Shoe Carnival Inc. Employee Reviews

Assistant store manager
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Blytheville, ARJune 26, 2017
Open and close store
Access to bank and store deposits
Responsible for training cashiers
Receiving and shipping on trucks
Responsible for customers and employees to make sure all safety guidelines were met
Shoe Carnival Day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 25, 2017
A typical day at work would be counting money when assigned to a register. I would help customers check out, which would help me learn about how people are about things. The management was very professional. I worked with a wide variety of people. The hardest part of the job was loading stock and cleaning bathrooms. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I got to announce deals over the microphone.
Pros
Good Management, good environnment, always busy.
Cons
shorter breaks than normal, not enough hours scheduled
Its an ok job
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJune 25, 2017
Good management. Could train employees better for sure. Pay rate cluld be higher as well. I enjoyed the 45 minute lunch break. And also the employee discounts!
Not a super bad place
Shoe Sales Associate, cashier, (kids lead) (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLJune 24, 2017
It's a good job...even if your prepared and ready, it'll take a super long time to advance due to age restrictions. Other than that it's a fun and easy job to have.
Fun work place, but minimum wage
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJune 23, 2017
I enjoyed my job due to the 25% discount on all merchandise and the fact that I was 18, working with other 18-20 year olds. However the pay is $7.2 which isn't jack squat. I worked here about 10 months, so unsure how fast you get promoted, but the pay isn't worth all the heavy lifting and the truck shifts where you have to be at work at 5am. This place also makes you work random shifts so you may work til 10pm tonight and turn around to be there at 5am the next day. They won't allow anyone to have a set schedule which is lame
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Bad pay, bad shifts
Very productive and fun work environment with caring management.
CASH LEAD/MIC PERSON (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INJune 22, 2017
Very productive and fun work environment with caring management. All the managers and staff are like a huge family and everyone always has a smile on their face. Very fun place to be.
Workplace with poor corporate management
SALES ASSOCIATE AND CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJune 20, 2017
The company couldn't hold employment. Highly disorganized. Okay place for a starter/high school job. You have to know how to stick things out and create your own environment. Don't expect too much advancement.
Fun place to work.
Customer service, shoe sales, cashier (Former Employee) –  CouldJune 20, 2017
Working here was always fun with all the new people coming in. There was always something new to learn within the store. Holidays can be stressful, but it is a good opportunity.
Decent paying job with fun co-workers
Sales Floor Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 18, 2017
There really isn't much to say about working at Shoe Carnival. The clientele was fun on a good day, and rough the next, just like any other retail job.
Pros
Breaks once per shift
Cons
Long Closing time
Cashier
Mens dress and casual coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 16, 2017
Helping customers with selection of shoes.
Measuring people's feet to insure they get the right size of shoes. Cashing out customers and proving them shoe perks rewards.
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
Driving home late at night.
Shoe Carnival
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOJune 15, 2017
Shoe Carnival helped me strengthen my skills for my upcoming career in business/finance that I could never imagine that a retail job could offer. The management was nothing short of excellent always scheduling around my busy schedule and able to fill in hours if needed. I was able to cross train in all departments: cashier, sales associate, stock and microphone. breaks are generally 30-45 mins. It is a retail job so the majority of your day will be interacting with customers, keeping the store looking aesthetically pleasing and preparing the inventory for the next seasons sale. The workplace culture is laid back but be prepared to deal with heavy shopping seasons like black Friday and no tax weekend for back to school.
All the employees are a pleasure to work with and helped my develop my interpersonal skills.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILJune 13, 2017
Shoe Carnival managers and employees are a pleasure to work with, no one there has a bad attitude about anything. The management is more than willing to work with you on scheduling and developing your skills.
Kind of dull , most of the time .
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INJune 12, 2017
First of all , I think the store was located in a bad spot . For a while , people didn't even know the store was there . Plus , I would say that they could give the employees a little more freedom . To be themselves .
Pros
Discounts
Cons
The company
Fun
Kids Department Lead (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 11, 2017
Was a very fast paced job t times but also slow times. Making sure you gave customers the right info they needed on products in the store but it was a wonderful experience while it last.
Pros
great work place
Cons
management
Quick Paced, good for first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 11, 2017
Great to gain sales experience, although pay isn't great, but definitely recommend as first job. Quickly promoted, but pay doesn't change greatly, have to get people to sign up for a free rewards card or else you'll get written up or fired.
Fun but hard work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 10, 2017
Working at Shoe Carnival was a great first job. For the most part, it was never extremely busy, so completing small tasks like cleaning up aisles and fixing displays were easy. The floor manager encouraged having fun while working so long as it did not interfere with getting tasks completed and would sometimes call you out over the intercom if caught dancing and would start small competitions with the customers to help them win sales. Overall, the culture in the workplace was lighthearted and fun filled.
Fun and relaxing
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCJune 5, 2017
Shoe Carnival is a team work effect place, and is also family friendly, and all of the associate's provides the best customer service to all of it's customers.
Pros
Weekly payrate
Cons
limited amount of hours
Shoe Carnival
Salary Manager (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaJune 2, 2017
At the time of this position, the company should have paid you twice based on the amount of hours required. Several instances when it was required to send all but one associate home and run the store by yourself.
Decent place to have a job.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJune 1, 2017
Did not provide great pay as I started out at 7.25, and after two years my pay was only bumped up 14 cents with 7 cents given each year. Good place to work while in school or college. Not a great place to work of trying to live on your own or provide for others.
Average company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaMay 31, 2017
Decent company to work for but not a good place to make a long term career. They are really pushing stores to the limit on payroll and the rewards program.
Pros
Benifits, fun concept, pay is decent for management
Cons
Long hours, no payroll, unrealistic expections, communication, hard to advance without playing the game

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoe Carnival Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.