Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews

Found 1,368 reviews matching the search
Fun Summer Job
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INMarch 11, 2017
Working as an Intern I had the chance to learn all aspects of the business. My favorite part was mixing the paint and working with everyday people to help pick the perfect paint for their diy projects.
It was hard at times to be a female in a male dominated industry.
Pros
Great room for advancement and good pay
Cons
Lots of standing and lack of breaks
How are your friends
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 9, 2017
Regular show and the game will be fun and fun with the new updates coming out soon but it will not be fun until you can fix it and it would mean the best app ever to the whole world and it will get you a better review
Fun and rewarding
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 8, 2017
Working for the company has its perks and the lifestyle becomes manageable and exciting, just like with any job it's what you make of it. I enjoy my coworkers and management and I'd recommend the company to anyone!
Great place for a career
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 8, 2017
I really enjoy working for Sherwin Williams. If you are young and educated there are many career paths available.

The culture, unfortunately is just like any other large Fortune 500 company. There is a sense of pride and tradition, but too often this is mixed with a theme of conservatism that stifles innovation.

The product portfolio is vast and of the highest quality. However the main corporate marketing focus is on commercial and residential paint products. Many of the best products are rarely advertised. I work for the Automotive Division. I've sold the products for years and I've always been proud to represent the brand.

The management is always "hit or miss" in large corporate structures like this one. I've had great managers and then really bad ones. The problem with these large corporations and middle management is that too often they can avoid accountability with little repercussions. Most of the time the subordinates are let go when the failures are that of the management.

With a good manager and a good territory, this company is great to work for.
Pros
Set your own schedules
Cons
Insufficient Middle Management accountability
Great for a part time job with advancement opportunities
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Natchitoches, LAMarch 7, 2017
A typical day at work includes advising customers and contractors, mixing and matching paint colors, deliveries, taking orders, answering phones, stocking shelves, and other things that would be included in a retail store.

I've learned a lot about the world of paint and products that go along side that. Management seems to be Sherwin-Williams' weakest aspect. Hardest part of the job is gaining product knowledge for thousands of products. Overall it's a good place to work.
Physically demanding
Manager in Training (MIT) (Former Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLMarch 7, 2017
Mostly male work environment. Not a female friendly environment. Is a very physical job. Learned a lot about the industry and feel like I was trained well however, (like all companies) there are many politics involved when moving up the ladder.
Good pay, good co-workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCMarch 6, 2017
The pay is good and the workers nice. You get to do the whole job, from receiving and stocking to sales and inventory. The customers are decent to great. There's lots of opportunities to learn. The products sold are of a high quality.
Pros
Competive wages, many locations, quality product
Cons
Full time not always available
Loved It
mail room printing room (Former Employee) –  cleveand ohioMarch 5, 2017
I loved working for Sherwin Williams, great management, great environment. It was also very clean workplace, laid back, left alone to do your work, as long as you were doing your work. I only wish the temp position could have lasted longer, it did for a while, but my commute was beginning to become impossible at the time. Now i have a vehicle, transportation etc. I guess the timing was just bad, but i loved working for Sherwin Williams.
Pros
Headphones allowed, frequent breaks, clean, quiet, nice people
great
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJMarch 4, 2017
i love the experience, it was great. my peers were kind and respectful as was my manager. I had no issues while i was working there. I would definitely go back.
N/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALMarch 4, 2017
Responsibilities included unloading of trucks, restocking of retail products and working with customers to ensure a smooth sales process with transactions. Ability to lift 25 to 50 pounds was preferred.
Great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  University Heights, OHMarch 2, 2017
This is a great company to work for that allows a person the opportunity grow and travel throughout their career. I highly suggest this job.
Pros
Great management and staff
Cons
Nothing I can think of
No Work Life Balance
Keyholder (Current Employee) –  FLMarch 2, 2017
The hours are pretty good if you are a part time or full time sales associate. Depending on your manager you can have a pretty flexible schedule. However some in the company expect you to bend over backwards for them. Contractors get frustrating very quickly. If the team is good though it isn't the worst place to work.
Pros
Good Pay, Good Hours
Cons
Sometimes no breaks, rude customer, extensive training needed, not much room for advancement
Very corporate environment, room for advancement
Internal Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 1, 2017
I interned here and found there to be a lot of down time - not enough work to go around. However, was given great opportunities to meet with people and learn.
Driver/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MN 55044March 1, 2017
Great place to work with many residents and contractors and help them find what their looking for. all employees are great to work with and its a very productive company to work for!
Pros
friendly people
A good company to work for
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  North Port, FLMarch 1, 2017
Excellent company to work for, although, opportunities are very limited to management and full time positions. Employees from all stores are hard working and easy to get along with. The bending and lifting of 5 gallon buckets physically challenges your body from constant lifting.
Pros
24 hrs of paid vacation for part time after 6 months employment.
Cons
Heavy lifting
Hot and Steamy 12 hour work days...
Palletizer Systems Operator (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIFebruary 28, 2017
Good paying job, but bad equipment and work environment. If you like working 7 days a week, then you will like it at Sherwin Williams.
Not all bad
Front-End Web Developer III (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 27, 2017
Pension and 401k. Good work life balance. Typical very big corporation culture, though. Failed agile transition, and overly political culture. Whether I would recomend it or not depends entirely on which division you work for.
Good company.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hato Tejas, PRFebruary 27, 2017
The Sherwin Williams its a good company. I decided to give myself the opportunity to have own work and this challenge was difficult for the economy in this time. The SW stable and has good benefits.
Great company with a great atmosphere.
Sales and Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  TAMUNING, GUFebruary 27, 2017
Working with this company not only taught me a lot about sales and customer service but had also taught me a lot on how to keep a high motivated and friendly work environment between entry level employees and management staff. My most enjoyable part of this job was being able to be tested on my knowledge i have obtained by being tested with verbal questions by upper staff. They also were able to see the dedication and willingness to learn and improve in me that they had given me many opportunities and upraises for. We worked as a team and it just seemed to all fall into place. Even if there were certain faults with myself and others we were able to solve any problems together.
I am Disabled
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 26, 2017
I have a fused heel and ankle I need to wear a brace thats carbon fiber it wont fit in a dress shoe Sherwin Williams told me that a running shoe wasn't professional after months of dealing with the pain I had to quit and they would not do anything to help me solve the problem.
Cons
only brake is an hour on a 8 hour day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sherwin-Williams. Our community is ready to answer.