Shire

Productive and Professional Work Place
Senior Analyst, Quality (Current Employee), Frederick, MDJanuary 26, 2014
Productive and Professional Work Place, Good place to work
Got GI experience.
Executive Sales Representative, GI Sales (Former Employee), Frederick, MDJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: gi experience.
Cons: no pipeline.
Established GI relationships which would help in subsequent jobs.
Good Place
Histotechnologist (Former Employee), Lexington, MANovember 27, 2013
The shire brave culture is influential throughout everyones daily lives and it really fosters a great culture to be in
A great place with great benefits but needs work
Facilities (Former Employee), Lexington, MANovember 18, 2013
Pros: benefits, tries to maintain work/life balance
Cons: management, steady departure of personnel, still in transition
It is an excellent place to work and it offers great benefits to employees. It is actually in a transition phase from a small company acquired by a bigger company (Shire). Management is the biggest complaint that you hear from other employees.
Nice people
Computer Systems Validation Lead (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 25, 2013
Good culture. People are working on rare diseases. Lots of diversity too,
Lied to and minipulated
Facilities Shift Mechanic (Former Employee), Lexington, MAOctober 5, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: unreliable management
I worked for shire for six years and was present during there tradition from tkt Cambridge management and supervion are corrupt greedy and will do what they have to when hiding the truth I was a facilities tech and can tell you I have witnessed the corruption first hand
Zero work-life balance!
Manager (Former Employee), Lexington, MASeptember 8, 2013
Most people are helpful and there is lot of team spirit but extremely bureaucratic place.
Room for Growth and Learning
Document Control Specialist (Current Employee), Lexington, MAAugust 30, 2013
Im enjoying this experience very much and i feel like i have learned a lot and have been able to apply my knowledge in all different fields of my project. The only disadvantage is that is a temporary contract.
Great Management
Senior Clinical Data Specialist (Current Employee), Lexington, MAAugust 19, 2013
This is a great place to work and the managers are super supportive.
Great work environment.
Compliance Associate II (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDJuly 31, 2013
An innovating an environment. Self respect and trust were key instruments. A career building environment with adequate training in achieving both the company's goal and the individual. Provided me the opportunity to acquire my over seven years pharmaceutical working experience, from operations through quality.
My position with Shire Pharamcuetical was only as a short term contractor. I succeeded in organizing and recording the necessary documents for them.
QC Record Retention Associate (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJuly 29, 2013
Pros: good company, and business partner.
Cons: i did not work directly for them, therefore, i cannot answer this question.
My work for Shire Pharamceutical was only on a contract basis, and only for about 3 mos. I helped them prepare for FDA inspection with regards to their training records. With my assistance, they passed their inspection with flying colors.
Great Company
Process Operator III (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDJuly 22, 2013
Pros: good benefits and perks
Shire Pharmacueticals in Owings, Mills MD was a great company.
The benefits, advancement, salary. Unfortunantely the site shutdown in 2011. Main headquarters still open.
Productive place to work Fun
Group Leader (Former Employee), Owings Mills MdJuly 15, 2013
Pros: pay was great people as well
Cons: non
Very awesome place to work people were nice everyone got along. The company was a great place took care of there employees.
Greedy managers who earn too much money and complain about not getting enough perks
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Wayne, PAJuly 13, 2013
Pros: very high pay, especially for the industry, great benefits
Cons: horrible work environment, no way an admin could advance, too many bosses
I have never seen a company pat itself on the back as much as Shire and treat their people terribly, especially their administrative assistants. If you found yourself unluckily in a department with a manager who was only worried about his own advancement, you may as well have signed up for indentured servitude.
a home away from home
Senior Production Operator (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDJune 28, 2013
Pros: i loved the everything, paid, benefits, and co-workers etc.
Cons: i hate when shire closed its doors for good
Shire was a company where u keep learning on a daily basic. a place where we was more then an employee, we were more like a family. the employees always went above and beyond the companies expectations and the company did the same thing in return for the employees.
Very fun work environment and everyone was very helpful
SAP Business Objects application / system tester (Former Employee), Chester, PAJune 3, 2013
Pros: great work environment, awesome people to work with, incredible work atmosphere, very knowledgable management staff, programmers, very good equipement and systems are in front of the industry
Cons: a lot of company and ceo changes currently in process
I learned more in 4 months at Shire than I have learn in a year, I wish my contract was longer but the Shire management staff made sure I finished my work on time and this work experience expanded my knowledge of SAP Business Objects software and process service systems. This work experience at Shire receives an A++++++++ Grade, I pray this company – more... continues this type of work environment and I wish Shire all the best in the future!!!! – less
Productive and Casual Work Place
Knowledge Management Systems Support Specialist (Current Employee), Chesterbrook, PAMay 6, 2013
1. A typical day at work - UAT testing for an MSL and MedComm application - supporting users - adding and deleting users - modifying the system with the vendor.
Testing on a pilot application which is going live within the next 2 months.
2. What you learned - Not everyone should be treated in the same manner - keep personalities in mind. I work well – more... under pressure when required, which is often. I can work every day to learn a better way to do the job processes and improve upon them as a part of my own on-going Lessons Learned activity.
3. Your co-workers - know your co-workers and how to work with them to benefit both myself and my colleagues.
4. The hardest part of the job - Writing scripts at a level where you test all scenarios but not too much testing lest you never get the project into Production.
5. The most enjoyable part of the job - Delivery of very good work in a timely fashion and helping other colleagues to keep the workload processes moving smoothly. – less
Great company
Account Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 27, 2013
Excelled in all of my roles within Shire. Shire has great opportunities to excel in your career through advancement opportunities to top performers.
great place to work
Warehouse/Driver - Chain Supply (Former Employee), Reading, MAApril 22, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: gossip!!
Great atmosphere! Dynamite job. In work at a early time. Had plenty of O.T.
PPM Data Analyst (Current Employee), Chesterbrook, PAApril 14, 2013
Shire Pharma was productive with a great environment. I learned a lot here.

About Shire

Shire plc (Shire) is a specialty biopharmaceutical company that focuses on meeting the needs of the specialist physician. Shire – Read more

Shire Photos