Shoe Carnival Inc.

Shoe Carnival Inc. Employer Reviews

Fun place to work with customers,
Cashier Manager (Current Employee), Warner Robins, GAOctober 14, 2014
making sure that the atmosphere is fun and enjoyable. getting things accomplished while not be stressful. I learned different styles of management due to several types of talent they provide. Some co-worker are working for the first time after high school and friendly guidance is key. Not being able to get the customers what they need after exhausting – more... every effort. People always make my job my joy. – less
A enthusiastic work environment
Cash lead (Current Employee), Frankfort, KYOctober 11, 2014
Pros: seniority, flexibility, customer attachment
Cons: associates not doing their jobs and no room to grow after a while
Responsible for all cashiers and training, accounts receivable and tax exempt forms when needed, cleaning/stocking the restrooms, set customers up with rewards cards, assisting customers with products and checking them out, safe counts/deposits, making change for the day and keeping the front end of the store nice and organized.
productive and fun workplace for my first time job experience
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 7, 2014
Pros: friendly staff, great hours
I learned various skills and got a chance to train others in such a short period of time of being there. we stayed busy because we were the only sonic in the small town area and had plenty of customers. the managers and co workers were friendly and very helpful, the hardest part of the job was the beginning, just learning everything and trying to remember – more... everything. but overall I enjoyed every minute of my job. – less
Shoe Sorter (Former Employee), Evansville, INOctober 6, 2014
Sorting shoes and made sure they went to the correct store on time.
Productive, team work and positive workplace
Part time associate (Former Employee), Florida, BradentonOctober 4, 2014
Pros: fun, active and friendly environment
A typical day of work would be as soon as clocking I looked for customer who needed help or would check on the customers my boss would ask me too. At Shoe Carnival I multi tasked I would wall paper the shoe boxes, place them in there right location and make sure everything was in place while I would be ready to help any customer. I learned a lot about – more... customer service skills, how to accomplish a sell and organize the merchandise. It was a very friendly environment all the co-workers and I got along very well we made a great team, we actually had the best rating around the store's regions. The job is very flexable, productive and welcoming. – less
Fun working environment
Cashier and Retail sales associate (Former Employee), newport news, VAOctober 4, 2014
Pros: large discount on shoes
Cons: benefits
It was a good working environment but lacked in benefits. I assisted customers with purchases and measured their feet.
Shoes!
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Temple, TXOctober 3, 2014
I loved the environment. My boss would work with anyone and try to get you promoted.
Productive and fun environment for working.
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), Monroe, NCSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: meet new people all the time
Cons: no set schedule and days fluxuate weekly.
-customer service all customers who come in and make sure that their experience will help them to come back again
-I have learned how to multitask with various duties throughout a work day and also learn how to be more personable
-the co-workers here are wonderful and help out a lot with wanting to be around them making it a great working environment
-the – more... hardest part of the job is getting our inventory off the truck, but with that being said, that's not really all that hard to do.
-I enjoy making others laugh and help out when I can to make shoppers want to come back. – less
geat place and fun to work for
Loss Prevention Manager (Current Employee), dallasSeptember 22, 2014
learn a lot every day from here great place to work for. some GM's are unprofessional but every one els is very good to work with.
Excellent Associates and Management
Loss Prevention Specialist (Former Employee), Carolina , Puerto RicoSeptember 12, 2014
The store I worked in Carolina , Puerto Rico had excellent associates and caring and professional managers.
Fun Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Garner NCSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: everyone was nice
Cons: no breaks
A typical day at work is standing behind a register and helping customers check out. i learned a lot of things as far as how to approach a customer and how to use the program they use.
The management was absolutely amazing, they were such good help. My co- workers were awesome they helped me when i first started out and they were good friends of mine – more... from school.
the hardest part of the job was probably cleaning up the store it took along time to do but when it was done it looked pretty awesome.
The most enjoyable part of this job was to interact with others and talk to them while i checked them out. – less
very exciting workplace
Cashier/Mic person/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Midland, TXSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: sometimes wasnt able to take breaks
I have learned I enjoy making people happy. The hardest part of the job was to try and keep a smile on my face while getting yelled at by a customer. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my co-workers in the environment I was in.
Productive and Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jackson, MSSeptember 3, 2014
Assist customers with the purchasing of the various collection of shoes in the store. All the employees make the work day a joyous exerience.
Flexiable
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: standing and walking all day.
Shoe Carnival to me was a great opportunity to understand the qualities and requirements needed as a retail associate.
Corporate Retail with the Right Ideas
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), Nampa, IDSeptember 1, 2014
A typical day at Shoe Carnival is full of varied tasks within an excellently structured framework for all associates from General Manager to basic floor personnel. Managers are expected to do anything in a day from receive freight shipments to working a register, but no one is above or beneath any given task. Nearly every associate is generally trained – more... to perform nearly any task that might be required on a day to day basis as policy: No "Not my job" moments from anyone at these stores. Shoe Carnival also has a very dynamic and flexible sales concept that means that a customer's shopping experience can be very personalized as well as giving an active associate a feeling of personal connection to the business without being a commission driven environment.
Shoe Carnival is still a young enough company that nearly everyone in the upper levels of Corporate management has at some point actually worked in a store at the practical level and they work hard to make sure that policy and standards are practical while at the same time of a high caliber. That being said, customer service training standards at Shoe Carnival are also higher than pretty much anywhere I've ever worked, but it pays off in a customer base that greatly prefers our shopping experience to most of the companies competitors.
In retail sales customer service is the name of the game and interacting with customers is both the best and worst part of the job. You work with a huge variation of people on a day to day basis and they will range from brides picking out shoes for their bridal party, to grandmothers taking their 10 month old grandson out for his first pair of sneakers, to surly jerks who would sooner spit on you than answer the question of whether they're looking for running shoes or basketball shoes. However, the good customers outwiegh the bad for the most part, and its a good feeling when a new customer tells you "This is my new favorite shoe store!" It's also great that upward and even lateral mobility are emphasized with in the business structure. If a certain facet of operation is attractive for you the company is very flexible in getting people into new positions.
All in all I would say that working for Shoe Carnival is a pretty great experience, even if the Al Bundy jokes start among your friends when you tell them you sling shoes for a living. – less
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 29, 2014
Greet and assist customers. It has great management and co-workers, but it's meant for high school kids.
Horrible Management
Floor Lead (Former Employee), Snellville, GAAugust 29, 2014
Management was horrible, had no idea how to manage. Pay was not great compared to the work that you had to perform.
Fun but irritating in some aspects
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Baytown, TXAugust 23, 2014
I worked with Shoe Carnival for a year and a half. the overall experience was quite well but the GM dealt with favoritism issues among some of the employees.
sales
Customer Service (Former Employee), colorado springs coAugust 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: the store closed
the work environment was great. Management was very helpful. And the benefits were great.
ok
Store Manager (Current Employee), Jacksonville, NCAugust 18, 2014
ok , could have great opportunity for the right individual.enjoyed the people as well as asociates

1 2 3 4 5

About Shoe Carnival Inc.

Shoe Carnival stores definitely have their own style.The open format, catchy music and friendly associates set the stage for a – Read more

Shoe Carnival Inc. Photos