Shoe Carnival Inc.

Shoe Carnival Inc. Employee Reviews

Sales Driven
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 31, 2016
This company has changed over the years. First they were fun and inviting to all customers who wanted to see something different when shopping. From the mic man to the spinning wheel, this was a great place to shop and save. Over the years the identify of Shoe Carnival changed. The company wanted to change their image and therefore changed their customer base. Overall great company and management staff from corporate to regional.
Fun Job
Lead Mic Person (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHJanuary 29, 2016
I enjoyed working here. My co-workers were easy to get along with and Management was approachable and easy to talk to. I really enjoyed my interaction with the customers.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, approachable management, customers
Cons
lack of hours
Would not recommend
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJanuary 17, 2016
A really terrible place to work. The head manager was always calling off, or always had to leave early. He kept putting employees down in front of customers. DO NOT WORK HERE IF YOU CAN HELP IT.
Pros
Free lunches if you sold the most shoes.
Cons
No smoke breaks. Managers were very nasty. Head manager kept not showing up on time
family oriented and fun place to work
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 12, 2016
My managers always worked around my school schedule. I received many recognitions and also many opportunities to move up in the company. I learned patience and overall how to apply my customer service skills to the best of my ability. The customer was always taken care of and we always found a solution to the customers needs. The hardest part of this job was the constant changing of managers in the store. The most enjoyable part of this job is developing a relationship with returning customers also being able to help customers and achieving satisfaction and great customer reviews and compliments.
fun staff, but veryslow bussiness store
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 26, 2015
Was a store with very little business, so got boring at time, customers were really nice when they cam in,most days pretty slow.
Pros
location
Cons
short breaks
Productive and Fun Environment
Temp. Dept. Lead (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXDecember 21, 2015
A typical work day would include meeting deadlines , greeting customers , exceeding above the expected to ensure every customer leaves with something. While working at Shoe Carnival I learned how to manage a store , deposits , time management and responsibility.
easy money
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INDecember 17, 2015
i just stocked the shelf's with the shoes and and provided costumers service, management was good and so was the co-workers just a dead end job
Pros
easy money
Cons
boring and dead end job
nice job
cashier (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 15, 2015
This job expects a lot from you in such a short period of time.There is a lot of confusion and talk down to you. When the store is not selling a lot of shoes this cause the store to not meet the daily financial goal and this leads to cutting of hours. If you are in school and really do not have any expenses then this is a great job for you.
Pros
on holidays lunch is provided
Cons
wages
An okay work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 14, 2015
I didn't like having stay hours after I was supposed to leave. I wasn't getting paid for the work I was doing and the general manager was not easy to work with.
Unreasonable Mgmt
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNDecember 7, 2015
I was terminated because of unreasonable mgmt. They began making unreasonable demands that I did not agree to. With them cutting employees and budgets to make a more profitable company they began requiring me to work 6 or 7 days a week. I began pushing back against their demands and ultimately was let go because they say that I couldn't fulfil my job requirements. I am a new father with a new born at home. The balance between life and work was unfair as I needed to be home with my wife to make sure that i helped out.
Great Atmosphere
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Taylor, MIDecember 2, 2015
Enjoyable place to work, great staff, and management. Helps with organization skills and time management. I love interacting with all the different people that walk through those doors. The smiles and reactions the make when I assist them to find exactly what they need gives the greatest feeling.
Care-free environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDNovember 28, 2015
It was an easy job, and a fun place to work. Every day was different, and it was very enjoyable. There was always new customers to chat with and provide service to. I felt like I was part of the team, and we all worked toward the same goal. My favorite part of the job was providing customer service. It is enjoyable to meet new people and learn a little about each of them.The hardest part was when the store got busy and I had to run back and forth between the sales floor and the registers.
Pros
employee discount
Retailed work place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 21, 2015
Assisted customers with sales, maintained isles to making it presentable for customers. I also worked with the cash register gaining experience with that as well.
Play
Floor Assistant (Current Employee) –  PRNovember 17, 2015
It is a good opportunity to aquiril experience and knowledge of what is an outstanding company in all aspects, it is visualisen so than is a good opportunitty and reaserme as a good employee.
Mainly hires inexperienced teens and give them low pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 11, 2015
Most of the time you don't have any room for advancement. You could apply for a single job and end u doing everything they tell you to do whether it's relevant to what your title is or not.
Cons
You may or may not get a break
Enjoyable and customer oriented job
Department Lead (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2015
It was a fast paced job. Enjoyed interacting with customers and meeting new people everyday. I learned how to appeal to peoples likes and dislikes. I was responsible for my own department, maintaining stock, displays, and cleanliness. The only thing I couldn't stand and probably most important was management and employee relations, they were very unprofessional which lead to my resignation.
Pros
good hours
Cons
management professionalism
very productive
Sales Clerk, Sales Floor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 4, 2015
it's a very good place to work but the new general manager can be a little difficult to work with meaning college students and homework schedule
Summary of Shoe Carnival
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 30, 2015
A typical day as a sales associate is constantly providing great customer service and helping customers to meet their needs. This may be helping a customer find a walking shoe or a dressy shoe for a night out or special event. You have to be able to provide customers with a variety of styles and colors, that may interest them. Also involves helping to keep the store clean and making displays presentable for customers to easily view all of our shoes. I have learned how to be quick on my feet to help customers and how to suggest shoes that the customer has not considered purchasing before. I also have learned how to deal with customer issues, to help better their shopping experience. The management team is more than helpful to teach you how to do your job properly and are always open to any questions you may have about your job. Everyone is always willing to help fulfill customer needs. My co-workers are also helpful, as everyone has no problem doing teamwork to get a particular task done. There is no co-worker that won't help you out if you're ever in a bind. The hardest part of my job is trying to find a shoe similar to what a customer wants, if it is not available. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to see new shoe trends come in and helping customers find stylish and affordable shoes, leading to them making a purchase.
Pros
25% employee discount off lowest marked price
Cons
low starting wage, no benefits for part-time employees
Great perks.
Floor Supervisor, Robert Camacho (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 27, 2015
Great place to work serve and learn.Have a great opportunity to grow and relocate with the company.
At the present time no Available positions open in any other stores for general managers. but overall good place to work.
Pros
Great discounts and benefits.
Cons
short breaks.
Fun retail job.
full-time sales lead (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 20, 2015
Shoe Carnival is a fun, friendly place to work. There is a balance of helping customers and maintaining the sales floor. The work is challenging at times, but rewarding. The weekends are centered on delivering excellent customer service, but there are extra duties during the weekdays.
Pros
paid vacation and benifits for full-time employees, flexible schedule
Cons
no public restroom