SHi by Journeys Employee Reviews

great discount horrbile higher up management
CO-MANAGER (Former Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 8, 2018
they work you like a slave if you management working sometimes over 60 hours a week on a base pay which is pretty low for most people and also commission based which sounds all butterflies and rainbows until you see you check and it is less than a part time employee at McDonalds. high up's say "replace or retrain" when you aren't hitting unobtainable goals so you never feel valued or secure.
Awesome job/ Super relaxed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 18, 2017
I loved working at shi, it was a great job. Everyone was so helpful and it was a very relaxed job. I would recommend this job to a teenager or someone who has never had a job before.
Very energetic and competitive workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 20, 2017
This was one of my favorite jobs; it was very fast paced and really allowed me to push toward meeting my weekly goals. I enjoyed meeting new people and helping them feel confident in the latest fashion trends.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYMay 13, 2017
I loved it, it was a great it's the same as a journeys company. Very fashionable at a reasonable price. Great to learn management expierence. Must be socially active to achieve sales
Benefits
Cons
Shortbreaks
manager
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 26, 2017
it is a nice place to start and get off your feet , i love working here but it is bad management and there is no worklife balance i love the people i worked with and the things i got to do but i ddint like the behind the scene aspect.
Pros
pay
Cons
no work-life balance, over worked and bad management
Fast paced, but fun.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 20, 2017
You work quite a bit, but it passes by quickly since you stay busy by doing tasks and helping customers. It's a great place to work. You get to have fun with your co workers and the customers, which makes the days pretty enjoyable.
Challenging workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTFebruary 11, 2017
Average days include trying to sell as many products as possible. Workplace culture is usually upbeat and goal oriented. The hardest part of the job is finding customer likes and dislikes. Enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and making new friends.
Pros
You meet lots of fun new people
Cons
No benefits and late nights
Perfect teenage job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 6, 2017
if youre looking for little hours or not so many. employees were friendly and got along well with , loved the fact of being able to dress up and falunt my flwas through the dress code. management was amazing, didnt have any favorites treated everyone equally and i really liked that. Everyone always had a positive attitude.
Pros
Paid break
Cons
10 minute break to eat
shi by journeys
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 27, 2016
The managers where not professional. The hours where bad and the pay was not good enough. The slow weeks would always hurt your paycheck. Not my favorite job.
Pros
shoes
Cons
pay
Very fun
Shoe Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 27, 2016
For my first job, this company was a great one to start out with. I enjoyed helping women find the perfect shoes for special occassions. My team was also great to work with.
Fun and productive
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 27, 2016
Working with customer to find their interest in shoes.
Worked in stock and auditing the store.
Co workers become like family.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the experiences of a first job.
Pros
Discounts, the people you meet.
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits.
Fun work place
Sales Associate/Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 10, 2016
A typical day at work was hit or miss as far as reaching your sales goals, it was either busy or no enough store traffic to meet your goals. The store is fairly small so the 2 managers worked most of the time. The work environment is pretty fun & laidback though you don't make much money.
Good company but poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 21, 2016
I had a good experience working at Shi by Journeys. It was my first job and I am happy with the knowledge I obtained. This job taught me how to interact very well with the customers and also taught me how to sell any product. I enjoyed my time here. It made me an amazing sales associate but the downside was that the management was very poor. The managers and some staff were very unprofessional.
Fun workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 17, 2016
Shi by Journeys is a fun job for teens who want to work in retail or want a cool part time job. The co workers were very nice and friendly as well as the customers.
Pros
Working with people, talking to customers
Cons
working hours
Productive new management is not good
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 14, 2016
Job is fun , new mamangent team is very young and very unorganIzed. The overall management ask for too much due to the location of the store in the mall the goals of the store and traffic do not match.
Retail
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJuly 19, 2016
Going to work everyday was enjoyable. The pay and benefits were not great but working with new people everyday made up for the dislike of pay.
Productive and exciting work environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHJuly 5, 2016
A typical day at work is simple, you greet the customer(s), give them a tour of the store and ask them if they need to try a shoe on and proceed to the sale. I learned that when a customer tells you no, they're not rejecting you, they're rejecting the item so don't give up on the sale. Management is very friendly and so are the co-workers, we're just one hard working team. The hardest part of the job is trying to make a sale and the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers.
not productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYJune 15, 2016
awful management, unorganized , never clean, poor customer service, no proper training to sales associates.
Hard Work
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAApril 24, 2016
Learned how to manage, maintain and run an establishment. Was exposed to a wide variety of customers on a daily basis. I got to be a team leader.
Pros
Commision
Cons
Short Breaks
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 20, 2016
I had an great experience at Shii because I was in highschool with an job inside of Hanes Mall. I loved working there, but I could not work there as of now!