Shoe Carnival Inc. Employee Reviews

fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 23, 2017
great job and great service and very friendly place to be. customer and ssociate safety and ease in shopping.
● Great team work with other employees.
Miss it
Network / Security Administrator (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 17, 2017
Worked here for 12 years in the same role. I thought the grass looked greener on the other side, should have stayed.
It was like working with family, and I loved it.
Pros
An awesome environment and great company
Cons
IT folks like it and don't leave. So no room to move up
Official response from Shoe Carnival Inc.
March 21, 2017

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your 12 years with Shoe Carnival. We love the family and friendly environment at Shoe Carnival!

Worth it but not worht it
Men's Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSMarch 15, 2017
While the job was only a part time job, the room for advancing was not there. Cheap labor at best. If you are looking for a part time job to scrape by, this is the one for you.
Workplace
Loss Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRMarch 15, 2017
Preventing theft and securing merchandise , how to work by myself and the sales associates . Management was very busy with receiving merchandise , office work and supervising the associates. Customer service always . Making apprehensions of shoplifters. Working with the associates and management as a team.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Not enough staff
It was awesome
Customer Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Caguas, PRMarch 14, 2017
This i would honestly consider it being my first job, no matter if i worked at another company, here i felt like home. Employees treated each other like family. Managers and Supervisors where amazing and overall the pace of work was fantastic.
Pros
great work enviorment, awesome people, overall a fun job
Cons
short hours.
Fast paced, and fun to work in.
Sale Department Lead (Current Employee) –  Schererville, INMarch 13, 2017
Overall fun place to work. Fast paced always had a task to fill and kept busy at all time. I would say there is lack of communication skills with management and employees.
Pros
Employee discount, and fun environment to work in.
Cons
short break, very stressful due to lack of communication.
Hard working and consistent
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMarch 13, 2017
working with shoe carnival was an experience of a lifetime. This was my first ever job and I've cherish every moment I learned from this company. A lot of lessons learned
Productive and a fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2017
Not a very stressful work place unless its the holidays. Staff gets along very well and everyone is willing to learn and teach. The most enjoyable part about the job is the wheel and the microphone and the customers at times.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
The hours
Great place
Loss Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 1, 2017
This is a great company to work with as far as job security. you need plenty of energy. They are very diverse. It takes a while to get promoted with this company.
A very active work place and hands on with customers
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2017
Shoe Carnival is a great place to work at since the people there like diversity and want to tech their employees how to treat guest. Furthermore, Shoe Carnival can teach an individual on how to manage their time and become more confident when speaking to guests. Also, the management there is great, having mangers that interacts with their employees to show their support and care. The hardest part about this job is the holidays since it tends to get packed with large amount's of guest. This all due to the special dicounts shoe carnival has during the holidays. Overall, Shoe Carnival was by far my favorite job because of these factors.
Pros
Can go out and eat outside the store, Working hard can give you a raise and they will celebrate ones birth day in store
Cons
Short breaks
Fanstastic company with great people.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAFebruary 27, 2017
They gave wonderful benefits and I enjoyed the people there. They gave me a chance at an office job and I enjoyed it greatly. The pay was very competitive and the chance for advancement was offered.
Fun
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  IowaFebruary 25, 2017
Great place to work, easy to move up, awesome vacation when you are staffed up enough to use it, fun and fast-paced environment with memorable customers
Pros
Lots of paid vacation
Cons
Retail hours, work holidays
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXFebruary 23, 2017
awesome place to work at everyone is nice and helpful with explaining the job duties. Management is nice and understand with school activities or any school related events.
Pros
everyone is nice
Cons
short breaks
Good high school job
Sales (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 21, 2017
This is a great place for people who are just wanting to work part time or are in school and need some extra cash. Fun work environment but crazy around the holidays. Long periods of time on your feet.
productive and fun atmosphere
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVFebruary 16, 2017
a typical work day is amazing you stay busy but yet you still have fun. I learned a lot from that job and we had really great managers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the atmosphere and working with the people.
Producivity
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Schererville, INFebruary 10, 2017
A typical day is more or less adequate, I learned about social skills, The management at shoe carnival is good, helpful as well, the hardest part of the job is helping rude customers, the most enjoyable part is closing up for the day.
I enjoyed my time at Shoe Carnival, its a fun and challenging company to work for.
Loss Prevention Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 6, 2017
A typical day at Shoe Carnival for a Loss Prevention Market Manager was continually training of all associates and researching and resolving shrink caused by internal, external theft and operational errors.

Wicklander- Zulawski interviewing techniques. Inventory preparation and leadership roll during inventory. Discussion of Loss Prevention shrink for last weeks business, and action plan to reduce shrink for current week on Monday morning conference calls.

The culture was to provide a fun shopping environment for the entire family.

The hardest part was working on Thanksgiving day.

The most enjoyable part of the job was grand opening of new stores, meeting new associates, and a new customer base.
Pros
Travel expense of mileage, hotels and meal.
Cons
Six day work weeks during peak seasons.
fun place to work
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TNFebruary 6, 2017
I enjoyed working at Shoe Carnival. They were very together and organization and liked for things to be done a certain way. The management worked well with the cashiers and sales associates as far as ideas, hours, and duties.
Pros
great environment, lunches depend on how many hours worked
Cons
gets slow sometimes
shoe carnival
Mic person (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 1, 2017
being at shoe carnival was a lot of fun. the way they do there customer service the company made it fun not only for the customer also the associates my experience there was fun
Slow Pace Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norridge, ILJanuary 29, 2017
A typical day at work was slow and dry. I didn't really feel comfortable with my coworkers as they felt with each other. It didn't feel as welcoming as I expected it to be with the exception of a few coworkers. I felt like it was just a job, something I was forced to do. I really wanted to learn and grow within the company. They weren't flexible at all and they were strict in the wrong areas of the workplace. I had to let it go.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoe Carnival Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.