SHIEL MEDICAL LABORATORY

SHIEL MEDICAL LABORATORY Employer Reviews

most of the shift I worked with were team players...
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Brooklyn New YorkMay 7, 2014
Pros: most people were nice
Cons: management; and traveling into the bny
Job duties were repetitive. Coworkers were nice for the most part. Management is were the problems begin...Management is more interested in keeping their "friends" happy than performing the jobs at hand. Discipline was never "across the board"; it depended who you were.

Overall an ok place to work if you can deal with all the cronyisms!
Good hands on patient care experience.
PHLEBOTOMIST TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), New Hyde Park, NYApril 1, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: worked six days a week.
We had good volume of patients most days. Where other days, towards the afternoon were slow. That's when we checked our supplies and requisitions. Overall, good company to work for and good benefits.
I enjoyed me time at Shiel
Front Desk Receptionist/Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 29, 2013
A great lab with excellent staff and management. I gained alot of knowledge and loved my working environment
Challenge everyday and always something new to learn
Logistics Courier/Route Driver (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 24, 2013
It's a good place to work but can be overwhelming at times. Co workers are friendly, management is management but hey it's a job that was interesting and never a dull moment.
Avoid working here!
Client Service Representative (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 5, 2013
The worst company to ever work for. Management has no concept of managing anything. Work environment extremely hostile. Pay is very low and work responsibilities very high. No accountability system, its all about who you know and not what you can do. Your skills and effort will never be appreciated.
Confined work space.
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 5, 2013
Pros: great starting pay
Cons: one 30 minute break throughout 10 hour shift
Typical day at work meant sitting in front of a computer answering the telephone, making phone calls and sending emails to drivers all shift. Didn't learn much at this job other than communication skills. Co-workers, some were great to work with, others were out there to make your life miserable as you worked, The most enjoyable part about the job was – more... going to drive a route and pick up specimens. – less
NO PRESSURE AND STRESSED
ACCESSIONIST / ENCODER (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: extend hours
Cons: short breaks
I LEARNED TO WORK WITH OTHER PEOPLE FROM DIFFERENT COUNTRIES.

I ENHANCE MY TYPING SKILLS.

EVERYTHING IS FINE IF YOU MAY JUST DO YOUR WORK AND STOP THINKING ABOUT HARDSHIP.

WHEN THERE IS NO SO MUCH STUFF TO DO.
No team work
VNS Representative (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 6, 2012
Pros: overtime
Cons: no advancement/no growth
As a VNS representative, I extract data from the Visiting Nursing Services data base and enter them in the form of a pre-scheduled requisition order in our Auto lims database. I have learned the variations of tubes that can be used for different tests, which helps me as a phlebotomist. Unfortunately, there is no team work if mistakes are made, therefore – more... there is no depth in the relationships formed with co-workers, just cordial manners. My supervisor likes to hold on to good employees. He does not give room for growth, bombards you with responsibilities outside of your job criteria, and he does not promote advancement. – less
BUSY FRIENDLY WORKPLACE
MEDICAL BILLER (Former Employee), BROOKLYN, NYMay 30, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: many non paid jewish holidays
I ENJOYED WORKING AT A JOB THAT WAS OPEN 24/7.PEOPLE WERE ALWAYS COMING & GOING.EVERYONE WAS FRIENDLY & HELPFUL.