Shoe Carnival Inc. Employee Reviews

Great job, good co-workers; just would have wished for a busier atmoshpere
Floorset Associate (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLDecember 5, 2016
Great job, good co-workers; just would have wished for a busier atmoshpere. it could be slow but the job was a really good first job. customer service extremely important.
Easy & fun job
CASHIER/SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 4, 2016
If you like to be kept busy, this is definitely the place for you. Recommend people with advanced communication skills & can lift over 30 pounds & can steadily be on their feet. Great job! I had fun working there!
Good environment
Shoe Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 29, 2016
I adored working at Shoe Carnival the customers where nice and friendly and it wasn't a Hassel to clean the store after closing. I would advise people to work there I liked it and do would they
I enjoyed working at shoe carnival
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 28, 2016
I had to apply for a management position to go any higher in wages. I am not management material.. I was a part time cashier/ customer service. I helped unload the truck & stocked inventory. Shoes, handbags, backpacks, socks & shoe care accessories
great
Cashier / Shoe Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXNovember 26, 2016
Great place to work its fun, and everyone is a joy to be around. training was easy and it is definitely a starter job into a career
Poor Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ferguson, MONovember 25, 2016
No one was company goal-oriented and leadership set poor examples for employees everyday. Hard workers were mistreated and favoritism was prominent on the sales floor.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 20, 2016
I loved working at Shoe Carnival! Overall everything was great and I never ran into any problems with any of the other employees. They are flexible with my work schedule.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNNovember 18, 2016
Good place to work. Good benefits. Promotes from within Paid vacation 401k employee discount. Flexible hours. Family friendly environment. Exciting atmosphere and fun employees
Fun place to work.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 17, 2016
I have learned a lot here. Nice environment, but horrible pay and advancement opportunities. I do not regret working here at all. Overall not bad for a starting job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILNovember 2, 2016
I love working here the staff was diverse and friendly. They run a great business and I will always be proud to say I worked there.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Hard to advance
Exceptional Employer
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYOctober 29, 2016
The pay isn't always great for lower level staff, but managers are compensated well and depending on who your direct supervisor is, they treat you with respect at all times.
Pros
Consistency, Respect, Good Discount, Clear expectations
Ok
Visual Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 24, 2016
Not the best place for advancement unless you are in merchandising. Great for productivity and a constant pace rather than having a ton of down time.
Hard work Little pay
Mic Person (Former Employee) –  4224 S New BraunfelsOctober 17, 2016
I felt like I was overworked and not getting enough pay. The managers and location are all great but the pay really brings down your quality. The managers were all great and coworkers are nice.
Pros
Free lunches on major holidays
Cons
short breaks
Nice job if you need income
Cash (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 13, 2016
Shoe Carnival was a great place to work as an undergraduate student, the management was nice, and the environment was relaxed and fun. However, if you are looking to make a LOT of money to support a lifestyle, this is NOT the place for you. I worked part-time 4-5 days a week and never had a check over $150.
Pros
Fun environment, close knit
Cons
Pay. Lack of flexibility.
Shoe Carnival was a fun place to work, I enjoyed my coworkers they were all full of life and made the day go smoother.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 11, 2016
I enjoyed working with the entire staff and enjoyed seeing the regular customers for over 2 years. The staff was great to get along with, they made the days go by faster. I enjoyed helping others look for the finishing touch when they trying to put an outfit together
Pros
The discounts that the employees received.
Cons
The scheduling
Great Job and very fun.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INOctober 10, 2016
A typical day at work in the retail store Shoe Carnvial is always fun and exciting. Never knowing what will happen with new people coming in and out was always fun. Having many skills in my back such as communication, stocking, being bilingual, and many others were huge factors in this workplace and I learned to use all of those very efficiently. Management here was amazing. They were very helpful and made you work very hard, which I love to do. Co-workers in this workplace were not the best. I learned to deal with them but they just wanted work to be easy and work was tough but for a person to love working is very rare and I love to work and my co-workers were clearly not in the same mindset. This job was very enjoyable.
Productive learning environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77040October 8, 2016
Great, easy working environment and with minimal tasking. The hardest part is dealing with loss prevention. Employees are friendly and outgoing.
productive and fun environment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 7, 2016
A typical day at work for me would be to stock shoes and unload the truck. I also worked as a cashier, helping customers find the right shoe for them and helping with orders if needed. I learned to have great customer service and how to stock shoes in the correct order. Management was OK at the time, but now its under new management. My co workers were fun to work with and it was a fast paced environment. The hardest part about my job was inventory. Making sure the shoes were in the right order and making sure they got shipped out correctly. I enjoyed taking care of the customers and meeting their needs.
Pros
Discount on shoes
Cons
break too short
Fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 3, 2016
Another productive and fun work environment. The managers were great leaders and always stayed upbeat and outgoing. They got the employees involved in tasks and made sure everyone knew what they had to do at all times.
Fun place to work at.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MOOctober 3, 2016
Great starter job for somebody looking to learn new skills, management was very professional and was always willing to help whenever they were needed.