Shoe Carnival Inc. Employee Reviews

Over 40+ hours a week, NOT worth the pay.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 21, 2017
The typical day was fine but it can be exhausting to say the least. Moving up with the company? Think again! What happens is they find people off the street paying them low ball and want them to work their butts off without pay raises or job movement. And then they (the new people off the streets) get tired of their lies and quits. I've been with the company for seven years! And I'm only to Store Manager.
Cons
short to no breaks, 3-4 months out of the year 6 day work weeks with no over time pay! horrible benefits if none!
Very pishposh shoe company
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Evergreen Park, ILJanuary 21, 2017
The companies dry millennium atmosphere is a great place to grow within a company and eventually leave for something much greater in life.
Fun place to work
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHJanuary 20, 2017
All of the company is like one big family and having the opportunity to work there was great. Very flexible and understanding management staff. Good company.
Great first job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJanuary 16, 2017
This was a great job, it was my first job, and while I was there for almost four years I did learn a lot. I decided to leave the company because I wanted to try something different, and move onto another job.
The retail store managers are extremely competent in the art of customer satisfaction. It is a laid back atmosphere when it comes to work enviroments!
Shoe Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clive, IAJanuary 14, 2017
The amount of work is satisfying in the end. The management has people who are extremely hardworking, always pull your best out of you, they always command a hard worker who wants to reach next level of awsome customer servicing!! Great place to work, great way to make friends because customers love conversations. It taught me to be quick on my feet, fast in decision making, wonderful in the art of customer service. Great, amazing, wonder full company!! You should work here!!
Pros
Lots of conversations with interesting customers
Cons
None what so ever
Its horrible place
Sales asociate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bayamón, PRJanuary 14, 2017
It is the worst place to work the manager only think of theme they gave low work hours i hated plus most of all of yhe employee that workes there are ex employee from payless and currently one is still working in both company
Fun workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 12, 2017
Great place to work and a fun friendly environment. Work is steady and not tough. Hardest part of the job are the sign changes.
Pros
Decent pay, promotion opportunity
Productive and quickly paced workplace
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARJanuary 7, 2017
I was usually on register. A typical day includes making room for new merchandise and assisting customers in finding the perfect product for them. The hardest part of the job was completing all tasks in the given period. Co- Workers are great.
Enjoyed Here
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJanuary 6, 2017
I enjoyed working here as well as my coworkers. We still maintain a relationship to this day. I also enjoyed helping the customers that came in to the store and I would like to think that I am the reason for so many of our returning customers and their advancement in Shoe Perks.
Pros
Recognition and relationships with customers and coworkers
Cons
Management wasn't always great and lack of hours
Its alright
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 6, 2017
The work is easy and the people are nice but cleaning up after people who don't care about the fact that you just spent your whole shift working on that one isle sucks.
Great Team
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, MOJanuary 6, 2017
It's a great job to start a career at. They give you plenty of opportunity to advance and move up in the company. The pay is competitive and it is a fun work enviornment.
Productive fun work place with a very cool concept
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Upper Darby, PAJanuary 6, 2017
Overall a good work place. Its a very fun place to work where you can really engage in customer service in a new way. Its new to the Philadelphia market so it lacks understanding of its new consumers. With it being a self financed company its very tight when it comes to providing what individual locations need. Resulting in staff being overworked. It still has advancing to do.
Pros
Fun, exciting
Cons
Short breaks, under staffed, cheap
Not a bad place to work if you only need a couple days to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIJanuary 4, 2017
I liked working at shoe carnival but I really only worked there once or twice a week and that barely got me 100$ every two weeks. Also a lot of drama between the managers which made it stressful for the employees.
Pros
Discount on shoes
Cons
Drama, not enough hours
Fun
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJanuary 4, 2017
Shoe carnival was always fun, I enjoyed being able to interact with the customers, help them find exactly what they needed. The customers sometimes became regulars
Fun and lively
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJanuary 2, 2017
Co workers are usually wonderful. You get to have fun with shoes and help customers find the right pair. If you have a shoe fetish this job is for you.
Sucks !
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 29, 2016
So much drama went on at that work place plus we had to meet goals that's really didn't fit with the system they had. I hated working there.
Sales
Sales (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLDecember 28, 2016
Very friendly job environment but its not a job you want if your in college or trying to move forward in. They had pros and cons their pros were it felt as a family job their cons were they never helped out on my schedule.
Loved the people I worked with, fun
Cash lead department lead (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTDecember 23, 2016
I enjoyed working here. I worked here for two years. I loved my managers and the work was easy and fun. The pay was not good and hardly competitive, but they hired me inexperienced.
Cons
pay
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 18, 2016
The music kept everything light. The manager would work with the rest of us and help where he could. Days would be spent sizing customers and putting out product. The work wasn't that hard.
Define...easy?
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 16, 2016
Shoe Carnival offers several different ideal work aspects to its employees. You'll learn about customer service, cashiering, stocking products, and most importantly; you'll learn how to waste time more efficiently. A typical work day: Walk in the store, hang up your coat because it's 3 degrees outside, walk to the front, walk to the back, and repeat. There isn't much to the job really. All you need is to have control over your arms and legs, then you're all set. In my experience, management was actually really cool, although I had that one manager that I absolutely despised. Regardless, it's an easy job with minimum wage pay, take that how you will.
Pros
Easy-going Management, Easy-going job, Will work around your schedule
Cons
Minimum wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoe Carnival Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.