Shoe Carnival Inc. Employee Review

View all Shoe Carnival Inc. reviews

Great work environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 10, 2014
A typical day at work was always fast and fun working with the customers. I learned a lot working here such as more people/communication skills as well as customer service skills. Management here was awesome all the managers were always nice, fun, and helpful. My co-workers were always friendly and helpful. The hardest part of my job was getting to know were each product was specifically. The most enjoyable part was working with shoes and helping all the customers.
Pros
Great employee discount
Cons
Work hours

Other Shoe Carnival Inc. Employee Reviews

Not much loyalty to long term mangers that built the company
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 10, 2017
After 24 years of employment, I was told in August they were downsizing company by 100 stores and my position was being given to a longer term Regional Manager. I chose to accept a severance package and look elsewhere for a new career.
The upper level management was in the business for selfish monetary reasons and had no loyalty to the people that had opened many stores trained and recruited hundreds of people and produced the best financial results in the history of the company.
Pros
lots of autonomy, and ability to affect profits and develop personnel
Cons
The Operations Vice President is a horrible example of how to lead personnel
Decent Place to ward
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 6, 2017
Shoe Carnival is an extremely relaxed place to work. The only times that are hectic are holidays and back to school season, as expected. Overall, the staff is very friendly and always helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoe Carnival Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.