Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews in United States

Same
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXMay 25, 2016
Like I said in the last review overall its a ok job, good if you are a part- timer trying to make thorough school, but not for a career.
Pros
Good Team
Cons
Messy
Great experience!
Assistant Manager/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXMay 25, 2016
This company allowed me to grow both as a person and an employee. I enjoyed the daily challenges and pace at which the days went.
Decent company depending on you region, store location and DM
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Redford, MIMay 24, 2016
Another top performing company with good intentions but poor initiatives. Career growth is dependent on the location of your store and the ability of your shoppers to buy paint at $50-$60 a gallon. In well off suburban neighborhoods this is a fantastic sales approach but in urban areas where household incomes border on the poverty line, its terrible. Most of the money that you want to make comes in the form of quarterly bonuses. Without making these bonuses, which hinge completely on gallons sold and $ per gallon, you end up taking home a very modest salary. The controllable bonus is a decent kicker but you only get that once a year, usually sometime in February for the previous year. The job is a grind, top performers are rewarded with new stores and sales rep positions, and up from there. But those people usually come from store where Duration, Proclassic, Emerald and various other expensive lines are sold in quantity. This is what I noticed in the 3 years I was in the Detroit District. Stores taking accounts from other stores, and then those same people want to act like they don't know why customers are leaving home stores for new ones. To sum it up, there were good sides and ugly sides. If you get hired in make sure you know what store you are going to and fight to stay in area's of high growth and high household incomes. Do not take a store in a poor neighborhood, you will like the title but hate the job.
Good company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 23, 2016
Good company to get in with, good benifits and hard working people. Make sure you dont get placed in a rural store, no where near the revenue and management doesnt help you.
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
Nothing special, ok job to get my feet wet again
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 20, 2016
Seemed like I learned something new everyday there. Seems a bit overwhelming at first learning about all the different types of paint and the various usages each one has. Takes a while to fully learn enough to assist the majority of customers that come in.
Best Company i have ever worked for.
Forklift Operations Tech (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MDMay 18, 2016
Let me start off by saying i have been working warehouse/Production jobs since 2003. I have worked for several companys over a 13 year time frame and Sherwin Williams is the best hands down. I work a 2-2-3 schedule meaning work 2 off 2 work 2 off 2 work 3 off 3. Basically i never work more than 3 days straight and im guranteed 8 hours of overtime every paycheck. Granted each day is a 12 hour shift, the work life balance is amazing. I recieved 2 raises in 3 months. And i will recieve a 3 dollar raise after 1 year which would push me pass 20 bucks hourly. YOU CAN NOT BEAT THAT working warehouse. I will max out at about 24 bucks hourly after 2 years. Great benefits, and ample opportunity to move around to different positions if i choose. 401k and pension. I will definitely be retiring from Sherwin Williams.
Pros
Cons
Some negative ppl but overall family atmosphere.
Sherwin Williams
Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAMay 18, 2016
It's a super motivated and passionate company. Full with so many employee's that are driven to succeed. The mindset at this job is customers first. They are all about customer experience, and quality of their products. The company is definitely older, but is not behind with their logistics. They are always looking for new ways to improve and become more efficient.
Pros
motivated
Cons
slow pace
Good Place to work/ not enough hours
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Stephens City, VAMay 16, 2016
Delivered Paint and Paint supplies to contractors.
Unloaded truck and stocked shelves
Certified DOT Card
Interacting with the public was great

Everyone I worked with was great
Relaxed working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 12, 2016
Selling paint to either commercial operations or do-it-yourself project seekers. Learned to aid people in deciding on correct paint color, texture, and type. Management was knowledgable and helpful. Coworkers were available to help and to train. The job was difficult at times because of large orders and heavy lifting. The job had a good work/life balance.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Heavy lifting
Interesting and productive work environment
Sales-Associate (Current Employee) –  Ashland, ORMay 11, 2016
Working for Sherwin-Williams can be just as laid back as it can be stressful and strenuous. I've learned a good deal about dealing with and servicing customers and working in a team environment. You have to be knowledgeable and efficient about your work to be any kind of proficient and useful.
Great Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Guayama, PRMay 11, 2016
I gave this company 8 years of my life with no regrets, great pay and benefits, your second home and family is built there. Great products, excellent customer service culture.
Pros
Great pay, and benefits
Cons
Upper management won't look out for employees. They will look out just for themselves
Good Place to Work
third key associate (Current Employee) –  Paragould, ARMay 11, 2016
Great pay and benefits just not enough hours at my store location so I decided to go elsewhere to get the hours and pay that i needed
Sherwin-Williams
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 10, 2016
Its a great company. You'll learn a lot there about their business and how it operates. Its a family type work experience. you should try to learn the names of all the paint contractors. It helps with yours and Sherwin-Williams reputation. If you're a college student this would be a great opprotunity to learn work ethics and business ethics. Like any job this job can get stressful at times but you can take a break to manage the high volumes of stress.
Great experience... Fun even when it's busy.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 7, 2016
I worked for Sherwin Williams for 5 yrs. Started in the warehouse making $9hr and when I left I was making incredible money.. Salary, benefits, and bonuses. The guys you work with are great and days go by fast having that much fun. There are some down sides to this though. The toxins in the air from thinners, lacquer, and solvent base products have destroyed my kidneys and liver. After 5 yrs of breathing the toxins and getting it on my skin, only 20% of my kidneys are functioning. When I got hired no one told me about wearing mask and gloves. Consider this for your health. Money isn't everything.
Pros
Great co-workers, ability to advance quickly, good pay
Cons
TOXINS WILL DESTROY YOUR BODY!!!
Na
Manager (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 5, 2016
The typical day is very stressful. You will learn patience and how to deal with problems. Customer service is the main point of the job.
Fun place to work with others and get things done in a timely manner
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAMay 1, 2016
Every day at Sherwin I sell paint to customers, restock inventory, unload shipment truck, and make about 5 sales calls a day. I sometimes work open to close on weekends, and I usually close every night on the weekdays that include banks drops. Work environment is great, and my manager's do a very good job at keeping the store in shape.
Pros
Learn a lot about sales and paint. Hard work pays off
Cons
Too difficult to land a full-time position
fun and easy going envorment
Sale associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Stevens, WAApril 30, 2016
A typical day involves moving and tinting paint as well as taking and writing order over the phone and in person. i learned a lot about sales and direct customer facing and how a customers attitude must not affect mine. The management was great and polite and i enjoyed working with them and with the contractors that bought paint from us on a regular bases. the only negative i can say about my time was it was part time and not full time. but that was nothing they could control.
Pros
lots of downtime and schedule done well in advanced
Cons
not enough hours
relaxed work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 29, 2016
The work environment is great, all the staff is really friendly and helpful with any information. always working together, there is no competition. at times it gets overwhelming because not enough staff, but overall manageable.also Flexible schedule, manager is really understanding.
Fun place to work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Crofton, MDApril 27, 2016
Great work environment and career opportunity. The company hires from within and offers great benefits the higher up you go.
Fun place to work
Sale and customer service (Current Employee) –  Athens, TNApril 26, 2016
This is a great company to work for if you are looking for something part time, People are great, benefits are great also.
Pros
Fun place, learn alot
Cons
Only part time