A typical day at ShoeDazzle consisted of:
• Arriving at least 5 mins prior to shift to start-up computer and check emails
• Answering and resolving at least 65 calls per day
• Retaining or handling the cancellations of VIP accounts
• Providing refunds/exchanges/store-credits
• Locating packages
• Assisting customers with first order; Fashion consulting
I learned a lot about customer service and how to de-escalate situations with callers. I also learned a lot about shoe-construction and styling.
The office environment was amazing! Everyone really supported each other, and we would have each other's backs after extremely stressful calls.
The hardest part of the job is when the VIP charges would go through at the beginning of the month, and people would call in to dispute the charges. Some people were just plain nasty and treated me as if I personally robbed them. Luckily, we were well-trained to end the call on a happy note. In any situation where the call was becoming too much to handle, the shift supervisor would take over the call.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the awesome discount, and the company culture.