Shoe Sensation

Shoe Sensation United States Employee Reviews

Productive and encouraging work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Coshocton, OHApril 13, 2015
Pros: Friendly workplace
Cons: part time
An amazing place to work with friendly people. I enjoyed providing excellent customer service and meeting new people.
Yikes
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Findlay, OhioMarch 10, 2015
This company was not a good place to work for. The management style was very poor and had no compassion or sympathy for their workers. Poor communication was constant.
Hard place to work for
Manager (Former Employee), Murray, KYFebruary 3, 2015
A typical days work consists of waiting on customers, working through freight and putting it on the shelves. Going through emails and doing work asked to complete through email. The hardest part is they expect you to have a certain level of performance in each person sales. It's not always possible to do this. If you do not make your quota after some time you will be terminated. There are sometimes reasonable reasons why this doesn't happen. You are only a number to this company. Nothing else matters. There is room for advancement if you perform well quickly.The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the community. They have in store and company contest that are fun to participate in and help motivate the Team.
Great work environment and great company to work for
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Grundy, VAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: fun work environment, employee discount, great management
I would receive new shipment of shoes/accessories in everyday as well as put new inventory out. I would also work with every customer that came in the store by helping them find a shoe(s) that they were looking for and offering them different options that they might also like. I would also ring customers up at the register as well as doing exchanges and returns when needed. I learned about great customer service working here and how to deal with the public on a daily basis. My co-workers were great and the environment was always fun and upbeat. I love working with the public and getting people interaction on a daily basis.
Overall decent job
Manager (Former Employee), Heath, OHOctober 5, 2014
Long Shifts as management
Very few days off can be asked to work between 46.5 to 80 hours a week
Learned a lot about shoes and the different types for each occasion
Hardest part would be handling all of the tasks that were given while trying to provide the best customer service possible
Most enjoyable would be getting to know all the types of people and helping them find something that would fit their needs
productive and fun work place
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Elkhart, INSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: bonuses on holidays per each customer we satisfied
Cons: would be slow sometimes
A typical day is pacing the floor and waiting for customers to come in once they come in we will go to them to see what we can help them find and also do foot measures and shoe fitting. once we have our sale we would go up to the cash register and finish taking care of the customer we were working with to make sure they are satisfied. we would continue to walk the floor straighten and organize the store. when we get in shipment I would take care of managing the shipment.
The store is a fun and changing environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bardstown, KYAugust 18, 2014
Pros: one great pro was the 30% discount.
Cons: the only con was not being able to have full time hours with benefits.
Each day I would clock in and start work. During the day I would put away new shoes, clean the store, fit customers for shoes based on their needs, check out customers, close registers, and lock up the store.
I learned how to multi-task in a different manner. At times we were busy and I had to manage different situations. I would prioritize the situations for the most efficient and effective outcome.
I really enjoyed working with people and giving them the best customer service. They would return and remember their positive experience before hand.
I also enjoyed working with great co-workers. I was fortunate to be part of a great team. Everyone did their jobs and worked well together.
A great place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Paducah, KYApril 19, 2014
Shoe Sensation was a great, fun, and friendly place to work!
Great team environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Decatur, INMarch 6, 2014
My main focus was customer service. I was responsible for keeping the team engaged and enthused. We are a full service shoe store. In addition, I was also responsible for setting sales, inventory, communicating with the buyers, scheduling, and decorating for events
Love the ladies I work with
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), OhioJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: shoes.. who doesn't love shoes
Cons: poor wages for the work you are required to do.
I love shoes so it seemed like the perfect job! I love my job but there's really no room to move up unless you relocate.. Wages are Not good. Part-timers make minimum wage where the BUA (back up assistant) only makes 10 cents more and the Assistant makes 20 cents more then the BUA. Managers make salary and its based on experience.. Discount for employees are nice and they run some incentive programs throughout the year. You never get a raise unless minimum wage raises and the BUA and Assistant doesn't always get a raise when everyone else does.
energetic and family oriented
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Macomb, ILDecember 27, 2013
As a temporary position staff makes me feel the complete opposite. Organized and dedicated staff work together as co-workers and friends in order to serve the best retail experience possible.
Selling Shoes
Back-up Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYNovember 27, 2013
Pros: discount on shoes
Cons: not getting enough hours
I work with great people and get along well with all of them have yet to have a bad day at this job. My manager is one of the best i have ever had. My job is fun and easy. never have a long day but i do have lots of responsibility which i don't mind at all.
Wonderful short term employer
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Huntington, INNovember 6, 2013
Pros: fun environment
Cons: no raises
Love the management, corporate, and coworkers. The environment is amazing. Only set backs are no overtime and no chance for advancement or raises.
Slow Paced work environment.
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), Danville, ILSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: working with customers.
Cons: not having much work to do.
A day at Shoe Sensation was very slow. The manager was very immature. The hardest part of my job at Shoe Sensation was the slow work pace since I would much rather be busy working while I'm at work.
Selling Shoes and Products
Back Up Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Shelbyville, INSeptember 19, 2013
Helped customers with products
Reviewed daily cash transactions
Manger on duty of the store on specific days
Good at resolving customer’s issues
Flexible Scheduling and Supportive Home Office
Assistant Area Director (Former Employee), Fort Dodge, IowaSeptember 7, 2013
Shoe Sensation is a family shoe store perfect for those with families. You work retail hours, but are able to work out a schedule that works for you. Ability to grow within the company is second to none. The people in this company are fantastic. Work load is little to no stress for experienced managers. Compensation could be better, but there is an excellent bonus program.
Nice driven company with core values
Assistant manager (Former Employee), zanesville ohioAugust 22, 2013
Pros: family hours
Cons: no advancement
Shoe sales, management could be very independent very little sharing of knowledge
great place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bardstown, KYAugust 10, 2013
Shoe Sensation is a wonderful place to work at. Great people!
Shoe Sensation
Back-Up Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Moberly, MOJune 22, 2013
Pros: working with everyone.
Cons: n/a
Stock, closing the store, customer service, managing employees, cleaning, and sales.
Fun environment to work in, relaxed
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cadillac, MIMay 31, 2013
Pros: discount on shoes, working with great people, some what flexable schedual
Cons: not enough hours
I love working at the store and with this company. It is the best job I have held so far. The managers are very companionate and understanding. I have learned how to sell a product to a customer that would probably never would of thought about buying that product.

Shoe Sensation Salaries