Shlemmer Algaze Associates

Shlemmer Algaze Associates Employer Reviews

Positive Place to Work that Continues to Improve
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), Culver CityMay 21, 2013
Pros: great people, wine down fridays, summer hours, open to change, casual
Cons: high healthcare costs, some growing pains
I’ve been with SAA for nearly two years now and have watched the firm evolve for the better over that time. I find the executive team to be very approachable and honest. Employees are friendly, helpful and strive for a team environment. Any bumps I’ve experienced over my tenure have been addressed in an effort to make my work experience the best possible. – more... The firm as a whole has also made a giant push over the last 6 months to provide employees with added benefits during work hours such as Wine Down Fridays, summer hours and added days off throughout the year. This effort has definitely not gone unnoticed. While no firm is perfect and this one still has some areas for improvement such as high healthcare costs, I would say that the fact that the firm is open to constructive criticism and dedicated to improving demonstrates that the positives far outweigh the negatives. I have recommended friends to SAA and will continue to do so as it has provided me with a positive place of work. – less
Busy Growing Firm
Corporate (Former Employee), Culver City, CAMay 15, 2013
Pros: competitive pay, good benefits, summer hours
Cons: not many career advancement opportunities
I enjoyed my time with SAA and loved working with my colleagues on all levels. During my time there, I saw the firm grow quite a bit, and it seems to continue on this path. Because the firm is so busy, there is a variety of work for one to jump into and I felt that my efforts were valued.
Disorganized Firm with an Unprofessional Staff
Marketing (Former Employee), Culver CityMarch 29, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
It should have been my first indicator that this was going to be the wrong choice for me since I was offered the job just a couple of days after my interview. They didn't call my references or verify my previous employment. The scope of work that was advertised for which I applied for, was not the actual job description. The department I was hired for – more... had no supervision and it clearly needed it. The firm is very disorganized. I didn't receive any HR training or paperwork documenting my new job for the first week of employment. While the handful of senior staff that I did work with were for the most part professional and reasonably personable, my direct team mates were a nightmare. On my third day with this firm, my team mates were telling me how they create fake names for people they work with so that they can talk bad about them without their knowledge. What?!? This wasn't my only red flag about the team, there were plenty of others.

Moving on to their tech capabilities. There was not one day that went by when I could print from any of my programs. The network was always slow and I literally would pray for my documents to print as I would pray for rain in the desert. It was a nightmare!

If I had a chance to give them a star rating, I would give them one star. I would never work for them again, I would never refer this firm to anyone in the industry and I would never recommend them to a friend. I worked for this firm for 6 weeks, and I am thankful for the experience, because it taught me that I should always do my research on a company just as much as I expect them to do me. In a 40 hour per week position, it is important to be treated like a professional and to feel like a professional. There are firms that strive to treat their employees very well, and give them a reason to be proud of their company and in return provide great service. That's another thing this firm really needs to work on.

If you are a professional who takes their career seriously, I recommend you run away from anyone who approaches you with a job offer with Shlemmer Algaze & Associates. I have never written a review on anyone or anything before, this is my first time. Considering that I chose my first review to be about an employer I was with for only 6 weeks should be a strong indicator of this firms unprofessionalism. – less