Sherwin-Williams

Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews

Great for full-time students!
Key Holder/Cashier (Former Employee), Kahului, HIJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Great People, good pay, worked around my schedule, store hours, positions transferable.
Good place to work if you don't mind getting dirty and working hard. You have to work both the front of the store, (handling customers), as well as the warehouse. Fast paced, good pay, I was able to put in extra hours because we were short staffed, but each store is different. They carry a lot of products, so there is lots to learn. The managers I've had actually did work around my school schedule as well as with things that came up, such as doctors.
Great place to work!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Great pay
Cons: Long hours
Great place to work for someone with little to no experience in business. Promote from within the company. Work with employees and customers on a daily basis building long lasting relationships. Learn a lot about business and management skills.
Great work atmosphere with endless possibilities
Sales Intern (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 29, 2015
I spent the summer interning with the Sherwin Williams paint company. It was a great experience where I learned many new things. Not knowing what I was getting into right away made me have very little expectations. However, the valuable information I learned during the course of the relationship is something that I am very thankful of.
productive and fun workplace
sales associate (Former Employee), Maumelle, ARJuly 28, 2015
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: no health benefits
I learned how to mix and match paint and stains

management was okay, not the best

My co-workwers made my day go by fast.

Hardest part was matching paint up exactly
poductive and fast pace work enviroment
Inside sales Representative (Current Employee), San Juan, PRJuly 28, 2015
it is a good starting job with great day to day assignments and a good work enviroment. Only downside is that there is no possibility of advancement from this position.
productive hardworking work enviroment
floor layer (Former Employee), dayton OhioJuly 28, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: traveling long distances daily
Typical day at work included loading material per customer order ticket and commuting to job site. Once arrived, floor and areas were prepped for work and cleaned. After prepping was complete the task of laying the floor would begin.
Assistant Manager
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Royal Oak, MIJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Job Security
Cons: No difference in pay for experience or high volume stores
Solid company to work for if you're just starting out. I worked here part time through college, graduated, then became an assistant manager. I was placed in one of the busiest stores in the country because of my 5 years of experience, however I was not compensated any additional amount over an assistant manager that does no where near the same volume of business. Budgets don't adjust even when new stores pop up about 3 miles from your current location, so getting promoted when the numbers aren't there because of that is something that left a sour taste in my mouth with upper management.
Starting Positions
Store Management, Sales (Former Employee), Denver COJuly 26, 2015
Great starting positions and training programs for getting into the paint business. Great job for student. Opportunities for advancement are common. Politics plays a little too much of a role in promotions but that may exist anywhere.
Structure
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Edina, MNJuly 24, 2015
Sherwin was a good place to gain experience in customer service within a fast paced work environment. I would recommend it for more entry level positions and experience.
overall very happy at this location (just need more hours?)
sales associate/occasional driver (Current Employee), pulaski virginiaJuly 24, 2015
Pros: great co-workers close to home and good atmosphere
Cons: only part-time hours are avaliable i need full-time
I enjoy going to work at Sherwin Williams as my co-workers are nice my supervisors are very helpful and the general atmosphere is excellent. I can see myself climbing the company ladder with this company
n/a
Decorative Product Specialist (DPS) (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 23, 2015
jifdsoahfkdsankvdhsaklhvda uhyfdshuihfdmn IKJHFDSKhfdns jhdkhjn kifhds nkhdsnn cdsihkjhdslj ihjfdshfkdsjb ihjfsflihFDS jofjdsljfdpus oijdijKHF 7nlknsB CS
Great company if looking for introductory career
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 22, 2015
Great Management program, promotion from within opportunities. However, very demanding hours. Relocation an option if one is willing to move across the United States
Good staff and decent employment
Sales and Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Gurnee, ILJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Steady work
Cons: low pay
Good employment, hard to advance, not many opportunities, fast paced environment, management was always good and reasonable, not much opportunity for coporate advancement without degree
Productive and layed back
Sales Associate (Current Employee), CTJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Flexibility, awesome managers, potential for growth
Cons: Customers (occasional bad ones)
A typical day at work involves random rushes of customers coming in to pick up orders of paint or just for paint help in general. I started here with no paint knowledge and in 3 months was opening and closing the store by myself. My managers and coworkers are amazing and layed back; we can hang out and joke around when it is slow.
There are the occasional moments of "I can't do this" that always occur in retail, but the people you work with are quick to help you overcome those feelings.
The most enjoyable thing, to me, about this job is working with people, and being with the people I am in my store.
Great company, fun to work.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), cleveland, ohioJuly 17, 2015
Very nice company to work for, learning a lot. Great mgmt and nice co workers. Good benefits, prime location in downtown cleveland.
paint store
Decorator (Former Employee), Bartlett, TNJuly 17, 2015
Pros: very envolved with employees
Cons: can't say
While employed, I built strong relationships with coworkers, management, and sales reps. SW is overall a wonderful place to work, there is room to grow with the company and honestly I can say they value their employees. I enjoyed my time there and the staff I worked with.
Reasons it is not the place to work
driver (Former Employee), merritt island, flJuly 16, 2015
Pros: you can stave off homelessness in you're lucky
Cons: you might as well shoot yourself if you work there
This is a fortune 500 company that only hires part time to skimp on paying real wages and benefits.

They charge every employee regardless of meager salary, $25.00 to go to the christmas party.

They operate like a machine whereby you are nothing more to them than a labor widget despensable at managements whim.

They change your job duties to include way more than what is discussed at the interview.

If you have a suggestion to make an improvement, you had better forget it and keep it to yourself. Only management are capable of these earth shattering decisions.

If you have the misfortune of conflict with a superior, you lose automatically without any chance to be heard because you mean absolutely nothing to upper management.

Patronization from the top down is the standard communication at SW.

Organized activities with co-workers are nonexistent (ex softball)

It is an extremely dull and unrewarding work environment.

good luck
Productive place
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 15, 2015
Great place to work at. Works around your schedule but trouble is finding hours and the organization of the company. I enjoyed working and spending my time here
Fast pace work enviroment
Warehouse Technician (Current Employee), Effingham, ILJuly 12, 2015
Pros: lots of overtime offered
Cons: 6 day work weeks, lack of time with family
it is a high demanding, fast pace job. Friendly environment. Co-workers make you feel welcomed and make you feel like a family.
Good Place to Work
Third Key/ Paint Associate (Former Employee), Madison, MSJuly 11, 2015
Its a lot to learn but its worth it. Managers I worked for were very good. Stay dedicated in this company and you will go far.
Headquarters