Shift4 Corporation Employee Reviews

Great training.
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 4, 2017
Mass amounts of phone calls, helping merchants with credit card transactions. Helping to setup software and hardware such as pin pads and EMV card readers.
Pros
Free Sodas
Cons
Short Breaks and Lunches
The worst employment experience I've ever had!
Salaried employee (Former Employee) –  Summerlin CorporateOctober 25, 2016
At first all seemed good. Except for lower than average salary and only 1 week vacation for the first 2 years I loved the work I was doing and was allowed to work on certifications during company time. This all started to change after about 5 months in. Certain individuals have "golden child" status and free rein so-to-speak, and are never held accountable for their failures, issues, and treatment of others. When you can't even rely on the owners to back you up... instead I got pulled off my work to do something I was not hired to do because golden child didn't like me. Shift4 has the most toxic work environment I have ever experienced. I've never been made to feel more powerless, inadequate, and stupid in my life. There are some good people working there but they get buried in all the political bull by those who would rather act like children instead of doing their jobs. The departments are the exact opposite of teamwork which doesn't make sense because they are all there to do the same thing... make the company successful and keep a paycheck. A manager once joked that we will all need therapy after this job... and we laughed but it was kind of true. It took me two months after quitting to give a care about anything anymore and even think of working again. Until the owners can pull up their big boy and big girl panties and actually control their people they will continue to lose employees left and right. Oh, and I found out after I left that this company is notorious with recruiters in town!
Pros
Ability to advance yourself with training and certifications paid for by the company.
Cons
Absolutely horrid management practices, toxic culture that will drag you down into the depths of hades.
Workforce Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 26, 2014
Enjoy the people. The execs could be more personable but thats the corporate world, I guess.
Pros
Great compensation.
Cons
Silly HR policies, micro-managing, and some of the wrong people in leadership
Insufficient training and non responsive management
Customer Service/Support Tech (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas NVAugust 28, 2014
Just could not handle how poor and unhelpful the management was.
A Job not a Career path.
Customer Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 31, 2013
The day will always start handling calls all inbound and making some outbound calls on open cases.

I learned about how to configure and integrate Point of Sale and Property Management systems with their software as well as how to audit and edit funds before they are sent out to get collected on among a lot of other things technical with many POS and PMS systems.

The management is very unprofessional and lost, they allow young people to curse and say profanity while on the floor. No kind of professionalism at all they have had 15 people while I was there let go, they are clueless on who to make a team leader, they choose who they feel is better fit for a position based on popularity and not qualifications. No structure, they need a lot of work internally.

co-workers are loud when they are not busy they are careless with words when others are on the phone. Some are very professional others are not a majority are not.

The hardest part, is going into work because you dont know what kind of mood your superiors are going to be in, when their day is bad they carry it to others and bring moral down, they dont know how to leave personal issues at the door and carry that into work and it reflects onto others.

Most enjoyable part is the break room free soda and coffee.
Pros
Free soda and coffee
Cons
management when they are in a bad mood they take it out on the employees
Not recommended
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 16, 2013
Not recommended
High turnover at all levels
Ask for your background check results
Cons
turnover is high
Good company
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 18, 2012
This company has great potential to move forward in the credit card industry. They are very competitive in their industry and pride themselves on Customer Service

The company does have great benefits, and a number of events employees can go to, such as the annual company picnic, and their Christmas party.

I loved being able to go into work every day and show how strong my skills were.
Pros
excellent benefits, company picnic, company christmas party
Cons
family ran business left little-to-no opportunity to advance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shift4 Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6