Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews

Found 1,598 reviews matching the search
fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIAugust 17, 2017
Managers are very understanding and helpful. its a face paced work place and easy going everyone is friendly. they just need more full time position at Sherwin Williams.
Pros
very friendly
Cons
n\a
Overall a good experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 16, 2017
Ability to move up in the company. Management and co-workers are great. Pay could be a lot better for Full-Time employees. A lot of product knowledge needed, and customers usually don't like to deal with new employees.
Pros
Ability to move up in the company.
Cons
Not enough compensation.
look for a better place
3rd Key (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 16, 2017
upper management is a joke. They harass, demise, condescend, part timers, not so much managers of the store but most of upper management in headquarters, at least for the district I was located at.
Typical day
Title - Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 16, 2017
The typical day involved selling people paint and not being forced to write a review just to post a resume on this site. Its very annoying and I don't like it.
Productive and Educational Work Environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 16, 2017
Sherwin Williams is a place that makes you realize how much communication is a vital factor in the customer service industry. Working here, one has to always ask themselves, "Did I get enough information from the client?" With something as permanent as paint, 1 gallon to 5 gallons can mean the difference of a job well done or a job that needs a repaint.
Pros
Great Coworkers
awsome company
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 16, 2017
I was forced to resign , I had social and medical reasons for low performance and resulting in losing my job,there were family matters that I should have brought to there attention,
Good Work Life Balance Sales Position
Sales Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 16, 2017
The great thing about this job is that you can make your own schedule. You are able to start your day and end your day when you please as long as you work 8 hours. There's a lot of driving involved and your drive time is included in your 8 hour day. I usually started my day around 9 am and I would visit one Lowe's store, check in with management, fill and order new color chips, train employees, mix paint and help customers and then move on to the next store. I'd spend about 3 hours at each store, taking my lunch in between stops.

While a lot of freedom was definitely a perk to this job, it was also a job of constant demands from both customers and management. Constant phone calls, emails, and projects with tasks to be completed at each of your stores was a constant. I managed about 10 stores in the beginning and would go to 2 per day, all 10 within the week. After the company hired more employees, I went to 8 stores and only went to my slower stores once every other week and my face paced stores multiple times per week.

Every year there's a national sales meeting that you are able to attend and there is occasional travel for regional meetings.

Overall I would say working for Sherwin-Williams has been a good experience. It's a good position for someone who likes sales.

Not sure what to say about job security. Within the stores I would say it's good. For this particular position, it's within a different business unit of the company and there was just a major lay off since the company acquired another. 200 people lost their jobs.
Pros
Good work/life balance, decent pay, good benefits with stock options, make your own schedule, travel, company credit card, some meals expensed when travelling
Cons
Lots of tasks to do with little time to complete, constant misfirings between Lowe's & SW management, no office to work from, Lowe's understaffed & rep expected to cover
Good company
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 15, 2017
An average day at work is hard, but if you have the right employees it could be fun. I learned a lot of managerial experience by working with company, however this company doesn't recognize their employees on merit.
Pros
Fun and friendly environment
Cons
Lack of advancement
Easy going but at times stressful.
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Bel Aire, KSAugust 15, 2017
The store I work in is very well managed. Both my bosses are very friendly and care about your general well-being. In downtime when there isn't much to do they like you to clean and organize the store. When the store gets busy with customers the staff helps each other out the best they can.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no overtime
Decorative Paint Specialist
Decorative Paint Specialist (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORAugust 15, 2017
I do some in-home consultations as well as work with residential home owners and commercial contractors. The work place is friendly and very laid back.
Pros
Good client experience
Cons
slow paced
good
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WAAugust 15, 2017
great place to work as a person that likes working if you like working than work for sw because they sell lots of paint to people that need paint alot
Coatings manufacturer with over a century of innovative product development and company growth in the global market.
Market Manager (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORAugust 14, 2017
Sherwin Williams has sustained well over a century of strong sales growth driven by a dedication to being an industry leader in product development and a keen sense of what is expected by the end consumer.
Pros
Salary, Benefits
Cons
Difficult to move up without ability to relocate.
Productive day
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 14, 2017
Helping out customers with their paint projects. Making sure inventory is controlled to be able to provide enough paint for contractors. Also providing paint knowledge and advice to DIY customers. Also making sales calls, to check up on contractors who haven't stopped by recently.
Pros
Great vibe with co workers, contractors are friendly.
Cons
fast paced, dealing with multiple orders at the same time
fun
R&D Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHAugust 14, 2017
great management, work environment great staff fun environment to work in great owners amazing fun atmosphere i would love to work there again and aways enjoyed
I would have stayed on at Sherwin-Williams if not for the lay-offs
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, GAAugust 11, 2017
I loved working for Sherwin-Williams, the industry at the time slowed up tremendously and they had to do lay-offs, I was one of at the time, I was able to do Purchasing, A/P, Purchase Orders
Pros
Very close to home
Great Place to Work and start a Career
Manager, sales representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 11, 2017
Tough work depending on what store you are at. Customers can be difficult at times, but aren't they all. Great company to work for. cooperate company for sure.
Excellent career opportunity
Territory Account Manager / Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 10, 2017
I began my career as a part time associate, worked through college, graduated and joined the MTP program, was placed as an assistant manager, moved up to store manager, then transferred to the Diversified Brands division as a sales service representative.

Working in the paint stores group is much different than the other divisions. Much more opportunity for growth.

Hours of operations for most stores are 7a-7p weekdays, 8-6 sat, and 10-6.

As an assistant manager, you are there to help the store manager with daily functions, training, sales, stocking, reports, and lead generation. ASM's typically get scheduled to close most weekdays and work open to close every other weekend. Must complete 50 lead generations calls per week.

A store manager is responsible for increasing sales, site visits, customer service, employee training, and managerial reports. Depending on the store, days can be very long and busy due to stores being understaffed and open long hours.

Overall, I enjoyed working for the company.
Pros
Bonuses are nice; excellent training
Cons
long hours; understaffed stores;
Decent Temporary Work
No (Former Employee) –  New YorkAugust 10, 2017
This is a good place to work if you need temporary work while you look for a real career elsewhere. They seem to favor hiring inexperienced kids right out of college over promoting their experienced workers.
Store Assistant Manager
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  IndianaAugust 10, 2017
This position offers great pay and benefits for someone who has just graduated college. The biggest downside is that you have to be willing to relocate if you want to advance quickly. They also do not typically staff their stores with enough employees so it hard to accomplish all of your management tasks while also making sure all of your customers are taken care of. You are required to work long hours and many evenings and weekends.
Pros
Benefits and compensation
Cons
inadequate staffing, upper management doesn't always have realistic goals
Family
Sales Associate Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHAugust 9, 2017
I absolutely loved working at Sherwin. My coworkers and manager in particular became somewhat of another family. Working at sherwin gave my a chance to really grow personally and professionally.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sherwin-Williams. Our community is ready to answer.