Shmoop Employee Reviews in United States

1099 gig
1099 (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMarch 24, 2016
Do not plan on depending on this for any type of stable income.
With that said, you can work from home (when there is work).
Don't expect career advancement. It is like working for Uber but at home in your pajamas (with probably less pay).
Pros
work from home
Cons
not stable income/nor a real job
Best organized tele-commuting animation company ever!
Remote Editor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2015
I do my aimations from home. They send me the scripts and shot lists. They are also very organized on dropbox and google drive and have tons and tons of animation elements to choose from as well as suggestions for websites with good material. They even have instructional videos. Very timely with email responses and super sweet managers.
Pros
Pay advance with every two videos and large room for advancement
Cons
animation can be tedious but ultimately fun.
Flexible Part-time Work for Educators
Freelance Curriculum Writer (Current Employee) –  Remote LocationDecember 17, 2014
Creating content for Shmoop has been a really rewarding experience. The work is fun, engaging, and rigorous, but the clarity with which expectations are set really makes this kind of content development easy to complete.
Pros
flexibility, clarity in directions
It's fun to create a product.
Independent Contractor for Remote Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 28, 2013
Helping to create an educational product that saw use everyday by young minds was just one of the perks of working at Shmoop.

I trained on-site, but did data entry from home. I enjoyed every second at their office, the culture and openness was refreshing.

4.4