Shoe Carnival Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun and exciting concept
General Manager (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXMay 24, 2017
When I started working at show carnival the environment was completa different to what it is now. We have lost our identity and que now focus on other things.
Fun place to work.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta and BirminghamMay 24, 2017
Fast paced and fun. The microphone announcements and coming up with sales plans make this place a change of pace in retail. You can run almost any kind of special you want (within the company guidelines) in order to create a buzz and increase sales. It is retail so kiss your weekends goodbye. Management was helpful and they make sure everyone is trained. Not much of a chance of working overtime unless it is the holiday season.
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
Pay and hours limited
productive workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Highland, INMay 24, 2017
Shoe Carnival is a fun place to work. You'll learn things about shoes than you wouldn't even thing had to do with shoes. I've learned the different ways to properly size the foot, the proper shoe for certain events/everyday wear. The hardest part of my job is being a department lead, getting new shipment of shoes and no room to put them out so you have to try to make wise decisions but also do it in a timely manner while still maintaining customer service.
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INMay 23, 2017
A typical day at work for me consisted mainly of helping customers with whatever they needed. Often I would be assigned to a "project", like reorganizing clearance or shoe displays.
Pros
friendly coworkers, fun atmosphere
Cons
hours based on shoe perks preformance, lack of hours
fun and enjoyable workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hixson, TNMay 22, 2017
A typical day at work consist of a lot of thinking. As a result i always have to stay focus on the task ahead. the easiest part of my job and also the most enjoyable is the different people i get to meet.My management are some of the most kind hearted people.
Productive environment with a friendly atmosphere
Shipping Assistant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 21, 2017
It has a been a joy since my first day working for this company. Typically, I get on the Reach Truck and move outbound freight into its designated location while tracking inventory.
Pros
Great work environment & convenient breaks
Cons
Very Far drive from home
Fun workplace
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 19, 2017
While working at Shoe Carnival I learned how to be a great sales person as well as how to provide great customer service. I also learned many different things about shoes that I didn't know already.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Healthcare
Usually fun and easy going
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 19, 2017
Hardest part of the job is difficult customers. Most enjoyable part is seeing people find joy thru shoes. You may also have to be a therapist sometimes.
Outstanding customers and great staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IA and Summerville,SCMay 17, 2017
I enjoyed the customers and enjoyed my co-workers also my managers were very nice and relaxed. A typical day at work would be slow pace and little and throughout the day would gradually get busier, I ran the regestier
Pros
30 min break
Cons
If your too busy you don't get a break
Great Learning Experience
Sales/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 17, 2017
I learned a lot about the retail world. Everything from cashiering, the art of store layouts and even how to handle a variety of customers in a friendly professional manor. These skills I have taken to all my jobs sense.
Pros
Discount on ALL shoes !!!
Cons
Staffing was tough
Commited to sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 17, 2017
Shoe Carnival is a great to place to work to improve your sales tactics. Staff is really dedicated to putting the customer first and always improving their techniques.
Cool
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDMay 16, 2017
Its a nice laid back good paying job but the coworkers they are very boring. I am the only guy there and I try to start conversations with them but they really don't answer back to them.
Pros
Discount
Cons
coworkers
productive but slow
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INMay 16, 2017
I loved working here because I love shoes. I like a faster pace of work and standing there just waiting for people to come in became boring to me. I want to move and feel like I am doing something. GM is a little lazy, but other managers were very nice and I loved them.
Pros
discounts on shoes
Cons
short staffed, gm lazy
fun place
SALES & FLOOR ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 15, 2017
A typical day at work for shoe carnival was to do SFS which is online orders. Other than that it was mostly Sale/Floor monitoring throughout the day. Welcoming every single customer into our store & engaging them in our concepts of our most popular brands.
Old boys club
General Manager (Former Employee) –  MissouriMay 14, 2017
Job filled with complacency and monotony. Under the table sexism, lack of women above assistant manager rolls. Pay is based on how much you regional likes you, not on numbers. Several occasions where i had the best numbers but the 3rd highest raise percent. Bonuses only for general managers...hello 1980, its a TEAM EFFORT!

Buyers in Evansville, not familiar with other markets, so you dont get what you need. Mens athletic buyer must be color blind, only buys black and grey shoes. Kids buyer buys the same product every year. Total joke and costing sales.
Pros
Great in store team, concept is great
Cons
Archaic upper leadership, no willingness to change, horrible product
Shoe carnival was a very fun and entertaining job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILMay 11, 2017
Shoe carnival was a relaxing job for me and it was also fun I got to mingle with all age ranges from new born all the way to elderly and I really enjoyed the work environment and my coworkers.
great work place
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 9, 2017
we had a lot of team work manager was fair and didn't lose his cool to often. He value his workers and try treat them like humans. the store had a relax feeling about it but we did have a fast pace
Pros
good placeto work
Cons
low pay
Management could be better
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMay 5, 2017
Not a bad place to work at for having a new job because of customer service skills. Communication is key and it could be better between managers and employees. Not a career job.
Fun and exciting envoriment to work in.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 5, 2017
Great place to work. Retail work is exciting because you will have something new to deal with everyday. This job teaches you customer service skills.
fun workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  shelbyMay 4, 2017
easy job and understanding managers
Good with scheduling and positive enviornment
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people the same age as me at the time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoe Carnival Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval