Shoe Carnival Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive environment with a friendly atmosphere
Shipping Assistant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 21, 2017
It has a been a joy since my first day working for this company. Typically, I get on the Reach Truck and move outbound freight into its designated location while tracking inventory.
Pros
Great work environment & convenient breaks
Cons
Very Far drive from home
Fun workplace
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 19, 2017
While working at Shoe Carnival I learned how to be a great sales person as well as how to provide great customer service. I also learned many different things about shoes that I didn't know already.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Healthcare
Usually fun and easy going
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 19, 2017
Hardest part of the job is difficult customers. Most enjoyable part is seeing people find joy thru shoes. You may also have to be a therapist sometimes.
Outstanding customers and great staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IA and Summerville,SCMay 17, 2017
I enjoyed the customers and enjoyed my co-workers also my managers were very nice and relaxed. A typical day at work would be slow pace and little and throughout the day would gradually get busier, I ran the regestier
Pros
30 min break
Cons
If your too busy you don't get a break
Great Learning Experience
Sales/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 17, 2017
I learned a lot about the retail world. Everything from cashiering, the art of store layouts and even how to handle a variety of customers in a friendly professional manor. These skills I have taken to all my jobs sense.
Pros
Discount on ALL shoes !!!
Cons
Staffing was tough
Commited to sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 17, 2017
Shoe Carnival is a great to place to work to improve your sales tactics. Staff is really dedicated to putting the customer first and always improving their techniques.
Cool
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDMay 16, 2017
Its a nice laid back good paying job but the coworkers they are very boring. I am the only guy there and I try to start conversations with them but they really don't answer back to them.
Pros
Discount
Cons
coworkers
productive but slow
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INMay 16, 2017
I loved working here because I love shoes. I like a faster pace of work and standing there just waiting for people to come in became boring to me. I want to move and feel like I am doing something. GM is a little lazy, but other managers were very nice and I loved them.
Pros
discounts on shoes
Cons
short staffed, gm lazy
fun place
SALES & FLOOR ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 15, 2017
A typical day at work for shoe carnival was to do SFS which is online orders. Other than that it was mostly Sale/Floor monitoring throughout the day. Welcoming every single customer into our store & engaging them in our concepts of our most popular brands.
Old boys club
General Manager (Former Employee) –  MissouriMay 14, 2017
Job filled with complacency and monotony. Under the table sexism, lack of women above assistant manager rolls. Pay is based on how much you regional likes you, not on numbers. Several occasions where i had the best numbers but the 3rd highest raise percent. Bonuses only for general managers...hello 1980, its a TEAM EFFORT!

Buyers in Evansville, not familiar with other markets, so you dont get what you need. Mens athletic buyer must be color blind, only buys black and grey shoes. Kids buyer buys the same product every year. Total joke and costing sales.
Pros
Great in store team, concept is great
Cons
Archaic upper leadership, no willingness to change, horrible product

Want to know more about Shoe Carnival Inc.?

Ask a question
Shoe carnival was a very fun and entertaining job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILMay 11, 2017
Shoe carnival was a relaxing job for me and it was also fun I got to mingle with all age ranges from new born all the way to elderly and I really enjoyed the work environment and my coworkers.
great work place
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 9, 2017
we had a lot of team work manager was fair and didn't lose his cool to often. He value his workers and try treat them like humans. the store had a relax feeling about it but we did have a fast pace
Pros
good placeto work
Cons
low pay
Management could be better
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMay 5, 2017
Not a bad place to work at for having a new job because of customer service skills. Communication is key and it could be better between managers and employees. Not a career job.
Fun and exciting envoriment to work in.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 5, 2017
Great place to work. Retail work is exciting because you will have something new to deal with everyday. This job teaches you customer service skills.
fun workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  shelbyMay 4, 2017
easy job and understanding managers
Good with scheduling and positive enviornment
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people the same age as me at the time
Fun workplace
Men's Department Lead (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 4, 2017
Good job for high school students wanting to make some money. I enjoyed talking to customers and unloading new inventory. If they paid more I would work there again.
It was fun
CASHIER/MIC-PERSON (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 2, 2017
Its a family-friendly environment. The pay is okay but the hours can get out of hand. Overall, it was a good learning experience. I wont go back tho..
Pros
fun, learning, job
Cons
no benefits, short breaks
engaging with customers. chance to win prizes
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 1, 2017
This was a great job because we only cared about the customers and we made working there fun and exciting for the children and even adults. The most hardest part was making sure that the store is clean and organized before leaving. A shoe store is very hard when organizing because the smallest mistake turns into hours of work.
Pros
Fun
Cons
too much hard work
plain
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INMay 1, 2017
about your usual retail store job. walk around and help customers and run cashier assistance when needed. good people and always knew things that were going on with the company.
it is a fun place to work
Lead Cashier (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSApril 30, 2017
I've been there going on 8 years, just to much favorite umm. but it is a fun place to work everyone gets along, everyone works well together, but management is terrible. I love my job, i love waking with people, i love helping everyone that come in the store, everyone get along, my quotes to everyone in the tore is team work make the dream work.
Pros
non
Cons
non

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoe Carnival Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval