Shionogi Inc Employee Reviews

Great Learning Environment, not a secure work environment
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Florham Park, NJNovember 8, 2017
They tend to let people go, no one is safe and people just disappear and people don't talk about it. It is hard to be comfortable in a job like that, but I did learn an enormous amount.
pharmaceutical saesl company.
Professional Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAMay 31, 2017
sales of pharmaceuticals
called on doctors and medical staff'
trained new hires and tenured employees on hardware and software
traveled in territory between sb and slo
Fun while it lasts
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJMarch 31, 2017
Shionogi has a great culture but seems disorganized at times with a lack of communication to the field. The products were fun to sell and management is easy to work with most of the time.
Women's health sales representative
Professional Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 13, 2017
Promoted a product for women who have approached menopause. Traveled with in NM and El Paso TX promoting product to 130 targets in the area. Typical day entailed the usual pharma expectations...but I always do more.
Management was good and helpful.
The hardest part was the large territory and travel.
The most enjoyable part was being good at what you do and becoming a part of the offices you call on and becoming someone they trust.
I am only contracting with them
Sr. Consultant (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJFebruary 6, 2017
I am only contracting with them and I can't comment too much on the internal culture ect.
But I felt the management changes can be drastic lacking of planning.
Professional career for the high energy individual
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJNovember 28, 2016
Definitely an amazing career to have, the pride in helping patients is really felt and the challenge with new product launches drives a certain person to work very hard.
Pros
Comapny car
Cons
Bring work home most days
Shionogi has little respect for their employees.
Professional Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJNovember 14, 2016
Shionogi has a very aggressive and demanding attitude toward territory sales consultants. They seek out and hire managers that are loyal to corporate zeal rather than as coaches to a team. Managers that dared to balk at what corporate was demanding of sales teams were fired. Managers who threaten your employment, demand more (more calls per day, more evening programs, more detailed reports/busy work with "fire drill" deadlines). The work life balance is non-existent...it's all work, work, work. Corporate events are lavish and they do spend and spend, they just don't listen. I worked with great people who ultimately left...those that remain are entrenched and have little choice but to stay since they've been there so long. The best part of this job is when I left and joined a company that treats me like a human.
Pros
They put money into marketing campaigns and lavish meetings.
Cons
Little to no respect for the employees.
unstable environment
Executive Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  USSeptember 4, 2015
This company is run by an outside of the US company which does not have experience in the US. Reps are treated very poorly. There is no chance to make money. No one is rewarded. Reps are taken for granted. Very underpaid.
Pros
great product to promote
Cons
terrible culture
...
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Florham Park, NJAugust 17, 2015
Shionogi Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Shionogi & Co., Ltd., a leading Japanese pharmaceutical company. We are in a unique position of having the financial backing and the research capabilities of a well-established leading Japanese pharmaceutical company, matched with the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up company.
Company pays well and you get your experience..... long term is a no-go
High level (Former Employee) –  NJMay 15, 2015
Management is a revolving door
Turnover is EXTREMELY high, you wont see more than a handful of people with more than 2-3 years there. Entire departments turnover every 2-3 years
Shionogi USA was around before, closed, and tried again....
Working with the Japanese was a good experience
Bonuses were good, but declining
Company sold off most of their drugs -= perhaps to keep things afloat
Only drug they have on the market is Osphena and it is doing extremely poory (Sales staff have been cut...... again)
Pros
Good experience, people are nice, benefits were good
Cons
2-3 years max, burnout is highly likely, bonuses are decreasing, high turnover, crestor cliff is starting to show (Shionogi depended on Crestor royalties heavily, but that is ending now - back ups for Crestor cliff have been unsuccessful to date
worked as a sales consultant
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYApril 30, 2015
Selling pharmaceutical products to physicians.
Help HCPs know about current products available for patients.
This was the best part of the day.
Challenging and good work/life balance
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Florham Park, NJMarch 15, 2015
Shionogi Inc is the subsidiary of Shionogi & Co, which is a pharmaceutical company with headquarters in Japan. This company is dedicated to developing medicines that protect the health of patients worldwide. The work is challenging and this company has a great work/life balance.
Its a creer - What can I say
Specialty District Manager (Current Employee) –  Provo, UtahOctober 31, 2014
I have worked here for 2.5 years and it has been an interesting ride. I have had good bonuses but I do get a micro-management culture.
Pros
My bonus
Cons
My company car
Compensation is good, Employee turnover is pretty High
IT (Current Employee) –  Florham Park, NJAugust 13, 2014
As stated above Compensation is pretty decent with benefits, but the employee tunrover is very high. Management change over night, I have seen entire departments being let go. Departments dissolve easily. Unpredictable company future.
Pros
Compensation and Benefits
Cons
Life Balance and Company future
Good company for the most part
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 11, 2014
Good company but limited opportunities available. Have learned alot during my time here, but realizie there may be additional opportunities outside of Shionogi that can help me grow professionally.
meeting and detailing physicians daily
Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicopee, MAJune 10, 2014
Educate and detail my products, so the physicians have a clear understanding and then are able to prescribe my product to their patients.
Pros
very social and meet interesting people every day
Cons
my current territory is Western Mass only and I live it CT
nice place
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJApril 20, 2014
friendly co-workers and a pleasure working with them. Upper management was really friendly as well.
Shionogi Review
Specialty Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Florham Park, NJApril 11, 2014
Positive work environment. I will have lessons that will last a life time.
Traveling every day to different place
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  MS Gulf Coast to Macon, MSMarch 26, 2014
Days spent calling on orthopedists, podiatrists, rheumatologists, ob/gyn 's, neurologists, internal medicine, family practice and nurse practioner's detailing them on benefits of product.

Great manager and team that were very supportive.
Productive, challenging,open work environment
Professional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 20, 2013
Specialty pharmaceutical representative. Market and promote Naprelan (NSAID) for pain and Osphena to a call point of 150 healthcare providers in Middle Tennessee. Call points: Rheumatology, Orthopedics, Pain Management, Surgeons, PCP and Podiatry.Currently 125% of goal for Naprelan, #6 /140 ranking nationally. #1 region for Naprelan and Osphena