sherwin williams for the most part.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYNovember 29, 2016
I clock in at 7:30 and from there I look on the "deliver" bored to separate the paper work to see what goes first to last. After that I start to load the truck up starting what goes last to first that makes it easier for me when I unload the truck. Then I start my day driving and doing my delivers.
Great career
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, ARNovember 28, 2016
great place to work and varied day. You can really make a solid career with this company. You will always have great benefits and great pay. It is a good place.
They saw my experience and not my baby bump
Central Area Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CONovember 28, 2016
This company was an awesome place to work. Although very quiet and not a lot of people, I really enjoyed the environment. I was in my third trimester when hired for this position. They saw my potential and my work ethic instead of just my baby bump. They saved my life and I am forever grateful!
Productive environment
Driver/tinter (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 28, 2016
Excellent work place and wonderful staff. One does not feel out of place and help is right there if needed. Friendly environement and safety is their main concern.
Fast pace, Good company to make a career out from
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 27, 2016
In a typical day at Sherwin Williams Company your day was mostly filled with supplying customers with thee best service possible, going above and beyond. Also as assistant manager making sure the staff and orders were being done properly. The hardest part of the position was managing time between office work and assisting employees to make sure things are running smoothly. The best part of the job is when you receive a "Thank you" from a customer, also when you successfully teach a employee the proper way to do things.
Pros
satisfying the customer with your product knowledge and building their trust
Cons
Not much time in a day to eat a warm lunch, also Sherwin Williams MTP program
Good job if you're willing to work hard, limited advancement potential.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNNovember 26, 2016
This is a good job if you don't mind getting your hands dirty and a little heavy lifting.
My main concern is that it's difficult to advance into management without either a college degree or entering their management trainee program.
Pros
Good benefits, steady hours
Cons
Heavy lifting, limited advancement potential
Not professional
Production Manager/On-site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Baltimore, MINovember 25, 2016
My boss was very submissive and would allow certain workers to perform jobs poorly with no consequences. However, the environment created on the job site was fun and energetic.
Friendly co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYNovember 24, 2016
It can be slow on some days. My co-workers are pretty cool even the manager. the hardest part is lifting all the heavy things. Most enjoyable part is being able to just chill. Training is a bit fast. Only way to learn is to either teach yourself and repetition.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Pay
Very Productive
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSNovember 23, 2016
I actually loved working at this particular place in tupelo. I love the people I worked with and the enviroment. They made me fun very comfortable at peace.
Great Place
Sr. Data Analyst (MDM) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 21, 2016
Lots of accountability across the board for: meetings, reports, assisting other departments vendor handling lead follow-ups, customer issues related to all leads, system glitches that require extensive follow up with vendors, product knowledge, and a host of other responsibilities.
Not enough hours
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 20, 2016
Cannot move up to management because I have to be full time first, but will not offer me full time. I am the hardest worker in this specific store, very committed but being a single mother, i cannot stay here.
Sherwin Williams
Warehouse Manager/Supervisor/full time (Former Employee) –  Oxford, FLNovember 20, 2016
Worked for Sherwin Williams for a year and wasn't advanced for my pay. Was told on many occasions it was coming but my manager's never put time in to fill out the appraisal properly.should have been full time raise,3rd key raise, then appraisal. Had to open and close a store and take bank deposit even though I wasn't 3rd key but just a full time. I worked hard for Sherwin Williams and basically just got put to the back of the burner. Stayed at 9.50$ the whole year. Was told by my manager and others I will get a raise of 10.80 which is the same pay a part time 3rd key makes. That is withholding my dollar raise because I was full time. Other than that and the occasional cranky contractor it was smooth..
Loved the team. Great work Experience.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pell City, ALNovember 19, 2016
I was a sales associate. We sold paint to indivuals/companies.
. Liked the staff.
.Management was very understanding and respectful.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Good Company to work for
Services Coordinator/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Wyoming, MINovember 17, 2016
This is a really good company to work for. There is a lot of room for growth if you are interested in retail management positions. The employees are all really great people and making working there a lot of fun.
Overall a good job experience
Division Training Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PANovember 17, 2016
I had the pleasure of sustaining various levels of management. Mentoring employees during their training periods was satisfying knowing my effective communication skills assisted in the growth towards their career goals.

Carrying out logistics is an important phase in bringing together events in a timely matter. Fellow employees were able to have detailed information at hand, therefore, being well prepared.

Effectively overseeing the office work flow required making sound judgments and key financial decisions. I had valuable relationships with employees, clients, vendors and visitors.
simple
Sales Associate/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Naugatuck, CTNovember 16, 2016
the work was ok. room to move up in the company if the work is put in. corporate was always to deal with ad reasonable. no complaints.