Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews in United States

Supportive
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 5, 2016
Great company to work for. Very supportive of their veteran employees and employees that are currently serving their country.
Pros
incentives
Cons
work hours
nice place to work
CTS Driver (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAJanuary 5, 2016
happy here but no home time come in Friday night leave out sunday evening. a lot physical labor no power jacks for unloading double stack pallets of paint not easy to move, must have a good back.
Pros
good equipment
Cons
not alot of home time
Good growth potential.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIJanuary 4, 2016
Great atmosphere to work in. I enjoyed working with management, co-workers and customers. I loved learning about new developments of the industry.
What you would expect
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 4, 2016
There is a lot of heavy lifting and working with contractors can be difficult sometimes. Most of the work is done by the afternoon as paint contractors need their supplies by then. Work was not divided evenly, as some people would just sit around.
Pros
Awesome co-workers
Cons
heavy lifting
Good starter job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 4, 2016
This is a good job to get out of college as it pays well and will start up a great nest egg for you. The hours are tough and long. It's dirty and there is a lot of heavy lifting. As a manager, you make the schedule, but you also end up holding the bag on a Sunday morning if your part timer calls out sick. I loved my customers but struggled with the one size fits all management directives. It was a very exciting job, but it became a terrible fit once I had kids.
Great people to work with. Upper mgmt not so much
Market Manager (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 3, 2016
Typical corporate structure. I've progressed fairly quickly but too much pushing the corporate agenda and not enough acknowledgment of accomplishments.
Great job to start off
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 2, 2016
Enjoyed the experience but looking for something that is more ambitious. Responsibility is there and gives a good foundation for management positions
For a motivated person the sky is the limit
Operator (Former Employee) –  Fernley, NVDecember 31, 2015
Best job I have ever had. Job can be a lot of work but you feel as if it was for the best in the end of the day. The best management team I have ever seen. Motivating and encouraging, only learned from my management team to better my own career. Lost this job due to my own mistakes and still think nothing but the best for this company, that says it all right there. Apply!!!!!!! you may not get in the first try but don't give up it is worth the position you will receive in the end. Also just show up to work on time and plan your days off, its the only thing that will get you fired, well as long as you are a hard worker that is.
Pros
Everything is wonderful.
Cons
attendance policy is a little tight
Good Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXDecember 29, 2015
A good job that is stable and very flexible. This can be a very good job for college students to grow and build character. Also the company closes for the holidays which is a plus for people to have a day off for their families.
Pros
flexible times
Cons
n/a
Just isn't worth it anymore
Sales Associate/ key holder (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 28, 2015
I've worked for Sherwin for a brief time now ,but unfortunately I cant afford to stay here. The people are great and friendly but after now having my hours cut for the third time in three months I can't afford to stay. Working 25 hrs/wk for $9.67/hr is probably ok for a high school or college student but not for a 31 yr old man trying to raise a 9 yr old by himself.
Not always fast paced, fun, kinda laid back
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Cocoa, FLDecember 23, 2015
On a typical day at work I stock product, help customers, and tint paint. My co-workers are nice, and knowledgeable. They're pretty laid back which is nice and great at teaching me the ropes. My manager tells me, "Keep working hard and trying to learn." He's nice, relaxed and doesn't come unwound for much. He keeps his cool so there isn't much stress. The hardest part of the job is learning everything. There is a lot I don't know and PLENTY to learn. The most enjoyable part of my job is tinting paint; I love tinting paint.
Pros
Laid back, decent pay
Cons
not full time, sometimes too much down time
Great place if you LOVE the sales process.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, MEDecember 19, 2015
The bulk of the day is selling and service to a diverse customer base. Helping customers (and problem solving) is what I enjoy and value the most. A typical day will also include cash handling and financial reports, warehousing, merchandising, inventory, accounts receivable and variable related tasks.
There is a lack of synergy in policy and procedures manual. Consequently there is a tendency toward narrow legalistic interpretation rather than a broader elevated whole.
Overall, the most important element of the day is that employees are allowed to take care of customers with little restraint.
Pros
reasonable work life balance and good people
Cons
inadequate training for managers regarding interpersonal dynamics and effectual leadership
Great Work Environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CADecember 17, 2015
I would manage the part time employees, satisfied homeowner and contractors needs and maintain our existing customers. I interviewed a few potential candidates for our part time position we had to fill. I loved working here, my boss was very laid back and helpful.
Must be the right fit.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Casselberry, FLDecember 17, 2015
It was okay just not my forever company. The caliber of individuals you deal with on a daily basis can be very stressful. Just need to make it a better environment for women.
working as line cook
Delivery Driver/ Sales Associate/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLDecember 16, 2015
typical day anything from prepping food, cooking food, cleaning kitchen.

I learned a lot about cooking, and different preparations of dishes.

management was always nice and involved.

co workers were the best.

hardest part of job, probably the heat in the kitchen.

most enjoyable part, working with food, and working with great people.
Pros
friendly staff, learned about cooking, working with food.
Cons
got hot in kithcen sometimes
Productive and fun place to work
Paint Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Baltimore, MIDecember 11, 2015
Alright place to work if you like working with sales. Awesome benefits, and decent pay. Great place for a student to work at.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
How busy it gets in the early mornings, and some of the contractors are crazy.
Day at Sherwin Willams
Full Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLDecember 10, 2015
A typical work day, includes working with customers and making orders, Using management skills to complete problems. Cleaning and maintaining the store.
The company changed a lot during my tenure, not all changes were for the best.
Commercial Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  KentuckyDecember 10, 2015
Sherwin-Williams has a big city mentality, and does not seem to have the management in place to understand the adjustments necessary for smaller or rural markets. Nepotism is rampant, it is the good old boy network and all about who you know. There is a lot of opportunity for advancement, compensation is in line with the demands of the job. Their understanding of work life balance is Work for Life and forget about family.
thankless work
Route Driver Salesperson (Current Employee) –  VirginiaDecember 5, 2015
The people are the best part of the job and most of the complain about managers or pay or lack of job fulfilment. I learned about a half a dozen things from paint products to installation. The managers are a joke for the most part, the best thing they know to is kiss butt to the upper management.
So if you want a dead end job that pays nothing , then Sherwin Williams would like to hear from you.
Pros
Holiday pay
Good training and secure job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJDecember 5, 2015
What I have learned was that if hard work was put forward they would reward you for those things. I really enjoyed working for this company. The training was great for future jobs. The way I handle everyday situations with breaking down a problem is also another added benefit to working for Sherwin Williams.
Pros
A lot of potential to move up in Company
Cons
Lack of positive attitude from upper management