Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews

Found 1,315 reviews matching the search
Sales Driven Work Environment
High Volume Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 14, 2017
Sherwin-Williams does a wonderful job of training their people with the sales tools they need to be successful. They value hard work and give you a team that works toward the same goals as you.
Pros
Great 401K package and health benefits.
Cons
Bonus is always rated on performing over the previous year.
Nice work enviroment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAMarch 13, 2017
It was a good experience working for Sherwin-Williams. I learned how to be organized at work and get things done fast and less difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job was delivering paint all through out north county.
Fun job
Carpet Installer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 13, 2017
This type of work is easy and fun. U meet new people every day never the same thing day after day.the guys I worked with where very smart when installing carpet
Pros
U are ur own boss
Cons
Pay sucked
Very fun workplace
Color Specialist and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nederland, TXMarch 13, 2017
I loved working for Sherwin Williams. Though the physical labor can get intensive, the customer service is usually easy to handle, as most clients are repeat-customers. The hardest part of the job is, in fact, the physical portion. The most enjoyable part of the job is the bond you create with your coworkers. Team work is important in large orders and unloading the truck.
Pros
Exercise and knowledge of paints
Cons
Physical labor
fast advancement opportunities
Residential Repaint Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Effingham County, ILMarch 13, 2017
I loved working for Sherwin Williams, I started as a part time associate, advanced quickly into an assistant manager position, and a little over a year was promoted to a residential repaint representative. Work day started at 6 am....at least 8 face to face calls a day, and at least 20 phone calls to customers, and prospects. Deliver products some days, and look at complaints others, be involved with the store meetings, make LG calls with the assistants and managers in the stores. Convert, convert, convert! Always upselling products, bettering the customers business any way we could.
Entertained customers with dinners, happy hour, golfing etc.
Pros
Great benefits and pay wasn't too bad.
Cons
HUGE workload, took up a lot of family time. very stressful!
One of the best place I have ever work
delivery driver,stocker,unloaded truck,inventory (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 13, 2017
This a career not just a job. Sherwin william have been around 150 year and they are the 3 lsrgest company in the world.They ofter benefit for parttime an full time enployee.So see I like my job very much
Pros
Geart place to work an they also train you if you like for promotion
Cons
Start of partime which is not many hour
Great Family Workplace
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 13, 2017
Great place to work but advancement is very limited. Very family oriented environment with almost monthly planned activities and events planned for the families of employees. Mandatory overtime is also often given the day before without much notice at all.
Fun Summer Job
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INMarch 11, 2017
Working as an Intern I had the chance to learn all aspects of the business. My favorite part was mixing the paint and working with everyday people to help pick the perfect paint for their diy projects.
It was hard at times to be a female in a male dominated industry.
Pros
Great room for advancement and good pay
Cons
Lots of standing and lack of breaks
How are your friends
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 9, 2017
Regular show and the game will be fun and fun with the new updates coming out soon but it will not be fun until you can fix it and it would mean the best app ever to the whole world and it will get you a better review
Fun and rewarding
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 8, 2017
Working for the company has its perks and the lifestyle becomes manageable and exciting, just like with any job it's what you make of it. I enjoy my coworkers and management and I'd recommend the company to anyone!
Great place for a career
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 8, 2017
I really enjoy working for Sherwin Williams. If you are young and educated there are many career paths available.

The culture, unfortunately is just like any other large Fortune 500 company. There is a sense of pride and tradition, but too often this is mixed with a theme of conservatism that stifles innovation.

The product portfolio is vast and of the highest quality. However the main corporate marketing focus is on commercial and residential paint products. Many of the best products are rarely advertised. I work for the Automotive Division. I've sold the products for years and I've always been proud to represent the brand.

The management is always "hit or miss" in large corporate structures like this one. I've had great managers and then really bad ones. The problem with these large corporations and middle management is that too often they can avoid accountability with little repercussions. Most of the time the subordinates are let go when the failures are that of the management.

With a good manager and a good territory, this company is great to work for.
Pros
Set your own schedules
Cons
Insufficient Middle Management accountability
Great for a part time job with advancement opportunities
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Natchitoches, LAMarch 7, 2017
A typical day at work includes advising customers and contractors, mixing and matching paint colors, deliveries, taking orders, answering phones, stocking shelves, and other things that would be included in a retail store.

I've learned a lot about the world of paint and products that go along side that. Management seems to be Sherwin-Williams' weakest aspect. Hardest part of the job is gaining product knowledge for thousands of products. Overall it's a good place to work.
Physically demanding
Manager in Training (MIT) (Former Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLMarch 7, 2017
Mostly male work environment. Not a female friendly environment. Is a very physical job. Learned a lot about the industry and feel like I was trained well however, (like all companies) there are many politics involved when moving up the ladder.
Good pay, good co-workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCMarch 6, 2017
The pay is good and the workers nice. You get to do the whole job, from receiving and stocking to sales and inventory. The customers are decent to great. There's lots of opportunities to learn. The products sold are of a high quality.
Pros
Competive wages, many locations, quality product
Cons
Full time not always available
Loved It
mail room printing room (Former Employee) –  cleveand ohioMarch 5, 2017
I loved working for Sherwin Williams, great management, great environment. It was also very clean workplace, laid back, left alone to do your work, as long as you were doing your work. I only wish the temp position could have lasted longer, it did for a while, but my commute was beginning to become impossible at the time. Now i have a vehicle, transportation etc. I guess the timing was just bad, but i loved working for Sherwin Williams.
Pros
Headphones allowed, frequent breaks, clean, quiet, nice people
great
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJMarch 4, 2017
i love the experience, it was great. my peers were kind and respectful as was my manager. I had no issues while i was working there. I would definitely go back.
N/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALMarch 4, 2017
Responsibilities included unloading of trucks, restocking of retail products and working with customers to ensure a smooth sales process with transactions. Ability to lift 25 to 50 pounds was preferred.
Great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  University Heights, OHMarch 2, 2017
This is a great company to work for that allows a person the opportunity grow and travel throughout their career. I highly suggest this job.
Pros
Great management and staff
Cons
Nothing I can think of
No Work Life Balance
Keyholder (Current Employee) –  FLMarch 2, 2017
The hours are pretty good if you are a part time or full time sales associate. Depending on your manager you can have a pretty flexible schedule. However some in the company expect you to bend over backwards for them. Contractors get frustrating very quickly. If the team is good though it isn't the worst place to work.
Pros
Good Pay, Good Hours
Cons
Sometimes no breaks, rude customer, extensive training needed, not much room for advancement
Very corporate environment, room for advancement
Internal Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 1, 2017
I interned here and found there to be a lot of down time - not enough work to go around. However, was given great opportunities to meet with people and learn.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sherwin-Williams. Our community is ready to answer.