Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews

Found 1,489 reviews matching the search
Great place to work part-time as a student
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAJune 5, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of assisting customers in the store, over the phone, and via fax. Having to complete orders for deliveries and for will call kept the day pretty busy. Since the store was one of the busiest ones in our area, I exercised my time-management skills. I learned more about what constitutes as good customer service and about how important it was to develop relationships with our honorary customers. My manager was extremely patient. He was the type of manager that lead by example and was always working diligently because that's what he expected from us. He was also very understanding about working around my class schedule. My coworkers and I were like family, so we got along great.
Enjoyed working for Sherwin-Williams it was very rewarding the managers I work for and the flooring division what kind courteous professional
Lead Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf IowaJune 4, 2017
If looking for a part-time job Sherwin- Williams flooring fits the bill they play competitive wages have decent benefits for the hours worked I thought it to be re-warding and challenging and the men who I worked under were the best!
Fun work place
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Seminole, FLJune 2, 2017
Sherwin Williams is a fun place to work not to fast paced relatively easy work they normal get us lunch on fridays pay is good only issue I've had is the distance I work 33 miles from home each way so that's the only con
Pros
Sometimes free lunch, fun environment, easy work
Cons
Distance
Great workplace with plenty of opportunity
Decorative Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILJune 2, 2017
Sherwin Williams is a fantastic company to work for. They offer great compensation depending on your experience. They are willing to work with you and your schedule. They offer great benefits. There are a lot of different opportunities to move up, they love to hire from within. I was promoted to a DPS (color consultant) within a few months. My manager was very easy going, approachable, and understanding. The company does fun things for it's employees to show that they're appreciated. Overall, the best company I have ever worked for and the best job I have ever had.
Pros
Opportunities to advance
Cons
heavy lifting
Good
Color Mixer/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCJune 1, 2017
Nice environment to work in. Everyone I worked with was very easy to deal with. I loved having the chance to talk to different people everyday. ......
Good place to work and excellent if you want to move up in the company.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Bixby, OKJune 1, 2017
I have worked at two different locations seminole and bixby oklahoma. Sherwin williams is a great company to work with decent pay and a good work atmosphere. The work is very detail oriented and in the bigger stores like bixby you have to know how to multitask and solve problems while your doing 3 other things. Overall it's a great job and could be a great career choice if you enjoy this kind of work.
Pros
Discounts on products, good benfits for full time workers
Cons
Usually not enough employes to fit all roles in a larger store.
Ladder to nowhere
Sales Associate/ Lead Driver (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMay 31, 2017
It's a fine job for a young person, but don't get stuck there. Get out as soon as you can. They overwork and pay as little as possible, no surprise.
Would not recommend
Assistant Manager/MTP (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMay 31, 2017
If you like working to forget about your sad life then SW is the place for you. Nothing like a ball and chain to keep you from experiencing life. Sure the pay is good, but it is not worth it.
Overall I enjoyed my experience with Sherwin.
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAMay 31, 2017
Most days required overtime, which can take a beating on you after 20+ hrs a week.
Cant say I learned very much, i've been in warehousing for 20+ yrs, and the culture at Sherwin is to stick you in one place and keep you there. Very little cross training...
Pros
Compensation
Cons
N/a
Productive Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, NYMay 30, 2017
I worked at Sherwin Williams during my summer break and my winter break. It wasn't by any means a job I was looking to spend a great number of years in. At the time I was saving up for my semester abroad and it was a great temporary part-time job that successfully allowed me to study abroad. It was an overall great working environment with kind and friendly co-workers.
Customer Service
Floor Covering Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 30, 2017
Direct contact with individuals and national accounts to service home and/or building needs, to include paint, wallpaper, and flooring.
Previous experience in management
Pros
excellent company to work for
Cons
downsizing
Fun place to work with a great group of people
Sales Associate/ Intern (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHMay 30, 2017
Sherwin-Williams is a highly competitive company that thrives off of their sales staff's drive to be the best. This is made apparent through the benefits the gives to them for hitting their numbers and opening new accounts.
As a sales intern, most of my workday was involved in a store, which included stocking the store, unloading the truck, assisting customers, and answering the phone.
I learned the basics of home improvement through listening to my manager and co-workers assist customers.
Pros
Flexible hours, Helpful Co-workers, not too stressful
Cons
Disruptive breaks, Annoying customers
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 29, 2017
This is a place with a great atmosphere with management that is very supportive. A great place for students who need flexibility around their class schedule and a good source of income.
Good part-time job while going to school
Residential and commercial coatings (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 28, 2017
Good job to learn about customer service and how to properly interact with different individuals like home owners to professional painters, while attending college.
Loyal Hard Working People
Sales Associate & Decorative Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  American Fork, UTMay 27, 2017
I love the relationships I have built in the last nine years. Not only with my Fellow Employees but with some of the customers as well.
I learned to work with different kinds of personalities.
Being a Woman in a construction environment I had to learn to stand firm, but professional with contractors. Standing your ground with the company I worked for, knowing what I was talking about and following through was respected by the contractors and would go a long way. Earning contractors, DIYer's, and designers trust is a huge part of working at Sherwin Williams.
Pros
Loyalty to Employees
Cons
Open on National Holidays, Independence Day, Memorial Day, etc.
Good Job for college student
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 26, 2017
This is a good job for a college student. Not a lot of stress and easy going. Great people to work with. Good benefits. They work with you to work around your schedule.
Simple job
Retail Associate, Part-time (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GAMay 26, 2017
The company is filled with great people and offers many opportunities for growth. The pay is great and the benefits make this business stand out from other work places.
great people
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2017
I love working there because I get up early and get out early. Really flexible , can work with my hours due to school. Get to interact with many other people that do work for other companies.
Decent place to work temporarily.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNMay 24, 2017
Wasn't treated fairly, guest were fun to work with and learning about paints and stains is a lot more fun than it sounds. Overall I would recommend people to work there as a summer job or temporarily but not long term.
Great over all company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Downey, CAMay 23, 2017
Great company. Great people. Great sales . One of the oldest companies in the United States. Over 150 years old. All over the country & in 130 countries.
Pros
Great work environment & great people.
Cons
Not enough staff to cover all geographic area.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sherwin-Williams. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval