Shippensburg University Employee Reviews

Relaxed but productive
Tutor for Supply Chain department (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAApril 6, 2016
Relaxed but productive. Shippensburg is awesome but they could pay their student workers more. I like it for the most part.
Student Worker Position
IT Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAFebruary 25, 2016
Flexible Scheduling to meet a my class schedule as a student. Worked with me to find available work hours to allow a healthy work/school balance.
Pros
Student Work, Flexible Scheduling
Great place
OFFICE OF MULTICULTURAL STUDENT AFFAIRS (Former Employee) –  Shippesburg, PennsylvaniaDecember 18, 2015
Great place to work. I just didn't like the people too much. The area where the university is located smells really bad and most of the students are really racist.
Workplace was enjoyable
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PASeptember 30, 2015
This position had a lot of aspects to it. It helped me learn how to manage my time. I learned a lot about myself of what I am capable of and when I know I need to ask for help. It changed my perspective in life about a lot of things that I am now very happy I experienced.
Pros
My staff were fun to work with
Cons
Sometimes the hours were very long days
Great job for college students!
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 27, 2015
This is a great job for college students living on or off campus! The supervisors care about your educational advancement and will not work you to death! Shippensburg is and will always have a great culture.
Great place to work unless you are a student
Furniture Moving Specialist - Set (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAJuly 26, 2015
My typical day involved arriving at the warehouse and going around to the various school buildings and either delivering something, removing something or moving something from one place to another. I learned how to move things effectively.
Very nice students. Own office and computer.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAJune 26, 2015
Again very nice students and fellow Professors were all very helpful.
Able to construct and utilize my own course outlines and projects.
Great place to work and learn
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAJune 23, 2015
I worked there as a graduate assistant in the Admission's Office. I loved my supervisors and daily schedule. The hours were flexible and the pay was great (10/hr plus free tuition!).
Pros
sometimes free lunch!
Research driven atmosphere
Graduate researcher (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAApril 12, 2015
Juggling classwork, research, and laboratory duties was made exceptionally easy by the faculty. High volume media preparation was needed for large class sizes. I loved helping the students with their labs and encouraged them to get involved in research if they showed an interest. My fellow graduate assistant and supervisor where close friends and we were able to work together almost seamlessly even when wrenches were thrown into the mix. I miss working with them and still keep in touch.
Productive and Fun place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  cumberland countyMarch 16, 2015
Staff are very nice. Working at Shippensburg University allowed me to gain a lot of interpersonal skills. I was able to learn a lot of clerical skills and develop skills.
Excellent College Job
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PADecember 18, 2014
The work was consistent and felt like it was worthwhile to the people who were helped. This is a college labor job at university, the student employees were not paid based on experience or ability, everyone was given minimum
The people I worked with were great
Combat Medic (Current Employee) –  Lewistown, PAAugust 7, 2014
The job itself was an advantageous experience. I greatly enjoyed the university as well as the students that attended.
Pros
Great networking on campus
Cons
Late house on occasion
Shippensburg is moving forward.
President, Activities Program Board (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PaMay 3, 2014
Overall my experience at Shippensburg University was great. They really know how to cater to their students and make sure that everyone receives the appreciation they deserve.
Energetic Environment
DESK ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  ShippensburgFebruary 20, 2014
Worked for campus

Assured safety of residents

Worked with Residential Assistants
Pros
freedom to do classwork
Cons
slow
Loving family environment
Multicultural Student Affairs (MSA) (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PADecember 27, 2013
A typical day at work varies, of course there are certain duties that have to be done but overall the work environment is never dull. Managers (directors etc...) foster great relationships and mentor-ships. The hardest part of the job is sometime feeling as if you may not have impacting the lives of the students. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the students and seeing them develop professionally and personally.
Pros
family environment
Cons
location
Shippensburg University was a great place to be serving and feeding humgry students each day!!
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAOctober 20, 2013
Making all different salads, whipped butter, preparing the salad bars each day, making they have all kinds of great food in the deli department and serving lines of all kinds , ala cart, vegan bar, and of course all the cookies, pie and ice cream !! It was a nice place to meet and work with the co-workers of varies departments and even special events within the Shippensburg University like sports banquets and graduation and open house for the students .
Good entry level experience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAJune 23, 2013
I worked at Shippensburg University while I was pursuing my M.S. degree. Oftentimes the workload outweighed the compensation...however, it did give me valuable leadership experience.
An excellent learning environment
Academic Improvement Program Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAApril 13, 2013
I am able to interact with individuals from diverse backgrounds and develop my skills in data collect, processing and analysis.
Gained a lot of experience working with many different personality types, and enjoyed the life experience gained from my time there.
Executive Board/Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAApril 8, 2013
We would gather and discuss upcoming events, issues, completed tasks, the future of the organization, and what areas in which we could improve upon.
I would Work here again
Microcomputer Department staff (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAFebruary 28, 2013
Management and co-workers are a great experience. You have to deal with questions constantly which could be a bother for some.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shippensburg University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3