Shoe Carnival Inc.

Shoe Carnival Inc. Employee Reviews

Fast paced work enviorment, changing management
Sales Associate/Sales Lead (Former Employee), Taylor, MIMay 15, 2015
Pros: Great hours, flexible and understanding schedules, always something to do
Cons: Truck days started at 5am, management changes, policies only sometimes enforced
Shoe Carnival was one of the best jobs I have ever had. Although the work was sometimes stressful the group of coworkers I had were amazing. There was always something to be done around the store and it was very fast paced. The management did change a lot due to transfers from store to store but overall everyone had a close relationship with each other. AMAZING place to work.
Perfect fit for those looking to advance.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Valparaiso, INMay 12, 2015
Pros: Friendly work atmosphere
Cons: Strictly enforced policies and procedures
Shoe Carnival is a company that prefers to promote from within. The more you give to the company, the more they can offer to an employee. If you are open to hands-on learning and are also relocatable, you can go far. The draw back is that if you pigeonhole yourself to be tied down to one store only, you can only go so far (barring management changes, etc). The benefits and compensation are more geared towards full-time and management employees. Little flexibility on scheduling.
ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jackson, MSMay 11, 2015
very inviting experience everyone got along with customers. We did not have any complaints. The customers always came to me because my warm personality
Solid Company
General Manager (Current Employee), TexasMay 6, 2015
It's retail. I'm sure there are worse companies. My only complaint goes hand in hand with one of their best qualities. They like to promote from within. The down side is they don't like to pay.
LOVE
Mic Person (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LAMay 5, 2015
Pros: one big family, friendly atmosphere
Cons: not enough hours
I loved working for these people. Yes you're on your feet for over 6 hours a day but it was so worth it. Most customers send in reviews about the help they received and if you saw your name on the review praising you, it's the best feeling in the world. All the employees are like a big family.
Great company
Sales Lead (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 5, 2015
Great environment to work in. The employees are wonderful people who try to help all the customers the best way we can. Success driven company. Advancement is encouraged. Managers are very flexible with the scheduling. I've leaned so much about customer service and have a better understanding of sales.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLMay 2, 2015
Pros: 25% off
Cons: The scheduling
A typical day at work was always busy, I learned to have patience with customers who weren't as patient as I was. The management was top notch. I adored all my co-workers and managers, they were humorous, real, and very professional. The hardest part of my job was when you would run down and clean an entire aisle perfectly, you'd walk away for two seconds and a customer would have already destroyed the entire row. So frustration is a big part in this. The most enjoyable part of the job was after closing when it was peace and quiet.
Great Coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 1, 2015
Pros: Great Co-workers, Shoe Discounts
Cons: Few hours only
I had fun at this job. Time went by very fast. I loved assisting people and helping them find their shoes. Also, I enjoyed helping people find out their shoe sizes.
A carnival only in name
Sales Lead (Current Employee), Loveland, OHApril 29, 2015
Pros: Co-workers, flexible hours
Cons: Employee discount, pay, upper management
It most certainly is not a carnival. The company culture has been affected negatively by a downturn in its financial situation, so if there's an excuse, that must be it. Employees (including store management) are not valued, and job retention numbers would reflect that. Co-workers vary, and it is a diverse workplace, so that is one of the (only) positive aspects of this company.

The work is fairly simple and can become mindless after a while. The most and least enjoyable part of the job is dealing with customers. You don't realize how wonderful or evil humanity can be until you work in customer service (mostly fast food and retail).
Great environment with wonderful co-workers.
floor supervisor (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNApril 25, 2015
Pros: accomodating managers
Cons: minimum wage, constantly on your feet
Typical day consisted of interacting with co-workers and customers. Handling transactions, stocking shoes, and keeping the store organized.
Productive and activities for customers to participate and win prizes
Sales Lead (Current Employee), IndianaApril 20, 2015
Pros: Ability to put a smile on a customer's face
A typical work day consist of shifting shoe boxes throughout aisles. I learned how to organize and improve my customer service skills. I learned how to work more independently under pressure.
busy
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Temple, TXApril 16, 2015
Busy place to work on the week ends and on truck days.The rest of the week is spent taking care of the customers and making room for the incoming shoes. Great place to work if you are young
Great
Cashier (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYApril 16, 2015
Pros: shoe discount, awesome environment, friendly coworkers
Cons: hours and pay
Great place to work. Very flexible and understanding people! Everyone is super easy-going and easy to get along with. It's nice to be able to help others when they come in as well. It's just a fun environment to be in.
Challenging and fun workplace with high level of performance expectations
General Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 13, 2015
Pros: autonomy
Cons: nights and weekends
Guest services coupled with financial responsibility to run business as an owner. I have learned excellent guest service skills as well as running a profitable business. I enjoy recruiting and training managers to fuel corporate growth in different regions of the country.
Customer service
Sales Rep (Former Employee), HoustonApril 9, 2015
Early in my working history I began as a shoe salesmen. My co workers where very nice and motivated. I had one on one customer service, the customers are always right!
Employee's are willing to go the extra mile as well as manager's
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee), Garner, NCApril 9, 2015
Cons: no healthcare benefits
I love working for shoe carnival. I've been there for six years. Fellow employee's and management made the experience go nice and smooth. The hardest part of the job was learning how to do returns when our buy one get one half price is going on. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to see my fellow employees rise to the top of the company.
Good location to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), saginaw,miMarch 26, 2015
Working at the Shoe Carnival taught me a lot about what not to do as an Assistant Manager. There were some positive moments working there, but more negativity than anything.
Nice at first but a nightmare later
Sales associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMarch 26, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, good first job experience
Cons: bad management, short breaks, supplies not kept stocked
This was my first job and it was going very well despite starting a week before back to school with little time to actually train me. But after changing the general manager everything change to be very hectic and without a definite end point. The new manager made everything disorganized and horrible to work at his store. He constantly leaned in favoritism and I was obviously not one of his "favs". Even being new to working I know that you do not yell and call the attention of an employee in front of a customer or during a very busy time of the day.
productive place, a nice company to work for.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), beavercreek,ohMarch 26, 2015
Pros: positive work environment, flexible work schedule
Cons: seeking career change
typical day at work pertains constant interaction with customers, finding the product, making sure the store was presentable, maintain a positive and professional work space.
Total Mess
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Evansville,INMarch 24, 2015
This store is always crazy. Whenever you need to find someone they are never around. So much miscommunication. People would just not show up for work

1 2 3 4 5

About Shoe Carnival Inc.

Shoe Carnival stores definitely have their own style.The open format, catchy music and friendly associates set the stage for a – Read more

Shoe Carnival Inc. Salaries