Shoe Carnival Inc.

Shoe Carnival Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun, always busy, and loved working a seeing the new shoes in the store
cashier (Current Employee), Midland TxJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Hour long lunches
Cons: Not too many breaks and cleaning uo after closing
A typical day at work consisted of helping customers, checking customers out at the check-out, cleaning up isles from trash and shoe boxes, and making announcements of the mic stand.
At shoe carnival I learned to work with others even if I would rather do it on my own, I learned to manage a good margin for the store and how to bring it up and down when needed, and I learned to be able to work on projects on my own in a certain amount of time. The managers were fun but also knew when to be serious and work.
For the most part the co-workers all got together even though there were some problems between some workers they were still presentable and respectful on the job. The hardest part of the job was making knew holes for the shoes with little to no room to put the knew shoes. The most enjoyable part of the job was censoring the new shoes and helping customers find the right shoe they needed.
productive and fun place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 15, 2015
Working at shoe carnival was a great experience. The workers are all very friendly and welcoming. They taught me how to be organized the correct way to answer phone and how to work with customers. they are very energetic and ready to assist anyone. they are all very well trained
n/a
Sales Associate and Stock Lead (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 14, 2015
I do not feel comfortable reviewing this company publicly. However, I did gain a lot of work experience and new tools while advancing my customer service and managerial skills.
children's lead
Children's Lead (Former Employee), Harvey, LAJuly 10, 2015
Pros: fun
Cons: nothin
the best job ever it was fun always something different everyday.
the people were great nice,caring would give the shirt off there backs for you if they could. always looked forward to going to work.
Overall good experience
CASHIER/SALE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Merrillville, INJuly 7, 2015
Pros: scheduling
Works well with your schedule. Typical work day would consist of cashiering, stocking basic items around the cash register, attending to customers needs. Most enjoyable part was working with co-workers and meeting new people.
Pretty good place to work
Cash Lead/Visuals/Sales Floor Lead (Current Employee), Evansville, INJuly 5, 2015
A typical day at work involves dealing with several customers. I usually provide over rides for returns, ring customers up, and do the nightly deposits at closing. The management team is pretty great, they are really good about helping out when we have issues and encouraging us to learn new things. My coworkers are all pretty great, I have formed lots of work friendships. The hardest part of my job is being away from my daughter at the night time. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with all the people I work with.
Fun Workplace, Easy-Going Managers with Break Room and Lockers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Nice enviorment, quiet
Cons: Short Breaks, Over used
Very easy-going enviorment. Can easily get hectic. Various tasks will be asked of an employee. Customer assistance is always a need. Various projects to do. A truck comes every week to unload.
Always something to do
Cash Lead (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Direct deposit
Cons: policies changing a lot
A typical day at work involves restocking miscellaneous merchandise: socks, candy, soda, and shoe care items. It also involves making room for new shoes, putting away shoes left on the sales floor, all while assisting customers locate shoes.
I've learned how to better multi-task. Running a cash register, answering phones, and greeting customers strengthens you're ability to multi-task and your patience.
My co-workers are awesome, along with my managers. They're very supportive and fun to work with.
The hardest part of my job is being on my feet all day. Repeated messages from upper management can also be annoying.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help someone find the right pair(s) of shoes and making room for new product.
Shoe Carnival
Floor Manager (Current Employee), Douglasville, GAJune 29, 2015
Great job atmosphere. Promotions always at hand. Open learning opportunities. A typical day at work is running shoes into the aisles of the store to display product on shelves.
The overall job is fun but comes with a low pay wage.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), durham, North carolinaJune 22, 2015
Allot of the work you do requires brain work. sometimes you get stuck doing manager work but its not difficult. The current staff i amazing and create a wonderful work environment.
Productive and fun workplace. Great Family oriented envioronment
Mic Person (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 10, 2015
Pros: Appreciate diversity, promotions are very obtainable, fun environment, great music while working, small intimate workplace.
Cons: short breaks, Employees unloaded truck during shopping hours, Upper management not very appreciative of employees, When promoted to manager, employees work ridiculous hours.
Fun environment but long hours, especially for management positions.Work is mostly customer service and maintenance. Truck day is usually hectic because of the many boxes and customers constantly requiring your assistance.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Westland, MIJune 10, 2015
One of the few entry level jobs I have worked where picking up the work is calm and rewarding. In working here I met wholesome and friendly people while learning the essentials to basics to retailing.
Productive fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXJune 9, 2015
This place really stresses out customer service which is good for people who love to talk and interact. The business varies but overall friendly coworkers.
Learning Culture
General Manager (Former Employee), Newnan, GAJune 9, 2015
Learned a lot about expenses.
Learned a lot about policies and procedures to control all areas of the business .
There was always so support to help your goals .
Manageable & challenging
Floor Supervisor- Full Time Manager (Current Employee), Smyrna, GAJune 7, 2015
Pros: Great opportunity for growth
Cons: The challenges with constant change from corp
-Open to close daily routines as a retail store
-Learned different management styles.
-Great team & support from everyone in company
Don't work in Florida!
Store Manager (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLJune 5, 2015
Pros: Perfect amount of payroll to run a store.
Cons: Management need same core values.
I worked in Kansas for over 3 years and had a great GM which gave me a great experience at Shoe Carnival. I was rather impressed compared to other shoe retail I have worked in the past. I moved to Bradenton, Fl and in a little over 6 months I quit do the insanity of the management at this store and region. I am the second SM to leave do to this stores management.

The GM doesn't follow any company standards, values, or policies. He flirts with the girl staff while talking inappropriate (very few men work at store). The staff never knows what mood he will be in for the day; which changes momentarily. He does not work except to give orders. I notified the RM about the issues at this location many times but nothing was ever done. The Floor Supervisors are not properly trained and demeaning to associates in front of guests. Other than that the sales associates are all very hard working and great at sales. They have a bright future with the proper leadership.

So, as a company I think they are on the right track and this would be a great company to grow with minus the few bad seeds. Unfortunately, I was stuck with those bad seeds.
Fun and Exciting workplace
General Manager (Current Employee), Lafayette rd, Indianapolis INJune 4, 2015
I have loved working for Shoe Carnival for the past 6 years. They have excellent benefits and I enjoy working with the public.
Fun and great area to work.
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Laredo, TXJune 2, 2015
Everyone would get along well, it was about team work. Employees were always willing to work when one called in and offering to help others when one finished there tasks.
Amazing work place, great experiance
Cashier Department Lead (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLJune 1, 2015
Pros: good hours, chance for promotion, great staff
I have been working for Shoe Carnival for one year, and have spent more than 6 months as a cashier department lead. A typical day at work would be managing the front of the store, making sure our goals are met and everything is running smoothly. This has by far been my most enjoyable job, as the employees are Very nice and hardworking. Everyone does their fair share and we all work together as a team. Our store almost always reaches our sales goals, and is very organized. The management could not be better, as our general manager (GM) is very respectful and will not only help you improve your work ethic but who you are as an individual and will always give you good advice for your sticky situations. Our store runs as a family, and because of that my general manager has had the chance of winning GM of the year the past three years in a row, being his first three years as a GM, because of our great work ethic, and because of our GM being a great leader.
Shoe Carnival
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), South Elgin, ILMay 29, 2015
I was a manager of the team and it was very good experience for me and showed me leadership and responsibility, also it showed me the ins and outs of business.
Headquarters