Sherwin-Williams

Sherwin-Williams Employer Reviews

Sherwin Williams
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Amherst, OHJune 9, 2014
Duties: Tinting paints & stains, running register, dealing with opening and closing charge accounts, counting down drawers, making deposits, dealing with paint sprayers and other things realated to paint & stain realated areas. Organizing and cleaning office and store. Ran P O S Sherwin Williams systems. Lifts over 100 lbs dealing with paints and stains – more... along with masonary products, resolving customer complaints, answering phone calls. – less
Great Company to work for:
Chemist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 9, 2014
Pros: stock plan matching
One of the top Fortune 100 Companys, we have a high level of internal promotions available due to career paths being outlined and planned out, the turnover of employees is relatively low, probably under 15% across the nation, we have a good incentive plan bonus, the salaries are competitive, and the benefits are of great quality. Sherwin Williams gives – more... financial support to various non-profit organizations in the communities.
Also, the level of Safety is very highly practiced here at SW, which is the most important factor in our line of work. – less
Productive work environment with ability for advancement.
Sales Associate/Key holder (Former Employee), TrotwoodJune 5, 2014
Pros: huge discounts, flexible hours.
Cons: no breaks.
A typical day at work consisted of me coming in and working the paint section of the store. I would open and close the store by myself normally and had large amounts of responsibility. With a good work ethic this was a great part time job.
Great staff
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJune 5, 2014
A great responsible employer, recommended, 401k package is a plus.
Great company for recent grads
PSG Intern (Former Employee), Newark, NYJune 4, 2014
Decent pay and good work/life balance. I enjoyed what I learned here.
Make new friends
Cashier (Former Employee), Det, MIJune 3, 2014
Work with men alot, usually get different customers. Able to meet new individuals.
Productive and stressless environment
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), green brook new jerseyJune 2, 2014
I currently work at Sherwin Williams in Greenbrook NJ as a driver that delivers paint to various locations throughout the day. My day starts when I get an address sent to the handheld device that tells me the address where I have to deliver paint. I then follow the directions given to me by the handheld device to the location where I deliver the paint – more... to the customer. During down time when I do not have any delivers I assist in the store where needed. Some of the duties I help with in the store consist of answering customer questions, help move merchandise, and stock supplies.

So far I have gained valuable skills while working at Sherwin Williams and continue to learn and perfect my skills. Customer service skills are important to have in almost any profession but especially in management. Working as a driver for Sherwin Williams has allowed me to improve my customer service skills through interaction with contractors and other customers when I deliver paint and help in the store.

A good management team not only executes their daily functions but also cares for their employees and ensures that they are happy in their work environment.

The most challenging part of my job is time management. It is extremely important to be on time when delivering the paint. If I am late it will cause the customer to think of Sherwin Williams negatively and can result in a loss of repeat business. Although time management can be the most challenging it can also be the most gratifying. Trying to get to destination on time can be difficult when faced with obstacles that you cannot control. However, it is exciting to use problem solving skills to find a solution in a difficult situation. – less
Hard work leads to career success.
Management (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJune 1, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no time for anything else, but work.
Working at Sherwin Williams is a balance of antiquated methods to gain sales with the ability to manage a warehouse, people, customer service and the needs of each individual account that vary on how they are serviced.
sales rep
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 27, 2014
Pros: training and easy job
Cons: not a lot of money
Great company to work for and the training was top notch. I loved traveling and teaching stores about the products. I was also able to teach paint techniques and merchandise. I worked independently unless it we had a trade show or a work shop. I met with my boss once a month but was able to touch base by telephone daily.
!!!!!!! PLEASE READ !!!!!!!
Sales coordinator (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMay 26, 2014
Pros: lunch
Cons: not enough pay, arrogant managers, no time off, back breaking labor
As a former employee of Sherwin-Williams I can tell you that this is not the company that you want to work for ,the managers are inexperienced bullheaded and selfish they don't like to hire in help or pay their help any money to do the jobs they are willing to set forth for you. Don't try to look for advancement at Sherwin-Williams because everything – more... is already predetermined before you get there unless you're in the "boys club" !! The managers will try to backstab you and try to beat you out the door to get you fired if they don't like you. If you want freedom Sherwin-Williams is not the place for you. I strongly recommend anyone to think before working for this company. If you don't like to be talked down to and made to feel like an idiot don't work here !!!! Please don't make the same mistake I did. There is better out there !!! – less
Long Hours Bad Local Management
New Store Manager Training Store (Former Employee), VancouverMay 24, 2014
Pros: corporate is run very well
Cons: long hours "you are replaceable"
If you like working 52 days more than an average person then SW is for you.
Advancement is pre planed so don't get your hopes up.

A lot of District and Sales managers are useless they wont stand up for you
okay job
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 23, 2014
Pros: okay job
Cons: low pay, bad benefits
fill paint orders, drums, can, learned how to work in a hot atmosphere, and to work hard.
Oppresive workplace with no sense of hope.
POWDER COATING QC TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Ontario, CAMay 23, 2014
This place has inexperienced management. No sense of camaraderie. People are always worried about getting in trouble. I wouldn't recommend it. About five years ago yes, but now, no.
very chill and relaxing but can get really busy at times
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Columbia, SCMay 22, 2014
Pros: cool ppl to work with
Cons: retail, lifting paint all day, same thing everyday
must be able to work hard physically and multitask
learned a lot while working there in paint
dislike doing sales calls
Very easy to learn atmosphere and great work experience.
Accounts Payable Analyst Intern (Former Employee), Cleveland, OhioMay 22, 2014
Typical day would include processing invoices using a computer system. Talking on phones with vendors and other site locations to make sure customers were paid.
I learned communication skills, work ethic, how to budget accounts, team work skills, computer skills such as Excel.
Management was very helpful, answered my questions and took care of me to – more... make sure I did the job correctly.
Hardest part of the job was there was a lot of work. There was a never ending cycle of invoices to pay and problems sometimes to fix. There was a requirement to find an easier method for the system so problems wouldn't happen again.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. The people that worked there were instantly friends of mine and were very open to helping. – less
Paint Store Management
Store Manager (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCMay 19, 2014
A typical day at work consists of dealing with customers that are in high demand of paint for hospitality management/resorts and some DIY/contractors. I learn how to manage day to day operations and needs of not only the customers, the company and other employees. I have to know how to meet everyone's needs and have correct recommendations for each – more... individuals painting needs. One of the hardest parts of the job is explaining to customers they are not always able to purchase paint for less than the sticker price. Some contractors/chief engineers think they should receive the lowest price on all products, which hurts budget requirements. An enjoyable part of the job is co-workers and meeting new people through the public. – less
Productive Environment
3rd Key Sales Associate (Current Employee), Groves, TXMay 18, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours
Sherwin Williams is a great place to work. Excellent benefits and fast moving positions.
Fun workplace to travel around the tri-county area
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLMay 18, 2014
Pros: security
Cons: income level
Beautiful, secure environment, but only worked on a part-time basis, therefore not enough income to make a living.
50-60-70
Utility Operator (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 16, 2014
Pros: paid well for the work performed.
Cons: the job was not challenging.
Essentially I worked in the production department and I describe the entire process with the numbers 50-60-70. The management style is most definitely from the 50s where communication was inefficient and one directional. The building and most the infrastructure was from the 60s as well as the age of many employees. And finally, most of the technology – more... was impressive in the 70s. The position paid well as well as the benefits were very competitive. A production position with this company would fit someone who enjoys doing the same routine everyday and doesn't feel the need to actively contribute or change the status quo. – less
Alright
Part-time sales associate (Current Employee), Astoria, NYMay 14, 2014
it was an ok experience, I learned a lot. They ask for a lot for 10 dollars an hour

About Sherwin-Williams

No matter how you coat it, Sherwin-Williams is one of the largest paint manufacturers in the US and worldwide (along with Akzo-Nobel, – Read more

Sherwin-Williams Photos