Shindig is building a patented software architecture for online engagement based around video chat. Everyone hates video chat and we figured out why. With our technology we are creating revolutionary new types of web experiences revolving around online events, gaming, social networks, distance learning, and other meaningful online activities. Our technology is transformative and promises a new mode of online engagement. The platform has already been used to power many notable events including those run by TEDx, Bill Gates, Guy Kawasaki, and over 300 major authors.
We are looking for a hands-on VP Engineering to lead the tech team, guide architectural decisions, demonstrate and ensure good coding habits, and partner with the CEO in defining and executing technology strategy. This role is 50-75% hands on software development, though that will most likely change as the company continues to grow.
- Define and execute our technology strategy
- Build and manage a team of engineers
- Balance the support of client needs with the long term development of a great product and minimize technical debt
- Exceptional programming ability
- Prior engineering management experience with a track record of leading strong engineers
- Ability to make smart technical decisions while collaborating with business-side people
- Experience overcoming high scalability technology challenges. Google Hangouts can have a maximum of 10 participants. We support 1000.
- Strong experience with Flex
Nice To Have
- Prior startup CTO or engineering lead experience
- Experience with video streaming, ideally with video chat, especially via AMS
- Experience in relevant verticals that we support, such as distance learning
Our company founder and CEO, Steve Gottlieb, is a serial entrepreneur and longtime angel tech investor. His past career highlights include founding and running TVT Records, one of the largest independent music companies in the US, with 30 Gold, Platinum, and Multi-platinum releases to its credit. Steve's productions included the Television's Greatest Hits Series; his artistic discoveries included Nine Inch Nails, Pitbull, Lil Jon, Ja Rule, Sevendust, KLF, Underworld, and Brian Jonestown Massacre among others. He served on the board of MusicMatch, the advisory board of Napster, and acted as angel investor at several other tech ventures.
Shindig is funded by the Vlock Pritzker family office whose interests include a broad portfolio of private and public equities, real estate, biotech, medical and industrial equipment, venture capital funds and substantial holdings in Marmon Group and Global Hyatt Corporation.