Shoe Carnival Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Busy retail establisment with constantly changing fashion
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 7, 2016
Typical days consist of (amongst other things) responding to corporate correspondence. Getting a game plan for the day and getting everyone on the same page of said game plan. Providing great customer service while maintaining a profitable margin and driving sales using the microphone.
Enjoyable work enviorment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Schererville, INMay 7, 2016
Working at Shoe Carnival made my customer service skills even stronger. I enjoy dealing with the customers and guiding and teaching the new employees on their job ethics. When I leave for the day and I know I worked hard and did my job well, that is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Medium to Fast Paced Work Environment
Store Manger (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 4, 2016
A typical day as a manager at Shoe Carnival consists of checking voicemail fro our regional manager, looking over sales reports, managing payroll, and compiling a list of tasks for the crew for the day. I learned how to operate an RF scanner, run payroll reports, job recruitment and interviewing skills, read a P&L report, and inventory management. When I was first hired I started out as a sales associate, to sales lead, to floor supervisor, to store manager. I have many managers during my tenure and they all were fair but firm. They were willing to compromise with the scehduling as far as me attending school. My co-workers could be described as a revolving door. Many of my co-workers haven't been there more than a year and a half with me being the most tenured worker there after my boss. My co-workers are easy to work with and when I became a manager they follow my guidance and leadership well and with respect. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the downtime of retail. When it isn't a holiday or a coupon in the ad business can be really slow and it can get boring after a while. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction I get from helping a customer and them being satisfied with their purchase. It's always cool to have customer come back and ask for my help because they were satisfied with my service the last time they were in the store.
Overall Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Evergreen Park, ILApril 26, 2016
The position helped further my public relations. Really enjoyed and was successful at selling shoes and products during my time at the establishment. Averaged about 5 sales a day. This job wasn't really considerate of my personal obligations as far as my religion and school hours but overall it was beneficial.
Retail Experience
Cashier/Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia,PAApril 20, 2016
The experience was great I had never worked in a retail store before. I wouldn't mind working in that type of field again.
fun work place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 18, 2016
I love working at shoe carnival. The managers are friendly and very nice to me. We all get along and I Know all of my co-workers very well.
Active work environment
Lead Salesman (Former Employee) –  Bryant, ARApril 14, 2016
Great customer service was our main goal. I learned how to understand people better and become more patient with others. If you love organizing thing like me this is the job for you.
review
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 12, 2016
it was fun working here because I really liked the people I worked with. The people in charge of me were very nice and loving
Fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 23, 2016
Great place to work, loved helping the customers find the shoes they really wanted, I enjoyed working with outside people, also enjoyed being on my feet!
Pros
long lunches
Cons
short breaks
Great Place To Work For
Sales Associate/ Department Lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 22, 2016
This was my first job and this job is where I fit in perfectly with my customer service skills. The environment was fun and carnival like for the customers. I learned how to do inventory, how to unload shipment, learned how to be a cashier, overall I learned how to lead a shoe department store. The management looked out for me and always took the time to show me how to do things correctly. They took me under their wing and that along with my hard work ethic propelled me to advancement within the company. The hardest part was truck day, lifting all the boxes and stocking them by sections. The most enjoyable part was the customer service part. I love to see people leave with a smile on their face. I enjoy speaking to different people and helping them find a solution to a problem.
Be a Hardworker
Kid's Department Lead (Current Employee) –  Vienna, WVMarch 15, 2016
This job is rewarding and easy for hardworkers, and management respects an employee who can get things done in a timely manner.
Fun work environment
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 11, 2016
Shoe Carnival was a fun place to work for. I was able to move up extremely fast in the company. The management in the store I worked for was awesome and extremely motivating to all employees.
Pros
Fast paced, room for advancement
Cons
pay to low
Growing company with tons of opportunity
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 8, 2016
I have been with the company for about 3 years and it has continued to grow. They care a lot about promoting good people from within. If you're willing to put in the work and relocate, there is a spot for you in management. It's a fun environment and a different concept that sets it apart.
Pros
Concept, room for advancement, fun
Cons
Pay
Great Environment
Sales Rep/Register/Advertisement (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 29, 2016
Great place to work! The management is very inspirational to work with and i would recommend anyone to start working here
Only fun if you make it fun
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCFebruary 16, 2016
A typical day at Shoe Carnival for a cashier is watching the front of the store, making sure all customers get directed in to the correct area of shoes they are looking for and responsible handle cash at the cash register.
Pros
Once you get to know your coworkers, work become more enjoyable
Cons
Short breaks or no breaks (for part- time works), requested days off are not promised because they are short on staff
Productive and fun work environment with spin the wheel
Sales Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXFebruary 7, 2016
Fun work place with games and fun coworkers. learned organization skills, inventory spread sheets, time management. Worked well with school schedule.
Pros
Breaks and lunches
Cons
Benifits- none
Sales Driven
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 31, 2016
This company has changed over the years. First they were fun and inviting to all customers who wanted to see something different when shopping. From the mic man to the spinning wheel, this was a great place to shop and save. Over the years the identify of Shoe Carnival changed. The company wanted to change their image and therefore changed their customer base. Overall great company and management staff from corporate to regional.
Fun Job
Lead Mic Person (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHJanuary 29, 2016
I enjoyed working here. My co-workers were easy to get along with and Management was approachable and easy to talk to. I really enjoyed my interaction with the customers.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, approachable management, customers
Cons
lack of hours
Would not recommend
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJanuary 17, 2016
A really terrible place to work. The head manager was always calling off, or always had to leave early. He kept putting employees down in front of customers. DO NOT WORK HERE IF YOU CAN HELP IT.
Pros
Free lunches if you sold the most shoes.
Cons
No smoke breaks. Managers were very nasty. Head manager kept not showing up on time
family oriented and fun place to work
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 12, 2016
My managers always worked around my school schedule. I received many recognitions and also many opportunities to move up in the company. I learned patience and overall how to apply my customer service skills to the best of my ability. The customer was always taken care of and we always found a solution to the customers needs. The hardest part of this job was the constant changing of managers in the store. The most enjoyable part of this job is developing a relationship with returning customers also being able to help customers and achieving satisfaction and great customer reviews and compliments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoe Carnival Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.