Shoe Carnival Inc. Employee Reviews

Hard work with little appreciation
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, MOJuly 17, 2017
I worked really hard there and I thought I was always doing a good job but the manager didn't seem to like me or didn't think I was moving fast enough. You work hard and don't seem to get much appreciation there.
Fun place to work
Shoe Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJuly 12, 2017
I enjoyed working for Shoe Carnival. It stayed busy the majority of the time. The management needed work, but other than that, it was a good job. I do miss working there.
Decent first job.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 10, 2017
Job was typically easy, however could become boring at some times. Good for a first job to learn people/time management skills, however would not keep for lifelong purpose.
Productive and fun place but can be demanding at times
Associate (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 8, 2017
Fun place to work. Typical day as cashier is greeting customers and maintaining the front of the store clean and helping customers. Job can be stressful and demanding during the holidays and back to school.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Short breaks
Taught me how to deal with all types of customers.
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 5, 2017
As Assistant Manager, I had opening and closing duties which dealt with paperwork, going to the bank, and our Shoes 2U program. I was also the department lead of Women's Athletic. We received a truck every week, had to get the shipment out, and sometimes that meant moving the department around. We had a high theft problem, so we had to watch certain customers and try to discourage them from taking shoes. Customer service was a priority for all workers, which included making sure they were finding what they needed. We have a program that we could offer them to order the shoes they wanted. The hardest part was trying to do all aspects at once when the store was understaffed. The part I liked most was helping people find what they needed based on something I suggested.
Pros
vactions and insurance
Cons
needed more staff
Repetitive.
Sales Associate/ assistant manager (Current Employee) –  IdahoJuly 4, 2017
Ultimately a good start for joining the work force. Not something i feel is a career fot for myself
Not a set schedule is starting to become a problem. And the amount of pay i receive for amount of time ive been there has not compensated me as i feel necessary.
Productive and fun
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJuly 4, 2017
A fast paced environment most days. The managers and other employees were nice and professional. The most difficult part of the job was running isles. The most enjoyable part was making holes for the next truck.
Shoes
Cash Department Lead (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 30, 2017
Its retail, shoe retail.

You stock shoes, ring up customer purchases and clean up at the end of the day.

Nothing hard, just boring and you got a discount on shoes so thats a plus.

They pay what the job is worth and sadly, that wasn't much in 2010, even for the cashier supervisor.

Not a lot of hours available so many people work two or more jobs.
Pros
discount
Cons
low pay, not very many hours
Very good deals.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJune 30, 2017
They are very good with helping you out while you are school. They pay minimum wage and gave you vacation time. I worked there 2 years out of my highschool and only got another job so I can advance in life.
Great company to work for
Buyer's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 28, 2017
This company cares about it's employees and the community.
The only complaint I might have is the starting wage in my position is not competitive to other companies.
A great work environment for high school students
Cash Lead (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 27, 2017
Great work environment for high school students needing a part time job. The job can be very fast paced but is very enjoyable when getting used to the environment.
Assistant store manager
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Blytheville, ARJune 26, 2017
Open and close store
Access to bank and store deposits
Responsible for training cashiers
Receiving and shipping on trucks
Responsible for customers and employees to make sure all safety guidelines were met
Shoe Carnival Day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 25, 2017
A typical day at work would be counting money when assigned to a register. I would help customers check out, which would help me learn about how people are about things. The management was very professional. I worked with a wide variety of people. The hardest part of the job was loading stock and cleaning bathrooms. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I got to announce deals over the microphone.
Pros
Good Management, good environnment, always busy.
Cons
shorter breaks than normal, not enough hours scheduled
Its an ok job
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJune 25, 2017
Good management. Could train employees better for sure. Pay rate cluld be higher as well. I enjoyed the 45 minute lunch break. And also the employee discounts!
Not a super bad place
Shoe Sales Associate, cashier, (kids lead) (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLJune 24, 2017
It's a good job...even if your prepared and ready, it'll take a super long time to advance due to age restrictions. Other than that it's a fun and easy job to have.
Fun work place, but minimum wage
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJune 23, 2017
I enjoyed my job due to the 25% discount on all merchandise and the fact that I was 18, working with other 18-20 year olds. However the pay is $7.2 which isn't jack squat. I worked here about 10 months, so unsure how fast you get promoted, but the pay isn't worth all the heavy lifting and the truck shifts where you have to be at work at 5am. This place also makes you work random shifts so you may work til 10pm tonight and turn around to be there at 5am the next day. They won't allow anyone to have a set schedule which is lame
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Bad pay, bad shifts
Very productive and fun work environment with caring management.
CASH LEAD/MIC PERSON (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INJune 22, 2017
Very productive and fun work environment with caring management. All the managers and staff are like a huge family and everyone always has a smile on their face. Very fun place to be.
Workplace with poor corporate management
SALES ASSOCIATE AND CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJune 20, 2017
The company couldn't hold employment. Highly disorganized. Okay place for a starter/high school job. You have to know how to stick things out and create your own environment. Don't expect too much advancement.
Fun place to work.
Customer service, shoe sales, cashier (Former Employee) –  CouldJune 20, 2017
Working here was always fun with all the new people coming in. There was always something new to learn within the store. Holidays can be stressful, but it is a good opportunity.
Decent paying job with fun co-workers
Sales Floor Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 18, 2017
There really isn't much to say about working at Shoe Carnival. The clientele was fun on a good day, and rough the next, just like any other retail job.
Pros
Breaks once per shift
Cons
Long Closing time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoe Carnival Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval