SHi by Journeys Employee Reviews

Challenging workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTFebruary 11, 2017
Average days include trying to sell as many products as possible. Workplace culture is usually upbeat and goal oriented. The hardest part of the job is finding customer likes and dislikes. Enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and making new friends.
Pros
You meet lots of fun new people
Cons
No benefits and late nights
Good company but poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 21, 2016
I had a good experience working at Shi by Journeys. It was my first job and I am happy with the knowledge I obtained. This job taught me how to interact very well with the customers and also taught me how to sell any product. I enjoyed my time here. It made me an amazing sales associate but the downside was that the management was very poor. The managers and some staff were very unprofessional.
Fun and productive
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 27, 2016
Working with customer to find their interest in shoes.
Worked in stock and auditing the store.
Co workers become like family.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the experiences of a first job.
Pros
Discounts, the people you meet.
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits.
Productive and exciting work environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHJuly 5, 2016
A typical day at work is simple, you greet the customer(s), give them a tour of the store and ask them if they need to try a shoe on and proceed to the sale. I learned that when a customer tells you no, they're not rejecting you, they're rejecting the item so don't give up on the sale. Management is very friendly and so are the co-workers, we're just one hard working team. The hardest part of the job is trying to make a sale and the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers.
Productive new management is not good
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 14, 2016
Job is fun , new mamangent team is very young and very unorganIzed. The overall management ask for too much due to the location of the store in the mall the goals of the store and traffic do not match.
Fast paced, but fun.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 20, 2017
You work quite a bit, but it passes by quickly since you stay busy by doing tasks and helping customers. It's a great place to work. You get to have fun with your co workers and the customers, which makes the days pretty enjoyable.
Fun work place
Sales Associate/Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 10, 2016
A typical day at work was hit or miss as far as reaching your sales goals, it was either busy or no enough store traffic to meet your goals. The store is fairly small so the 2 managers worked most of the time. The work environment is pretty fun & laidback though you don't make much money.
shi by journeys
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 27, 2016
The managers where not professional. The hours where bad and the pay was not good enough. The slow weeks would always hurt your paycheck. Not my favorite job.
Pros
shoes
Cons
pay
Very fun
Shoe Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 27, 2016
For my first job, this company was a great one to start out with. I enjoyed helping women find the perfect shoes for special occassions. My team was also great to work with.
Retail
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJuly 19, 2016
Going to work everyday was enjoyable. The pay and benefits were not great but working with new people everyday made up for the dislike of pay.
Fun workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 17, 2016
Shi by Journeys is a fun job for teens who want to work in retail or want a cool part time job. The co workers were very nice and friendly as well as the customers.
Pros
Working with people, talking to customers
Cons
working hours
not productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYJune 15, 2016
awful management, unorganized , never clean, poor customer service, no proper training to sales associates.
Fun environment but not enough compensation for work
Sales Associate, Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 18, 2015
I was one of only two managers in our entire store and while we weren't extremely high volume, it was exhausting work as one of the managers had to be in the store at all times. I was required to work 45 hours a week but typically went well over that. The compensation for the work was okay but the actual work took over your life so much and demanded so much that I felt a pay raise would have been more fair to the employees. However, I loved the atmosphere and the experience I gained working for Shi by Journeys. My store manager was great and very helpful when it came to training employees and myself on necessary sales skills to succeed in this job. The part time employees were typically very inexperienced when they first joined the team but with training, they would usually learn to do a lot better. Overall, I think this company could be a good place to work but it just depends on what you're looking for out of a job :-)
Great laid-back atmosphere but extremely too many hours with very little pay off.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 8, 2012
I worked for the company for over 3 years because it is a good and fun company. Unfortunately I felt as management I was getting very little back for all the hours and work I was putting in. I would say working a part-time or in possibly in the home office (which you'd have to relocate to Tennesse) would be the best or "happiest" jobs in the company.
Pros
friendly atmosphere, 40% discount on everything, great training/learning experience.
Cons
to be a "good" manager you need to put in at leaat 50 - 65 hours a week, little to no weekends off, comission with an extremely small salary
Productive and Progressing store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTApril 11, 2015
This has been so far one of my favorite places to work at! I picked it up as a second job along with my very first job that I have ever had. It was nice to walk into an environment that was fast paced, progressing, and where your team is there to help and support you. Training was quick and easy and you definitely see progression through yourself as you continue to work. The hardest part of this job for me, was enabling myself to get out of my comfort zone and find fun new ways to approach people. The most enjoyable part was talking to interesting customers, trying on the new crazy shoes, and who can't enjoy a 40% discount?
Pros
40% discount, reasonable breaks, benefits, progression
Cons
minimum pay
Best work place ever
Sales Associate-Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GA 30144April 7, 2016
very fun environment, you get to meet new people. All mangers are nice and understanding. manager was always there to help
Pros
discount on shoes
Cons
no cons
Hard Work
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAApril 24, 2016
Learned how to manage, maintain and run an establishment. Was exposed to a wide variety of customers on a daily basis. I got to be a team leader.
Pros
Commision
Cons
Short Breaks
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 20, 2016
I had an great experience at Shii because I was in highschool with an job inside of Hanes Mall. I loved working there, but I could not work there as of now!
Productive and fun work place with many chances for advancement.
Comanager (Current Employee) –  Rockaway, NJApril 2, 2012
Working for this company has taught me patients, courtesy, management styles, as well as responsibilities. I have also made good friends within my co-workers, as well as good connections. The hardest thing about my job is pulling the 12 hour shifts all the time and working off of commission.
Pros
great management, enjoyable working atmosphere, pleasent customers
Cons
working off of commission and the hours
It was a very enjoyable place to work at.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 17, 2016
I learned great sales techniques and learned how to easily communicate with customers. Making your daily sales goals was easy and there was always a fun, upbeat environment.
Pros
You could tell you were appreciated as an employee and you had a 40% off discount.
Cons
Short shifts and minimal hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SHi by Journeys. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7