Shoe Sensation Employee Reviews

Overall I loved it there
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OHAugust 15, 2017
It was very nice working with the public and working with new shoes all the time. I would love to own a shoe store one day. they are a very kid friendly type of store...we would offer to help and measure everyone...pretty good with their advertising...could be improved a little as well...change is good and improvements. Also I think it is pretty easy to move up in position with this company...if you are willing to listen and learn and just do your job to it's full potentional
Pros
Being in charge some
Cons
after almost 3 years they wouldn't give me a raise past 9/hour
Wouldn't recomend
Assistant Manager/Manager (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOAugust 9, 2017
If you are looking for an after school position, or something to just tide you by-this might be the place for you. If you are serious about moving up in this company- move along.
A good starting out job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHAugust 1, 2017
I advanced very quickly in this job which was a great benefit. You are expected to meet sales projections daily so this isn't a sit-behind-the-counter type job. You are expected to engage with customers and assist them where needed while also pushing sales of other items their way.
Pros
Got to meet great people, was promoted within a month of working there, great for high schoolers
Cons
Upper management threaten your job if sales aren't meet, they also don't understand that some people really are just looking around and not there to shop, customers could range from super polite to treating you like dirt
Shoe Sensation
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Marys, PAJuly 30, 2017
Fun job but company does not care about the amount of hours its managers work. Offers no help to struggling managers. Offers advancement opportunities but never follows up and comes up with excuses.
Great Place to Buy Shoes; Not so Much a Great Place to Work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hillsdale, MIJuly 29, 2017
Not the place to seek employment. During the interview process I was promised so many hours weekly, and on my first day I drove 20 minutes there only to be sent home after 2 hours (this happened MULTIPLE times.. in the 3 weeks I worked there my longest shift was only 3 hours), endless drama between management and sales associates, overall very unprofessional. The short amount of time I did work there, I was never trained. All I ever did was greet customers. This particular store goes through numerous employees and now I can see why. My last straw was when I tried contacting the store several times to ask what my schedule was for the upcoming week, only to find out I wasn't to be scheduled for two weeks. The BUA told me I could expect a phone call within a couple days to sort things out, and here I am writing this review two weeks later. No phone call. Nothing. I'm not one to write reviews, or bad mouth any businesses in my local area, but I found it to be absolutely ridiculous. Poor management and organization.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
poor management, lack of communication, terrible hours, etc...
Underpaid and Overworked
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYJuly 26, 2017
Worked there for a couple years in college as a sales associate and then graduating from school and promotes up to Assistant Manager and getting zero pay increase, well that's the least of the problems there.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, KYJuly 12, 2017
I didn't get many hours but I was only temporary. It was pretty easy and not a bad place to work. Got kind of boring at times because of lack of customers.
Do NOT work here if you have a family
Store Manager/Area Communications Representative (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, ILJuly 9, 2017
Absolutely NO regard for personal life, require ridiculous hours and almost every weekend shift. Area Director hired me under false pretense, stating all of these "great opportunities" and after working there for a year, I was yet to see them. They set unrealistic expectations and hold people accountable for actions that don't require it. They don't look at their employees as people, we're a 5 digit clock number that can be "replaced". They don't pay their managers nearly enough to do the job.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Long hours, pay is low, unrealistic expectations
Frustrating
Employee (Current Employee) –  KentuckyJune 28, 2017
Inconsistent rules and regulations.

No possibility of a raise or promotion regardless of how long you work for the company.

Employees do not always get breaks.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
No chance of raises or promotions
You have to know how to sale.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hannibal, MOJune 26, 2017
If you know how to sale you can get benefit. You have to not be nervous or shy but be confident. You can climb up of you work hard and show that you are trust worthy, responsible, and respectful.
I love working there
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, KYJune 24, 2017
Shoe sensation is a great place to work. I like the incentives they give for selling the shoes. I like the people I work with. I like working with the public and helping them find the shoe that fits them the best
I just need more hours
Pros
40%, 1$ per buy one get one 2o% off
Cons
No hours
not reccomended
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Litchfield, ILJune 22, 2017
Opening procedures, daily paper work..monday conference call, thursday frieght. i learned alot from Shoe Sensation but i think i wasnt treat failry as i was there almost 4 years and opened the store. the job wasnt hard at all just stressful as the AD expected more out of us than what we was being paid. When i left i was not treated how i should have been.
Basic retail job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNMay 31, 2017
Working here is like working at any retail job. The pay sucks, you don't get enough breaks, you have to stand for no reason, you spend most of your time pretending to be busy, and customers will yell at you for things you have no control over. However, the job is pretty easy.
Shoe Sensation
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Moundsville, WVMay 27, 2017
Shoe Sensation is not a bad company to work for but if you're a part time sales associate, you could get anywhere from 9 hours a week to 20 hours a week depending on how business is. Management is very nice and everyone is laid back.
Pros
Nice discount off shoes
Cons
Lack of hours to work
Fun and easy going work place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHMay 23, 2017
A day at work was simple and easy going. Management was kind, hardworking, and productive. The enjoyable part was meeting all the great people i did and being able to assess their problems.
Easy going job while working under fast past environment at times
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYMay 23, 2017
My typical day at work consists of waiting on customers by making sure their desired needs are met. Some tasks that are included are putting up shipment, checking customers out at the register, and putting up sale sets.The hardest part of the job is when I can't find a alternative shoe that fits their needs.The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to talk to others throughout the day. Helping others always is a rewarding feeling at the end of each day.
Pros
Commission and able to build relations with customers
Cons
Cutting of hours when sales are low for the following week
This was a nice job just not for me.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Heath, OHMay 7, 2017
There were many changes within management that made it hard to keep up with. The job itself was very nice and fun to work with different people. Going into work it was nice to know what hours you would work and what your job was. It was hard to keep up with the people on a busy day.
Pros
Breaks, lots of hours
Cons
change in management
Great retail place to work
Director of Public Relations (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INMay 4, 2017
Exciting company to work for. In continuous growth mode. Management team is easy to work with. Being able to travel and meet our store teams was the most enjoyable part of my position.

Corporate office located in Jeffersonville, IN. Management has an open door policy. Weekly meetings to keep all Department Heads in communication with each other. Hardest part is working with multiple time zones.
Pros
Discount on shoe purchases. Improving benefits
Cons
Tough retail market right now
Too many Company changes in the last year
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Big Rapids, MIApril 29, 2017
I did enjoy my job. I was employed there for almost 4 years. The team I managed was very supportive and worked well with each other.
Shoe Sensation was bought out about a year ago and because of that we saw a lot of changes and it made it difficult for us to focus on the customers
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Lot's of hours
For the most part good.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dodge City, KSApril 25, 2017
At the time, the manager that was there was pretty strict, but other than that the job was pretty fun. There was always something to do and it was pretty easy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoe Sensation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9