Sherwin-Williams

Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews

Great company. Clear vision. Honest managers. Believed in its people.
Vice-President, Logistics (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: excitement. opportunity. compensation
Cons: long hours. expected best efforts al the tme. comapny first
Goals were well articulated. Rewards were hones for accomplishments. Advanement wa available for talent and effort.
It was not very hard work. Once I got the hang of it the job was smooth and I enjoyed it.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INFebruary 26, 2015
The people I worked with were great and I learned a lot in the profession. It was laid back most of the time instead of when it got busy, but that was nice to be moving around and helping others with what they needed. The hardest part was learning the system to make the paint, but in the end that wasn't to much.
Company is totally disfunctional
Product Finishes Sales Representative (Current Employee), Wallington, NJFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: good benefit package
Cons: no support
Poor training available and all you do is reports. No fun to work for this company. Management team is more interested in the value of the stock rather than giving the sales team the necessary ammunition to succeed.
great boss and very helpful co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kirkland, WAFebruary 24, 2015
Kirkland Sherwin- Williams was always very busy. As soon as you clocked in until you clocked out the store was very busy. I didn't know much about paint at first but in less then two weeks I was on the roll. I had great co-workers that would help me if I was unsure of something. Over all Kirkland Sherwin-Williams is a great place to work.
Good company to work for
Store Manager (Current Employee), Cudahy, WIFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: flexibility, benefits, bonus structure
Cons: physical strain, busy work, micro management
A typical day at work includes opening the store, meeting with contractors, prospecting new business, deepening customer relationships, transferring product, specifying coatings systems, quoting products, updating pricing, training employees, mixing paint, taking orders, expensing, monitoring sales and budgets, purchasing, receiving. Tinting orders and matching stains. Testing products. Networking and picking peoples minds. Hardest part of the job is long hours. Most enjoyable is meeting new people and learning the business and market.
If you are a hard worker, this is for you.
Sales Associate - Retail (Former Employee), Westwood, CAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: amazing people to work with, great pay, great company
Cons: dealing with the public, sometimes understaffed.
I worked at Sherwin-Williams for nine months. I loved the job. Like any other retail job, it has its stressful moments, but I would definitely say that the pros outweigh the cons.

There is a lot of growing opportunities in this company and it is worth the hard work if you make it. Even starting out as a part time, I got a 401k. Thats pretty amazing.

The only bad I can truly say about it, is sometimes the costumers are a pain, but that's really anywhere in retail. Sometimes you are also very overworked and it feels more like a manual labor job, but it's not the worst thing in the world- it happens at all jobs. It's a good job and I highly recommend it.
One of the best companies in the city
IT Support (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 20, 2015
This was a wonderful place to work. A bit hectic downtown, but enjoyable. Many perks. Cafe and workout facility in the building. Outdoor basketball and tennis courts are a great way to get away at lunchtime.
Certainly a well-rounded work experience.
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 18, 2015
Overall my experience working at Sherwin Williams heeled me become a well rounded employee. Working for such a large corporation at one of their smaller stores left me with a lot of responsibilities.
Great company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 17, 2015
Great company to work for, customer service oriented with fantastic products for DIY or for contractors. Hours are good and the pay is acceptable for a secondary income.
Fun place to work but too many polices
Branch Operations Manager (Current Employee), Shreveport, LAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: the policies
The job s wonderful fun place to work and learn new things but the policies and goals conflict with each other. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customer and building business relationship with contractors.
fast paced
Bulk Chemical Reciever (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 16, 2015
Learned valuable skills in the chemical industry. Made valuable contacts and learned how to trust your co-workers. Earn a degree if you want to advance.
energetic and on the go atmosphere
Senior Sales Representative - Multi Segment (Former Employee), Portland, OregonFebruary 16, 2015
-8-10 face to face calls per day
-excellent sales process
-excellent team atmosphere
-enjoyed the freedom to plan my own schedule
Sales Rep
Sales Representative - Professional Coatings (Current Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: mileage reimbursement, company car, amex for business use, cell phone provided, m-f. 48 hours a week.
Cons: sales pressure, constantly being compared to other reps in sales, cookie cutter corporate mentality, selling paint (expensive paint at that), trying to take over a market that is saturated with our competitor km
Freedom to make up your day, new territory=lots of prospecting/cold calls/telemarketing. Gets annoying getting told No all the time but that's SALES. Good benefits, bonus package if you hit budget (which they make it hard to do).
My Review
Customer Service (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTFebruary 14, 2015
Sherwin-Williams is a very good job, had lots of fun working for them. I really liked working for the company but I really need to find another job to help me pay for school.
Career advancement opportunities if willing to relocate
Product Coatings Representative (Former Employee), OregonFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: free gas, free car, develop own work schedule
Cons: had to continually work around corporate ideals, only as good as employees who were previously placed in positions
Managed a multitude of people and attitude types. Found the position challenging and rewarding however wanted a career that would articulate more towards my advanced degree and business knowledge.
its a good job
Bilingual Delivery Driver (Current Employee), 385 park stFebruary 10, 2015
i love my job i love driving around jacksonville i have seen places i have never seen in the 9 years i have lived in jacksonville
Sherwin-Williams
Office Technician (Current Employee), effingham, ilFebruary 10, 2015
This is a great place to work. Love the people and the environment. This place offers great benefits and great bonus'. I have been treated pretty well for five years.
Excellent Company.
Driver/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLFebruary 10, 2015
I enjoyed my two year plus time period with Sherwin Williams.
Overall an excellent company, good chance for career advancement.
The only problem I had was the lifting of Paint 5 gallon bucket weighs 50 lbs and that just became too much for me on a daily basis.
Diversified Bands side. didn't work for the stores side.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), IllinoisFebruary 9, 2015
Some management plays favorites. You better call on contractors or you won't move up the ladder..Good freedom . Do your job and you will be left alone.
Great work atmospher where hardwork and initiative is acknowledged
Driver/Laborer (Current Employee), Tyler, TXFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: get to drive company vehicles, low turnover, good management
Cons: no benefits for part-time, no overtime
A typical day as a driver involves making deliveries to jobsites, companies, or other stores. However some days there are not enough deliveries to keep me busy for my full shift, but there is plenty of gratifying work to do around the store. Anything from ringing up a purchase, tinting paint for a customer (or matching their color), to stocking new inventory on a daily basis. I have gained a large knowledge of commercial and industrial paints, and their proper uses. Management at Sherwin Williams is very accommodating of reasonably requests, and works alongside their employees while motivating them. The hardest part of the job is when I have to deliver large orders to remote job sites. Unfortunately there will be days where someone needs paint delivered out in the mud on a rainy day. The most enjoyable part of the job is the great atmosphere that is created by the employees, managers, and customers.

About Sherwin-Williams

No matter how you coat it, Sherwin-Williams is one of the largest paint manufacturers in the US and worldwide (along with Akzo-Nobel, – Read more

Sherwin-Williams Salaries