Shoe Carnival Inc.

Shoe Carnival Inc. Employee Reviews

Knowing Your Shoes and Customers
Customer Service/ Cashier (Current Employee), Nampa,IdahoAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Good discounts equals lots of shoes
Cons: Not being offered full time.
Depending on the day it is easy slow or busy never an in between. But when you have great coworkers it makes the job fun. It's a great first job and you learn so much. The hardest part would probably be, being on your feet for long hours. The most enjoyable part is having a great time with the customers and coworkers. Talking and getting to know people is always a great deal of fun.
Okay in between job
Cashier/Sales Associate - Quality Customer Service (Current Employee), Saginaw, MIAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Discount, meet different people
Cons: Short to no breaks depending on business, confused corporate leads to confused managers
Depending on what store you work at, the staff will be fun to work with. The company values as a whole could use some improvement to the life of the everyday person. If you're not a Black Shirt manager though be prepared to be overworked.
Productive and Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Antonio,TXAugust 24, 2015
Nice place to work at . You'll get along with everyone at the job place. Co-workers make you feel like family and you feel comfortable and the managers are cool too.
Shoe Carnival
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Monroe, NCAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Flexible Work Schedule, Good Break Time, Great Enviorment
Cons: Exahausting for first job, Constant Work on feet
It was a good experience working for shoe carnival. The hours were flexible and I got to meet some cool people. It does require you to be on your feet at all times. It is also high demand on certain seasons especially holidays.
Fun job sometime. Good Management. Good co-workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Dallas,TxAugust 19, 2015
Cons: Rude customers
Fun job to work at sometimes. Management is very understanding to your needs and personal lives. Must have patience when working in retail.
Fun environment to work in
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with
Cons: Holidays extremely busy and long
Greeting every person at the door was a must along with friendly customer service. You learn to work the registers and the floor so everyone knows how to put stock up and how to maintain the store properly. Management was great to work with you on scheduling conflicts and had an open-door policy. Co-workers always got along and worked very well together to get tasks done. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people you worked with. The hardest part was getting ready for the holiday crowds.
Good Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Nogales, AzAugust 2, 2015
The company itself is great. Unfortunately the location I worked at had horrible management with very little organization and lacked the use of team-work.
Fun, always busy, and loved working a seeing the new shoes in the store
cashier (Current Employee), Midland TxJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Hour long lunches
Cons: Not too many breaks and cleaning uo after closing
A typical day at work consisted of helping customers, checking customers out at the check-out, cleaning up isles from trash and shoe boxes, and making announcements of the mic stand.
At shoe carnival I learned to work with others even if I would rather do it on my own, I learned to manage a good margin for the store and how to bring it up and down when needed, and I learned to be able to work on projects on my own in a certain amount of time. The managers were fun but also knew when to be serious and work.
For the most part the co-workers all got together even though there were some problems between some workers they were still presentable and respectful on the job. The hardest part of the job was making knew holes for the shoes with little to no room to put the knew shoes. The most enjoyable part of the job was censoring the new shoes and helping customers find the right shoe they needed.
productive and fun place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 15, 2015
Working at shoe carnival was a great experience. The workers are all very friendly and welcoming. They taught me how to be organized the correct way to answer phone and how to work with customers. they are very energetic and ready to assist anyone. they are all very well trained
n/a
Sales Associate and Stock Lead (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 14, 2015
I do not feel comfortable reviewing this company publicly. However, I did gain a lot of work experience and new tools while advancing my customer service and managerial skills.
children's lead
Children's Lead (Former Employee), Harvey, LAJuly 10, 2015
Pros: fun
Cons: nothin
the best job ever it was fun always something different everyday.
the people were great nice,caring would give the shirt off there backs for you if they could. always looked forward to going to work.
Overall good experience
CASHIER/SALE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Merrillville, INJuly 7, 2015
Pros: scheduling
Works well with your schedule. Typical work day would consist of cashiering, stocking basic items around the cash register, attending to customers needs. Most enjoyable part was working with co-workers and meeting new people.
Pretty good place to work
Cash Lead/Visuals/Sales Floor Lead (Current Employee), Evansville, INJuly 5, 2015
A typical day at work involves dealing with several customers. I usually provide over rides for returns, ring customers up, and do the nightly deposits at closing. The management team is pretty great, they are really good about helping out when we have issues and encouraging us to learn new things. My coworkers are all pretty great, I have formed lots of work friendships. The hardest part of my job is being away from my daughter at the night time. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with all the people I work with.
Fun Workplace, Easy-Going Managers with Break Room and Lockers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Nice enviorment, quiet
Cons: Short Breaks, Over used
Very easy-going enviorment. Can easily get hectic. Various tasks will be asked of an employee. Customer assistance is always a need. Various projects to do. A truck comes every week to unload.
Always something to do
Cash Lead (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Direct deposit
Cons: policies changing a lot
A typical day at work involves restocking miscellaneous merchandise: socks, candy, soda, and shoe care items. It also involves making room for new shoes, putting away shoes left on the sales floor, all while assisting customers locate shoes.
I've learned how to better multi-task. Running a cash register, answering phones, and greeting customers strengthens you're ability to multi-task and your patience.
My co-workers are awesome, along with my managers. They're very supportive and fun to work with.
The hardest part of my job is being on my feet all day. Repeated messages from upper management can also be annoying.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help someone find the right pair(s) of shoes and making room for new product.
Shoe Carnival
Floor Manager (Current Employee), Douglasville, GAJune 29, 2015
Great job atmosphere. Promotions always at hand. Open learning opportunities. A typical day at work is running shoes into the aisles of the store to display product on shelves.
The overall job is fun but comes with a low pay wage.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), durham, North carolinaJune 22, 2015
Allot of the work you do requires brain work. sometimes you get stuck doing manager work but its not difficult. The current staff i amazing and create a wonderful work environment.
Productive and fun workplace. Great Family oriented envioronment
Mic Person (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 10, 2015
Pros: Appreciate diversity, promotions are very obtainable, fun environment, great music while working, small intimate workplace.
Cons: short breaks, Employees unloaded truck during shopping hours, Upper management not very appreciative of employees, When promoted to manager, employees work ridiculous hours.
Fun environment but long hours, especially for management positions.Work is mostly customer service and maintenance. Truck day is usually hectic because of the many boxes and customers constantly requiring your assistance.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Westland, MIJune 10, 2015
One of the few entry level jobs I have worked where picking up the work is calm and rewarding. In working here I met wholesome and friendly people while learning the essentials to basics to retailing.
Productive fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXJune 9, 2015
This place really stresses out customer service which is good for people who love to talk and interact. The business varies but overall friendly coworkers.
Headquarters