Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews

Working at Sherwin Williams
Accounting Processor (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 19, 2018
Sherwin Williams was an excellent company to work for. It was caring about its employees. They had excellent training, generous vacation plan, excellent stock & 401k saving plans. Their benefits were excellent. They had an excellent bonus plan.
Pros
Excellent benefits.
Cons
If you worked in the plant, dealing with chemicals.
not a bad place to work
shop and as delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 19, 2018
not a bad place to work rode around in the ac all day and had it pretty easy bosses were ok never had a problem with other employs just didn't like driving the box truck
Productive, and fun working environment
Store Internship/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJanuary 19, 2018
The greatest part of this job was the opportunity to advance. I started off as an intern. It was a great internship because I had the opportunity to do a project and learn the different kinds of paints, and also the competitor's products. A typical day at work would be I would help a customer pick out a paint color and then the right kind of paint or stain for their particular project. Everyday was a different day, and it was fun helping people pick out everything for their DIY (Do It Yourself) and contractor projects. A great perk of the internship was I got to go on sales calls, in which I would ride along with the stores sales rep and get to see the various contractor projects going on. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help a customer out with his/her project to help improve their house.
Pros
Paint Discounts, Management training program
Cons
long hours, weekends
Employees and moral a great work enviornment
STORE SALES AND DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAJanuary 18, 2018
Enjoy the people and the hours i work as it allows me to spend time with my family. However, advancement is minimal within the company. Employees are very friendly.
Pros
hours, flexability in schedule
Cons
pay increases minimal to nothing
Really enjoyable
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJanuary 18, 2018
Everybody I worked with in my time with the pant was amazing. The executives are nice and friendly and they make sure to teach you everything you need to know to be successful.
Pros
Great staff.
Cons
short breaks
Fast-paced with good, hard work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dawsonville, GAJanuary 17, 2018
What I loved about Sherwin-Williams was the teamwork. Every day consisted of hard work that was very fast and hard. Ultimately it would make the days go by fast and the team would have fun.
OMG this is ridiculous
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 17, 2018
I worked here over 30 years ago. Cleveland is a great place for the main offices and regional was in San Jose. I am wasting time writing this as it was so long ago!
Pros
nothing
Cons
even less
Normal day
Store Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXJanuary 17, 2018
Typical day is fast paced, you over worked. Management is not helpful. There is not really a helpful training program for new hires. Not very many opportunities for advancement if you did not go through the MT program.
Very friendly, efficiant work environment
Training Branch Assistant/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILJanuary 17, 2018
I enjoyed working for Sherwin Williams Automotive Training Center as the facility coordinator. My co-workers were all friendly and easy to work with. This is a great company to work for.
Good Place for Advancement
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 17, 2018
Sherwin promotes about 90% from within, can be a high stress environment, but it is worth it for the benefits. This is a company that cares about its employees.
Good place to work, don't expect fast advancements
SALE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 16, 2018
I loved the time I was there. My first manager was awesome and taught me a lot, I just wish there was an easier was to advance in the company. The pay wasn't that great, but it was good enough to get by on the job for a temporary thing. I would highly recommend it to anybody. The experience you get out of doing it is great and with the right co-workers, it can be a really fun experience
Pros
People, co-workers
Cons
Pay, working 7 days a week
Great Place to Work!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Western New York DistrictJanuary 16, 2018
If you are willing to learn and work hard this a great company to work for! Benefits, vacation, and pay are great and it truly feels like the company cares (unless you get a bad store manager). Biggest downfall is assistants work 44 hours a week and store managers are salary and work 48 hours.
Pros
Opportunity to advance
Great company
Full-time employee (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 16, 2018
this is a great company to work for. I would highly recomment to work for sherwin williams to any one searching for a job. They have great benefits and will work with your schedule
operations coordinator
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 16, 2018
i enjoyed the commercial aspect of the paint industry, making huge paint orders and not having to ring up orders or worry anything about the end of the sale was a plus
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJanuary 16, 2018
NIce place to work, really big company, there are opportunities for growth. If you see yourself in the future as an employee at Sherwin Williams, the opportunities are there. The people are friendly and they are willing to help with any concerns regarding the work place. Learning the different types of paints and their use was a plus for me because I intend to paint in the future at home and relatives houses as well. The pay wasn't so great but nevertheless it was a good place to work.
Pros
A big company to grow with
Cons
part-time work only to began with
Great Company to work for
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Horn Lake, MSJanuary 16, 2018
My experience in working for this company was overall great and I received fair pay and hours. The company is well known in the products that it sales and the service that it provides. I am happy to say i was apart of the staff and i would go back to work there again
awesome company
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 15, 2018
Shwerwin williams was an awesome place to work at. I would have stayed there for a much longer time if i didnt have to move. The people and management was awesome.
Pros
great work enviorment
Cons
only part time for drivers
Temp
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJanuary 15, 2018
I enjoyed working here. It got me to where I needed to go next.
The culture was fun and we all got along.
After college, I needed a full-time position, and at the time there wasn't one available at my store. I needed to find something that paid more with more opportunity.
Its a okay job if you want to stay there
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 15, 2018
Its a good place to work, there are days that you have to manage the store by your self. Management is not that great , but everything depends on your manager.
Pros
Decent pay
Mixing paint
Mixer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 15, 2018
Get a batch ticket and perform the duties on the batch ticket. You mainly mix different liquids with different pigments while following the instructions provided.
Pros
good pay
Cons
dealing with unhealthy commicals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sherwin-Williams. Our community is ready to answer.