Shippensburg University Employee Reviews

Its slow but over all worth it
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PANovember 20, 2017
I didn't spend a lot of time working at the university but that`s because of personal reasons. I did love the management they were well rounded in my own opinion. I think the job is slow overall and have a big rush at around 12. I was given free meals there, which was a major benefit because I love food especially when its free. the job serves a good opportunity for people starting out so they can see well rounded employees so they maybe look to be well rounded as well.
Pros
free food
Cons
slow, not much to do
Shippensburg
Box Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAOctober 20, 2017
This position was part of the Activities board on campus and was a volunteer position open to students of the university only. This was listed under my experience but was not a paid position.
Custodian one
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAOctober 8, 2017
I enjoyed this work for the university which I was already familiar with the rules and protocols of higher learning from my Michigan State University career. The work was independent as I was assigned rooms and projects to complete for the days work. I also maintained professors offices and provided special requests like wash boards, coffee cups, etc.
Tutoring
Mathematics Department Tutor (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAOctober 4, 2017
Tutoring here was extremely convenient because I could decide my hours around my class schedule. I enjoyed the flexibility to have several hours a day instead of one or two long days.
Pros
Flexible, convenient
Cons
low pay
Great
MLK Assistant Coordinator and Event Planner (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAAugust 21, 2017
Its a great school and campus. The primary focus of the MLK Program is to create a learning community that will support the students in their quest to graduate from Shippensburg University.”
By far my favorite work place
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAAugust 11, 2017
This program created the man I am today. It helped me become of an outspoken leader, helping me build character. Also, allowing me to help others even after leaving the job of two years.
Great place to build your skillset
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAJuly 12, 2017
Shippensburg is a great entry-level employer for the IT market. It is a very learn as you go environment and the non stressful days far outweigh the few stressful ones.
Worked around class schedules, and was flexible if hours needed to change
Chemistry Tutor and Teacher's Assisstant (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAJune 26, 2017
I learned how to work with individuals of different skill level in approaching and solving common chemistry problems. In class experience was inviting and gave a new perspective as to how a classroom is run, as I was alongside the professor and aided in answering any questions the students may have. It was a flipped classroom style, which was new to me but enjoyable.
I was only a graduate assistant
Graduate Assistant Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAJune 2, 2017
Even the Graduate Assistant position gave me wonderful experience. Management was completely fair, which is a big deal for me. The full-time faculty and staff members seemed to enjoy their work.
Part time job to support myself in college.
Part-time Food Sevice Employee (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAApril 12, 2017
I had this job purely for the fact that I needed to support myself in college. Also added valuable experience in food service & management. I left this job when I graduated in 2014.
Pros
Free meals, good co-workers
Cons
Lackluster management, salary, lack of appreciation
It is a good job
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAApril 4, 2017
I loved working here but the things were slow and not as active until 12pm. At this time lots of university students come to eat and all and it is the most action you'll get. Its relatively easy but slow most of the time. I liked the people and everyone that works there.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Slow
Nice place of business
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAMarch 14, 2017
This library is a really nice place to work and very popular amongst places that a student wants to work. The staff is very diverse and very friendly.
Great job with Athletic Department
Athletic Equipment Manager (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAJanuary 16, 2017
I was the men's athletic department equipment manager and assisted in the distribution, collection, ordering, cleaning, repair and overall administration of all equipment and supply needs for the coaches and department. My superior was technically the athletic the athletic director, who was terrific, but I responded to the coaches needs and requests as though they were my superiors. This was mostly an enjoyable job as I was able to attend all football games and most home games of other sports. Football was the most demanding, especially during summer practice where there were two practices per day and all practice uniforms had to be was he and dried after each one. Lots of weekend work (overtime) and some long days.
Pros
Working with student athletes and coaches.
Cons
Some long days, several weekends, not much opportunity for advancement.
Shipp is the best place
Graduate Assistant Minority Student Affairs (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PADecember 21, 2016
Shippensburg University is a great school and a fine place to work. Under the tutelage of the Director of Minority Students Affairs, Ms. Diane Jefferson, I was able to work as a GA and complete my first graduate degree. I would recommend it for those seeking a sound education.
Pros
Great place
College job
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PASeptember 25, 2016
Good colllege jobs in food service. flexible hours and pay. Helps with college tuition. This review is for student jobs, not professional jobs. I had a good experience.
Relaxed but productive
Tutor for Supply Chain department (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAApril 6, 2016
Relaxed but productive. Shippensburg is awesome but they could pay their student workers more. I like it for the most part.
Student Worker Position
IT Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAFebruary 25, 2016
Flexible Scheduling to meet a my class schedule as a student. Worked with me to find available work hours to allow a healthy work/school balance.
Pros
Student Work, Flexible Scheduling
Great place
OFFICE OF MULTICULTURAL STUDENT AFFAIRS (Former Employee) –  Shippesburg, PennsylvaniaDecember 18, 2015
Great place to work. I just didn't like the people too much. The area where the university is located smells really bad and most of the students are really racist.
Workplace was enjoyable
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PASeptember 30, 2015
This position had a lot of aspects to it. It helped me learn how to manage my time. I learned a lot about myself of what I am capable of and when I know I need to ask for help. It changed my perspective in life about a lot of things that I am now very happy I experienced.
Pros
My staff were fun to work with
Cons
Sometimes the hours were very long days
Great job for college students!
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 27, 2015
This is a great job for college students living on or off campus! The supervisors care about your educational advancement and will not work you to death! Shippensburg is and will always have a great culture.