Shoe Carnival Inc.

Shoe Carnival Inc. Employee Reviews

Floor Manager (Current Employee), Douglasville, GAJune 29, 2015
Great job atmosphere. Promotions always at hand. Open learning opportunities. A typical day at work is running shoes into the aisles of the store to display product on shelves.
The overall job is fun but comes with a low pay wage.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), durham, North carolinaJune 22, 2015
Allot of the work you do requires brain work. sometimes you get stuck doing manager work but its not difficult. The current staff i amazing and create a wonderful work environment.
Productive and fun workplace. Great Family oriented envioronment
Mic Person (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 10, 2015
Pros: Appreciate diversity, promotions are very obtainable, fun environment, great music while working, small intimate workplace.
Cons: short breaks, Employees unloaded truck during shopping hours, Upper management not very appreciative of employees, When promoted to manager, employees work ridiculous hours.
Fun environment but long hours, especially for management positions.Work is mostly customer service and maintenance. Truck day is usually hectic because of the many boxes and customers constantly requiring your assistance.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Westland, MIJune 10, 2015
One of the few entry level jobs I have worked where picking up the work is calm and rewarding. In working here I met wholesome and friendly people while learning the essentials to basics to retailing.
Productive fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXJune 9, 2015
This place really stresses out customer service which is good for people who love to talk and interact. The business varies but overall friendly coworkers.
Learning Culture
General Manager (Former Employee), Newnan, GAJune 9, 2015
Learned a lot about expenses.
Learned a lot about policies and procedures to control all areas of the business .
There was always so support to help your goals .
Manageable & challenging
Floor Supervisor- Full Time Manager (Current Employee), Smyrna, GAJune 7, 2015
Pros: Great opportunity for growth
Cons: The challenges with constant change from corp
-Open to close daily routines as a retail store
-Learned different management styles.
-Great team & support from everyone in company
Don't work in Florida!
Store Manager (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLJune 5, 2015
Pros: Perfect amount of payroll to run a store.
Cons: Management need same core values.
I worked in Kansas for over 3 years and had a great GM which gave me a great experience at Shoe Carnival. I was rather impressed compared to other shoe retail I have worked in the past. I moved to Bradenton, Fl and in a little over 6 months I quit do the insanity of the management at this store and region. I am the second SM to leave do to this stores management.

The GM doesn't follow any company standards, values, or policies. He flirts with the girl staff while talking inappropriate (very few men work at store). The staff never knows what mood he will be in for the day; which changes momentarily. He does not work except to give orders. I notified the RM about the issues at this location many times but nothing was ever done. The Floor Supervisors are not properly trained and demeaning to associates in front of guests. Other than that the sales associates are all very hard working and great at sales. They have a bright future with the proper leadership.

So, as a company I think they are on the right track and this would be a great company to grow with minus the few bad seeds. Unfortunately, I was stuck with those bad seeds.
Fun and Exciting workplace
General Manager (Current Employee), Lafayette rd, Indianapolis INJune 4, 2015
I have loved working for Shoe Carnival for the past 6 years. They have excellent benefits and I enjoy working with the public.
Fun and great area to work.
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Laredo, TXJune 2, 2015
Everyone would get along well, it was about team work. Employees were always willing to work when one called in and offering to help others when one finished there tasks.
Amazing work place, great experiance
Cashier Department Lead (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLJune 1, 2015
Pros: good hours, chance for promotion, great staff
I have been working for Shoe Carnival for one year, and have spent more than 6 months as a cashier department lead. A typical day at work would be managing the front of the store, making sure our goals are met and everything is running smoothly. This has by far been my most enjoyable job, as the employees are Very nice and hardworking. Everyone does their fair share and we all work together as a team. Our store almost always reaches our sales goals, and is very organized. The management could not be better, as our general manager (GM) is very respectful and will not only help you improve your work ethic but who you are as an individual and will always give you good advice for your sticky situations. Our store runs as a family, and because of that my general manager has had the chance of winning GM of the year the past three years in a row, being his first three years as a GM, because of our great work ethic, and because of our GM being a great leader.
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), South Elgin, ILMay 29, 2015
I was a manager of the team and it was very good experience for me and showed me leadership and responsibility, also it showed me the ins and outs of business.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), ValparaisoMay 28, 2015
Shoe Carnival was a great company to work for. It was well established. My co-workers were nice and we all helped eachother with projects that needed to be done.
Shoe Crew Forever
Sales Lead (Former Employee), Holland, MIMay 26, 2015
Pros: Discount, Friends, Shoes
Cons: Nights
Shoe Carnival was a great place to work if you know the job well. The managers and coworkers are what made it the best, We were a family there.
Stressful Environment
SALES ASSOCIATE/ CASHIER (Former Employee), Ashley, SCMay 26, 2015
I was a senior in high school so i was already dealing with the stress of graduation and fees, and working at Shoe Carnival added to the stress. My manager added to the stress. He was just the worst person to work with and took away from the meaningfulness of the job.
Great
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, SCMay 25, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: not enough hours
Shoe carnival is a fun productive place to work! The great sales and the great games makes your work day go by so much faster.
Fast paced work enviorment, changing management
Sales Associate/Sales Lead (Former Employee), Taylor, MIMay 15, 2015
Pros: Great hours, flexible and understanding schedules, always something to do
Cons: Truck days started at 5am, management changes, policies only sometimes enforced
Shoe Carnival was one of the best jobs I have ever had. Although the work was sometimes stressful the group of coworkers I had were amazing. There was always something to be done around the store and it was very fast paced. The management did change a lot due to transfers from store to store but overall everyone had a close relationship with each other. AMAZING place to work.
Perfect fit for those looking to advance.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Valparaiso, INMay 12, 2015
Pros: Friendly work atmosphere
Cons: Strictly enforced policies and procedures
Shoe Carnival is a company that prefers to promote from within. The more you give to the company, the more they can offer to an employee. If you are open to hands-on learning and are also relocatable, you can go far. The draw back is that if you pigeonhole yourself to be tied down to one store only, you can only go so far (barring management changes, etc). The benefits and compensation are more geared towards full-time and management employees. Little flexibility on scheduling.
ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jackson, MSMay 11, 2015
very inviting experience everyone got along with customers. We did not have any complaints. The customers always came to me because my warm personality
Solid Company
General Manager (Current Employee), TexasMay 6, 2015
It's retail. I'm sure there are worse companies. My only complaint goes hand in hand with one of their best qualities. They like to promote from within. The down side is they don't like to pay.

1 2 3 4 5

About Shoe Carnival Inc.

Shoe Carnival stores definitely have their own style.The open format, catchy music and friendly associates set the stage for a – Read more

Shoe Carnival Inc. Salaries