Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews

Great place to work. Strong leadership and fantastic culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 14, 2016
You will develop a keen eye for color by viewing thousands of paint samples. Color matching can be difficult to learn at first, but with practice will become second nature.
Pros
Great co-workers and fun work environment
Cons
Essential to stay after hours to prepare orders that need filled for the following day.
Wonderful Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 13, 2016
This was were I had one of the best bosses of my life. Learned a lot of new skills, and even though the hours were long sometimes, I had a sense of accomplishment.
Pros
paint everywhere, helping people, physical labor, multi-faceted
Cons
learning curve
Great place to jump start a career
Sales / Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 11, 2016
SW has great benefits, and for a new graduate, it is the best place to jump start a career. It can be a little stressful if you have a family when in management, but if you have a support system at home, it is a piece of cake. Overall, a good company with amazing management in Salt Lake City District.
Pros
1000 dollar increment every 6 months for a new Management Trainee
Cons
May be a little stressful if you have young kids and not any support at home.
A top 250 company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Perry, GAJanuary 8, 2016
Inspect the outside on the store. Check the lighting, trash in parking lot, grass and shrubs maintenance.
Verify drawer and safe monies, check closing housekeeping duties, make coffee, unlock doors 5 minutes early,complete any orders that couldn't be finished without running into overtime, check previous day postings. Review store staffing for the day, Make To Do List(i.e. who to inform abut sales, who needs to bring account current...)
Truly enjoyed my job. Helping customers with correct product for their job. From painting their bathroom to painting interior/exterior of hotels, to painting a new water tower.
Loved working with my staff. A well trained professional staff is the core of any successful business. I felt good about being a part of that training and couching.
Hardest part of the job, was when a staff member did not give a customer their best professional experience. I took this personal, as a mistake I made.
Most enjoyable, hearing a staff member say what should they do to advance their stay with Sherwin Williams.
Pros
Fair pay, possible advancement, doing an important job.
Cons
Understaffed a bit more than I would have liked, to give the service we could.
Fun working environment.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 7, 2016
The management is great. Employee's are easy to get along with. Very helpful on training you with what you need to learn.
Good and Organized work place
Sales Assistant/ Warehouse/ Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KS 67846January 7, 2016
Working at Sherwin-Williams is great because you get to go on deliveries to get out of the office for a few hours, Learned a lot about mixing paint and other home tools products.

Management was good because they train you very well on all products and customer service, and store manager was a very good person. Co-workers were also great and helpful when it came to team work.

Hardest part of the job was getting used to all the paint mixing smell and toner use. Job was a good learning experience because you do more then just mix paint, sales, delivery, customer service, warehousing and unloading trucks.
Great customer service experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 6, 2016
Working at Sherwin Williams as a Sales Associate gave me the opportunity to work on my customer service skills. Working in the retail environment, I learned important factors to selling to individuals.
Supportive
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 5, 2016
Great company to work for. Very supportive of their veteran employees and employees that are currently serving their country.
Pros
incentives
Cons
work hours
nice place to work
CTS Driver (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAJanuary 5, 2016
happy here but no home time come in Friday night leave out sunday evening. a lot physical labor no power jacks for unloading double stack pallets of paint not easy to move, must have a good back.
Pros
good equipment
Cons
not alot of home time
Good growth potential.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIJanuary 4, 2016
Great atmosphere to work in. I enjoyed working with management, co-workers and customers. I loved learning about new developments of the industry.
What you would expect
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 4, 2016
There is a lot of heavy lifting and working with contractors can be difficult sometimes. Most of the work is done by the afternoon as paint contractors need their supplies by then. Work was not divided evenly, as some people would just sit around.
Pros
Awesome co-workers
Cons
heavy lifting
Good starter job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 4, 2016
This is a good job to get out of college as it pays well and will start up a great nest egg for you. The hours are tough and long. It's dirty and there is a lot of heavy lifting. As a manager, you make the schedule, but you also end up holding the bag on a Sunday morning if your part timer calls out sick. I loved my customers but struggled with the one size fits all management directives. It was a very exciting job, but it became a terrible fit once I had kids.
Great people to work with. Upper mgmt not so much
Market Manager (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 3, 2016
Typical corporate structure. I've progressed fairly quickly but too much pushing the corporate agenda and not enough acknowledgment of accomplishments.
Great job to start off
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 2, 2016
Enjoyed the experience but looking for something that is more ambitious. Responsibility is there and gives a good foundation for management positions
For a motivated person the sky is the limit
Operator (Former Employee) –  Fernley, NVDecember 31, 2015
Best job I have ever had. Job can be a lot of work but you feel as if it was for the best in the end of the day. The best management team I have ever seen. Motivating and encouraging, only learned from my management team to better my own career. Lost this job due to my own mistakes and still think nothing but the best for this company, that says it all right there. Apply!!!!!!! you may not get in the first try but don't give up it is worth the position you will receive in the end. Also just show up to work on time and plan your days off, its the only thing that will get you fired, well as long as you are a hard worker that is.
Pros
Everything is wonderful.
Cons
attendance policy is a little tight
Good Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXDecember 29, 2015
A good job that is stable and very flexible. This can be a very good job for college students to grow and build character. Also the company closes for the holidays which is a plus for people to have a day off for their families.
Pros
flexible times
Cons
n/a
Just isn't worth it anymore
Sales Associate/ key holder (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 28, 2015
I've worked for Sherwin for a brief time now ,but unfortunately I cant afford to stay here. The people are great and friendly but after now having my hours cut for the third time in three months I can't afford to stay. Working 25 hrs/wk for $9.67/hr is probably ok for a high school or college student but not for a 31 yr old man trying to raise a 9 yr old by himself.
Not always fast paced, fun, kinda laid back
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Cocoa, FLDecember 23, 2015
On a typical day at work I stock product, help customers, and tint paint. My co-workers are nice, and knowledgeable. They're pretty laid back which is nice and great at teaching me the ropes. My manager tells me, "Keep working hard and trying to learn." He's nice, relaxed and doesn't come unwound for much. He keeps his cool so there isn't much stress. The hardest part of the job is learning everything. There is a lot I don't know and PLENTY to learn. The most enjoyable part of my job is tinting paint; I love tinting paint.
Pros
Laid back, decent pay
Cons
not full time, sometimes too much down time
Great place if you LOVE the sales process.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, MEDecember 19, 2015
The bulk of the day is selling and service to a diverse customer base. Helping customers (and problem solving) is what I enjoy and value the most. A typical day will also include cash handling and financial reports, warehousing, merchandising, inventory, accounts receivable and variable related tasks.
There is a lack of synergy in policy and procedures manual. Consequently there is a tendency toward narrow legalistic interpretation rather than a broader elevated whole.
Overall, the most important element of the day is that employees are allowed to take care of customers with little restraint.
Pros
reasonable work life balance and good people
Cons
inadequate training for managers regarding interpersonal dynamics and effectual leadership
Great Work Environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CADecember 17, 2015
I would manage the part time employees, satisfied homeowner and contractors needs and maintain our existing customers. I interviewed a few potential candidates for our part time position we had to fill. I loved working here, my boss was very laid back and helpful.