Shire Employee Reviews in United States

Great company to work for.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 21, 2015
Fantastic culture. Work-life balance is very important to Shire. Great CEO. Very strong pipeline in specialty markets. Fun place to work.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
n/a
did not enjoy this position as far as the environment
INTERNSHIP / TECHNICAL SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAAugust 14, 2015
This position was not the best internship experience I had. The environment was low key and mostly work in a cubical along and try to figure things out on your own. The experience iv taken with this internship was working and figuring things out on my own.
Pros
n/a
Cons
short breaks expensive lunches
Fast Pace with growth and ample learning opportunities
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAAugust 11, 2015
Very busy with several different task to perform and complete. Management support and guidance provided. Interaction with co-workers is pleasant and collaborative.
QC Laboratory Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lexington, MAJuly 20, 2015
Great benefits, great pay, great leadership. Colleagues are intelligent and professional. Opportunities for self development and career growth are plenty.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Flexible, good/fun team base inviroment,
Engineering I (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAJuly 15, 2015
This job position was one of the best I have had. The highlight being the people I work with, they are fun going and hard working. The job itself is flexible position one can wrestle for.
Varied experience
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAJune 29, 2015
If you know how to opperate in a highly political environment you will do well at Shire.

The benefits are excellent, however, if you are looking at a perminant position at the Chesterbrook office you should know that leadership has informed the employees at that location that it will not be open for very long. Probably be closed in the next two years. Many have been given notice that their positions have moved to Boston or their jobs eliminated.

How leadership/management works through this will be interesting.
Benefits
Cons
Leadership
Great benefits and people
US Market Access Manager (Current Employee) –  Chesterbrook, PAJune 5, 2015
Shire is expanding into new areas that offer the opportunity to learn all of the time on the job. I work with a great collaborative team that really cares about the work they do and how they add value to the organization.
Nice to work with
Senior Regulatory Affair Associate (Current Employee) –  Bedminster, NJMay 19, 2015
It will be a great place to work with in the rare disease field with a lot of potential and pipeline in the current and upcoming future.
Great company to work for with great benefits
Reimbursement Associate II (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAMay 19, 2015
Very relaxed workplace that allowed you to work at your own pace but also had a quota that needed to be met as we had a 48 hour turn around time with verification. Managers were not micro-managers as long as your work was done. All of my co-workers were great and we did a great deal of interfacing with each other to problem solve. There was definitely no hard part to this job as I loved going into work every day. The most enjoyable part of this job was that I loved what I was doing and the relationships I formed with other co-workers. I learned a great deal working at this job. I was already familiar with how insurance worked but was able to learn the coding and reimbursement side of things and learned a great deal about Medicare and Medicaid
While at Shire, I supported the Vice President Total Rewards and Talent Management. The pace was very fast and a wonderful learning experience.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAMay 6, 2015
What I learned while at Shire I took with me to other positions. While working in Human Resources, I was able to experience the "other side" of the Human Resource world. My co-workers were wonderful to work with, we worked as a team. I miss that team spirit.
Pros
Learning how a Human Resource department functions.
Cons
The department was restructured, which forced layoffs.
Good company
Field Sales (Current Employee) –  USAApril 23, 2015
Very GOod company. good products, pay and benefits. great people
constant change in management. respected products adn salesforce
Culture of improvement, growth and transparency
Sr QA Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 22, 2015
I quickly sensed that this company took improvement seriously, communications from the CEO were timely and thorough with eye set on growth.
Pros
free lunches, company events
Cons
some units dont follow the flexible work policy
Great company
Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 25, 2015
awesome place to work although job security was not guaranteed. company cares about ti's employees. Got to participated in team building events and free lunches.
Pros
team oriented
Cons
biometric timecard
Process-oriented company, willing to pay for top talent.
Sr. Compliance & Process Associate (Current Employee) –  Wayne, PAMarch 24, 2015
Shire is a small, up and coming biotech firm. The company has become increasingly process-oriented and continues to drive and establish behaviors that will help make its processes more effective.
Productive work space with good culture
Office Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Bedminster, NJMarch 13, 2015
Typical day at work was very busy, there is always something to be doing to stay productive. I went from stocking kitchens to being the only one that purchases and tracks product in my department in a years time. I had to manage my vendors and train/manage a new employee that was brought on board to assist. I had some issues with management that i was reporting to. The co-workers here were simply great. Everyone is very supportive and friendly. The hardest part was the mismanagement and insufficient salary. Other than that I enjoyed all aspects thoroughly.

This is mostly NPS oriented*****
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
poor manager to report to
Great Company; like the culture; but it is changing
Associate Clinical Technologies Director (Current Employee) –  Wayne, PAMarch 1, 2015
Shire has moved towards providing it's employees with a good work/life balance.
The benefits, bonus and salary is really good.
However, you must be willing to live in Massachusetts if you want to continue employment.
Company takes care of their employees
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXFebruary 26, 2015
Manage territory growth by growing relationships with healthcare professionals through education of products and the changing of compliance measures. I learned that success can be achieved by consistently valuing the relationships of my customers and making myself stand out from the competition by bringing value to each and every customer on every call. At first management was great, with lots of consistent positive and constructive review. When management and the structure of the company changed (CEO, Zone Director, and Regional Director), so did the attitudes and moral of several employees, causing confusion and uncertainty of the future with the company. At this point it was challenging to call a team member for help, without hearing negativity about our company and positions, but overall they are team oriented and always open to helping with growth and overcoming obstacles that sometimes arise in some offices. The hardest part of my job was scheduling time to meet our 3rd party vendor at my storage unit to accept samples, because of the size of my territory and our availability to meet on the same day at the same time each month. The most enjoyable part of my job was watching the amount of market share that I would capture each month from my competition. I really enjoyed growing the relationships with my doctors and their staff.
Pros
the company always took care of the stars of the company with great bonuses, incentives and trips.
Cons
relocating to accept the position.
nice atmosphere to work in.
Senior Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAFebruary 16, 2015
I have honed my negotiating skills here. my company President treats me as his equal. I am happy to be working here.

the staff is friendly and i feel at home here.
Fast Paced Library Role
Library Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wayne PAJanuary 29, 2015
Information specialist with expertise in managing integrated digital library systems, providing copyright advice and training for information systems, and coordinating document delivery for both internal colleagues and external agencies. Strong technical and organizational skills. Well versed in literature searching in various databases.
Fun Place to work
SharePoint Portal Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chesterbrook, PAJanuary 19, 2015
The days at Shire are smooth and well structured. I learned at Shire the foundation of strong collaboration and communication fosters team success.
Pros
internal team events
Cons
non