Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews

Found 1,673 reviews matching the search
Great Place to work
Lead Driver (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 25, 2017
I worked at a few different stores and drove for a while. Of course each store had its faults and problems but more were better than worse. Great benefits and stock options.
Good place to work other than exposure to voc
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAAugust 25, 2017
Fun job, good work environment. Exposure to vocs without proper protection. Heavy materials.
Good management for the most part. Did not enjoy or approve of the mtp program. It brought in people with no paint knowledge, or knowledge of how a store should be ran. This created a lot of problems with employees as well as customers.
Also strongly dislike the no health coverage for long time part time employees.
Pros
401k, paid vacation, good team work, long time customers
Cons
no insurance for part time, lifting heavy materials, being exposed to chemicals on a daily basis
Productive and good atmosphere. Good experience overall
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Albany, MSAugust 25, 2017
I enjoyed my time with sherwin Williams. The people in my particular district were good people to work with. The day to day can be a little hectic on busy days.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Tough to balance life and work
Fun fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Orchard, WAAugust 24, 2017
Enjoyed working there just wasn't provided with enough hours to live on. Manager was a little rude but overall good environment. I would recommend people to shop at the port orchard Washington store
Pros
Feiendly
Advancement opportunity
Third Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 24, 2017
Great company, fatasticadvancement opportunity. extremely sound corporate structure and all training is meticulously taken care of by Sherwin-Williams.
Sherwin Williams Review
Sales Associate - Commercial Sales (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAAugust 24, 2017
I worked in the commercial store of Sherwin-Williams. The daily variety of work was great. Everything was something new. I also learned a great deal from my managers who taught me many things in my short time there.
Pros
Work environment is relaxed and welcoming
Cons
Very limited advancement opportunities
Loved working for them
Sales Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 24, 2017
Advancement was limited greatly by quotas. NO LOYALTY AT ALL over 10 years of honesty, integrity, professionalism meant nothing in the end. This is one veteran that wishes they had been honest in the beginning and I could have served somewhere else.
Benefits
Cons
Pay and advancement
Great work environment
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Pineville, NCAugust 22, 2017
Great coworkers and environment to work in. Customers are typically nice and good to work with. Good work life balance, Great hours. Learned about paint products, and how things should be painted. Different types of sheen for certain things being painted. Color formulas.
Fast paced with minimal bonuses
Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 21, 2017
Does not use employees for their full potential. Undergoing restructure and has cut many positions. Not great pay/benefits for the job. Each site is usually understaffed an people move around too fast. Must move for promotions.
Great learning enviornment for foundation into management
Operational Manager (Current Employee) –  The Colony, TXAugust 20, 2017
I enjoyed my time there learning about new aspects into managing a store, operations, and developing a several different marketing segments from helping first time customers to multi million dollar large volume customers
Education in Paint and etc is great for side learning, loved my manager
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAAugust 20, 2017
My manager was professional but fun. We all loved working there. He was dismissed on a false accusation by the assistant manager at the time, caused some store drama. Everyone quit afterwards, store basically re-set itself. The Paint training and online training from Sherwin about home care and paint actually helps me figure out what's best for me and my future home. Good resources to know and have, good advice for friends and customers. Great job to have while I was in college, flexible but fixed during the summer so you could count on your hours with the occasional opportunity to take over an empty shift.
Pros
Knowledge and Training benefits
Cons
New Management
Great Company, Great Benefits
Marketing Specialist - Performance Coatings Group (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 20, 2017
I enjoy working for this company, and I love my job. I have a lot of autonomy with what I do, and I'm faced with a new challenge every day. Great benefits package (401, pension).
Good Place for College Students
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MIAugust 20, 2017
No experience needed and can explain knowledge and network by being proficient in the company. Compensation isn't the greatest for what is expected when needed, but the down time at most stores compensates for the lack of.
Learning and Growth are the Beginning
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAAugust 19, 2017
I firmly believe this is a great company to work for if you're looking for your first job. You'll learn a lot not only about the company and its products, but also information you can easily carry over to another company and job. If you set yourself apart and work hard, you'll climb easily. With this company you won't be treated as a mere number or print. You'll have direct impacts on a lot of variables you won't realize at first but if given time, the fruits of your labor will amaze you. I definitely recommond you start here.
Pros
Great training, discounts, work that pays off
Cons
It's Customer Service so you'll know what's coming
Great place to work for a corporate job, paid well
Custom Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 19, 2017
I love working for Sherwin Williams corporate at Head Quarters. This is a 830-5 job with an hour lunch. Low stress in Customer Service, a ton of opportunities for advancement and an environment that encourages you to move up. About 3,000 employees commute downtown to work here.

It pays pretty well for a customer service rep. And you're given a good about of responsibility. I started at 42,500 and moved up to the next pay grade after a year to 47,500
fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIAugust 17, 2017
Managers are very understanding and helpful. its a face paced work place and easy going everyone is friendly. they just need more full time position at Sherwin Williams.
Pros
very friendly
Cons
n\a
Overall a good experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 16, 2017
Ability to move up in the company. Management and co-workers are great. Pay could be a lot better for Full-Time employees. A lot of product knowledge needed, and customers usually don't like to deal with new employees.
Pros
Ability to move up in the company.
Cons
Not enough compensation.
look for a better place
3rd Key (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 16, 2017
upper management is a joke. They harass, demise, condescend, part timers, not so much managers of the store but most of upper management in headquarters, at least for the district I was located at.
Typical day
Title - Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 16, 2017
The typical day involved selling people paint and not being forced to write a review just to post a resume on this site. Its very annoying and I don't like it.
Productive and Educational Work Environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 16, 2017
Sherwin Williams is a place that makes you realize how much communication is a vital factor in the customer service industry. Working here, one has to always ask themselves, "Did I get enough information from the client?" With something as permanent as paint, 1 gallon to 5 gallons can mean the difference of a job well done or a job that needs a repaint.
Pros
Great Coworkers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sherwin-Williams. Our community is ready to answer.