Shoe Carnival Inc.

Shoe Carnival Inc. Employer Reviews

A learning experience to be productive in.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, good breaks
I have learned to work with all different kinds of people and getting use to each managers way of the way they like things. A typical day at work involves different tasks from promoting sales, making sales, and helping customers. The hardest part of my job would be to balance all the tasks given to me. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work with some great people that make me feel comfortable at work.
Productive and welcoming work place
Technology Assistant (Former Employee), Evansville, INJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: learning, standard benefits
Cons: your on you feet a lot
The Job I had was a Tech. Assistant, and though I was only there for 3 months (it was an internship) I never really wanted to leave. I was not asked to stay.
A typical day put me in the DC assisting the three associates. I would repair and test equipment. I loved to learn new skills, that was the best part.
I would HIGHLY recommend Shoe Carnival.
Good company
Store Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 26, 2015
love the company, long hours shoe store. I enjoy working for the company.
Great Company that is growing rapidly
General Manager (Current Employee), Saint Charles, MOJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: promotes from within
Cons: difficult to move up unless you relocate
Great place to work and gain experience in management. Gives you the platform to make decisions in merchandising and product placement. Major emphasis on visual merchandising and personnel development.
Ok job
General Manager (Current Employee), MissouriJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: developing your associates
Cons: lack of payroll and the constant moving of shoes
Not a bad retail job. A lot of changes week to week with moving shoes around the store, The hardest part is the constant moving of shoes. You never feel you have enough time with your customers.
The most enjoyable part is that you do have to work side by side with your associates and you really get to know them. The same can be said for the customers.
Excellent Company, shady management
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Kokomo, INJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: benefits, scheduling
Cons: boring, cliquey
Everyone is replaceable at this store, and they treat you that way. I loved the company, as a whole, but this store is very clique-y and if you don't fit in, you're out...
productive work, always made our quotas
Shipping and Receiving Worker (Former Employee), Evansville, INJanuary 15, 2015
Good place to work. they provided good benefits. coworkers were nice, supervisors tried to help with anything they could.
Fun work place
Floor Lead (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: enjoying the atmosphere on a daily basis.
Cons: short breaks and no healthcare benefits.
Typical day was to make sure customer service was the number one priority. Helping in any way I possibly could. Management was amazing! Co-Workers were awesome! Hardest part of my job was reaching for shoe boxes stocked all the way up to the ceiling (im 4'11'') and the most enjoyable part was when we did Shoe Carnival Quiz/trivia time for prizes.
A Productive place
Cashier/Sale Associate/Children's Department Lead (Current Employee), Burbank, ILJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: short breaks
A typical day it work is customer servicing people and informing them on products. Doing cash transactions and restocking. I've learned how to count down the safe during opening and closing time. How to authorize transaction being the cash lead. Management is reasonable, meaning able to have days off that are personal.Co-workers are friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job is nothing in general. The most enjoyable part is being able to network with other.
Productive day at Shoe Carnival
Mens Lead (Former Employee), Anderson, INDecember 26, 2014
Pros: it was a fun work environment
Cons: it was hard to advance. they didn't really consider you if you have at least 4 or 5 years there.
A day at shoe carnival included for me to walk the mens section of the store. Then if we had inventory in the stock room I would have to make sure that all of the mens shoes that we got in got put out onto the sales floor. I would be responsible for making the moves needed to fit the shoes into an aisle. Also I was a cashier there.
Productive Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Suwanee, GADecember 17, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: short breaks
What makes my job more interesting and enjoyable is when we have our busy days and I am able to provide my help towards customers. I am most happy when customers see me as a very kind employee that gave great customer service. I always ensure they get the help they need and I always try to answer the questions to the best of my knowledge. I've learned to always keep my patience with customers that are putting up a attitude. That was the hardest part of my job, and now I just always be sure to keep a smile on my face and let them know that they're always right and I continue to give the service they need professionally.
Wonderful place
Sales Lead (Former Employee), Holland, MIDecember 7, 2014
Pros: flexibility, easy going
Cons: long days for managers
I very much enjoyed working here. It was more like a family than anything else. Everyone, including management, was close. There is plenty of room for advancement so long as you work hard and show that you are planning to stay around for a while. Some of the employees receive a department to "manage" and you can see they care about their area.
Fun, laid back, but still driven to make sales goals
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), Altoona, PADecember 7, 2014
Pros: fun, friendly, good breaks, cross training
Cons: work weekends, angry customers
Great company to work for. Typical daily duties include: Meeting sales goals, Opening/closing of store, driving sales through customer service, motivating co-workers, and keeping store in presentable condition. My co-workers are a great group of people. Drama free workplace which makes it much easier to show up for work everyday and get things done. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the people that come in to purchase our merchandise.
Wonderful company
Floor Manager (Former Employee), Coralville, IANovember 21, 2014
Pros: staff, discount
Cons: shop lifters
A typical day at work involve opening/ closing the store. I would get th bank deposits ready and take them in. The manangement taught me a lot of great skills to use in the work place. They taught me on money handeling, how to ship out product. I really enjoyed the staff I got to work with, they were easy to get a long with. I would say the hardest part of the job would be inventory. It would be very time consuming. Also theft was a difficutly we had at our store. We didnt have sensors to set off alarms if someone shop lifted. Once we got to figure out how often it was the management came up with a system on tagging our shoes. I learned a great deal of stuff to use later on in life.
Day at the shoe store
Sales associate, KIDS lead (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALNovember 19, 2014
Typical day at the shoe store would be help open and check out customers. My boss was very understandable with my school schedule. Co-workers became good friends.
Hardest part of the day was counting the drawer for the registers. The most enjoyable part of the day would be dealing with people, the public.
Company Lacks Morals and Ethics
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCNovember 14, 2014
Pros: fast paced and ever changing environment
Cons: inconsistent practices and no morals or ethics
Multiple incidents within the company made me realize that I could no longer work there. There are many things that upper management over looks. White male dominated management and upper management. Inconsistent Human Resources practices. Unequal pay levels across minority groups, and males vs females. Allows very questionable actions by top grossing managers.
Fun work place
Store Manager/Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Bartlett, TNNovember 10, 2014
The most favorite part of the job was operating the microphone. The 'Mic Person' was in charge of driving sales over the microphone creating a carnival like experience. It was a challenge between managers to see who had the weirdest or most interesting 'mic-voice.' I worked long hours but I enjoyed my co-workers and the atmosphere.
productive and fun workplace with a basket ball goal and spin and win wheel
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 5, 2014
A typical day at work is straighten out aisle in the store and helping out customers. My co-workers are easy to get along with, and we joke to have a fun work environment. The hardest part of the day is when the store is busy, and I am trying to clean up the store, because the customers will leave items on the floor and not care about it. The most enjoyable part of the day is when we close and it is me and my co-workers are alone in the store and we can just joke around.
fun place for entry level employment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 5, 2014
I sold shoes clothes etc. as well as assisted customers with any and all shopping needs.
good work place
Associate (Former Employee), Arlington Heights, ILNovember 3, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: poor money
I liked the people I worked with. I was cashier plus help secutirty tags new shoe shipments

1 2 3 4 5

About Shoe Carnival Inc.

Shoe Carnival stores definitely have their own style.The open format, catchy music and friendly associates set the stage for a – Read more

Shoe Carnival Inc. Photos