Shimano Employee Reviews

Pearl Izumi Rides On
Dealer Service Representative/Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COAugust 18, 2016
Amazing folks here at Shimano that put forth their own passion and energy into every single product. Learned that you can always lean on others for help and the team work side is unlike any other company. Establishing the relationship with the accounts and the people that work here is what keeps the wheels turning.
Pros
Ping pong table for stress relief
Cons
Everything is open, no cubicles.
could be a fun place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Ladson, SCSeptember 16, 2015
management was a little lacking. Knew most of what I was doing. Hardest part was dealing with the pay. My teammates was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
discount on products we sold
Cons
short breaks
12 hour shifts and pay is horrible
Rod Packing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 6, 2015
Prepare and package fishing rods by certain time frames, very fast pace environment, paying close attention to details on rods, trained others, and organization is a must when packaging in bulk, up to 8 or more pallets on 12 hours days.
Pros
benefits are good
Cons
pay is horrible
No bad of a company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ladson, SCSeptember 5, 2014
Go in on time and get the tasks tht needed to be done. Then I always find that I like to stay busy, it makes the day go by alot faster.The one part about this job, is that I felt like their waS no moving up in the company.
Productive workplace good co-workers
Packing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 8, 2014
The work in the warehouse is easy, but long hours constantly. The pay is minimum wage, so even with a bunch of overtime you still don't benefit. Management is clueless on how to operate the daily functions, and as a result a lot of overtime is incurred that could be easily avoided. They have temp workers that have been there over two years.
Pros
good co-workers, job security
Cons
sticklers, on, breaks, and, lunches, more, concerned, with, being, a
Fun place to work
Distribution Associate (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 24, 2013
Very productive environment. Learned warehouse operation, certified forklift operator, shipping systems.
Pros
team work
Received a lot of skills/ knowledge with this company
ASSEMBLER/PACKER (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 19, 2013
A regular day at Dynacast would be at starting of shift make sure my machine is functioning properly check oil level and make sure it has no spills, as i was second shift i like to double check my machine in case first shift missed something. As the press machine was making parts i would inspect the parts quickly and accurately to make sure they had no defect or if it did i would toss it or if fixable i would set aside to later sand/ or burr down the defective area.I get along extremely well with people, i enjoyed my co-workers not only at this job but at all my jobs thus far, never had no problems or conflicts, as i am very kept to myself. The hardest part of this job was to try and determine/ guess when the machine would throw hot pieces of scrap up in the air, not that the machine would notify but having to always be aware and alert of the situation was concerning as i didn't want any one, or myself to get hurt.
Pros
company appreciates employees and management treats well.
Cons
laid off a 30% of newer employees due to lack of work.