Shire

Shire Employee Reviews

Great benefits and people
US Market Access Manager (Current Employee), Chesterbrook, PAJune 5, 2015
Shire is expanding into new areas that offer the opportunity to learn all of the time on the job. I work with a great collaborative team that really cares about the work they do and how they add value to the organization.
Nice to work with
Senior Regulatory Affair Associate (Current Employee), Bedminster, NJMay 19, 2015
It will be a great place to work with in the rare disease field with a lot of potential and pipeline in the current and upcoming future.
Great company to work for with great benefits
Reimbursement Associate II (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAMay 19, 2015
Very relaxed workplace that allowed you to work at your own pace but also had a quota that needed to be met as we had a 48 hour turn around time with verification. Managers were not micro-managers as long as your work was done. All of my co-workers were great and we did a great deal of interfacing with each other to problem solve. There was definitely no hard part to this job as I loved going into work every day. The most enjoyable part of this job was that I loved what I was doing and the relationships I formed with other co-workers. I learned a great deal working at this job. I was already familiar with how insurance worked but was able to learn the coding and reimbursement side of things and learned a great deal about Medicare and Medicaid
While at Shire, I supported the Vice President Total Rewards and Talent Management. The pace was very fast and a wonderful learning experience.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Wayne, PAMay 6, 2015
Pros: Learning how a Human Resource department functions.
Cons: The department was restructured, which forced layoffs.
What I learned while at Shire I took with me to other positions. While working in Human Resources, I was able to experience the "other side" of the Human Resource world. My co-workers were wonderful to work with, we worked as a team. I miss that team spirit.
Good company
Field Sales (Current Employee), USAApril 23, 2015
Very GOod company. good products, pay and benefits. great people
constant change in management. respected products adn salesforce
Culture of improvement, growth and transparency
Sr QA Compliance Specialist (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAApril 22, 2015
Pros: free lunches, company events
Cons: some units dont follow the flexible work policy
I quickly sensed that this company took improvement seriously, communications from the CEO were timely and thorough with eye set on growth.
Great company
Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: team oriented
Cons: biometric timecard
awesome place to work although job security was not guaranteed. company cares about ti's employees. Got to participated in team building events and free lunches.
Process-oriented company, willing to pay for top talent.
Sr. Compliance & Process Associate (Current Employee), Wayne, PAMarch 24, 2015
Shire is a small, up and coming biotech firm. The company has become increasingly process-oriented and continues to drive and establish behaviors that will help make its processes more effective.
Productive work space with good culture
Office Services Associate (Current Employee), Bedminster, NJMarch 13, 2015
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: poor manager to report to
Typical day at work was very busy, there is always something to be doing to stay productive. I went from stocking kitchens to being the only one that purchases and tracks product in my department in a years time. I had to manage my vendors and train/manage a new employee that was brought on board to assist. I had some issues with management that i was reporting to. The co-workers here were simply great. Everyone is very supportive and friendly. The hardest part was the mismanagement and insufficient salary. Other than that I enjoyed all aspects thoroughly.

This is mostly NPS oriented*****
Great Company; like the culture; but it is changing
Associate Clinical Technologies Director (Current Employee), Wayne, PAMarch 1, 2015
Shire has moved towards providing it's employees with a good work/life balance.
The benefits, bonus and salary is really good.
However, you must be willing to live in Massachusetts if you want to continue employment.
Company takes care of their employees
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: the company always took care of the stars of the company with great bonuses, incentives and trips.
Cons: relocating to accept the position.
Manage territory growth by growing relationships with healthcare professionals through education of products and the changing of compliance measures. I learned that success can be achieved by consistently valuing the relationships of my customers and making myself stand out from the competition by bringing value to each and every customer on every call. At first management was great, with lots of consistent positive and constructive review. When management and the structure of the company changed (CEO, Zone Director, and Regional Director), so did the attitudes and moral of several employees, causing – more... confusion and uncertainty of the future with the company. At this point it was challenging to call a team member for help, without hearing negativity about our company and positions, but overall they are team oriented and always open to helping with growth and overcoming obstacles that sometimes arise in some offices. The hardest part of my job was scheduling time to meet our 3rd party vendor at my storage unit to accept samples, because of the size of my territory and our availability to meet on the same day at the same time each month. The most enjoyable part of my job was watching the amount of market share that I would capture each month from my competition. I really enjoyed growing the relationships with my doctors and their staff. – less
nice atmosphere to work in.
Senior Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee), Wayne, PAFebruary 16, 2015
I have honed my negotiating skills here. my company President treats me as his equal. I am happy to be working here.

the staff is friendly and i feel at home here.
Fast Paced Library Role
Library Services Specialist (Current Employee), Wayne PAJanuary 29, 2015
Information specialist with expertise in managing integrated digital library systems, providing copyright advice and training for information systems, and coordinating document delivery for both internal colleagues and external agencies. Strong technical and organizational skills. Well versed in literature searching in various databases.
Fun Place to work
SharePoint Portal Analyst (Former Employee), Chesterbrook, PAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: internal team events
Cons: non
The days at Shire are smooth and well structured. I learned at Shire the foundation of strong collaboration and communication fosters team success.
Good Company/Bad Management
Clinical Trial Associate (Current Employee), Lexington, MAJanuary 10, 2015
The company is a good place to work. That being said, my manager is inexperienced. He penalizes employees who go above and beyond and are making the CTA position in more of an administrative position.
Good benefits, compensation, and a great culture
Associate Director (Current Employee), ChesterbrookJanuary 6, 2015
The work/life balance is very accommodating and people are treated well. Overall it is a great company to work for with a very unique culture.
Good Place to Work
Team Lead - MS SQL SERVER DBA (Current Employee), Chesterbrook, PAJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: good place to work
Cons: northing
Good Place to Work, very good management, good oppertunity to improve our techincal skills
Nice place to be
QA Analyst (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PADecember 30, 2014
Was there for sort time but enjoyed working with team. Sort and sweet experience.
Very great company with a tremendous culture that encourages the development of its people
Regional Director (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 27, 2014
Pros: development, teamwork, culture
Company who encourages the development of its people with a fantastic culture that is built on teamwork. Built upon values centered around integrity. Most rewarding part about the job is seeing the success and progression of those individuals with whom I work.
Nice place with excellent benefits
Procurement Analyst (Current Employee), Wayne, PADecember 23, 2014
I worked at Shire for a little over a year. They have a very nice culture, but due to the industry, stability is something that does not exist. There is a lot of realignment and relocation to places such as Boston. They have their own cafeteria and gym. So nice perks exist if you join the company.

1 2 3 4 5

About Shire

Shire plc (Shire) is a specialty biopharmaceutical company that focuses on meeting the needs of the specialist physician. Shire – Read more

Shire Salaries